ITALY thread

Re: The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri! - "Un’Italia da 7"

What a performance from Italy. Incredible stuff, talk about rising to the occasion. Magnificent all over the pitch.

Congrats!

Bravo per la vittoria strameritata e forza italia per la finale !

Fantastic performance. Beasts, the lot of them.

I Crucchi a casaaaaa..

Grazie Ragazzi!!

Congratulations Prandelli, Balotelli and Azzuri!

Well done!

I knew Italy would win, like I said in Germany-thread a few days ago, Germany's team is overrated, they play awesome against weaker teams but against the really good teams they lack bite.

As to Italy, after seeing the Spain vs Italy match I knew Italy is a very good team. I saw only Batoletti as a weakness but after today I know why Italy's coach had faith in him:

His bulky body makes him a bit slow and clunky, but it allows him to be the perfect target-man, to keep hold of the ball until the rest of the team organizes its offensive.

And obviously he learned from his mistakes and today he didn't hesitate to score, great!

As to the rest of the team: A good collective work... Pirlo was good as always, but the often criticized Montolivo was also very good. He made some very nice and dangerous passes like a good playmaker should. It was also clever to sub him out in order to keep him fresh and uninjured for the final.

Italy could have won 3:1 or 4:1, but some players just didn't score very good opportunities.

Against Spain, every good opportunity needs to be exploited.

As to Germany: Gomez, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, it didn't work out. Klose with Reus were far more dangerous, but they came too late into the game. The best player though was Khedira, great work-ethics.

Congratulation to Italy for this welldeserved win against Germany, looking forward to Italy hopefully beating Spain, for the sake of football.

all i can say as neutral is that Italy play much more entertaining football than Spain...in terms of attack - defence and moving to attack...Spain seem to much static to me... they pass amazingly well, but it´s all a bit more boring..

hope the better football wins

edit: Pirlo should win golden ball 2012. despite the final result imho.

So i guess that "12 year gap" rule is no joke :THINK:

BTW i loved this moment
252611_10150901264257901_1933629977_n.jpg

Last edited:

PROUD OF THE TEAM. CASSANO IS A LAZY ASS, BUT WHAT A FUCKING DRIBBLE TO SET SUPER MARIO UP. THE DEFENCE WAS UNPENETRABLE, DE ROSSI WAS A MACHINE, AND SUPER MARIO DEFINITELY CAUGHT A SUPER STAR.

How awesome was it to see Balotelli celebrate like mad? This kid rarely celebrates.... this says a lot about how Prandelli got the players to be a real team.

Sorry for shouting - I'm just so happy and have asked 5 different people to buy tomorrow's Gazzetta for me.

PS - like I mentioned before, Cassano starts because he's capable of 10 seconds of magic that no other Italian player can deliver. He did this and we scored the first goal. Proud of Fantantonio - close to death 6 months ago, and now contributing to the Euro final.

If we lose, I really don't care. We got this far and proved the whole world that our bunch of 'no-names' are capable of outplaying Germany, England and Spain (group stages). Prandelli really brought back the pride in these players, even the 'has beens' like Buffon and Pirlo, who were part of Lippi's complacent Italy. Gigi played as if he was the world's most valuable keeper (something I haven't seen in a while), and De Rossi played like the real De Rossi from 3 years ago. Bonucci was flawless and you know the rest, I simply don't have anything to say. This was a team effort, and it definitely paid off.

PS - like I mentioned before, Cassano starts because he's capable of 10 seconds of magic that no other Italian player can deliver. He did this and we scored the first goal. Proud of Fantantonio - close to death 6 months ago, and now contributing to the Euro final.

If we lose, I really don't care. We got this far and proved the whole world that our bunch of 'no-names' are capable of outplaying Germany, England and Spain (group stages). Prandelli really brought back the pride in these players, even the 'has beens' like Buffon and Pirlo, who were part of Lippi's complacent Italy. Gigi played as if he was the world's most valuable keeper (something I haven't seen in a while), and De Rossi played like the real De Rossi from 3 years ago. Bonucci was flawless and you know the rest, I simply don't have anything to say. This was a team effort, and it definitely paid off.

And no love for Olivia?

Congrats Azurri! Pirlo was simply phenomenal. Incredible. The real good( fit ones) players rise in these games, Italy is full of them. Spain respected Portugal counter, will have to double vs Pirlo and the boys. Pirlo for golden boot. He stole the show. A player on the very top of his game. For the books of football, his display today.

Even if Italy win the final I can't see Pirlo winning the Golden Ball. Just look at past results. Xavi and Wesley in 2010. Unfortunately, it has become a popularity contest. Thus, I seeing him finishing 3rd behind CR and Messi. One of those two will win it.

And no love for Olivia?

Good game for him too. All round everyone played well imo.

A nice thing is that our team is made up of players from all over Serie A, not just the big 3 or 4: Balzaretti - Palermo, Montolivo - Fiorentina, Di Natale - Udinese, Diamanti - Bologna, De Rossi - Roma, etc. Our bench has a player from Serie B! And Siena too.

Re: The Italy Thread - Forza Azzurri! - "Il sogno è appena cominciato"

Yep everyone played well today. Except Di Natale.

Montolivo was good too. Deserves credit.

Balzaretti played great even as RB! Unfortunate to give away that penalty.

The whole team played with so much heart and desire. You could say they wanted it more than Germans. Credit to Prandelli!

also with spain and italy in the final now i can say that Ireland were in the hardest group and maybe they didnt play as bad as i thought

great video, so many memories!
only Toni & Materazzi scored more than once in the tournament for Italy.. Gilardino, Grosso, del Piero, Iaquinta, Inzagui, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Totti.. they all scored. I think this fact shows how great this team was.
One of the best teams i have seen in my life, that's for sure.

Oh, and that goal by Del Piero, jeeeez i've seen it hundreds of times.
what a beauty! and what a moment to pull that off.

KEEP
CALM
&
CUCCHIAIO !

oh god, i love Italian NT so bad

Last edited:

Ciao azzurri, Ce l'hai fatta!!! Bennissimo! Aspetavo di vedere la partita oggi ma non è stato possibile, ma ci vediamo la domenica sera! Aspetto di celebrare assieme una bella partita! Tanti auguri a tutti!

Hey peole, congrats for achieving the final. The first match between us was one of the best of the tournament. I'm sure we will watch another great match on sunday and we can celebrate football above everythimg else. I wish you a lot of luck guys, you"re great!

Last edited:

Forza Azzurri! :D

Brilliant performance all round, hopefully they have one more 90+ minutes in them for the final.

congratulations italy!

we will see in final!!!!

To every one here doubting Italy and praising Germany, well the game says it all :)

I was with them from the start. And no Milanista, they're definitely not "no names".

And my man, Balotelli, Kudos to you :)

I knew Italy had a few tricks ,but seriously It could of been a 4-1 victory. One could say Pirlo`s penalty open the flood gates to confidence. My heart n soul wants Spain to win not because I married a Spanish girl, Lord knows... anyhow `06 is finally over for me . Im not a neutral, but deep inside ,Italy winning wont be a bad thing.

The best football came from Portugal,Germany ,Italy and Spain they deserve to be the last 4.

Oh, and PLF, that's what you get for betting on the Germans ;)

Back
Top Bottom