[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

its mad, a lot of old games I try where I have the same issue. graphics dont bother me, but controls make them simply unplayable. its crazy how controls and feel of characters changed over the years
sure does, this one was a tricky one, Mouse and keyboard for on foot, a poorly remapped conroller for driving,its going to be a tough ride...
The graphics dont bother me either

Finished Spider-Man: Miles Morales in preparation for ASM 2. I fell off it back in the day for no real reason, it's very good. Harder than the first game, I finished that one above default difficulty but after trying that again with MM I moved it back down.

Struggling with OG Mafia and my schizo controller schemes, so jumped on OG Mafia 2, havent played that in a while, brilliant game, plus PES13 and Skyrim

Tried playing Plagues Tale: Requiem this week.
Felt like a massive real struggle to get into it.

Played the first one and wasn't too bad, but this one it is essentially exactly the same game but the reasons to go somewhere and do something seem pointless.
Chapter 3 you have to do an hour mission to get a flower on the edge of town (Why??)

Finding it a massive chore and will likely now give up on it.

Tried playing Plagues Tale: Requiem this week.
Felt like a massive real struggle to get into it.

Played the first one and wasn't too bad, but this one it is essentially exactly the same game but the reasons to go somewhere and do something seem pointless.
Chapter 3 you have to do an hour mission to get a flower on the edge of town (Why??)

Finding it a massive chore and will likely now give up on it.
I don't remember this mission, I do remember some flower collectibles that were also in the first game. Misssions/chapters tend to drag a bit in Requiem but it's mostly done for the narrative and the overall mood of the game which sets a more depressing approach like an alternative movie. I found the game 10x times better than the first one.

I don't remember this mission, I do remember some flower collectibles that were also in the first game. Misssions/chapters tend to drag a bit in Requiem but it's mostly done for the narrative and the overall mood of the game which sets a more depressing approach like an alternative movie. I found the game 10x times better than the first one.

Maybe will stick with it then.
The first game was pretty decent, but just can't get into the 2nd one.

Maybe it is just too much of the same.

UBOAT

It is kinda nice game with thrilling fights. But I'm still playing the tutorials. But watched some YT videos too.
And it is on sale for ~ 10€ on steam.

reminds me of that submarine simulator game, can't remember the name, that was good.
Yes indeed. It was released in 2019 or so?

It is a submarine simulator with micromanagement features for the crew.

Farming Simulator 2022 was a freebie on PS Plus.

Man, I never knew how long I'd spend pissing about making a farm yard.

I spent most of sunday just setting up my house and outdoor area, I've not even brought a bloody tractor yet and been on it god knows how many hours 🚜😂😂

Back to playing Valheim again as not played it since it was incredibly popular on initial release.
Currently in the Mistlands.
Have to get back to it. Got so lost in building base that I never even got pass second boss.
Plus there was a bug on Xbox where you could lose your entire save if save file became too large. So I walked away till they fix it

Have to get back to it. Got so lost in building base that I never even got pass second boss.
Plus there was a bug on Xbox where you could lose your entire save if save file became too large. So I walked away till they fix it

I currently play on just a private server, as have an Intel NUC which is used for whichever game we are playing at the time.

The game was pretty boring at the beginning with the grind, but one you get into the Swamp and the Mountains it massively starts improving and the new Mistlands are absolutely brutal and I am dying all the time.

Have not done much building this time around as mainly trying to rush through it to get to the Mistlands.
I also believe there is another biome after the Mistlands called Ashlands, but we are quite far from taking on the Mistlands boss at this point.

also believe there is another biome after the Mistlands called Ashlands
I don't think it's there yet. It's planned, but not added yet. Eventually there will be two after Mistlands - Deep North (all the way up, well, north :LOL:) and Ashlands (far south)

Going between hovering over MK1 and a couple other games to maybe buy, to just going back to Hitman: Freelancer. With the absolute tsunami of great games this year I find myself buying unusually few of them. Of course, ASM 2 is almost here so there will be that.

I am waiting for Amazing Spider-Man 2 to come out and will be playing it over half term.
Hopefully it is not stupidly long as the previews are suggesting.

As enjoyed the first game and Miles Morales was let down by the stupid story and was super easy when you got the electric suite.

Spider-Man never throws up in his mask because he ate a rotten squirrel he cooked on an open fire in the woods so I can see why this wouldn't be a game for you.
Nothing personal against aul spidey, I don't like any superhero stuff. Be that games, movies or TV shows. Unless it's Jon Bernthal's 'Punisher', or 'The Boys'.
Coz they are awesome.

Been playing the trial for The Crew: Motorfest and I quite like it. Driving is fun and there seems to be a good variety of cars and events. It does have its share of annoyances, I don't know why every time I start I have to be walking around inside some car showroom. Then I have to exit and drive back to the place I was last playing. Most of the time I would rather just pick races off a menu.
I used to be a big racing game guy but much less so now. Even old style arcade racers which I was all in for back in the day (looking at Outrun Online Arcade on PS3, RIP) just don't do it for me anymore. I do like Grid: Legends quite a bit, it gives me a nostalgic feeling for the classic Toca Touring Car games and it has the brilliant feature of other drivers making big mistakes.
Motorfest doesn't really have that but it is a lot of fun to play. It's on sale right now (55 pounds), it's only a month old but was probably generally overlooked because there are just so many bloody good games this year. I might be tempted to just buy it.

edit: Just now I was playing a final event in a "playlist" (because of course it has to be called something like that) and my only opponent actually did make a massive mistake which resulted in my overtaking and winning. Unlike Grid I can't watch the race back and see what he did wrong (he was way ahead and suddenly his arrow just stopped) but it's still pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom