[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

first of all, please provide a link to this review so i can put it in context. thank you.
second, it reads to me like he's not a fan of the software! :D
offering DLC is not a subsciption model!
i havent driven AM2 yet but from the yt videos i've seen, i'd say its a good looking racing sim!

carlist-jpg.7845

tracklist-jpg.7846
well, that content looks quite ok for me, for 40 bucks!
I liked AMS2 during developing but they turn other route and now I can say I can't feel connection between car and track, it's like floating boat.
If I can suggest you, try RaceRoom. I keep coming back and back to this sim, maybe not fancy features like dynamic weather but it's closest thing to real racing for me, ai is amazing, track and class variety are best for any sim out there. DTM, GT3, TCR, Porsche Cup cars, all are different beasts and have learning curve to master them. Keep in mind that this month they will release revamped ffb system that will make the sim even more enjoyable from what I read.

@PRO_TOO I bought AM on steam on sale last year but my pc struggled a bit with it so I kind of left it. Given my graphics card has now died I won't be getting back to it any time soon but I'm looking forward to giving it a good go. On better news re the graphics I managed to update the onboard drivers, found two 2mb sticks of ram in my old pc in the loft so put those in the two empty slots and now have 12mb ram, all of which has helped me to play PES 6 (albeit without kitserver) but it's something to keep me going at least!

So sometime in the distant future when things are back from rip off prices AM will be one of the first games I get to when I update the PC.

Last night I picked up Game Builder Garage. I was really looking forward to this one, because it's something I want to work with and I hope I can get the gist of it when the time comes to look for a new job.
Then while I was looking at the new Switch releases, I saw Unfinished Pixel had put out a new version of Super Soccer Blast. Picked that up too and promptly deleted the first one. SSB America vs. Europe is an improvement over the original: more teams, slightly better gameplay, more camera options and animations, and the game still maintains that arcadey, pick up and play feel (although it could be a little faster).

Nothing

Got a PS5, bought a new tv and am not playing a single thing.

I feel like football games were my gateway into playing other games, and now there are none of them to play............Was thinking of buying the new Rachet and Clank but I'm not paying £70 for a game, even £55 with discounts is a little steep. So basically I'm stuck.

Nothing

Got a PS5, bought a new tv and am not playing a single thing.

I feel like football games were my gateway into playing other games, and now there are none of them to play............Was thinking of buying the new Rachet and Clank but I'm not paying £70 for a game, even £55 with discounts is a little steep. So basically I'm stuck.
200.gif

do you have playstation plus subscribtion!? some free games await you!
did you check the PS5 Plus Collection yet? https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/PlayStation_Plus_Collection

plenty of games to play without spending a dime! enjoy!

- Titanfall 2... I came back to this and find the multiplayer tight, refreshing and well balanced. I usually don't like futuristic shooters but this one is something special and incredibly fun. I haven't played the campaign but heard its really good
- Yakuza Like a Dragon... Have to say I'm liking it, haven't played a turn based jrpg since probably 10 years, I'm liking this one's story (although the beginning is very cutscene heavy, its interesting). Laid back no button smashing
- Downloaded GR Wildlands but just played 1 mission, looks cool but need more time to learn stealthy-ness as I just went all in shooting

- Titanfall 2... I came back to this and find the multiplayer tight, refreshing and well balanced. I usually don't like futuristic shooters but this one is something special and incredibly fun. I haven't played the campaign but heard its really good
- Yakuza Like a Dragon... Have to say I'm liking it, haven't played a turn based jrpg since probably 10 years, I'm liking this one's story (although the beginning is very cutscene heavy, its interesting). Laid back no button smashing
- Downloaded GR Wildlands but just played 1 mission, looks cool but need more time to learn stealthy-ness as I just went all in shooting
Titanfall 2 very very underated

Saw credits on Ghost of Tsushima, I will have a good talk about it in the respective thread soon, brilliant game, great story, absolutely stunning to look at, and the loading times hardly noticeable, top marks from me.
Also just so great to finish a game for once *sees God of War and Horizon ZD giving me the evil eye*

I should realy more play this game:

:D:BRMM:

Do someone know if it is correct that the devs in ETS2 has reworked the germany map?
But I need a PC wheel... damn money!

I liked AMS2 during developing but they turn other route and now I can say I can't feel connection between car and track, it's like floating boat.
If I can suggest you, try RaceRoom. I keep coming back and back to this sim, maybe not fancy features like dynamic weather but it's closest thing to real racing for me, ai is amazing, track and class variety are best for any sim out there. DTM, GT3, TCR, Porsche Cup cars, all are different beasts and have learning curve to master them. Keep in mind that this month they will release revamped ffb system that will make the sim even more enjoyable from what I read.

I'd suggest get both - particularly as you can play RaceRoom for free and if you like it, you can buy additional content later.

AMS2 and RaceRoom are my 2 favourite sims. I agree RaceRoom is still a bit better in terms of physics but Sector3 have been working on that game for 8+ years. AMS2 is younger and Reiza are continuously working very hard on it, so it is becoming better and better and has a huge amount of excellent content and features, as well as gfx that look beautiful and run well even on mid-range PCs.

Two excellent sims and a few other great ones out there - rFactor2, ACC, AC, AMS1, iRacing - we are spoiled for choice. Shame we can't say the same for current football games.

I'd suggest get both - particularly as you can play RaceRoom for free and if you like it, you can buy additional content later.

AMS2 and RaceRoom are my 2 favourite sims. I agree RaceRoom is still a bit better in terms of physics but Sector3 have been working on that game for 8+ years. AMS2 is younger and Reiza are continuously working very hard on it, so it is becoming better and better and has a huge amount of excellent content and features, as well as gfx that look beautiful and run well even on mid-range PCs.

Two excellent sims and a few other great ones out there - rFactor2, ACC, AC, AMS1, iRacing - we are spoiled for choice. Shame we can't say the same for current football games.
how do you like the new RaceRoom FFB system?! if i'm correct there was a new one introduced not to long ago.

Man,.... i need a PC for my Sim needs badly! :CALM:

I really like the new FFB. The old was already pretty good but had a specific characteristic that I didn't like and was the main reason I didn't play RaceRoom as much as I might. But the new FFB resolves that and improves their whole FFB system significantly. Driving some of the cars in that game is now such a pleasure, even with my humble G29.

Yalla Simulator 😁
Insurgency Sandstorm

It's a realy nice game. But I play most of the time Coop.

Booted up SNES online on Switch, hoping for some ISS or ISS deluxe maybe, unfortunately the new games added were some shit3. So decided to retry a Super Soccer go, and beat the damn Nintendo Team after 25 years. :P:BAND:But seems, i am completely out of shape.

First attempt and I could clearly watch my 10 years old self, yelling at me, laughing and mocking me hard. Just as an excuse seems Holland is not good at this game/era, checked their stats and they are Huddersfield of this game :P Belgium, the easiest team of this game, humiliated me totally...
IMG_20210722_132002.jpg
So decided to go cheat mode, between Brazil/Germany, picked Germany. It was a dramatic match, but did the come back in last minutes!!
IMG_20210722_133550.jpg
I hope those shitty passwords do work next time I will want to continue, cause back in the SNES days they used to let me down too often. Although PASSWORDS for ISS were those really shitty one mess! :)

And i need a lot trainning , to become relative again. WTF how i was playing effectivelly, when i was 10 years old??!!!
There is no hope, if i struggle to win the first team of the tournament!

Last edited:
Got a PS5 last saturday and bought Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Finished the main story yesterday night.
Loved the game. It's exactly what I expected from Gen5. Graphics are borderline real at times. I was shocked. Everything flows so smoothly.
Gameplay is great although at times it gets a little too frantic and chaotic. Almost made me have seizures.

I have no other games at the moment.
Wanted to buy FIFA 21 but it didn't seem like a good idea, being just over 2 months away before 22 is out - even though 21 is only 14 dollars right now. So I don't know.

Last week I had played Insurgency Sandstorm, and Fifa21 old gen and after unistallation this today Mafia Defentiv Edition.

ACC on PC, AMS2 on PC, MSFS on PC...

PC freaking everywhere! :LOL:

sorry guys, i'm just a happy fella (with my sim racing rig) who wants to share! footage of my driving escapades are follwoing for sure! :BOP:

Back
Top Bottom