Dharma laser pointer
Senet game
Ankh
Commemorative picture

9557_front.jpg

Season Six cover

dtrh.png

Last edited:
But it's just about the characters! So why the hieroglyphics? The map to the island that isn't important? Dharma aren't important? Hmmm.

It seems the blu-ray is gonna have
a 12-14 minutes epilogue with number 1 Hurley and number 2 Ben.
just watch it on youtube then. Not worth fooking buying it to see it

Explains quite a bit in 12 minutes, which makes you wonder why they didn't explain it over 6 years?

Still leaves you with questions though, as well as creating new ones. Pretty good for an epilogue and every Lost fan should watch it really.

"We demand answers!" :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it.
What answers did it give?

I thought this was supposed to answer all the questions lime WHY walt was so special and WHY the numbers were powerful and everything else.

I watched it on dailymotion earlier on and jokingly said 'I bet that is it' as the screen went black as the van drove away.... but then it actually was it.

Very lame.

Last edited:
The problems with pregnancies, the food drops, the reasons for the Hurley bird and polar bears,
Walt is shown to still be important (like we always thought he was).

I also liked the line where Ben said something like he can't apologise for the mistakes in the past, only take responsibility for them. I wonder if that's the writers talking about leaving some fans unhappy with Lost?

I liked it, worth watching IMO.

I didn't want it to end though and felt kind of sad when it did as it's the very final bit of Lost - since the "finale" we've had this to look forward to, it's now well and truly over :(.

The problems with pregnancies, the food drops, the reasons for the Hurley bird and polar bears,

I also liked the line where Ben said something like he can't apologise for the mistakes in the past, only take responsibility for them. I wonder if that's the writers talking about leaving some fans unhappy with Lost?

I don't think any of those were major needed to be answered things though. The spoilered part is okay... but they only sort of hint at it... it's basically just a 'yes... it is what you thought' but still no explanation of why or how.

I suppose it's be to expected though with lost. They can't go and give us answers now after being such a let down for the main show.

I'll elaborate on why I think it didn't answer anything.

The problems with pregnancies, the food drops and the reasons for the polar bears are all small tid bits of information we've all guessed and given clues about before in the show. It doesn't really add anything new to our perception of the island or answer any key questions. We knew of Dharma's existence on the island and the others (food drops) and that they were testing on it's inhabitants (the polar bears - remember the polar bear cages and the fish biscuit rewards / the science labs / the testing chairs) as early as season 4 and we knew about the electromagnetism on the island throughout the show. So as other things were effected on the island it seems likely that this was also the reason for the pregnancies failing. The Hurley bird is perhaps the only new bit of information (the hy-bird), but again, with the testing, it now seems quite obvious and frankly quite irrelevant in the general scheme of things. After-all, the bird only made but 2 appearances throughout the whole series.

The epilogue doesn't answer anything about Walt, why is he so special? If anything it seems to open up for another epilogue that requires further explanation. The only thing I can think of it in an earlier episode where he was reading a comic about an electromagnetic superhero - I've thought all along that maybe this was a hint as to him possessing similar electromagnetic powers. So he, like Desmond, were important in regards to moving the island or keeping the island fixed. It would have been nice if they'd even hinted at or confirmed this.

I'm not satisfied with the epilogue at all. In fact, I found the part where Ben only allowed one question each to be very frustrating and insulting, especially when the questions were stupid and the information given didn't answer any of the major questions about the series at all. OK, you could say that because they were Dharma employees they wouldn't have experienced the same things as the islanders and wouldn't have the knowledge to ask the bigger questions, but surely when Ben makes the profound statement that the island moves you would ask how or why? I would have been happy if they'd explained why the island has to move. Or, even why they were testing on the hostiles in the first place? Yet again, more questions without answers.

Last edited:
After the disappointment of how the show ended i dont wanna see anymore of Lost, ever :)

I really don't understand the disappointment a lot of people feel at how Lost ended...

Throughout, the main focus of the show was the characters (with elements of free will v fate and good v evil) - the Island and the details surrounding it were always mysterious and left for people to theorize and debate over. In my opinion, all of the character arcs were completed well enough.

Since it began, Lost has been a very enjoyable experience IMO, with some fantastic acting - in particular from Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn. They did well to make it last so long and I'm really not sure what people expected... I'd love to see an ending written up by some of these people that complain, that would have satisfied them...

I'd love to see an ending written up by some of these people that complain, that would have satisfied them...

Don't be daft.
"Yeah.. .well I'd like to see you do better!"

Well I'm not going to take what they did and clean up their mess because that's not my job. Like most people, I'd have got it right from day 1, not just throw all kinds of shit into the plot and then at the end just ignored it all and hoped that the fans would be happy because they all came together at the end.

So the first thing I would have done is not added any mysteries, twists, turns, shocks, surprises without having an actual reason as WHY they are there. There is no point in added those things just for the sake of having them if you're not going to explain why. Otherwise you're just pissing around throwing in red herring after red herring delaying a storyline that was planned to only last for 3 years with nothing but bullshit filler.

I don;t know how to explain all of things away and it;s not my job to explain someone else's stupid storylines so... now as I've not added any of the bullshit... we'd be left with just the character side of the story which was ended brilliantly and now everyone is happy because there are no unanswered things.

Job done. See it was easy, and I'm not even a professional script writer working on the show! Now if I have the sense to plan the show this way, to only add things that I intend to follow through on and explain... .. surely they should have also!

Last edited:
Some people convinced themselves they were going to get all questions answered which IMO was never, ever going to happen.

I wasn't fussed about answers, Lost started to turn shit for me when they went back in time and the final episode's with all the protecting this light was just pure shit

Lotto Players Get Lucky With ‘Lost’ Numbers

OB-LQ479_megami_E_20110105162958.jpg

Last night, two lucky Mega Millions ticket buyers in Washington state and Idaho hit the jackpot and co-won the massive, multi-state lottery. Each winner will receive $190 million, payable in multiple installments or an $81 million lump sum. The more intriguing story, however, is the fact that 26,000 people won $150 each by playing the six numbers that haunted the character Hugo “Hurley” Reyes on the ABC show “Lost.”

On the mind-bending show, which ended last year, Reyes (played by the actor Jorge Garcia — who posted a special message for the winners on his blog) was obsessed with the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42, whereas the Mega Millions numbers were 4, 8, 15, 25, 47, and 42.

“Lost” co-executive producer Damon Lindelof happily tweeted (somewhat inaccurately) about his show’s influence on real life, noting: ”9,078 people played Hurley’s numbers in the MegaMillions tonight, each winning $150. #THATSSORAVEN.”
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/01/05/lotto-players-get-lucky-with-lost-numbers/

Back
Top Bottom