Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 09/10

Thanks fellas and PLF - great as usual (long time, no speak by the way... how's things?)

Faubert was outstanding yesterday again, scoring his first goal for the club and making a brilliant pass for Carlton Cole's goal.
He's endeared himself to West Ham fans this season from his improved performances, but most importantly, his attitude and hard work.
He's gone from being a bit of a sulky out of shape player to being one of our best players this season, although that's not really hard!

The most indicative thing was what he did a couple of weeks back.
Sadly, his mum died after a long illness. Faubert went back to France obviously to be with his family, but was adamant that he wanted to return the next day to play for us against Blackburn on the Saturday.

I was well chuffed for him when he got his goal yesterday :))

Hey Steve,

I'm good buddy. Hope things are well with you too.

I saw highlights of the West Ham - Hull game and he was outstanding indeed. Man of the match probably? Although Valon was awesome too! Back to his best it seemed! Even better than his goal which was a nice run and a powerful shot reminscent of his Bordeaux days was that pass though! :SHOCK:
That through ball was BEAUTIFUL!! I loved it! It was pure Zidane loool but from a RB position! Great move and finish by Cole as well of course but that through-ball was immense! And it's not one of Julien's biggest strengths so I was pleasantly surprised.

His attitude has improved it seems. I'm not sure it's still the greatests and I hope while fans appreciate what he does and give him support, don't become too attached to him because as an extemely ambitious man and not the most loyal in my opinion, Julien is definitely the type of player who'll be PUSHING for a move and doing everything he can to leave the club should a better offer or bigger club come in. Obviously this is early talk as he must keep this high level of performance before other big clubs come in for him again, but it's something I can see happening and I wouldn't want the fans to feel betrayed or heart-broken. It's best to give 'em warning cuz he's that type of fella! Great to enjoy it while it lasts though and congrats on the magnificent result. A very important victory for the Upton Park faithful! :)

That Faubert pass was indeed outstanding.
I don't think West Ham deserve relegation. At times they play good and attractive football.

Bordeaux get the job done in Athens in a VERY tough stadium to play in!

The 2 remaining French teams in the CL have done themselves very well with 1-0 victories in the 1st-leg and have one foot in the Q-finals.

But Real can still pose a lot of danger to Lyon in Madrid so we'll see what happens while I think unless Les Girdins have an unusually off-night, there's a very good chance they're in the next round now after that good result.

Just when you thought the Montpellier machine may have been stopped.. after last week's loss to Les Verts, they're BACK this week with a convincing victory over Rennes to stay in the title hunt!

The Incredible story continues....

Yeah Montpellier's story is amazing.

I mean in every league every year or so, you have a promoted team that comes up and suprises everyone for a few weeks or maybe till half-way point of season MAX and does better than expected.

But then there is Montpellier! They're STILL 2nd! Not from bottom but from top! :D and there isn't that long to go until the season finishes now! And all this with very little investment!

There's clearly great unity, belief, confidence and atmosphere in that group because it's very refreshing to see average players like Soleymane Camara (Ex Monaco youngster) play SO well! :D

Just shows you that with confidence, average players can perform like diamonds! Bobby Zamora in Fulham has been doing the same in recent weeks! Difference with Montpellier is, it's not just Camara, so many of their players are 'average' players at best, some you could argue not even Ligue 1 players but more like Ligue 2 like Collin (Ex-Ajaccio man) but man they play well ABOVE their actual ability and perform great! Fantastic stuff! If they were to lose EVERY game from here on, this would still be an INCREDIBLY successful season! And I don't think they will though I do expect them to start dropping points sooner rather than later and go off the boil and drop a few places by the time the season has finished.

On another note, Well done OM! 3-0 in Paris!
Kambouare will be under some real pressure now, let's see what happens...

GREAT NEWS!!!

My friend, a liverpool fan, has managed to get 2 tickets for the game against Lille at Anfield, so I finally get to see Les Dogues in person, really really excited, might get attacked for wearing my Lille shirt in the Kop, but I don't care haha.

I'll try to get 2 tickets for the Coupe de la Ligue finale. We'll see.
Last time I've been to the Stade de France, Marseille hd lost versus Sochaux after PKs... Damn Zubar.

GREAT NEWS!!!

My friend, a liverpool fan, has managed to get 2 tickets for the game against Lille at Anfield, so I finally get to see Les Dogues in person, really really excited, might get attacked for wearing my Lille shirt in the Kop, but I don't care haha.

they wont know whos team the kit is until kick off :)

Oh dear there were problems with the PSG fans after the match it seems, it looks like they attacked some old guy and now he is nearly dead.

Sorry guys, just back from Martinique

Day 25

MARSEILLE 3-1 NANCY
SOCHAUX 0-4 LYON
RENNES 1-2 LILLE
PARIS-SG 1-0 TOULOUSE
SAINT-ETIENNE 1-0 MONTPELLIER
GRENOBLE 0-1 VALENCIENNES
LENS 3-0 MONACO
NICE 1-0 LORIENT
BOULOGNE 1-3LE MANS

Day 26

MONTPELLIER 3-1 RENNES
VALENCIENNES 1-0 SAINT-ETIENNE
TOULOUSE 1-0 LENS
LYON 2-0 NICE
MONACO 1-0 BOULOGNE
NANCY 0-2 GRENOBLE
LORIENT 1-0 SOCHAUX
LILLE 1-2 AUXERRE
PARIS-SG 0-3 MARSEILLE
LE MANS BORDEAUX (14 april)

Last edited:

fr-french-ligue-1.png

Day 27

Results :
Grenoble 1-1 Le Mans
Marseille 1-1 Lorient
Bordeaux 1-1 Montpellier
Saint Etienne 1-1 Lille
Sochaux 1-0 Toulouse
Rennes 1-0 Monaco
Boulogne 0-0 Lyon
Lens 1-1 Paris SG
Nice 2-3 Nancy
Auxerre 1-0 Valenciennes

Classement :
1 Bordeaux 52 (-2)
2 Montpellier 52
3 Lyon 50
4 Marseille 49 (-1)
5 Lille 48
6 Auxerre 48 (-1)
7 Monaco 42
8 Valenciennes 41
9 Lorient 40
10 Rennes 40
11 Toulouse 37
12 Nancy 35
13 Sochaux 35 (-1)
14 Paris-SG 34
15 Lens 34
16 Saint-Etienne 27
17 Nice 26
18 Le Mans 21 (-1)
19 Boulogne 17
20 Grenoble 14

Top scorer :
1 Niang Mamadou Marseille 15
2 Nenê Monaco 13
3 Gervinho Lille 11
- Lopez Lisandro Lyon 11
5 Frau Pierre-Alain Lille 10
- Gameiro Kevin Lorient 10
7 Chamakh Marouane Bordeaux 9
- Montano Victor Hugo Montpellier 9
- Rémy Loïc Nice 9
- Erding Mevlut Paris-SG 9
- Gyan Asamoah Rennes 9

Top assist :
1 Trémoulinas Benoît Bordeaux 7
- Vahirua Marama Lorient 7
- Ben Khalfallah Fahid Valenciennes 7
4 Gourcuff Yoann Bordeaux 6
- Alonso Alejandro Monaco 6
- Costa Alberto Facundo Montpellier 6
- Jallet Christophe Paris-SG 6

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if Soccers.fr the website that Total used to put the goals each week up from still does the weekly goals, I've had a look round the site but can't find the French goals at all, can anyone help, or direct me to any similar site.

