Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I Just Can't Get Enough!!)

Ah, because a player scores a hat-trick then he's incredible. Great logic there :APPLAUD:

And no, I'm not biased enough to not rate someone just because of their team. Don't believe me? See how much I've praised Hernandez.

Top striker in the league :LMAO: Even your own supporters aren't convinced by him but that's fine, you'll only pipe up when a Liverpool fan doesn't rate him.

well i was responding to gerd, in a jovail fashion, but...

carry on lad...

Not every Liverpool supporter gives a damn about United belive me... please consider that as an opinion before you judge the answers or posts of Liverpool supporters..

I think you have great team, now let´s challenge for the title next season.. other things are to me childish..

and there you was trolling our thread...

And it was clearly aimed at me. Or did I imagine that?

Maybe if you actually stopped by during a season then you'd see that your own thread was discussing Berbatov and there was a discussion about how good he was not long ago. But then you only appear when the medals are handed out for some reason, odd. So I can see why you might've missed that.

Nevermind, maybe if United win something next year then we'll see you again but until then, have fun!

And it was clearly aimed at me. Or did I imagine that?

Maybe if you actually stopped by during a season then you'd see that your own thread was discussing Berbatov and there was a discussion about how good he was not long ago. But then you only appear when the medals are handed out for some reason, odd. So I can see why you might've missed that.

Nevermind, maybe if United win something next year then we'll see you again but until then, have fun!

yeah member since 02'....

lol sorry you got called out for your behaviour as a MOD...

what behaviour? did i broke any rules writing in your thread? get your things clear please... now i´m not suposed to write what i think or what? clear that up to me..

And like Santa, only stops by once a year.

Like I said, cya now!

Really. I don't rate Berbatov at all to be honest.
But what's Carroll done so far in relatively short career to prove he's better than Berba?

If he was still at Newcastle would you be rating him higher than Berba?

I think you'd certainly rate Berba a bit higher if he was on your lot's books.

Berbatov is fantastic, but i'm not sure if United is the right team for him. Berbatov is the player Arsenal need as a CF.
I think Arsenal's slower, shorter possession game would suit him down to the ground.

But what's Carroll done so far in relatively short career to prove he's better than Berba?

no no you cant say that in here dude, subjectivity does not come into it in here, they are above petty rivalry...

apart from the feckin MOD lol

sorry mate but what does Carroll had to do with him not rating Berbatov? :D

apart from the feckin MOD lol

you have nothing relevant to answer me, except of this? :)

It's not about what he's "done", it's what he's doing in games already and what he's capable of. Berbatov has good feet, good tricks. But his work rate is awful, his finishing isn't great and he's just not reliable.

As I've said, I rate Hernandez VERY highly, the lad looks an amazing prospect and to have started so well, and done so well in the games he's played, he embarrasses Berbatov.

And as I've also said, nothing to do with the team. He was overrated when he played for Spurs as well.

Edit:
I think Arsenal's slower, shorter possession game would suit him down to the ground.

Although you could be right there and maybe he would shine more at Arsenal. But at Spurs and United, he just hasn't impressed me. And he cost £30m?

It's not about what he's "done", it's what he's doing in games already and what he's capable of. Berbatov has good feet, good tricks. But his work rate is awful, his finishing isn't great and he's just not reliable.

As I've said, I rate Hernandez VERY highly, the lad looks an amazing prospect and to have started so well, and done so well in the games he's played, he embarrasses Berbatov.

And as I've also said, nothing to do with the team. He was overrated when he played for Spurs as well.

Edit:

Although you could be right there and maybe he would shine more at Arsenal. But at Spurs and United, he just hasn't impressed me. And he cost £30m?
I think you're forgetting his excellent early season form, there's no way we'd have won the league without his goals in the first half of the season when Rooney was awful.

But he is pretty much a "marmite" type player amongst fans, a bit like Zlatan. You either rate him or you don't.

Funnily enough I don't rate Zlatan as highly as others either :LOL:

the thing with Berbatov is, he can be deadly on his day.. he is something for united what Carroll could be for us, he still has to prove himself, but hey.. as far as i remember, also Berbatov had to accomodate to United pretty long time if you remember.. the same Crouch for Liverpool after his transfer to us...at that time everyone was laughing, now everyone know´s where his quality is..and how to use him...

But despite that, i think Berbatov´s career at United is over soon.. couse Chicharito is better striker and i think you go after some younger to replace Berbatov..

I dunno, unlike Tevez, he hasn't bitched whenever he's been benched, plus his "languid" style of play could mean he could play into his mid-30s like Sheringham if he has the motivation.

It also depends on if the likes of Welbeck and Macheda can establish themselves in our first team over the next couple of seasons.

well i read somewhere you plan to call back Diouf, Cleverley..about Macheda i heard nothing, his team - Sampdoria were relegated in Seria A :/

I belive you will mostly play with Rooney + Chicharito next season, especialy if you buy a replacement for Scholes.. but yeah, maybe you keep Berbatov, since i agree his goals from first half of season won the league as well for you

Come on guys, Vann is one of the most fair fans. He is one of the people i respect most on this forum. He is a fan, but not a fanatic.

Dags, i can see where you are coming from when yoou complain about the work rate of Berbatov. But i think it must be possible that players like Berbatov (who can create goals or danger out of nothing) have a lower work rate. I think this is cultural, work rate is so important to English football fans. Certain players who are praised for their work rate in England would get stick in Italy because they waste energy.
I can name you a few players whose work rate wasn't exactly phenomenal either: Gerd Muller, Stoichkhov, Romario, Ronaldo, Pipo Inzaghi...they are all legends (and to be honest i don't like Inzaghi and Ronaldo (the Brzilian that is), but i can't deny that they are very important players).

As a Spurs fan, i would really like Berbatov to return, but that is not realistic.

@BelgoFoot Walfoot website (usually pretty good) says #LFC offering Milan Jovanovic for Eden Hazard (and throwing in €20m).

Any thoughts, Gerd? I know you think Hazard is off to Arsenal if anywhere but how reliable are Walfoot?

Hazard is awesome, that would be a real coup. Would prefer to see him playing in Europe when he moves 'up' in the football world though.

Plus, that's gotta be the coolest name in world football.

If you got Hazard I would probably cry a little inside, he's the next Ronaldo/Messi IMO.

I think he'll stay at Lille for what its worth.

I think he'll stay for another year as well, then Arsenal.

I'm just happy that we're linked to the likes of Hazard and Aguero again. It wasn't long ago that we were minutes away from going into administration and we could've been well and truly screwed.

I know that Liverpool are after Hazard. The swap with Jovanovic is new to me. I suppose that Liverpool will also give a lot of money on top of Jovanovic?

I'm not sure, but i have the feeling that Hazard might well stay one more season with Lille.

There are two reasons:

1 Lille will play the CL
2 Eden's younger brother Kylian will play for Lille next season.

I've read an interview with Eden and he mentioned those two reasons himself why he might stay with Lille. The interview was published at a time it wasn't sure Lille would play CL. Now it is sure...

I know from father Hazard (i used to play football with him 20 years ago) that Kylian is the most talented of the 4 brothers Hazard. According to his father, Kylian is better than Eden.

Thorgan, the secon brother was last week on the bench for Lens.
And the fourth brother (the youngest) plays for the youth teams of Second division team Tubize (but would not have the talent of his 3 older brothers).

And another thing i've been saying in another thread too. Currently Eden Hazard is not a starter for the Belgian national team. Our coach prefers Chadli (Twente) who is also only 21 years old. Clubs that are interested in Hazard should also check out Chadli...Hazard wil probably the better player of the two...but Chadli is very good too and will certainly be less expensive.

Can you tell that to Kenny please?

And another thing i've been saying in another thread too. Currently Eden Hazard is not a starter for the Belgian national team. Our coach prefers Chadli (Twente) who is also only 21 years old. Clubs that are interested in Hazard should also check out Chadli...Hazard wil probably the better player of the two...but Chadli is very good too and will certainly be less expensive

Can you tell that to Kenny please?

I´m pretty sure they know about all talent´s and also i´m sure that if we buy a new player, it will be players that will step up in their career by moving here...

So this rules out Hazard for us pretty much this season, since he´s wanted by all TOP clubs, playing in CL, and we don´t have even EL football maybe next season.. + he will be playing with Lille in CL next season...

I think we should go after players who want to play here obviously...but imo,it would take lot´s of convincing to make him want to move here and be part of new chapter in this club´s history... in terms of quality and age, it´s exactly where we should look at... in terms of realistic transfer, i´m sceptic..

I'm just happy that we're linked to the likes of Hazard and Aguero again. It wasn't long ago that we were minutes away from going into administration and we could've been well and truly screwed.

the way LFC pulled it back this season should be one of the stories of the year.

a great end of season run, very promising signings, getting Kenny back (god i hated that guy when i was a kid).

said it in another thread, barring city spending shitloads, all the top 6 are looking good for next season.

Back
Top Bottom