GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

About the DLC that will also be in the ps3 but u have to know that it will cost 2500 microsoft point and it will not be bigger than vice city or san andreas its just more missions and the size will be between the 2 and 3 gig. Rockstar wants to make money.

The DLC is exclusive to Microsoft, it probably will just be new missions ... in which case it wont be 2-3GB lol

i just read the news that there is guna be a strike on the 29th for all underground tube stations. i was planning on going to work nice early and picking up gta along the way but now im wondering how the hell im gunna go to work

Wow... 2010! That's used to be so in the future where we'd have robots and live on mars

LOL don't even go there, I remember back in the late 90s thinking "Wow I'll be 27 for the Millenium, hope I'm still young enough to enjoy life" now 8 years later and life's about 48,000 times better than then, weird shit :)

yup - im having the same problem on firefox - though 1 in 10 times it will load up zoomed out so i can see everything

Signed up with firefox no problem at all, page fit on one screen with no scrolling needed :)

800pxrooneygoalromadp8.jpg

10 days to go!

is someone in between those 2?

It looks like thats someones hand just above the taxi's front wheel

Rockstar isn't saying much about GTA IV's exclusive Xbox 360 DLC (rumoured to have cost MS upwards of $50m), but the first hints on what we might be able to expect from the downloadable 'episodes' have finally emerged, in the latest issue of Edge magazine.

Speaking to Edge in its massive behind the scenes GTA feature (we almost got our wages docked reading it), Rockstar boss Sam Houser hints that the 360 download content might take the form of random missions, thought it's all dependent on the reaction of fans, he says.

"In the game, you might be walking around and then someone will come up to you and say something like, 'Hey, I need your help', and you'll be like, 'What? This isn't a story mission', and he'll be like, 'You see that room up there? That's my wife and she's f***ing some bloke, and I need you to go and do...' and this little story will unfold from there just randomly," Houser told Egde.

"The opportunity for things like that [with DLC] I would say is enormous. Really, though, for the downloadable content in general, it's about seeing how people get turned on by the game, and then we will tailor the production."

It might not sound like exactly what we were expecting for Microsoft's (alleged) $50m tag, but Houser promises that even if it does come in the from of a mission pack, the 360 DLC will still be "substantial".

"I think the mission packs with the episodes are going to be pretty deep, offering another full-on adventure in this world," he told Edge. "I think we will be in a position to market them not a million miles away from the way the boxed game is marketed."

Assuming people like the game then Houser's sense is that they'll probably like the episodes too, he says.

"And if they like the episodes it will probably make sense to market them aggressively, and we want people to be there on that first day as much as is realistic. Our goal will be to fry those Xbox Live servers - we want to have as many people tune in at that moment as possible."

Don't worry though, the marketing budget isn't going to spawn from your Microsoft Points: "You'll get a lot of content for your money," says Houser. "There are too many stories at the moment of people having the feeling that they're not getting enough for their money in terms of downloadable content.

"I never want people feeling that we've duped them in any way, shape or form. That's something that we've been into from the beginning."

The full 16-page talk with Houser, in which he reveals the stories behind GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and yes, GTA IV, is in Edge 187, on sale March 13.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184564

I'm guessing we won't get the game a day early from Gameplay/Shopto etc because it would have to be sent on a Sunday, cos the games out on Tuesday 29th

Rumor: 360 GTA DLC will be 'Entirely New Cities'

Internet rumor is improbable -- but not impossible. Also, awesome.

Kotaku's got a great GTA IV rumor posted at the moment, clipped from a recent CVG print feature about Rockstar's upcoming new megagame Grand Theft Auto IV.
While you should probably take this latest info with at least a grain of critical salt, the original article was originally published under the watchful auspices of Microsoft -- a company presumably in the know as far their own DLC is concerned. The rumor going round is that GTA IV's downloadable "expansion" content (you know, the stuff exclusive to the Xbox 360) will be large enough in scope to constitute entirely new cities. From the article:

"Of course to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way.
"[GTA IV's expansions] are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

If true, that'd be quite the coup for Microsoft, don't you think? Obviously at this point it's mostly just speculation, and of course nobody's actually saying whether these new cities will constitute anything more than roadside truck stops and wilderness or whether they'll be as full fledged as New Jersey.
Still, the possibility that the GTA IV equivalent to Vice City could be as simple and direct as a download-only bolt-on to the original game isn't so far-fetched as to be unbelievable. This is Rockstar that we're talking about.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167463

This is the second British Mag/site to mention the whole new city thing i wouldn't believe it until i see it but do remember Microsoft did pay 50 Million for this exclusive stuff and a few missions wouldn't seem appropriate.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102217

OXM US version Hands on Multiplayer (Scans)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno if its new to people but its new to me so I figured Id take the time to scan and post it.. Havent even read it yet, but looks like there is maybe 1 defiantly new screen shot on the last page.

Good little read to pass some time..

Well after reading the little context on the bottom of the pages..
One of them states that if you retry a mission the conversation might change between characters.. Now thats something I Like, always hated listening to the same conversation OVER OVER and OVER. Lol

Read the review for this in the Official 360 mag today, the more I read the more excited I get.

I think on release day I may explode

I hope it's not a let down. I'm expecting it to be the best game ever so I'm worried it might be a bit over hyped

How can it be more hyped? I think pretty much EVERYONE on this forum will get this game il be shocked to who wont :|

Working from home is gonna be a nightmare thats for sure! Task one is to actually source the game from somewhere first - just praying my ASDA get enough in and do put it out at midnight...

Surely this will we be the best game any of us have played to date

I just pre-ordered this from Tesco, they seem to be the only place that are delivering on release day now.

I have been thinking of funny things to do to play with Euphoria, so far I have come up with:
Pushing people into moving cars (faster the better)
Pushing people into lampposts
Pushing people into walls
Pushing people down stairs
Pushing people into low rails/walls/fences so they trip over them.
Pushing people into water (higher up the better)
Pushing people off a high place and watch them fall (higher up the better)
Jumping off a building and just watch yourself fall
Just run people over (faster the better)
Get run over
Just fight, online will be better with about 5 people beating 1 ped up :D.
Shoot/hit people in different parts of the body and see how they react
Smash someones head with a sledge hammer
Get someone to jump off a building while you stand at the bottom of it and then smash them with a baseball bat at the bottom (online)
Get someone to climb a telephone pole and then someone crash into it with a car, making it fall over with someone at the top (online)

Any more? :-pp

Only 9 days until release! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

OOps edited your post by mistake. Wanted to click quote.

In cops and robber mode, when the team is ready to attack and has grouped up.... chuck a grenade or bomb and run off *hehehehe*

I aint read anything about the game yet

should i read the reviews or just wait till i play the game?

I bet i dont do half the things you can becuase i dont know anything about it

I aint read anything about the game yet

should i read the reviews or just wait till i play the game?

I bet i dont do half the things you can becuase i dont know anything about it

Read the OXM review has all the info you need and will make you wet your pants :w00t:

I'm not going to read anything in detail, I don't mind reading bits and bobs, was excited to read about the celebs making an appearance (don't mention them unspoilered or LemonJelly will chop your bollocks off :lol:), but I don't want to read about the gameplay additions.

Back
Top Bottom