Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Lyon already in CL 06/07"

Shit Marseille!!!!instead to come simply with their first team!!what did psg do wrong?They allowed the same numbers of tickets,the same security service as usual and this Crap/SHIT pape diouf found a stupid excuse and wanted only to rest his players for UEFA!!(shame you lost:D )and now this is the Result!!THANKS PAPE DIOUFF :applause:

I think both teams are killing French football.
Both presidents suck. Both team supporters suck.

Stringer Bell said:
Lovely skills he done in the touch line!

I second that. Still, it looked like he just sniffed. :lol:

French pair docked points

Ligue 1 outfits Marseille and Paris Saint Germain have both been docked a league point following last month's controversial goalless draw.

The French Professional Soccer League deemed the pair harmed the sport's image after Marseille ended up sending a B side for the clash at Parc des Princes.
Marseille had safety concerns after PSG allocated fans tickets underneath home supporters, along with reducing the number on offer, and called for fans to boycott the contest.
As a result, Marseille sent an under strength side for the game while their supporters opted against making the trip to Paris.
Both clubs can appeal against the docked point, although neither club dropped a league placing in the table as a result of the penalty.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=376539&CPID=24&clid=&lid=11&title=French+pair+docked+points

Go Lyonnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahah at last a Lyon fan I see on these forums.

Was looking for a little info on some players in the French league that are being linked with Rangers. Any help is appriciated on the following:

Jéremy Toulalan, also Chamakh and Didot.

Cloud1863 said:
Was looking for a little info on some players in the French league that are being linked with Rangers. Any help is appriciated on the following:

Jéremy Toulalan, also Chamakh and Didot.

add Govou

Dude just read my thread. This isn't a plug for it, hell no but the fact is these players and many many more from Ligue 1 have been mentioned 110 times in my thread in past 2-3 weeks with people writing even big reviews on their ability, their performances, the whole team. It's best place you can get EXTENSIVE amount of info on even likes of Didot but if you just want height/age/fact infos like that then just go to L'Equipe and check them out. But if you want to know about ability, their strenghts/weaknesses and etc. your best bet is to do what's below.

Just search for word "Toulalan" for example in "Search this thread function" (A blessing from the Administrators of Evo-web, I love this feature! :D ) when you're in my thread or Gourcuff or anyone in that league and see how many results you get back with all the info you need. There's no better place than it to learn about Ligue 1 and its individual players & teams and you can see since the release of Ligue 1 beta, so many people like even englishmen who never followed the league before are now doing it and have gained a lot more knowledge about it and its players.

p.s. @Thomas, Hub, Alain or any other French guys, has there been a major interview/press conference or anything worthy of mention from Jean-Michel Aulas after the knockout of Lyon in CL? To possible talk about what his ambitions are now and whether they will buy some players or get rid of some? I don't want to know about newspapers linking so and so to here or govou away.. but real TALK FROM The chairman? has there been any?

Last edited:

ThomasGOAL said:
add Govou

I knew a bit more about Govou so I wasn't as interested in him.

Cheers for the advice PLF ive never used the search this thread function before and been around here for years lol.

PLF said:
p.s. @Thomas, Hub, Alain or any other French guys, has there been a major interview/press conference or anything worthy of mention from Jean-Michel Aulas after the knockout of Lyon in CL? To possible talk about what his ambitions are now and whether they will buy some players or get rid of some? I don't want to know about newspapers linking so and so to here or govou away.. but real TALK FROM The chairman? has there been any?

PLF, Aulas speak only about buy new players and want the doublé Coupe de France and Championnat, that all.

So what did he say about buying new players?

PLF said:
So what did he say about buying new players?

Nothing special, but the press (no Aulas) speak alot about new offensive players, few rumous like Drogba, Ronaldo...

LENS PSG 1-1 (jussie/Kalou)

quite boring until the 78 mn ,anyway bad ref the whole game and with a penaly "given for lens"
anyway it's a fair result

I hate how they have to do a sending-off if its a penalty. It's bullshit. Maybe that was a penalty but it didn't deserve a red card. I didn't want Yepes to get sent off and now miss more matches this time due to suspension after just coming back.

