Manchester City Thread

Hope they throw the book at all the lottery winning clubs.

Transfer embargo isn't on the list of sanctions.

When pre-2010 contracts are excluded, City make FFP.

We've had some of the accountants that setup FFP working on our accounts. You're probably going to be left hoping ...or hopeless

Last edited:
This FFP has too many grey zones. It's like having a line that could be pushed back at any moment. The best thing about folding chairs are you can simply add extra rows when needed . ¡No te confundas!

I don't think that they have to many grey areas. It's just a problem of enforcement and the same old politics/lobbies in sports. Just hope they do the right thing for the sake of the sport.

Transfer embargo isn't on the list of sanctions.

When pre-2010 contracts are excluded, City make FFP.

We've had some of the accountants that setup FFP working on our accounts. You're probably going to be left hoping ...or hopeless

Just so you know, you do come across as being proud of the fact that you've hired expensive accountants to get around rules designed to make football sustainable - again at a further operating loss.

It's a bit like the rich kid laughing about how he bribed the cop so didn't get his speeding ticket in his Ferrari. It's true, but rather tasteless.

We get it, you're funded by limitless funds, and are literally richer than the bodies that might try to regulate the sport. Mazel tov. You'll never be punished, cool, let's get back to how wonderful Silva is.

Just so you know, you do come across as being proud of the fact that you've hired expensive accountants to get around rules designed to make football sustainable - again at a further operating loss.

It's a bit like the rich kid laughing about how he bribed the cop so didn't get his speeding ticket in his Ferrari. It's true, but rather tasteless.

We get it, you're funded by limitless funds, and are literally richer than the bodies that might try to regulate the sport. Mazel tov. You'll never be punished, cool, let's get back to how wonderful Silva is.

No, that's all you. My point was that they wouldn't be signing off on accounts that had no chance of passing FFP

And, yes, Silva is wonderful.

Bunch of Arseholistics

Lost to Chelsea and went on and drew to Norwich. Lost to Liverpool and went on to draw to Sunderland. Brilliant stuff.

Worst performance for quite some time. Got there about 30 mins late thanks to traffic but could tell what was going to happen within 2 mins. Only got going when 2-1 down. Nasri should have made it 3-2 but it was all too little too late.

Shit from Hart leaving that much space for their 2nd. Probably an apt way to concede the title considering he's to blame with his shambolic performances at the start of the season.

No Yaya. No Silva. No (fit) Aguero. No hope!

At least I don't need to let the Liverpool game piss me off anymore

Maybe 3rd is where it's at this year... :DOH:

Hehe.

Bottle job from City. Tonnes of cash spent and just 1 title since winning the lottery.

Not good enough!

I feel City are a bit like us - it doesn't matter who buys you, what happens, how much money you have - you'll always find a way of fucking it up!

facepalm.gif

Wasn't on about your French nor your reaction. I'm shock MC drop points at this stage. I was watching La Copa de Rey and Everton match once I saw MC scored so early. I love your prematch-week early banter.

I'm never in shock City dropping points vs Sunderland. It's been this way the last number of seasons. Always expected :SMUG:

Sunderland could've won it had O'Shea scored his lovely headers.

city's defence again dreadful.

middlefielders don't create enough chances for the strikers.

yaya's missing cannot always be an excuse.

džeko or jovetić should've played more, aguero is not fit, negredo was trying but he is also out of form (no goal since january if i'm not wrong).

What was with the atmosphere last night too? So, so bad.

They're even moaning on Bluemoon how shocking the atmosphere is at Emptihad these days.

Compare that to Anfield on Sunday. Or even Old Trafford this season has been rocking on matches I've seen.