Cheers

fr-french-ligue-1.png

Day 28

Results :
Lille 1-0 Grenoble
Valenciennes 0-2 Rennes
Toulouse 1-1 Marseille
Paris SG 4-1 Sochaux
Lyon 1-1 Saint Etienne
Nancy 1-3 Boulogne
Montpellier 1-1 Auxerre
Le Mans 0-1 Nice

Classement :
1 Bordeaux 53 (-1)
2 Montpellier 53
3 Auxerre 52
4 Lille 51
5 Lyon 51
6 Marseille 50 (-1)
7 Lorient 43
8 Rennes 43
9 Monaco 43
10 Valenciennes 41
11 Toulouse 38
12 Paris-SG 37
13 Nancy 35
14 Sochaux 35 (-1)
15 Lens 34
16 Nice 29
17 Saint-Etienne 28
18 Le Mans 21 (-1)
19 Boulogne 20
20 Grenoble 14

Top scorer :
1 Niang Mamadou Marseille 15
2 Nenê Monaco 13
3 Lopez Lisandro Lyon 12
- Erding Mevlut Paris-SG 12
5 Gervinho Lille 11
6 Frau Pierre-Alain Lille 10
- Gameiro Kevin Lorient 10
- Rémy Loïc Nice 10
- Gyan Asamoah Rennes 10
10 Jelen Ireneusz Auxerre 9
- Chamakh Marouane Bordeaux 9
- Montano Victor Hugo Montpellier 9

Top assist :
1 Vahirua Marama Lorient 8
2 Niculae Daniel Auxerre 7
- Trémoulinas Benoît Bordeaux 7
- Jallet Christophe Paris-SG 7
- Ben Khalfallah Fahid Valenciennes 7
6 Gourcuff Yoann Bordeaux 6
- Alonso Alejandro Monaco 6
- Costa Alberto Facundo Montpellier 6
9 Hazard Eden Lille 5
- Gameiro Kevin Lorient 5
- Abriel Fabrice Marseille 5
- Gonzalez Lucho Marseille 5
- Féret Julien Nancy 5
- Malonga Francis Chris Nancy 5
- Briand Jimmy Rennes 5

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if Soccers.fr the website that Total used to put the goals each week up from still does the weekly goals, I've had a look round the site but can't find the French goals at all, can anyone help, or direct me to any similar site.

Cheers

check this website: http://www.tvgolo.com/, you can find all the goals of the major leagues and of a lot of countries all around the world!

check this website: http://www.tvgolo.com/, you can find all the goals of the major leagues and of a lot of countries all around the world!

Nice site mate thanks for the link, was hoping for a site where I could download the videos, so I could make a compilation.

Will you be watching the game tonight, I'm going to it, sitting in the Kop with my Lille scarf on...can't wait

really sad taht Lille couldn't make it... They destroyed all their great match in Lille after 5 minutes and the penalty...
Bordeaux - Lyon in Champions League!

Yup. Not really happy about that. Would've liked to see them play other teams. Don't know if it's blessing for French football or bad. Judging by previous years, maybe blessing, we'll see....

I mean on one hand, you're now GUARANTEED 1 French team in Semi-finals of CL which is nice and more than since Monaco made it to final and lost to Porto years ago. On the other, you maybe could've had 2 out of the 4 final teams being French! if they hadn't drawn each other. But then again, you could've had 0 as maybe both would get eliminated at Q-final stage.

Anyway, I have a feeling, Lyon's superior CL experience might become a factor and after doing well in this competition for sooo long but never getting past Q-final stage, they'll feel this may very well be their best opportunity to do so now!

Should be an interesting ending to the season anyway. With both as well as others also going for the title!

The Les Gones vs. Les Girondins rivalry could develop and get intense thanks to these matches which would be good to see.

Gutted that Lille lost 3-0.

Unfortunate that Bordeaux and L'OL meet each other. They could both have gone further. French football is doing good. If only Marseille had stuck with Gerets...they had a better team last year.

You know which team laughs more then any other team in the world?

Gutted that Lille lost 3-0.

Unfortunate that Bordeaux and L'OL meet each other. They could both have gone further. French football is doing good. If only Marseille had stuck with Gerets...they had a better team last year.

fr-french-ligue-1.png

Day 29

Results :
Bordeaux 3-1 Lille
Montpellier 2-1 Valenciennes
Marseille 2-1 Lyon
Lens 0-0 Sochaux
Saint-Etienne 0-0 Nancy
Rennes 4-1 Toulouse
Boulogne 2-0 Lorient
Grenoble 0-0 Monaco