I really don't think that was a penalty. The replay at the end of the match clearly showed that Yepes hit the ball. This was actually a lot like that Barcelona - Chelsea quarter final.

But look at it from the ref's point of view. The ref is a couple of meters away and he sees a player go down. Plus he doesn't have a chance of a replay like in hockey games. But I'm sure he realised his mistake after watching the situtation again later.

yeah im not even disputing that, I'm all for fairness when it comes to ref's. People always blame them but the guy gets to see it ONCE very quicklly in like 1 sec.. while we watch some replays over and over again on TV from different angles and to be honest some are still hard to say whether it was foul or not.. so i always give ref credit and benefit of doubt.

I dont really care whether that was PK or not.. i just think it's stupid to send the player off for that even if it was a foul! I mean I'm fine with red cards when its an absolute intentional foul or when it's like last defender OUTside of box where you dont get PK but not a foul like that, which isn't even clear if it's foul or not.. (some will argue whether it or not) AND a red-card. :/

@Cloud, you're welcome man. Plus check out the last post by WalterVF guy once you're in the thread haha he says it's better and has taught him more than any football documentary or website and stuff and I gotta agree man.. just reading that $hit improves knowledge of so many each day especially Ligue 1 player/team wise since release of the beta a few weeks back.

Well, to be honest I wasn't surprised with the red card. I've seen some strange decisions this year from the French refs. Like that Nantes game against the team I don't remember now when both goalies were sent off (you posted the link in your thread ;)).

Nantes vs. Troyes!

Savinaud and Enza Yamisi playing in net! haha :D

But in anycase while we all have seen some strange decisions, this season at times, I've been very very impressed with the quality of refereeing decisions. :applause:

Last edited:

What can I say?!!?!?!??! Whoever is not watching the game is definitely missing out on some great footie!!! Great stuff so far!! :cheers:

Match's been everything I expected and has lived up to the hype I had given it myself in my own brain! :p anticpating it and waiting patiently for a week for this! It's been free-fast flowing attractive football played by Rennes and at times by Sochaux! Great stuff from both teams with 50-50 and shoulder to shoulder challenges! This is another reason why this league is so great not only players are tough and strong mentally and technically but very PHYSICAL and fitness wise as well!!

Utaka battles with Souleymane Diawara where they keep bodychecking each other while sprinting at same time and both win some battles and lose some, is just a JOY to watch as is brilliant play of one of the world's best young players Yoann Gourcuff. Great vision/passing, getting back to defend, attacking/touches/stamina this player is one of my fav. He's so well-rounded and he's 19!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Hardly do I remember a guy as complete and well-rounded as him at this young age. He has huge potential and god knows how far he can go to become a top top world-class player one day.

Brilliant training routine FK made by Rennes in 5th minute of match resulting in first goal and great FK from Sochaux as well and nice leap and header from Diawara to make it 1-1 at HT!!
Can't wait to see rest!

This is GOOD football!

Rennes : 2
Sochaux : 1

8 wins in row for Rennes (egalise Nantes record)

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Rennes 8 wins in row"

I dont want Ronaldo in Lyon.

What a match guys!! Great stuff! Ok the penalty and red card was harsh as there was no way Jean Calve could've got out of that powerful drive by Kallstrom and it hit him more like on the shoulder not hand but all in all, although Sochaux played well and defended well at times, I don't think it's unfair for Rennes to take that victory!

Now let's just hope for sake of French football that Rennes can now hold onto this 3rd place and go to CL because I do think if they can manage to keep their main players from leaving in summer, they are quite capable of beating the best in the world on their day when playing in Europe next season and capable of many "shocks/surprises" to those other teams.

Because player by player if you look, their squad is indeed one of the best in France and a very very capable one so when they play up to potential and with confidence like they have been doing in past 8 matches, they have a chance to beat any team including the biggest and best of other countries. So I hope they can hold off Lille/Auxerre/OM/PSG and all other sides still with hope of clinching that last CL spot and hold on to their best players and we should have some exciting French teams in next year's CL more capable of success than in previous seasons where it's only been Lyon really.

