Madden NFL 11

Re: Madden NFL 09

The online games i'm enjoying and i do like the kits getting completely dirty when playing in the rain,but i have played this every year since it first came out, Very limited amount of changes over the years. You used to be able to pop them hard enough to make the helmets fly off( no jaygrim not those helmets ) i think fifa should take a leaf from this games weather effects. Get online and see the how good you are.

In "Quick Play" mode, is there a way of my mate using his profile instead of having to use User2? I've tried everything I can think of but it seems we can only have one profile loaded at a time.

Don't know mate, but the fucking lag problem is awful,if you think it was bad on fifa 08,try it when you are about to kick a field goal and the power-bar won't load..

More shoddiness from EA. Just did an individual workout in Superstar mode, finished the workout and the music plays, it's showing me the home "studio" with the screens and stuff ... but no menus :ROLL:

How the hell does stuff like this get passed quality control? I've spent 45 mins creating my player and running drills, only for the pile of shit to crash. Can't be arsed going through Superstar mode again now.

More shoddiness from EA. Just did an individual workout in Superstar mode, finished the workout and the music plays, it's showing me the home "studio" with the screens and stuff ... but no menus :ROLL:

How the hell does stuff like this get passed quality control? I've spent 45 mins creating my player and running drills, only for the pile of shit to crash. Can't be arsed going through Superstar mode again now.

Wow! sorry to hear about this. This would really piss me off as well. Hopefully the next patch(god knows when) will fix all this issues.

By the way, post some vids for me look at mate..;-)

Don't know mate, but the fucking lag problem is awful,if you think it was bad on fifa 08,try it when you are about to kick a field goal and the power-bar won't load..

That cost me twice in my first online game, apart from that though the lag is pretty much non existent.

I just smashed the Eagles in my last game (49 - 14) but towards the end of the 4th quarter they scored a TD and then tried to do a onside kick but I recovered it and one of the commentators said "Well I think this game is over" and then Collinsworth said "Well this games been over for a while, maybe they were just practising onside kicks."

:LOL:, that game was also my first 100 yards + rushing game :COOL:

My latest videos.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/232823

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/232679 - it stopped just when TO was about to do the moonwalk :brick:

Last edited:

You guys using MySkill or pre-set difficulty settings?

I use the MySkill setting. I've played the pre season with a record of 3-1, yet to start Week 1 though. All games have been close apart from one when I beat the Bucs 35-7, the last game I played I beat the Redskins 3-0 with a last second field goal!

I'm using My Skill.

Any improvements in the Superstar mode over last year anyone?

Dunno, I didn't get a week into it before it crashed :ROLL:

Really though, I don't think anything in Superstar has changed this year though.

I played a game last night but set it at Pro level to see how I'd fare. Ended up winning something like 36-12 and it just felt too easy. The CPU threw three ints and fumbled once (all returned for TD's), but then as the game drew closer, Robo QB came into effect and their QB started hitting receivers every time.

I can't really help you with either of those unfortunately. I'm a casual football fan so the AI seems fine to me, and I don't really play Madden online due to games lasting so long and I can't just pause it.

I can't really help you with either of those unfortunately. I'm a casual football fan so the AI seems fine to me, and I don't really play Madden online due to games lasting so long and I can't just pause it.

damn, ok mate, thanks. I dont know if i want to blow $60 on this today... hmmmmm

mentioned this in the FIFA forum also. Madden 09 is region free on 360 so you can import the Asian version for £25.

Tis true, though the ordinary NTSC is too, but more expensive from Videogamesplus.ca and if your on a PS3 it is anyhow.

American football crazy rappers BOW WOW and THE GAME are set to go head-to-head on videogame Madden NFL - for a $100,000 (GBP50,000) prize.
Bow Wow has thrown down the challenge after The Game - real name Jayceon Taylor - claimed he was the world's best player.
He says, "I've seen you do your thing in Madden. But I wanna let you know I will bust your ass in that Madden. We can get it poppin, on $100,000 dollars. The winner can take the money and donate it to charity. Live on YouTube. We're all family. $100,000 ain't shit to you, let's do it!"
The Game has accepted the match-off, and the pair will go head-to-head in New York next week (begs25Aug08), and will be streamed on KonsoleKingz.com.

Idiots.

American football crazy rappers BOW WOW and THE GAME are set to go head-to-head on videogame Madden NFL - for a $100,000 (GBP50,000) prize.
Bow Wow has thrown down the challenge after The Game - real name Jayceon Taylor - claimed he was the world's best player.
He says, "I've seen you do your thing in Madden. But I wanna let you know I will bust your ass in that Madden. We can get it poppin, on $100,000 dollars. The winner can take the money and donate it to charity. Live on YouTube. We're all family. $100,000 ain't shit to you, let's do it!"
The Game has accepted the match-off, and the pair will go head-to-head in New York next week (begs25Aug08), and will be streamed on KonsoleKingz.com.

I dont know about bow weezy but I hear The Game is very very good at Madden, besides does Bow Wow even have that sort of money to lose

I dont know about bow weezy but I hear The Game is very very good at Madden, besides does Bow Wow even have that sort of money to lose
your serious? he has like 5 or 5 gold and platnimum records.. i dont listen to that shit, but he is pretty popular with the youngins..

for donating 100,000 to charity? ummm who is the idiot? :)

The charity donation was an after thought, it wasn't in the original challenge.

The charity donation was an after thought, it wasn't in the original challenge.
yeah probably after they realized they would be thrown in jail for betting. But at least they still are ponying up the cash and not just playing for pride...

I finally got round to getting this yesterday, bought the PS3 version and I am very impressed.

I know a little bit about American Football and have managed to pick up things very quickly, the madden IQ system has worked great for me, as the game is now at a difficulty level that is exactly right for someone of my ability. Gameplay is great and love the whole presentation, it feels very much like watching something on TV.

Am really looking forward to playing more of this.

Patch #2 was supposed to be getting released at 2am in the USA, no sign of it yet though. Apparantly it's more likely to come out on Monday. The patch is ready but waiting for MS and Sony to clear it.

I've been holding out for this patch before I got into the game properly, the patch is supposed to fix loads of stuff.

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. "ActionCam" forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the "disconnect". This has been fixed...all cameras can still be used as well.

Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online game.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.

Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of the game engine. From what we've seen so far, people that have tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have had zero crashes.

3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.

Workaround until the patch: Always choose "No" at the Madden IQ end of game popup.

4. "WR direct snap" exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren't removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.

5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.

6. Edited players don't progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute). This has been fixed.

7. Stability issue when exiting Madden '93 in CE version: This has been fixed.

8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.

9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.

10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.

11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.

12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring meter that was completely full.

13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen

14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.

15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.

16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.

17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.

18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom