GTA IV - SPOILER THREAD!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

Nick there are quite a few people in that thread who have answered that already

Saying that it looks as thought alot have stopped pre-ordering :LOL:

Last edited:

i edit above to add that alot have people have stopped pre-ordering now

i was gonna do the HMV deal but they have ran out of stock.

Now i need a reliable place that may get it too me a day before release, any idea lads?

Not happy we only have limited create a characters online - BUT i guess the advantage someone would have from making a skinny tiny person over a big lard arse would mean groups of cheating stat whore teams online all as pencil thin midgets.

My only concern is that the online community end up like all other online shooters --- 60,000 DM and TDM games and 3 of everything else

Every GTA game in america has sold out prerelease and you ussually have to wait for the second shipments 5 days later to get a copy if you havent preordered

UK retailers strain under glut of GTAIV preorders

UK gamers who didn't pre-order Grand Theft Auto IV might have a hard time getting their hands on the title when it's released April 29. MCV reports that major retailers across the UK are struggling to keep up with early demand for Rockstar North's upcoming game, and anticipate shortages around the time of release.

A representative from UK retailer Play.com states that GTAIV is already the best-selling title on PS3, according to their records, but hopes to have enough copies in stock on launch day to accommodate customers who didn't pre-order. GAME, meanwhile, is already anticipating shortages, with a message on their website alerting customers that pre-ordered any later than April 6 that they may not receive the title on launch day. Fearing a similar shortage, Gamestation has stopped taking pre-orders altogether. We're not entirely sure, but we think Rockstar may be on to something with this "Grand Theft Auto" business.

UK gamers who didn't pre-order Grand Theft Auto IV might have a hard time getting their hands on the title when it's released April 29. MCV reports that major retailers across the UK are struggling to keep up with early demand for Rockstar North's upcoming game, and anticipate shortages around the time of release.

A representative from UK retailer Play.com states that GTAIV is already the best-selling title on PS3, according to their records, but hopes to have enough copies in stock on launch day to accommodate customers who didn't pre-order. GAME, meanwhile, is already anticipating shortages, with a message on their website alerting customers that pre-ordered any later than April 6 that they may not receive the title on launch day. Fearing a similar shortage, Gamestation has stopped taking pre-orders altogether. We're not entirely sure, but we think Rockstar may be on to something with this "Grand Theft Auto" business.

Hahaha losers I can't believe people didn't pre-order it.

lol. What's the deal with pre-ordering anyway? Apologies if I don't understand, it just doesn't make sense to beat the rush unless Rockstar said that "we will ONLY be producing 'x' number of games". Man, then we might have a real 'State of Emergency' situation. -Har har har. Pshhh.

lol. What's the deal with pre-ordering anyway? Apologies if I don't understand, it just doesn't make sense to beat the rush unless Rockstar said that "we will ONLY be producing 'x' number of games". Man, then we might have a real 'State of Emergency' situation. -Har har har. Pshhh.

exacly. i work in the west end so hopefuly i can get one in the shop has i be queing up in zavvi megastore before 9am. if i dont get one in the first week, no biggie i can wait its only a game and im married so i have plenty of things to occupy myself besides gaming.

even if i get in on 29th i doubt i have the time to play it for hours like some of you guys so im cool

That's why

I pre order on big games and new consoles just so i know for a fact 100% that I will have a copy waiting for me in the store - on most games you're fine not pre ordering - but when something huge comes around I pre order just to be safe.

It also could depend on where you live and what store you're buying the game from - But GTA... come on... this is the biggest game of the year easily.

I can't believe people have NOT pre ordered it ages ago

Last edited:

Not to start a console flaming contest, but which version is supposed to be superior? I remember reading an article from GTA producer saying that the base was ps3 and that they were having difficulty getting it all to fit on the 360 dvd.

Has there been any other news on this front?

There are exclusive episodes for the 360 - ive read they add around 10 hours of extra play in total - or was it 10 hours per episode?

PS3 is supposed to be supporting HOME and accomplishments and DLC of some kind at a later date

- Im guessing after the 360 gets its exclusive content future content will be on both systems

Gameplay wise ive read nothing to suggest it will run worse on a particular system - so you're down to the extras to pick your system really.

Stuff like proffered controllers, same system as your friends, online experiences (Like do you always have lag on PS3 games online and not on the 360 or vice versa) PS3 HOME etc...

i havnt pre-ordered and if they aint got it in town on release date ill wait till they do

its no big deal, you will get it a week late in a worst case scenerio its not as if you will never get it

Gameplay wise ive read nothing to suggest it will run worse on a particular system - so you're down to the extras to pick your system really.

Stuff like proffered controllers, same system as your friends, online experiences (Like do you always have lag on PS3 games online and not on the 360 or vice versa) PS3 HOME etc...

Considering that reading from DVD is significantly slower than reading from HDD surely the PS3 version will offer improved performance and loading times than the 360 version if installed to HDD? At least for the PS2 installing games to HDD made a huuuge difference.........

Well supposedly 360 games use the HDD as a cache but to what extent? Why does every 360 game constantly access the DVD at full speed if the HDD is a significant cache?

PS3 for me.

The thing about 'Add On Content' (for me anyway), is I barely finish a game - ever. I never have time or patience.

So no point in getting it for a system just because it has exclusive add on missions, I'll prob never get past mission 5 anyway :D

PS3 sounds like its gonna be better longer term anyway and GTA for me has always been about PlayStation.

Back
Top Bottom