PLF said:
What can I say?!!?!?!??! Whoever is not watching the game is definitely missing out on some great footie!!! Great stuff so far!! :cheers:

Match's been everything I expected and has lived up to the hype I had given it myself in my own brain! :p anticpating it and waiting patiently for a week for this! It's been free-fast flowing attractive football played by Rennes and at times by Sochaux! Great stuff from both teams with 50-50 and shoulder to shoulder challenges! This is another reason why this league is so great not only players are tough and strong mentally and technically but very PHYSICAL and fitness wise as well!!

Utaka battles with Souleymane Diawara where they keep bodychecking each other while sprinting at same time and both win some battles and lose some, is just a JOY to watch as is brilliant play of one of the world's best young players Yoann Gourcuff. Great vision/passing, getting back to defend, attacking/touches/stamina this player is one of my fav. He's so well-rounded and he's 19!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Hardly do I remember a guy as complete and well-rounded as him at this young age. He has huge potential and god knows how far he can go to become a top top world-class player one day.

Brilliant training routine FK made by Rennes in 5th minute of match resulting in first goal and great FK from Sochaux as well and nice leap and header from Diawara to make it 1-1 at HT!!
Can't wait to see rest!

This is GOOD football!

YES couldn't be agree more !!very good game today ,very balanced,and Gourcuff is definitely a futur great player !!what a player:applause:

sochaux deserved the draw shame Dagano missed a good chance in the first half when the score was 1 -1
anyway looking forward to the next week with some interesting games
lille:bordeaux
nice:rennes and the big one psg/lyon

lyon could be champion if they win

Yep agree! We'll have another very interesting week next and big thumbs up to you Alain! :thumbup:

Dagano missed one good chance yeah but Utaka missed a couple actually. Especially the rebound Richert gave off header of Mensah (very nice header) that could've been a goal so Utaka as usual missed a couple chances cuz let's not forget despite having 3 hat-tricks in last 10 games, he's not a very good finisher! In each of those games he got 3 goals, he could've had 5-6 but missed a couple easy chances as well.

Still great player though with very good speed AND power/strength which is always nice to see especially when combined with some good skills/shooting as well :)

Oh well.. another week of Ligue 1 is over and I'm just kinda sad that there's only few weeks left :(

But not too sad cuz we'll have World cup this summer of course and then another memorable Ligue 1 + Other leagues season which I'm already hungry for! :p

yes totally agree about your view of Utaka
but what do you think about J.Calve's handball?I Think the ref made the good decision
rennes indeed it is a futur big club i liked the way they didn't sack L.Boloni when they were in hot water with i don't remember exactly 4 or 5 defeat in row (with an a stunned 6-0 AGAINST nancy:shock: )i know some club who in the same situation would have sacked their coach

French cup on tuesday and wednesday
PSG/LILLE
LYON/OM(i will cheer for lyon Plf lol)
rennes:montpelier
Calais/nantes

Last edited:

yes that will be the only time you ever will cheer for Lyon when they play against OM (I wonder why :roll: :p) :lmao:

Anyways about Calve's handball, I already mentioned it bro a few posts above:

What a match guys!! Great stuff! Ok the penalty and red card was harsh as there was no way Jean Calve could've got out of that powerful drive by Kallstrom and it hit him more like on the shoulder not hand but all in all, although Sochaux played well and defended well at times, I don't think it's unfair for Rennes to take that victory!
My first impression was that maybe the ball went over the line but it didn't look like it did on replay and what was clear was that it didn't hit his "Hand" but hit him with a powerful very fast shot on shoulder (poor guy) which not only hurt him probably but there was NO way even player with fastest reactions could've gotten out of way of that powerful shot so I think PK AND Red-card is harsh but Rennes deserved it overall.

Regarding Rennes board not sacking "Lazlo Boloni" I couldn't agree more! When they had that horrendous start to season after such a good one last season and were around relegation places and doing bad week after week and that horrible result against Nancy, many idiot fans were cheering for him to get sacked and putting intense pressure but I was hoping they realize that EVERY Team no matter how good no matter how good the players/manager WILL go through a BAD BAD form sometime and best thing to do is to keep him and they did and now we're seeing results ! 8)

French Cup

PSG/LILLE 2-1 kalou,pauleta8) 8) /tavlaridis
lyon/Marseille half time 1 -1 fred maoulida

Back
Top Bottom