GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

"A Rockstar PR guy started walking Niko through the city while he spoke to me about various features in the game...more music than ever...lots of Eastern European music that hasn't been released in America...very cool stuff. But perhaps the coolest thing I saw while he was playing was when he stopped touching the controller. Niko stood still while Steve was occupied with something and right there, a taxi got rear-ended by another car. What followed was pure magic."

"The cabbie and the guy who hit the taxi jumped out of their cars and approached each other. Once they got in to each others' face the fists started flying. Meanwhile, cars are honking for the two vehicles to get out of the way. The two keep slugging away and a cop pulls up. He jumps out with his pistol drawn and both men throw their hands to the sky, surrendering. The cop then drags the cabbie away (he punched first), puts him in the backseat of the cop car and drives off. The other driver returns to his car, gets in and pulls away."

Sounds awesome :DD

No shit? I'll be chasing the cop car and save the lad to make him my lieutenant

Edit by LJ: Respect other people who might not want the voice acting revealed until they play the game.

Dunno if its been posted but Ricky Gervais performs in the comedy club on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

WHAAAT?

How?

There are real life celebrity in game apparently he one of them this is what i heard elsewhere. :))

Info has emerged that Ricky Gervais will be making an appearance in GTA IV. Interestingly, he wont be playing a character in the game, and will instead play himself, performing a stand-up routine in one of the Comedy Club located in Liberty City that you can frequent throughout the course of your time with the title. Furthermore, it has been revealed that Gervais has written and preformed new material to be used exclusively in the game, so if you’ve already heard all his other stand up stuff you’ll now have something new to laugh at.

Recent rumours have hinted that other real world people could be making an appearance throughout the course of the game as well, although Gervais remains the only one confirmed as of yet. However, it should be noted that his appearance does give credence that other will appear too.

Oh, and no, we don’t know if you can shoot him. Sorry.

Guys, although this is out in the press, not everyone wants to know this information. Please use the spoiler tags.

"Future Publishing have just released their CVG GTA IV special. The whole magazine is dedicated to the biggest videogame franchise of the 21st Century. What stands out is their blatant lust for the Xbox 360 version over the PlayStation 3 version. Why? Because of the Downloadable Content of course. CVG compares the Xbox 360 exclusive DLC to the Vice City & San Andreas games in space and scope, and claims the DLC will feature a brand new city.

I've included the whole quote here so the comments can be viewed in their full context.

"Of course, to call games as vastly ambitious as Vice City or San Andreas mere 'expansion packs' seems childish, but nevertheless, the downloadable content (DLC) coming for the Xbox 360 version of IV has repositioned those games in just this way. DLC so far has meant the odd new car, jumper of bit of horse armour, but GTA IV is set to completely redefine the idea with expansions that are to GTA IV what Vice City or San Andreas were GTA III. Yes, Rockstar is clearly hinting at new downloadable cities; and the chances of them being London, Vice City or SA again are slim to none. So that's new as in brand new. GTA IV's Liberty City is the beginning. Think about that and be excited."

What should be noted is that this special edition magazine has been sponsored by Microsoft. There are advertisements for the Xbox 360 edition of GTA IV (with DLC) as well as other 360 games including Ninja Gaiden II and Lost Odyssey. In this context the comments by CVG sound suspiciously like advertorial - e.g. paid for editorial. If this is the case than CVG really should follow proper journalistic standards and clearly label the piece as such.

Nevertheless a full new GTA city coming to Xbox 360 in Autumn? Those Houser brothers better get their skates on."

http://www.playthree.net/2008/04/cvg-gta-iv-xbox-dlc-will-be-bigger-than.html

That does sound good (even with the M$ bias in the mag), but I maintain it will be no good for people like me who will have little time to play the main game, let alone a 10hr DLC pack! :D

Anyway... anyone keeping an eye on this:-

http://www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/

Registration opens today for when the game launches. Hope this tie in works better than some other attempts at web/game crossovers (Skate for one).

Sounds very ambitious (live map of 'crime' happening - so as a murder happens in your game, the site gets updated with the info. At any time, you can log onto the site and see crime 'hotspots' - what area most murders are committed etc).

The guys of PSM3 are under shock about the quality of the game and they say online is equal to solo mode.

A whole city as DLC?

Though the size of vice city? Surely that's going to be gigantic!

But something that big couldn't be classed as 10 hours of extra content

ESPECIALLY as they said it was episodic DLC... so GTA stories episode 1... episode 2... extra missions and items ... which you could then say would add X amount of time

But if this game - the retail disc - is going to be the size of GTa3... which was smaller than Vice City and far far smaller than SA... how the hell are they going to get extra cities to work that are larger than the in game disc city?

And are the 360 core users just ignored, and heavily pushed towards buying the HDD?

Something M$ promised they wouldn't do!?

Seems very very dodgy

Especially if the article is heavily 360 bias... could just be M$ pushing their own by putting out rumours of the DLC instead of facts.

Though the final nail would be that Dan Houser said in last months Edge that it is just going to be extra missions :SS

Last edited:

Signed up, although no idea when I'll actually be buying the game, considering I have no idea which "region" I'll be ending up in, very confusing ;)

what resolution is the rockstar social club site because half the site hangs off my screen!

One time a pop up version came up that fitted perfectly but it hasn't popped up since

About the DLC that will also be in the ps3 but u have to know that it will cost 2500 microsoft point and it will not be bigger than vice city or san andreas its just more missions and the size will be between the 2 and 3 gig. Rockstar wants to make money.

YES we'll get the game early because ive got an mate in holland who works in an gameshop and he said that they'll expect the game on 26 april so i hope it happens in UK as well.

Last edited:

I'm afraid once the games released EA will finally take over TakeTwo and any DLC the size of citys will end up becoming our yearly GTA game

This time next year we'll be looking at a CGI trailer put together by EA to hype GTA 2010

Wow... 2010! That's used to be so in the future where we'd have robots and live on mars

Signed up to the social club.

I've registered on the Social Club, did anybody else have a problem with the site? I had to go to full screen to be able to register, it wouldn't scroll down at all. I'm using firefox.

I've registered on the Social Club, did anybody else have a problem with the site? I had to go to full screen to be able to register, it wouldn't scroll down at all. I'm using firefox.

Same problem here, so I went to internet explorer to register instead.

Ahh just a Firefox problem then, hope they get it sorted before the game is released. I don't have IE, and can't install it. :/

yup - im having the same problem on firefox - though 1 in 10 times it will load up zoomed out so i can see everything

Back
Top Bottom