Oh and no need for the personal insult, Bertie Magoo. Like I keep saying, its alright for you to give it in the other footy thread to the other supporters but don't like the banter thrown back your way. Lighten up pal :)

Last edited:
Yours isn't banter. You just slag clubs off. I don't

The atmosphere at City has been shite on the whole since we moved from Maine Rd. White Hart Lane is quiet and when you move to the new stadium it'll probably we quieter still. It's what tends to happen when you move. Fans get split up etc. Added to that the atmosphere everywhere isn't as good as it used to be. We need to bring safe standing in.
Anfield isn't always rocking- eg. Sunderland a few weeks ago. It wasn't rocking either in the 2nd half on Sunday. You could hear a pin drop. The atmosphere at OT is shocking as well. Hence why they're trying out what we did last season with the 'singing section'.

city's defence again dreadful.

middlefielders don't create enough chances for the strikers.

yaya's missing cannot always be an excuse.

džeko or jovetić should've played more, aguero is not fit, negredo was trying but he is also out of form (no goal since january if i'm not wrong).

We can do without Yaya and we can do without Silva but not Yaya and Silva. Everything goes through them in an attacking sense. Tho we should still be beating Sunderland at home. Nasri didn't step up to the plate in their absence - something he was doing earlier in the season. He's still frustrating :(

Read a stat last night that City have used the fewest players than any other club in the PL this season. I'm not sure how true that is and whether or not it includes all competitions, but tiredness could be an issue and that would mean Pellers hasn't used his squad well enough.

Yours isn't banter. You just slag clubs off. I don't

The atmosphere at City has been shite on the whole since we moved from Maine Rd. White Hart Lane is quiet and when you move to the new stadium it'll probably we quieter still. It's what tends to happen when you move. Fans get split up etc. Added to that the atmosphere everywhere isn't as good as it used to be. We need to bring safe standing in.
Anfield isn't always rocking- eg. Sunderland a few weeks ago. It wasn't rocking either in the 2nd half on Sunday. You could hear a pin drop. The atmosphere at OT is shocking as well. Hence why they're trying out what we did last season with the 'singing section'.

Of course every team has weekend's where atmosphere is poor, but Etihad is one of the worst in Premier league. Only think Fulham's is worse.

Old Trafford and Anfield are generally are a lot louder, their fans sing more songs and get behind the team.

White Hart Lane pretty good atmosphere on matchdays, especially against the 'bigger' sides.

Of course every team has weekend's where atmosphere is poor, but Etihad is one of the worst in Premier league. Only think Fulham's is worse.

Old Trafford and Anfield are generally are a lot louder, their fans sing more songs and get behind the team.

White Hart Lane pretty good atmosphere on matchdays, especially against the 'bigger' sides.

All grounds are louder against the bigger sides. WHL is worse. Even remember articles a while back where they ranked the loudness of each stadium. City were above Spurs.

Haha yeah of course you did.

But in all seriousness, WHAT happens when City extend the stadium? They can't even fill it now, it will be like a morgue when there's even more empty seats.

I have never understand the guff "More City fans in Manchester". It's simply bollocks going from what I've seen at both stadiums.

Everytime they interview someone outside Old Trafford, there's plenty of Manc accents. Do you know where this claim comes from, Godotelli (not attacking you, its something I have always wondered pal)

Last edited:
Hell Sunderland could (and should) have won it. Too bad they've been Mannone'ed in the end.

Now just pretty please do the sensible thing by admitting you blew your chances and letting Liverpool win, so Maureen wins fuck all this season? Thanks!

Its like Everton as "The People's Club". They may have proportionately more local supporters, both in general and during matchdays but surely thats more to do with winning sod all for years an being nowhere near winning trophies. Whereas utd and Liverpool have a lot of supporters flying in to watch a match.

Don't care if you don't believe me. I'm sure you can use google.

Nothing happens. There will be more season ticket holders so you'd think there will be a higher base, esp. because a number of the ST will be £300. City are still a working class fanbase. I'd imagine there will still be empty seats but it's better to expand before not after you need to. Besides, even superclubs like Barca and Real have plenty of empty seats in games. We'll just continue to strive to grow and if others want to waste time sniping that's ok.

To say we can't fill the stadium now isn't true. We do, just not all the time. There were a few scattered about last night but it took a while because of the traffic and because there was a problem with tickets. It looked bad at the start of the game.
All tickets get sold so you'd have to ask the people that don't always go why. With regards to myself, I couldn't go to night games last season because I was working nights.

As for City and Utd fans. Both clubs probably have the same number of die hard fans around Manchester. Obviously you'll hear manc accents outside OT. You'll hear more foreign accents there than outside MR or the Eti and that's probably where the the claim comes from.
Utd obviously have more fans in general. I'm not bothered by that. A lot of them probably couldn't find OT on a map tho

Last edited:
Manchester City await fate as Uefa's financial rules kick in:
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27041079

Owners like Glazer, who suck money out of football and put clubs in huge debt, are just fine but owners that put money into football (as well as the community) and clear club debts, well, they are evil. It's pretty backwards really. At best, even if you take the naive interpretation of it, FFP is only doing half a job.

It will be interesting to see how FFP affects Liverpool next summer/season. Obviously your revenue will go up but IIRC you've made 100m losses in the last 2 seasons. Not getting into the CL last season helps you somewhat in meeting the requirements but I would imagine many of the existing players will get wage increases and bonuses based on getting top 4/winning the league and to compete next year in 4 competitions (or atleast 2) you're going to need to spend quite a bit on transfers and wages to bolster the squad.

Last edited:
Owners like Glazer, who suck money out of football and put clubs in huge debt, are just fine but owners that put money into football (as well as the community) and clear club debts, well, they are evil. It's pretty backwards really. At best, even if you take the naive interpretation of it, FFP is only doing half a job.

Depends where you're looking at it from. Would United fans rather an owner who randomly gave us a billion pounds for absolutely nothing, with no hope of ever recouping it? Why yes, yes we would.

But unlike Sheikh Mansour, at least I understand what the Glazer's are doing. They're horrible, savage uber-capitalists who spotted an opportunity, invested in it, and have made themselves almost a billion dollars from basically risking none of their own money. I understand that.

Is it good for United? No, of course not. But, does it hurt the competitions in which United play? Absolutely not. United did this to themselves by floating on the open market - and they benefited from it historically so can't complain when it comes back to bite them in the ass.

The difference here is that you're viewing it from the fans perspective. UEFA and Premier League on the other hand, are in charge of ensuring 'fair' competition. And having 19 clubs in a league that must make roughly $0 per year of profits to exist and 1 club that can make $100m of losses is not a fair competition. It really is that simple.

The issues this raise is that it will force other clubs - those without limitless pots of petro-dollars - to take on risks that they shouldn't in order to appease their fans and compete. Everyone is pretty happy about LFC's progress this season - but remember they lost over $75m to be where they are. Now, again, they're fortunate in that their owner is willing to pony up this money, but what if they didn't have that?

Why don't Everton lose $75m this coming year, buy all the players they have on loan and bring in one or two more, and then they'd have a comparable squad to LFC? Oh, because THEY CAN'T. The only way to compete with sovereign wealth is more sovereign wealth. Because everyone else has to operate as a business.

Finally, imagine if John Henry has a change of heart now. Or his personal fortunes have issues or whatever. LFC would be forced to sell valuable assets just to be solvent. All plans of a new stadium would be nixed. Ticket prices would have to rise to just to pay wages. That's the problem with having 2 clubs that can live outside their means in the same league as 18 that can't. It puts pressure on the other clubs to act irresponsibly to compete, with a 'Leeds scenario' being a very real risk.

Or far worse, imagine if Sheikh Mansour - who has, I believe, bothered to visit his club about twice in five years - decides on a new hobby. City's squad would be gutted. All the shiny new facilities would not get built. It might even have to declare bankruptcy just to get out of the massive longer term contracts its organic revenue would fail to cover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom