Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange 06/07

Great deal for City though, what a bargain. A young, top class goalkeeper who could be there for 3-5 years and then sold off for even more.

I just watched Eurogoals on Eurosport and they did it again. Mistaking a Slovenian for a Slovakian. :roll:

:mrgreen:

It's like mistaking Andy Murray for an Englishman.

It happens really often, though. On swimming EC's & WC's, gymnastic EC's & WC's etc. Even CNN did it a couple of times.

So it's BB first, then Eurosport personel and last but not least CNN. Anyone else? :p

Sorry for the off-topic. :o

i've read the match reports and seems that bilos isn't starting for st. etienne yet, but he's entering as a sub on most matches. he's the weirdest player from argentina by far... pretty huge body, yet his main strenght is his dribbling speed for which he uses his terribly long legs, and he's got an awful balance for such a big man... dunno if he's showed that yet. i hope he can deliver on the great competitive league that seems to be the ligue 1 this year.

p.s.: total, i don't know if this makes you feel any better, but many people around here confuse switzerland with sweden...

weird fact about ligue 1 is that there is a guy from argentina who is pretty unknown around here called "Juan Pablo Francia" playing for bordeaux. to put it into perspective, it's like an unknown english guy named "John Germany" playing for a top bundesliga team.

Last edited:

voxel said:
p.s.: total, i don't know if this makes you feel any better, but many people around here confuse switzerland with sweden...
That makes me feel better, thanks. :p

Regarding Francia: I've never seen him play, but I played with him a bit in my Bordeaux ML. He only had 1 great match against Lyon when he scored and assisted 1. And then Real Madrid made a bid for him in the January transfer window abd he left to Spain. :mrgreen:

So I kinda know him.

total said:
So it's BB first, then Eurosport personel and last but not least CNN. Anyone else? :p

Sorry for the off-topic. :o

Oh shit, me and my big mouth.....:D

But it is easy to mix up in your mind sometimes as the names and also the flags are so similar. Although its shocking people do it on TV as they're getting paid for talking about stuff, so should know what they are saying!

Pablo Francia, Alonso and Bilos

voxel said:
i've read the match reports and seems that bilos isn't starting for st. etienne yet, but he's entering as a sub on most matches. he's the weirdest player from argentina by far... pretty huge body, yet his main strenght is his dribbling speed for which he uses his terribly long legs, and he's got an awful balance for such a big man... dunno if he's showed that yet. i hope he can deliver on the great competitive league that seems to be the ligue 1 this year.

weird fact about ligue 1 is that there is a guy from argentina who is pretty unknown around here called "Juan Pablo Francia" playing for bordeaux. to put it into perspective, it's like an unknown english guy named "John Germany" playing for a top bundesliga team.
It's understandable if he's more or less an unknown though in Argentina since he never played there I don't think.

He came from Bordeaux's youth team themselves and has broken to first team squad in past couple years. He's decent and seems to have good potential actually. Can take CK's, FK's stuff too. Not a first-teamer usually but starts and comes on as sub in some matches.

He's one of the many Italian-Argentinians.

Bordeaux have another Argentinian as well of course but I'm sure he's more 'known' than Francia since he played in 'Huracan'. He's Alejandro Alonso.

Regarding Daniel Bilos, when I heard about the transfer a while ago, I didn't expect him to be a regular starter anyway. He's decent but I see him playing a 'squad role' more or less where he'll start few games but most of the time if everyone is fit, probably be a backup and start on bench or come as a sub.

Re: Pablo Francia, Alonso and Bilos

PLF said:
Regarding Daniel Bilos, when I heard about the transfer a while ago, I didn't expect him to be a regular starter anyway. He's decent but I see him playing a 'squad role' more or less where he'll start few games but most of the time if everyone is fit, probably be a backup and start on bench or come as a sub.

this speaks very highly of ligue 1 since not so long ago bilos was beeing considered for our WC squad. from local league standout to substitute :shock: they seem to be pretty loaded in his positions...

M. Diarra said he refuses to practise with the team until he gets his transfer to Real Madrid. :eh:

lol its not a problem.

Both are quality players but Aulas has great management skills.

Even when he loses a key player of his team, he gets MORE than enough money for it to replace with quality addition and strengthen squad even more!!

Look at what happened with Essien.

Before his transfer, Lyon were an awesome team. Then they lost him and they were even more awesome because with the money they got for him... they not only bought replacement who did a very good job but also got the likes of Fred and others!

So whether he goes or not.. I'm not worried about future of Lyon. It's in the hands of a very ambitious and smart man and that's Jean-Michel Aulas.

He may be ambitious, Aulas has no skill for that. It's his right arm, Bernard Lacombe, who does all the job. Aulas only approves his decisions and signs checks.

