Lost - The Final Season

Just watched the last 10 mins again and the sorrow you feel when Jack is walking through the bamboo and then collapses to be joined by Vincent ... :CRY: So sad. The music and the way it's filmed is nothing short of amazing to me and it's possibly the best television I've witnessed. Very moving.

The shoe in the tree, what's that all about? Because it was there at the very start when Jack first woke up on the island, right? My workmate was saying he thinks that the fact Jack went back to the exact same spot that he woke in suggests that maybe he was in this constant loop and couldn't die and move on until he'd done what he needed to do. Once he'd killed Samuel, he could go back to where he started and rest in peace. Also the fact that the show was called Circle before they named it Lost, seems that he might be right? He said a very similar thing happens in The Matrix?

a bit off topic but here it goes. i just saw the season finale of 24. dear lord now THATS what you call a poor ending.

Lost ended a million times better than 24

I've given up trying to think about it further. The fact that the link says "It is what it is" for one of the 'explanations' shows just how badly put together the show was.
It's the children playing army with their guns that shoot through body armour... but then that kid says he actually had anti bullet body armour and then guy says he burns him and then he says 'no you didn't because I'm under water'

Just watched the last 10 mins again and the sorrow you feel when Jack is walking through the bamboo and then collapses to be joined by Vincent ... :CRY: So sad. The music and the way it's filmed is nothing short of amazing to me and it's possibly the best television I've witnessed. Very moving.

I must say I wasn't sure when I first watched the ending (although I still think the whole Hurley no 1 and Ben no 2 is a bit poor). But like yourself I have re-watched and the more I think about the ending, the more I seem to like it! you are right about the sorrow feeling for Jack/Vincent but when you see them all in the church and then the plane fly over a dieing Jack I get a sort of refreshing feeling (not in a bad way!) a sort of feeling that Jack as accomplished what he wanted to do and now he can finally rest.

Radiation said:
I've given up trying to think about it further. The fact that the link says "It is what it is" for one of the 'explanations' shows just how badly put together the show was.
It's the children playing army with their guns that shoot through body armour... but then that kid says he actually had anti bullet body armour and then guy says he burns him and then he says 'no you didn't because I'm under water'
Chill dude relax hehe. I gotcha man you diddnt enjoy the season as a whole as it left too many questions unanswered

I could start picking apart the plot holes and complain about the many unanswered questions that have presented themselves over the 6 seasons, but Lost has been such good TV over the years that i'll simply appreciate it's quality instead...

We probably won't get another TV show anywhere near as good as it for many, many years, if ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a crock ending, really and honestly it felt it was going well, and then it ended, nothing to see here, move along please, ta for watching. Like alot of people, I was looking to find out about the time travel aspect, the fact that 3 years had somehow passed for the people who had got off the island, and that the others had been transported back in time to whenever the Dharma initiative was on the island. Nevermind the whole electro magnetic thing, what about Walt? Did he live? Really was a random show. So many things never wrapped up, which was a shame, really felt like the last season was a chance to just kill people off and not have to explain a single thing. Ah well, will not have to worry about it anymore. Certainly wont be buying the dvd boxset of this for sure.

3 pages since the finale aired yesterday... quite a debate its caused!

Yea I was really surprised when I saw this.

Now my opinion,

Well you have no idea how that flash-sideway thing was bothering me, I'm glad I got that answer. (at least I think I do)
The somewhere you go once you die and all the stuff you guys already told here. (I haven't read it all, gonna be honest)
But the way they presented these flash-sideways was dangerous, it sucked the emotion out of me this season, cause I was quite believing the possibility that all the island-time was gonna be rewritten, so they dying there could give you no emotion, like it happened to me, the whole submarine thing, not a single goose bump.
I'm glad it was the other possibility, that the sideway was the trip, and now next time I watch I know I gonna feel the emotion when they die for good.
That makes sense now and I'm very satisfied.
I'm gonna miss this soooooooooooo bad.

Last edited:
I could start picking apart the plot holes and complain about the many unanswered questions that have presented themselves over the 6 seasons, but Lost has been such good TV over the years that i'll simply appreciate it's quality instead...

We probably won't get another TV show anywhere near as good as it for many, many years, if ever.

exactly. well said

@ Dags
The survivors of 815 did actually survive the crash and Christian actually tells Jack that in the church at the end. It was all real, it happened and it was the best and most important time of all of their lives.

I've just realised something. A few episodes back, in the alt, Jack found a scar on his stomach and asked his mother if he'd had his appendix out as he couldn't remember it happening. I'm guessing that's actually the scar from Samuel (MiB) stabbing him.

Said the dead father to the dead son about his mental images of another life.......

It wasn't real, we can all say that his father really died. That was in the flashbacks before the crash and set up how their lives were going. Then the plane crashed and all of a sudden the dead dad is seen and talks to different characters during the seasons. The onyl way that could happen was if they were also dead! I remember him leading Ben to turn a cog in the ground to once again get the white light.

"It was real, it happend"... Offcourse, in the same way that the sideflash he was in was "real". It wasn't he was already dead.

I really think they all died during the plane crash and everything that happend was their journey in the afterlife before going to heaven. After all why would he need to be in the "afterlife" (sideflash) to find closure when everything he needed for closure was done on the island as the ending and his smile in the grass showed. If that was real then the sideflash wouldn't be needed.

So you live your life and find closure for your issues on the island (if they survived the crash), and then you end up in the afterlife looking for closure which is only found in the memories on the island when you experienced closure whilst alive!

It doesn't make sense and isn't a logical sequence of events. Offcourse mayby that's why I'm wrong but if you consider everything that happend since the crash to be the afterlife then it does make sense as everything that happend was done to give peace from what they experienced when they were alive.

Last edited:
So it still doesnt explain why the lived in the past for abit of the show in Dharma, nor does it explain fuck all about Hydra island really, the fact there was more than one island. What a cop out really, you gotta wonder if the producers achieved what they wanted too, of had they made that many strange things that no one could ever tie it all together. So does that mean the people in the church had all died in the plane crash? Anyone not in there survived? Hurley was in the church too, yet he was supposed to be protecting the island, so really it was Ben who ended up in charge of it. What about all the other's that got killed, surely they all should of been in the church. And how did Penny die? Too many questions and all dead ends. Done.

@ Dags
Said the dead father to the dead son about his mental images of another life.......

It wasn't real, we can all say that his father really died. That was in the flashbacks before the crash and set up how their lives were going. Then the plane crashed and all of a sudden the dead dad is seen and talks to different characters during the seasons. The onyl way that could happen was if they were also dead! I remember him leading Ben to turn a cog in the ground to once again get the white light.

"It was real, it happend"... Offcourse, in the same way that the sideflash he was in was "real". It wasn't he was already dead.

I really think they all died during the plane crash and everything that happend was their journey in the afterlife before going to heaven. After all why would he need to be in the "afterlife" (sideflash) to find closure when everything he needed for closure was done on the island as the ending and his smile in the grass showed. If that was real then the sideflash wouldn't be needed.

So you live your life and find closure for your issues on the island (if they survived the crash), and then you end up in the afterlife looking for closure which is only found in the memories on the island when you experienced closure whilst alive!

It doesn't make sense and isn't a logical sequence of events. Offcourse mayby that's why I'm wrong but if you consider everything that happend since the crash to be the afterlife then it does make sense as everything that happend was done to give peace from what they experienced when they were alive.

The dad on the beach was the smoke monster. He told Jack about it 2 episodes ago. He was also the 'dad' who convinced Claire to stay on the island when we saw him and her in that old shed because I'm sure she said it was him.

Where it gets confusing is.... there was a 'dad' in the ruined 'others' homes when he told Sun and the pilot and the others that they had a long journey ahead of them and that if they did what he said they could see each other again.

And the real strange one is on the ship that had the bomb on and Michael was freezing it. Jack's dad appeared and told him 'he could go now' an then it blew up. I'm guessing that was Jacks dad coming to him from beyond the grave but I don't get why he would be the one to tell him and tell the others about things they have to do. He wasn't a special part of the island... he was just Jack's dead dad who wasn't in the coffin which always led us to believe he had got up and walked away or something.

RE to the questions about dying or being alive

The plane crashed, they survived. Now one by one they died... either on the island, at a later date... off the island... or eve years into the future after the show ended. Jack died at the end of the show... hurley and Ben and the others lived on for years. I don't think Hurley was 'blessed like Jacob' because Jack never did the 'mumbo jumbo' chant. I think he just gave Hurley the impression he was. but anyway... hurley and ben lived on the island and tried to make it amazing and special and protect it. we don't know what happened there but eventually they die... old age probably. Desmond and Penny... they might have never seen each other again or they might have met on the island. either way they die of old age too lets say.

They're in the church at the age they all remember each other just to move on... to heaven I assume. Those on the outside haven't found what they need to move on. So it's like limbo (purgatory).

Last edited:
Tnx Rad, forgot about that. The episode with ben was that also teh smokemonster?

but surely all the real dad moments make it that they died in the crash? I mean all the weird shit would make it likely they died in the crash......."God knows"

( Think I will leave the discussion at that :D)

I agree,
but I still think this show had a main flaw and isn't the unanswered questions.
The biggest problem I see are the 'season-themes', you can clearly distinguish them and the connection between them can get confused and lost.
1: The build up, the amazing one imo, the one that grab me in the nuts and hold me for 6 years.
2: The hatch, really remarkable season, one huge mistery.
3: The others? I can't even remember that one properly.
4: Flashforwards, a really smart turnover, changed the perspective.
5: The comeback/Time traveling thing.
6: The sideways trip.
And thats the thing, some o them had their own closing and the plot twists were so big sometimes that you lose your reference,
and thats a bad thing I believe, because once you're losing your references you're losing your connection to the show.
Looking at that big picture you see that conclusion of this season was about this season, cause they haven't presented that after life thing before had they?
And thats the thing that bothers me about this show, I lost my connection with carachters around the comeback to the island after some lived outside the world and others in the 70s it all felt distant to me.
But it was an amazing show and that particular series finale fixed that problem for me, knowing that all the island-time matters makes a huge difference now, they should have never putted that in doubt.

I have serious hope that these guys or JJ gonna come up with something as good or better, Felicity < Alias < Lost, Anyone?

I'm slowing getting threre, reading all the theories, rants, love declarations.

But I feel I got to anwser some things

Like I said earlier, the directing was superb. The music as well. Really well put together.

Common I thought that was cheesy as hell, it felt like I was watching a Michael Bay movie, everytime they met someone from the previous life a romantic song came.
But I get it, some of us like cheesy soundtracks. :P

OK I'm not that serious, but I think it was a bit cheesy, I'm more into angles, photography and that was superb, specially the bamboo walking scene. Goose bumps back since S04.

I don't think so I'm a jewish descent :D.

Something I did notice was the church's glass, it had symbols of different religions, maybe that was a sign that the waiting room for everybody. Should not have a Jesus in front though.

i realy dont care now about darma and Walt and the rest,i suport theory that everything on the island was real and Ocenaic 6 living the island,only that flashforwards form season 6 was like the theory sad something like purgatory,all that hapened on the island,all people ariveing,living...was just something that hapened,doesnt realy need explaining

this is how i see the end,Jack saves the island,the light,which is life,death...everything(than dies),and it must stay on or it goes of everywhere,Kate,Lapidus,Saywer... leaves the island and live their lives ,doesnt realy matter how long or where,Hurly and Ben watches the island for who knoes how long...and so on,at the end when they are all dead they found eachother in "flashforwards" and goes in to the light that they all fight to save,this is how i like to think of the show,about not answered questions,dont care

who built the stone that save the light in cave,who was first to protect it,who is special and who not...there are some big unanswered questions but it is not about that,it was only about characters and it is showed by the end,for me the movie that has some similar things about purgatory...just see this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449487/ ,if you liked lost,take a look at this movie

The only thing that annoys me is that the writers said since the beginning that:

Lost had nothing to do with religion/purgatory/heaven/hell etc.... but it quite clearly did after the finale.

I guess the reason for that :
was they didnt want everyone knowing right from the start and said that.

Producer says oh it's got nothing to do with that at all ( thinks oh fuck sake, they have got it already, lets just say that and then they can go on thinking a load of weird bollocks till we say, na, you were right)

I know alot of people arent too worried about the lose ends, and I did think the Finale was a great episode, but not a Finale to a 6 season show. There was part of me was thinking the spinning word would be FOUND at the very end. It was entertainment and nothing to get too upset about I suppose. Just kinda weird mumbo jumbo come it all in. Basically it's the story of Jack, and that's it, no one or nothing else matters. His mind is of that happening. I mean seriously that's all he could think of the as an end, no one who was ever in his life before he landed on the island? He must of been the shortest lived guardian of it all ever too. Anyway, tis done, forget living in the 70's, the giant cog that Ben and Locke turned, forget the whole shifting island when people jumped realities, it's a crock off.

Really enjoyed the finale and not unhappy
at all that all the questions were not answered, more than happy they left things in my mind for me to ponder through life, I predicted it would end by "resetting" and starting with Jack again on his back in the bamboo forest like at the start, or that it would be a different Jack and a different Kate and a different Vincent etc. so close I was ;)

Best part was the moment each person recovered their island memories, found that very, very moving and enjoyed it a lot, especially when Sun and Jin remembered they could speak English, that was very funny :)

Not sure if what I wrote was a spoiler but tagged it anyways :)

That had me in tears by the time it got to that bit and that line came on :LOL:

It seems the blu-ray is gonna have
a 12-14 minutes epilogue with number 1 Hurley and number 2 Ben.

Back
Top Bottom