Lost - The Final Season

So from the general opinion I am reading on the internet it could have all been wrapped up in 1 series, thats good to know

Same with you then I guess? Me, Rad, PBB, Ryan were all disappointed with how it ended. We're not all wrong and because you think it was a "perfect" ending, it doesn't make it so.

How? i said its fine that you guys diddnt like it. i never called anyone ignorant or Lost haterz etc etc.

All i said is how the show was based on the characters and not so much on the mysteries. thats all mate

None of us have called anyone ignorant or haterz either have we?

Just that some people expected more from the show really. It's nice that you and others are happy with the ending. But there's a lot that also aren't happy after investing so much time.

yea i understand mate. i know you guys wanted more answers.

At rad, the ending itself was perfect but the overal show could have produced more answers.

imo it could not have ended any better. overal the show is a 9.5/10 for me and the ending 10/10.

Hope that makes sense raddy

yea i understand mate. i know you guys wanted more answers.

At rad, the ending itself was perfect but the overal show could have produced more answers.

imo it could not have ended any better. overal the show is a 9.5/10 for me and the ending 10/10.

Hope that makes sense raddy

So you literally dont care about the rest of the story? About Ben v Whidmore? Eliouse? Dharma's experiments? Walt/Aaron? The infertility?

Surely the big unanswered question is the very first scene of S6 - the island under water?! Was this just thrown in as an afterthought to throw everyone off the scent? If so, again, its just putting mysterious things in to keep you watching with absolutely no pay-off...

None of us have called anyone ignorant or haterz either have we?

Just that some people expected more from the show really. It's nice that you and others are happy with the ending. But there's a lot that also aren't happy after investing so much time.

Read Rads posts. Apparently those of us who liked the ending are 'no talent' 'nothing' fans, ignorant and elitist to name a few.

Totally over the top and uncalled for - I'm struggling to understand why you're getting so agressive Rad?

Anyway, those two quotes you posted just before Dags are great and really explain how I feel about the show as a whole as well as the ending.

Read Rads posts. Apparently those of us who liked the ending are 'no talent' 'nothing' fans, ignorant and elitist to name a few.

Totally over the top and uncalled for - I'm struggling to understand why you're getting so agressive Rad?

Anyway, those two quotes you posted just before Dags are great and really explain how I feel about the show as a whole as well as the ending.

Well said. awaiting Dags and Rads response to that

In that case, I apologise as I didn't realise Rad said that so my bad.

Just watched the Kimmel show, pretty good :)

Is it worth grabbing the Kimmel show then?

If any of you dont already listen (and I've literally only started in the last few weeks - doh!) then the 'Tranmission' podcast is an excellent insight into the Lost world by a husband and wife team based in Hawaii.

For the record (as absolute hardcore Lost fans), they really both liked the ending, but the wife liked it more where the guy questioned it a bit more - but they are doing a more indepth show Sunday to go over everything in more detail.

How on earth or you twisting me saying 'ignorance is bliss' is perfectly suited to the ending of this show. (Because if you ignore a huge bulk of the shows content (the mysteries) the ending was fine.) Into me now saying that anyone who liked the end is ignorant? Especially when I'm saying I loved the ending we got if you ignore the mysteries. So you're claiming that I loved the end but now I'm calling myself ignorant for that?

Seriously in whose world does that make sense?

Ignorance is bliss is very simple to comprehend. Once again because I've already said this earlier...

If you choose to ignore all of the mysteries... if you aren't interested in that and you just pay attention to the losties. And remember this has to be something you choose to do because you cannot by accident ignore most of the shows content and only be able to see the character based stories when everything has been intertwined. So if you choose to do that then you'll find the ending to be 'perfect' as seems to be the key word used around here. You are having to block all of the sub stories and side mysteries in order to enjoy JUST the character ending. In turn you are 'ignoring' most of the shows plots.

Ignorance... one again meaning if you choose to ignore most of the shows content... is bliss once again... meaning you'll be happy with how it ended.

Ignorance is bliss.

IGNORANCE... IS... BLISS

If you ignore the mysteries and focus only on characters, you'll enjoy the ending.

The exact same quote would have been true to the show had explained all the questions but not given any closure for the characters. This isn't me trying to say people who enjoyed the characters are wrong and the show was ONLY about the mysteries which in turn is what I'm being told. I'm saying the show was, and we have irrefutable factual evidence to back this up... the show was always about BOTH the characters and the mysterious island. You can claim it never was until you're blue in the face or your fingers break from typing... but you're wrong.

Like I also said earlier. Find me a quote in this thread where you stated that years and years ago that all you cared about was the characters. Prove to me you've never cared about them explaining the mysteries... that you never came here after a huge twist and said 'what the fuck is going on!?'

Otherwise you're just using the power of hindsight much like many other people are to act like everything is fine, everything is perfect and anyone who thinks otherwise... well.. how can they when it was perfection? you're part of the elite and we're the angry morons who must be too dumb to see how great of an ending it truly was.

Now....
As you both seemed to like the ending because it was based on the characters and didn't include anything else. I remember Jonny saying it couldn't have been any better implying that if indeed they had added the mysteries being explained in there too.... it wouldn't have been any better. The fans around the world who were wanting answers would have been happy but no... screw them... a character only ending was the perfect and one and only way to go.
In my world.. In Rad's world I'd have given you all a character ending AND given you answers like you promised. Finish the show with a real conclusion, a real ending... give those fans who invested so much into the show a real thank you, a real rewarding finale.

In Jonny's world as long as he's happy.. fuck everyone else. And that's what he's saying when he says 'that ending didn't need anything else, it was perfect' just like others around the world. That's his opinion.. right... so his opinion is "you all wanted answers? well I'm happy it didn't so therefore its a fact that it didn't need anything more - and to further illustrate how right I am.. here are quotes of other people who think like me. Oh but I'm not trying to prove I'm right at all... oh no... you can have your own opinion. I'm just showing you how you're on your own here and how others agree with me. Whoo I'm in the majority!.

Maybe that's being harsh because he never actually said 'fuck you, I'm happy' but that is the gist of his posts. but it seems neither of you have any interest in the mysteries. That's your opinion and that's cool, I understand how that can work. Some people hate sci-fi but still can appreciate the story of Star Wars. I wanted both and am not going to sit here and claim that a mystery only ending was perfect and it didn't need a character ending because it never was about the characters... it was much bigger than that. Or anything else, because my opinion does not make everything fact or your argument flawed just because I throw in IMO.

---
I never said that you two were nobody, nothing & talentless etc... I said these fans who are going out of their way to post huge blogs defending the show at every angle are. Some are trying to say it was a spiritual thing other claim it was religious other claim some other shit. But they don't know a damn thing. They're nobody, they're nothing, They didn't write the show, they didn't direct it, they didn;t act in it. But yet... because they have the power of hindsight they can appear to be all knowing. They're basically saying 'if it needed it, it would have been there. And it wasn't so get over it. Anyone who says 'that ending didn't explain anything' they're countering not with facts but by saying 'it didn't need to.. don't you get it? Because I do!'

Not 'yeah I agree with you on that point.. but at least we can both agree the ending the characters got was a great send off'

No.. they're telling anyone who says otherwise that they are wring because they simply 'don't get it'.

If you can't see the elitism attitude there then you're blind to it

=

Oh and 'why am I angry about this'

I don't know... maybe a combination of two thing.

1 feeling cheated out of an ending. The feeling that I've watched all of this and been part of the show with constant promises of what is going on, only to find that there is are no answers to most of the mysteries... they just thought up a cool mystery and then bottled when it came to explaining it.

And 2 - I'm now being basically laughed at by people with hindsight as they look down their nose at me and fans like me with them saying 'What... you expected answers? haha... why? It's never been about the answers.. how on earth did you jump to that conclusion? It's about the characters and my evidence to back that up is nothing, and the ending... oh but I'm going to ignore everything else in the show that contradicts that point and claim I never cared about that anyway.

So yeah... I'm annoyed because of that.

Last edited:
Is it worth grabbing the Kimmel show then?

If any of you dont already listen (and I've literally only started in the last few weeks - doh!) then the 'Tranmission' podcast is an excellent insight into the Lost world by a husband and wife team based in Hawaii.

For the record (as absolute hardcore Lost fans), they really both liked the ending, but the wife liked it more where the guy questioned it a bit more - but they are doing a more indepth show Sunday to go over everything in more detail.

I think it is, even if just to see Claire in a tiny dress ;)

That's what I was saying, Stef. I've got a feeling that this is what they intended. After all, Lost has been all about discussion and debate, why break their tradition now?

As much as I didn't like how it ended much, I am enjoying the debate and discussion :)

I think it is, even if just to see Claire in a tiny dress ;)

Downloading now!!!

That's what I was saying, Stef. I've got a feeling that this is what they intended. After all, Lost has been all about discussion and debate, why break their tradition now?

As much as I didn't like how it ended much, I am enjoying the debate and discussion :)

As much as its caused a 'debate' - I think its the wrong debate! People are debating whether the end was 'right' or not - the debate should be about the show, not how they fucked the ending up.

Does that make sense?

Basically saying we are debating the writing of the show and not the story of the show itself. How much better to debate "wow, it was Aarons island all along" or "cool, didnt see that coming - who would have thought Whidmore and Ben were really Jacob and MIB?!" etc.

All people are debating now is whether the ending was right for LOST and I'm not sure if that was the debate the writers would have wanted. Its basically pulling their work apart, rather than if it worked as a piece of art.

I.e. if I make a website that is a bit different to a standard site. Its akin to people looking at my code and pulling it apart - rather than debating whether the site actually serves its purpose or works for the intended audience.

People are missing the point of the discussion. Maybe, just maybe it WAS the writers plan all along. As is, 'shit, we havent got a good ending - lets just make it so bad that people will not have to debate about Ben v Whidmore, or the smoke monster etc' as they didnt have any decent explanations?!

I watched the first two series of Lost then gave up because I knew these Mysteries would never be explained. After reading the last few pages I'm glad I did.

Haha Jay. You've saved yourself a hell of a lot of headaches doing that. I tried myself. I watched the first few and just didn't care about the characters as they all annoyed me in some way but then it was always on the tv because the girlfriend was watching it and so i ended up seeing bits and hearing about it and when the freaky things started to happen I got drawn in.
-
I think the ending with the characters was good. I got it... I think. I just don't get why they never answered everything as they promised, it's not like they can say they couldn't cram it in because they were given an extra 3 seasons to fit everything into.
I think it's like we feared. They thought up crazy idea after crazy twist to keep us constantly guessing... they probably expected it to be a piece of piss to explain at a later date and probably had a little idea. And then when push came to shove ... maybe too many cooks was the problem and none of them could agree on a reason behind everything. Or maybe as they have had so many script writers... and each of them having their own thoughts and opinions. Just like a game of Chinese whispers, a small thing about numbers turned something into a huge story that had snow balled into something too big to explain away with their little idea.

Last edited:
Jonney posted that earlier too but interestingly an entire block of text has been added now that wasn't with JM's quoted text.

"For me the ending of this show means a lot. Not only because I worked on it, but because as a writer it inspired me in a way the medium had never done before. I've been inspired to write by great films. Maybe too many to count. And there have been amazing TV shows that I've loved (X-Files, 24, Sopranos, countless 1/2 hour shows). But none did what LOST did for me. None showed me that you could take huge risks (writing a show about faith for network TV) and stick to your creative guns and STILL please the audience. I learned a lot from the show as a writer. I learned even more from being around the incredible writers, producers, PAs, interns and everyone else who slaved on the show for 6 years."

-

So this guy worked on the show... and even he's guessing a lot of the stories. Makes sense.

Last edited:
I can't believe Jonney watched it for 6 years and never once wondered what the fuck happened to certain people and things.

I can't believe people watched it for 6 years and never once wondered what the fuck happened to certain people and things.

Fixed. Im not the only one who was satisfied with the ending and the tv show as a whole.

Here you are again singling me out. cheers :YAWN:

Only because you said you didn't care its all about the characters. It did my head in every week not explaining shit.

I tell you what,it comes to something when after the show has finished,people are trying to explain things in text.

FFS! the makers of the show have had six seasons to sort it out and still delivered short. I will never ever invest anymore time in these long winded series,i would rather stick pins in my eyes,also i notice the yanks are at it again with the "V" series, making that into a multi seasonal yawn fest, but why bother when the original wasnt that way and was way long enough? Oh i get it character building. EPIC :FAIL:

Lost_S6+Complete_e.jpg

2mxhpfo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom