[FULL GAME] PES 2008 OUT...

The full version is a lot better then the demo, it's still a great game that i will be playing for hours on end, but some of the decisions are baffling. I waited for so many years to have home and away, and for them to take it away is just crazy. They have taken 2 features i loved in the last 2 versions, first the custom outfits, i loved that so much now the home and away, i guess i better leave pes6 installed as well. :(

Have you got the REAL full version?

If so....does any of this shit exist in it.....

???

Until full version becomes available, I am playing downloaded copy of the game and there are quite a few causes for concern regarding both gameplay and presentation that I never noticed in the demo.

Last edited:
what setup you running, it might depend on hardware. I know that on pes6 that you need your monitor driver installed to see proper res options.

what setup you running, it might depend on hardware. I know that on pes6 that you need your monitor driver installed to see proper res options.

I have all the drivers and a super pc(Core2duo E6600, gforce 8800gtx, 2gb ram, etc), so that's not the problem...

The problem is fucking lazy Konami...

Cheers

no untucked shirts!!!!!!!?, No shit, it can't be true, i can't understand why the heck would Konami fucks erase That simple thing they'r the most stupid guys i have ever seen.
Please make it a lie. i would die to see no untucked shirt for C. Ronaldo

:roll:
no untucked shirts!!!!!!!?, No shit, it can't be true, i can't understand why the heck would Konami fucks erase That simple thing they'r the most stupid guys i have ever seen.
Please make it a lie. i would die to see no untucked shirt for C. Ronaldo

I think they have certain players in the game with untucked shirts, its just that there is no option to change players that havent got it already. Strange, but there are alot of strange things happening on the option side of Pes. Konami have removed alot of things for no reason which is ashame...however from what im hearing the game still plays great :O)

Last edited:
Why don't you lots all join your big heads together and create your own football sim game...You guys go on and on about the shortfalls of PES 2008 without even a single word of kudos to Seabass and co... What...you think it's freaking easy to design a game this good....Whatever shortfalls you see (and I bet it's little), pls ignore it...Thank God Konami made PES to be always customizable (and Seabass supports that aspect)...So in the near future, we can expect some juices from the kitserver team, individual adboard, kits, stadium and turf creators..Besides Seabass has promised a total overhaul of PES in the next edition (he says it's gonna hit us like a big bang..) FIFA is shit....Death to EA's exclusive licensing!!!

Last edited:
The full version is a lot better then the demo, it's still a great game that i will be playing for hours on end, but some of the decisions are baffling. I waited for so many years to have home and away, and for them to take it away is just crazy. They have taken 2 features i loved in the last 2 versions, first the custom outfits, i loved that so much now the home and away, i guess i better leave pes6 installed as well. :(

what home and away?

Why don't you lots all join your big heads together and create your own football sim game...You guys go on and on about the shortfalls of PES 2008 without even a single word of kudos to Seabass and co... What...you think it's freaking easy to design a game this good....Whatever shortfalls you see (and I bet it's little), pls ignore it...Thank God Konami made PES to be always customizable (and Seabass supports that aspect)...So in the near future, we can expect some juices from the kitserver team, individual adboard, kits, stadium and turf creators..Besides Seabass has promised a total overhaul of PES in the next edition (he says it's gonna hit us like a big bang..) FIFA is shit....Death to EA's exclusive licensing!!!

if they listen to fans then this game will be 10x better then it is now. im a games developer myself and yes its hard BUT not impossible. everything to make a game succesful is in its design, not in the code itself.

fifa aint that bad of a game. pro evo is imo only slightly better if not equaly has good as fifa. there are bits i love and hate on both games.

It's nice to play the pc verison, after the slowdown of the ps3 version i played

did you install the game on the ps3 harddisk?
on the pc i disabled stadion-effekts and still had no slowdown in about 7 matches in the ml.

//edit: oh i forgot, in the beginning of a match it was raining, after 10min ingame time it stopped (superb sound of the rain btw)

Last edited:
I tried to get it yesterday in holland at the free record shop.
They had a big big stack of pc pes2008, but they did not sell it to me.

Seems that the head office had given instructions not to sell the game before this thursday. So close.....

Maybe its a good thing. I think this time ill wait and read all the comments on this site.
More importantly, ill wait for everyone's experiences regarding the online part, since that is what i will be buying the game for.

If it is all negative i might pass on the 2008 version.

The game runs great on my (weaker) pc, but I don't have any commentary! I chose custom setup, English ingame language and English commentary language but there is no commentary at all! In the settings menu it is at max volume. Can anybody help me please? Reinstall?? Something else? I already called the shop I bought it, but they won't take it back.

Thanks in advance!

The game runs great on my (weaker) pc, but I don't have any commentary! I chose custom setup, English ingame language and English commentary language but there is no commentary at all! In the settings menu it is at max volume. Can anybody help me please? Reinstall?? Something else? I already called the shop I bought it, but they won't take it back.

Thanks in advance!

try resintall. then try reinstall sound card drivers

Sound card drivers are fine. (latest) and I hear all the other sounds! Maybe do a full install and not only select English?

I still have some questions...
-Where can i get the 1280*1024 resolution, cause im just at 1024*768.
-How to do the tricks, haven't found any solution for that yet.
-How to let your player fall, that it looks like a foul. But its a 'schwalbe'.
-How to pull on your opponents shirts :D
-Give some twist to the ball at a free kick.

I hope somebody will be able to answer my questions, by posting the keys for that (hopefully in PC language, not in the Konami PORT XBOX360 keys, which I CAN'T KNOW!)

Cant believe there is no 16:10 support!! Also the highest resolution i can choose is 1024x768! Im sure the community will fix this with lodmixer and other settings.exe, but its unbelievable konami doesnt do this themselves. I guess there are many more users with 16:10 than 16:9 screens so why the hell dont they use 16:10??

Other than that the gameplay seems much better than the demo, especially because the ball doesnt seem to weight 50KG anymore :)

I bought the game yesterday for PC and I must say I am bit dissapointed. The good points and the bad points:

Good points:
* The gameplay: I like the way the game plays. It's more challeging and more realistic. Loving the special moves, the quick free kick etc.
* Animations and players faces look awesome, nothing wrong with it.
* More licenses, wich is always good

Bad points:
* No Boot editor: Just 9 boots to choose from, wich includes 4 defaults and 5 adidas.
*No Preset Hairstyles: If you want to edit a player you can't choose Kaka's hairstyle for example
* No 'off-screen' cursor in game: If your selected player is not on screen, it is hard to see where he is positioned.
* Max resolution (PC) I played on a PC that can handle any game, yet the max. resolution I was able to choose was 1024 x 768, and high settings.
* Missing image? During the matchloading screen, in the left corner, I see an image that says RGB and the pixel meisurements.
* Last but not least; A lot of small things that don't feel right, the layout of the master league, no choice of referee (as far as I know) and most annoying even on 1024x768 terrible slow downs, wich spoils the great gameplay.

I hope a lot will change with patches etc. ( there was a patch for the demo to change the game resolution). As earlier mentioned I agree the game doesn't feel complete. It has been rushed way too much. Time will tell...

Back
Top Bottom