[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Been playing the trial for The Crew: Motorfest and I quite like it. Driving is fun and there seems to be a good variety of cars and events. It does have its share of annoyances, I don't know why every time I start I have to be walking around inside some car showroom. Then I have to exit and drive back to the place I was last playing. Most of the time I would rather just pick races off a menu.
I used to be a big racing game guy but much less so now. Even old style arcade racers which I was all in for back in the day (looking at Outrun Online Arcade on PS3, RIP) just don't do it for me anymore. I do like Grid: Legends quite a bit, it gives me a nostalgic feeling for the classic Toca Touring Car games and it has the brilliant feature of other drivers making big mistakes.
Motorfest doesn't really have that but it is a lot of fun to play. It's on sale right now (55 pounds), it's only a month old but was probably generally overlooked because there are just so many bloody good games this year. I might be tempted to just buy it.

edit: Just now I was playing a final event in a "playlist" (because of course it has to be called something like that) and my only opponent actually did make a massive mistake which resulted in my overtaking and winning. Unlike Grid I can't watch the race back and see what he did wrong (he was way ahead and suddenly his arrow just stopped) but it's still pretty cool.
I really enjoy Grid Legends. How would you compare motorfest vs forza horizon?

I really enjoy Grid Legends. How would you compare motorfest vs forza horizon?
I haven't played that much Horizon but it's probably a bit more polished and straightforward. Motorfest definitely tries to be a bit too cool at times and there seems to be quite a bit of microtransactions of extra cars and stuff.

There is a type of a stone wall all over the place in Motorfest which I swear is just lifted straight from Forza Horizon 4. you can drive through it at speed and it looks and feels pretty much the same in both games.

Last edited:
Mostly racing games up until 2 days ago.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is Da Bomb. Don't think I ever played racing game that would have such good physics and cars would have such good connection with the surface..

Anyways - I said until two days ago, coz while I was installing all the racing games I could find (for testing purposes) - I also installed Snowrunner.

Holy shit what a game that is.. been playing it non stop since. Mostly I'm just stuck in the mud, but there is something insanely satisfying and incredibly immersive in trying to get through it.
You are fighting for every inch and the squelching and spraying of mud around you feels so cool (especially when you're in warm and clean bed :LOL: )

Mostly racing games up until 2 days ago.
Assetto Corsa Competizione is Da Bomb. Don't think I ever played racing game that would have such good physics and cars would have such good connection with the surface..

Anyways - I said until two days ago, coz while I was installing all the racing games I could find (for testing purposes) - I also installed Snowrunner.

Holy shit what a game that is.. been playing it non stop since. Mostly I'm just stuck in the mud, but there is something insanely satisfying and incredibly immersive in trying to get through it.
You are fighting for every inch and the squelching and spraying of mud around you feels so cool (especially when you're in warm and clean bed :LOL: )
all snow runner needs is the damage soft body physics of beamNG -> perfect game :D imagine ripping your truck in half due to too much torque and being stuck wheel deep in mud

Anyone playing Alan Wake 2? I've started it last night and it's very demanding graphically. 1080p, medium preset (some high options by default of the preset), performance on DLSS, 3060ti, still struggling here and there.

Anyone playing Alan Wake 2? I've started it last night and it's very demanding graphically. 1080p, medium preset (some high options by default of the preset), performance on DLSS, 3060ti, still struggling here and there.

Alan Wake 2 is next on my list after I finish Spider-Man 2.

Been playing Spider-Man 2 pretty much all week and so far it is same sort of game as the original, but after about 12 hours of playing the game it is starting to seriously drag and become incredibly repetitive.
Wanted to complete quickly as so know the story but really struggling with having to pick and play it at the moment.

Other than football games, I retook Dead Cells for some quick run here and there. Bought it on sale like 5 years ago and it didn't clicked at first (not given it much of a chance either), I casually installed and tried it again some week ago and oh boy, between the combat system, the fast and super fluid action, the variety of perks/items etc. it's absolutely pure fun, not to mention the art, the subtle humour and the general retro/not retro atmosphere. Judging but what I?ve read around, I've no idea if I'll still have this fun when I'll reach to the higher difficulties, but even if I'd just drop it after the first succesful runs or something it would have been more than worth it.

Only real bad thing, is that sometimes you'll discover a path to a new, main location.. which is tied to a DLC. Kinda lame way to promote them imho.

Last couple of days I wanted to have a rest from racing games, so I've been going through some small, short, indie ones.

Started from "Brothers - Take of Two Sons".
This was very good and quite an epic little journey, so I downloaded shit tons of similar cool little games I could find on gamepass and PS Extra.

And today I finished "Bramble - The mountain king". Holy fuck, guys, I was going into this game thinking it will be a magical, cute story about siblings lost in enchanted forest.
Things took such a dark turn and entire game gone so dark and creepy that I would say - It's a must play for anyone on Xbox.
It only took me around 5/6 hours to complete, so I'm not sure if 30quid price tag on Playstation is not a bit steep (especially since there is almost no replayability), but for those on Xbox - play it. just not with your kids around.

Last couple of days I wanted to have a rest from racing games, so I've been going through some small, short, indie ones.

Started from "Brothers - Take of Two Sons".
This was very good and quite an epic little journey, so I downloaded shit tons of similar cool little games I could find on gamepass and PS Extra.

And today I finished "Bramble - The mountain king". Holy fuck, guys, I was going into this game thinking it will be a magical, cute story about siblings lost in enchanted forest.
Things took such a dark turn and entire game gone so dark and creepy that I would say - It's a must play for anyone on Xbox.
It only took me around 5/6 hours to complete, so I'm not sure if 30quid price tag on Playstation is not a bit steep (especially since there is almost no replayability), but for those on Xbox - play it. just not with your kids around.
Brothers is a brilliant game, played it with my daughter, and also Little nightmares plus Inside

Brothers is a brilliant game, played it with my daughter, and also Little nightmares plus Inside
Oh! I didn't know about Inside! Will add it to the list. Cheers!!! Currently I have:
- Brothers: Tale of two sons (done)
- Bramble: the Mountain King (done)
- Planet of Lana
- Sommerville
- Little Nightmares
- Little Nightmares 2
- Sea of Solitude
- Unravel 1/2
- Hollow Knight
- Sky: Children of The Light
I presume most of them will be between 3 to 6 hours, so I should be ticking them of fairly swiftly.
But in all honesty - I did not expect them to be that good.
Brothers was epic and Bramble took it to a whole new level.

Oh! I didn't know about Inside! Will add it to the list. Cheers!!! Currently I have:
- Brothers: Tale of two sons (done)
- Bramble: the Mountain King (done)
- Planet of Lana
- Sommerville
- Little Nightmares
- Little Nightmares 2
- Sea of Solitude
- Unravel 1/2
- Hollow Knight
- Sky: Children of The Light
I presume most of them will be between 3 to 6 hours, so I should be ticking them of fairly swiftly.
But in all honesty - I did not expect them to be that good.
Brothers was epic and Bramble took it to a whole new level.
Loved unravel 1-2. especially 2 if you play with somenone.
Xbox was pretty damn good with indie games quite early, they even had an indie section with pretty decent prices from 2016 ish and forward.
Played Sea of solitude as well, great game
You must have played Limbo right? (same studio as Inside)
Will take those not played for my list

I'd like to add 12 Minutes to your list. You're playing a dude trapped in a time warp of - you guess it - 12 minutes and have to find a way out. With every new run you can tweak something for the next one. Brilliant game.

Edit: Looks like it isn't on gamepass anymore.

Last edited:
You must have played Limbo right?
No. Any good? Looked a bit too Black and White on pictures.. :LOL:
I'm more into the likes of "Ori".
Btw.Both Ori's were brilliant, but played them both before on Switch

@shumway heard about 12 minutes but I'm more into games with some sort of journey rather than one big puzzle.

No. Any good? Looked a bit too Black and White on pictures.. :LOL:
I'm more into the likes of "Ori".
Btw.Both Ori's were brilliant, but played them both before on Switch

@shumway heard about 12 minutes but I'm more into games with some sort of journey rather than one big puzzle.
Its all black and white but a really good game.
First Ori was one of my first non sports games on my XB1, loved it

In anticipation of my Airbus Officer Pack arriving today… i sat down last night and set up MSFS Multi Monitoring the first time. No more distortion on the side screens like when choosing eyefinity… now it’s all in proportion and offers plenty of detail. The cockpit looks so good now…
30 fps on ultra/high… that’s all my lil system can handle, but it’s smooth.

Can’t wait to hook up the flight stick and throttle control and lift off with an A320 tonight!! 🥳

Last edited:
I purchased Age of Empires IV recently! As a huge AOE2 fan, I was expecting a lot from AOE4, and the game is actually really good, retaining a lot of the classic elements! The only complaint I have so far is a lack of civilizations, right now you can only play with: The Abassids, Chinese, Delhi Sultanate, French, English, Holy Roman Empire, Mongols, Rus, Ottomans, and Malians, while AOE2 extended edition has a crazy amount of civilizations!

1699383102035.png

They're going to release "The Sultans Ascend", in which you can play with the Byzantines and the Japanese soon, but I am debating whether to purchase it, or to go back to AOE2 with its insanely fun custom campaigns. I wish more civilizatons were available, but this of course, is a brilliant game. :)

In anticipation of my Airbus Officer Pack arriving today… i sat down last night and set up MSFS Multi Monitoring the first time. No more distortion on the side screens like when choosing eyefinity… now it’s all in proportion and offers plenty of detail. The cockpit looks so good now…
30 fps on ultra/high… that’s all my lil system can handle, but it’s smooth.

Can’t wait to hook up the flight stick and throttle control and lift off with an A320 tonight!! 🥳
Have you seen that guy on YouTube who built a full realistic cockpit in his room through a US company? I don't remember right now his name or the name of the company. He has a full cockpit of a Boeing if I'm not mistaken with 2 seats and 6 screens.

Have you seen that guy on YouTube who built a full realistic cockpit in his room through a US company? I don't remember right now his name or the name of the company. He has a full cockpit of a Boeing if I'm not mistaken with 2 seats and 6 screens.
Don’t think so… but yeah… crazy cockpits out there for sure! 🥳👌

the stick does its job, the throttle feels cheap. I’m thinking going stick only as it’s a got a throttle control as well
but the comfort now while steering the plane with stick is much better.

I was thinking to create a new thread about it but before doing so I would like to ask all fellow EvoWeber's if they have children, what games their children are playing and why most of them stick to online games like Fortnite, Roblox etc.
I'm asking because, despite my many successful efforts to make them play single player games which educate them and make them use their brain more (Civilization, Talos Principle and a lot of RPG games, mostly turn based ones), they keep on coming back and playing with their friends stupid games online such as Fortnite, Roblox etc. I don't mind them playing a bit of Minecraft because I find it a bit creative but ofc I have limited drastically their time when playing Fortnite.
I understand eras have changed, I'm in my mid 40s and I hate online gaming (the majority of it, I love games like Headbangers).
Do I need to be more strict? They're interested in single player games but if they're friends are playing all the other mindless online games I feel a bit stucked.

I was thinking to create a new thread about it but before doing so I would like to ask all fellow EvoWeber's if they have children, what games their children are playing and why most of them stick to online games like Fortnite, Roblox etc.
I'm asking because, despite my many successful efforts to make them play single player games which educate them and make them use their brain more (Civilization, Talos Principle and a lot of RPG games, mostly turn based ones), they keep on coming back and playing with their friends stupid games online such as Fortnite, Roblox etc. I don't mind them playing a bit of Minecraft because I find it a bit creative but ofc I have limited drastically their time when playing Fortnite.
I understand eras have changed, I'm in my mid 40s and I hate online gaming (the majority of it, I love games like Headbangers).
Do I need to be more strict? They're interested in single player games but if they're friends are playing all the other mindless online games I feel a bit stucked.
First tip:

Don't consider them stupid online games.

Probably your parents said the same about the games you were playing. Hell In played Mortal Kombat, Doom and Street Fighter 2 as a kid.

Games like Fortnite with it's building mechanics and all will still instill a lot of problem solving techniques, quickness in decision making, will help hand eye coordination and also can be through all the different situations be a tool in furthering the conflict resolution topics.

There are negatives to Online Gaming but seeing Roblox or Fortnite as bad for Kids is the same mindset as other people showed in our youths about video games (rotting the brains of the kids, violent, makes them addicted etc).

Theres different games my daughter likes. shes 7 so I dont think shes interested in civilization, but she does like switch games (dancing ones, mario, plataform), she likes minecraft and the sims. But her go-to is roblox, I dont know why she likes it either, but I guess becuase she can jump in from game to game and likes to interact with other people. I feel its simple enough to just jump in and chill for her. at the end of the day, as long as there's no bad words or excessive violence I let her play whatever she enjoys. i feel videogames can help you unwind, doesnt matter what age, most of the games I play dont require brainwork and thats ok w me.

Back
Top Bottom