Milenko's transfer is official now. This is the news from Lille's official site translated with google language tools:

The medium of ground inhabitant of Lille, Milenko Acimovic (29 years), initialed yesterday a contract in favour of the Saoudi club d�Al Ittihad aprčs to have satisfied ŕ the medical examination. This signature marks the end d�une formidable adventure sporting and human between the LOSC and l�international slovčne. Arrived at the club inhabitant of Lille coming from Tottenham Hotspurs (England) on January 24, 2004 whereas the Mastiffs flirtaient with the zone of relegation, Milenko Acimovic quickly made profit the LOSC from its immense talent and its experiment. It took an active part ŕ l�embellie sporting of the Inhabitants of Lille in 2003-2004 and ŕ their increase in the classification. The Mastiffs will finish this season ŕ good a 10čme place and will obtain męme a ticket for l�Intertoto Cup. Milenko thus contributed ŕ to install the bases of the future performances of the LOSC. Its role on the ground, in its position d�organisator, its class and its experiment allowed to ŕ many young talents of l�effectif inhabitant of Lille, who shines aujourd�hui, of décomplexer, s�exprimer and to appear. Milenko Acimovic will dispute in two seasons and half of League 1 Orange - including two qualifying the Mastiffs for l�UEFA Champions League � 47 matches under the shirt inhabitant of Lille, for 12 registered goals. It will mark of them 6 of more in the other national or European competitions of which l�historic drank of November 2, 2005 which offered to the LOSC a formidable victory face ŕ Manchester United, in front of prčs of 70.000 spectators at the Stage of France, at the time of the brilliance course of the LOSC in UEFA Champions League. One succés, a goal, a gesture of Milenko which will remain ŕ ever engraved in the memories inhabitants of Lille. Milenko Acimovic will occupy from now on a place d�honnor in l�Histoire LOSC. Its talent and its professionalism were unanimously appreciated and greeted by all; by its trainer Claude Puel like his sporting staff, by l�équipe leading of the LOSC, l�ensemble of the players of the côtoyé l�ayant club and by all supporters of the LOSC of which there were and will remain trčs estimated. For these reasons, the LOSC presents ŕ Milenko Acimovic all its trčs sincčres v�ux of success for the continuation of its professional course. For always, including at the end of its brilliant carričre, Milenko will be at his place with the LOSC! Official official statement of the LOSC Lille Metropolis

wow hard to read that. :p

But anyways in short, good luck to Milenko. He was a good servant for Lille since he joined and he wasn't injured but now the right decision was to move as he was gonna have limited playing time this season.

And he'll be getting a very healthy paycheck in middle east! :mrgreen: $$$$$$$$

I translate from that, that Lille are very grateful for everything Milenko did for the club, when he joined they were close to relagation and then with his help they finished 10th.

And he will be remembered forever to the fans as a great player, and of course the goal in the stade de france against Man Utd when Lille won 1-0.

Just finished watching Lille v Lens the full match and i'd like to write a little bit about what a saw.

Yeah, he'll get some good $$$.

Well, I wish he does good in his new club so he'll be ready for the qualifiers. Our group isn't the easiest (especially with the jerk coach we have).

If Marco Ramos is supposed to be Benoit Assou-Ekotto's replacement on left hand side of defence for Lens, then they might be in for a long season!!

He got absolutely killed by Kader Keita over the weekend and although he won't be facing the likes of Keita down the left hand side every week, he looks very much like a 2nd div player and will have troubles this year!!

Perhaps Demont should start on the right as he does and Patrick Barul when back fit can play as left full-back.

Lachor's presence was missed as he would've been an experienced and decent defender in Benoit's absence as he showed last season many times but they shipped him off to Sedan and now Lens' left side of defence looks WEAK!

Auxerre : 0
Marseille : 3 (Ribery 45', Maoulida 49', Pagis 70')

Great OM, i think Nasri up level day by day :)

Nasri is brillant. 1 minute on the field ans he brings a goal. He can make the difference any time.

1st half, Ribery gives his maximum and during 2nd HT Nasri controls. This is great. And 2 assists by Niang !!! :D

After HT, Auxerre was lost. This team really needs a new forward. They attack with only one man...

Totally agree with your verdict on Ramos, he got Slaughtered, if he comes up against anyone with pace, then he's gonna get made a fool of alot of times

Good win for Marseille, starting to look the part, still very early though, it's not bad when you take off Ribery and bring on Nasri.

Got a bad feeling PSG are gonna beat Lille

gib2504 said:
Got a bad feeling PSG are gonna beat Lille
I don't think so. ;)

But anything is possible of course and we'll see....

I was actually gonna bet on a Lille win here and several other matches in EPL/Ligue 1 but am down with a really bad cold and unable to leave the house so I haven't.

It'll piss me off if all my predictions come true as I could make $50 or so... but then again maybe I'll be wrong as usual and in that case I will have saved a few bucks. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom