Football Manager 2010

I might give rigid a try. I've started to change the d-line over the last few games and we're starting to play a little better.

I'm waiting to see what might happen at the end of the season. I took the WH job and the press thought it was a step down and it kinda was. But I'm still being linked to the Valencia and Barcelona jobs as their managers are expected to step down and I'm in the frame. So maybe I'll be off to sunny Spain in the summer :)

Not sure if you can even read this Dags if you've still got me on ignore but anyway....

I started a game as West Ham a while back, I played a muddled up 4-4-2 with a wing back on one side of the defence and no left sided midfielder, and a winger on the right and a central attacking midfielder like this.

Code:
|      ST   ST           |
|           AM        RW |
|      CM                |
|LWB        DM           |
|       CB      CB    RB |
|           GK           |

I played fluid, expressive, attacking football with short passing and roaming and I finished 5th in the first season with only a couple of transfers in January.

I think the key to success in FM is keeping your players morale up and giving the right team talks pre match and at half time, tactics are less important IMO.

I'm in 2016. Started with Fiorentina and resigned after winning Serie A. Now i'm managing Getafe and aiming for CL qualification.

Team - Season - Position

Fiorentina 09/10 7th
Fiorentina 10/11 4th
Fiorentina 11/12 2nd
Fiorentina 12/13 1st (Won on last day!)
Getafe 13/14 12th (Took over at 15th in December)
Getafe 14/15 6th
Getafe 15/16 5th (Lost the CL spot on the last day)

:LOL:
3WHe

Not sure if you can even read this Dags if you've still got me on ignore but anyway....

I started a game as West Ham a while back, I played a muddled up 4-4-2 with a wing back on one side of the defence and no left sided midfielder, and a winger on the right and a central attacking midfielder like this.

Code:
|      ST   ST           |
|           AM        RW |
|      CM                |
|LWB        DM           |
|       CB      CB    RB |
|           GK           |

I played fluid, expressive, attacking football with short passing and roaming and I finished 5th in the first season with only a couple of transfers in January.

I think the key to success in FM is keeping your players morale up and giving the right team talks pre match and at half time, tactics are less important IMO.

Just in case ;)

You didn't get swamped down the left wing, Jumbo? Hmm seems too unbalanced but might give it a try :TU:

I'm West Ham, in the Championship, playing Lazio in the EURO Cup ... and the fans are disappointed that we lost! Idiots.

Besides "Work ball into box", any tips for scoring? Besides buying better strikers, I'm having 20 shots on goal and only 4/5 on target. Whereas the CPU has 3 on target and scores 2.

Morale hasn't really been much of a problem, 95% of my players in in "Superb" morale. I'll try lowering the creativity of the strikers tho.

Cheers for the link :TU:

I may start a new FM game in the very near future... What update are you guys using? Cheers

I've started aswell :))

First season with.....Arsenal! ;))

Bought 3 players, two of them are duffs, but are alright for backup. other one is a good defender so that is nice :))

First season in late feb Im 3rd quite tight up the top, Man U are top about 6 points ahead though. Bolton are playing like beasts and are currently 4th!

Playing in the Carling cup final against Chelsea next game. Got defeated in the FA cup away to Rotherham though :ROLL: put out a weakened side, but we battered them just couldn't score and they got a jammy goal.

Playing porto in the champions league first game after group stages drew 2-2 with them away. Have to play my home leg soon.

I will be happy with 3rd and getting to the next stage of the champions league and maybe the league cup if I can beat chelsea. My team is just not strong enough away from home at the moment, need to remedy that in the summer.

Really enjoying it again though :DD

I may start a new FM game in the very near future... What update are you guys using? Cheers

Just the latest 10.3 official patch with their data update.

:LOL: We've all started when FM11 surely can't be far off.

FM 11 will probably be around October I reckon, beta testing hasn't even started yet so still a lot of time to get some games in :)

I ended up getting West Ham promoted through the play-off's but kept declining their contract offer in the hope a bigger team might make an offer. No offer came so they let me go.

Over to Holland and I got us qualified from the Euro qualifications, they're pleased with me.

November 2011 and Fiorentina offer me a job. First game is at home to Parma. A Vargas hat-trick, a Jovetic hat-trick and two from Cassano give us an 8-0 win in my first game :LOL:

Managed to come 2nd in the league, 8points i think behind Man united. I was joint on points with Man City who were 3rd but I had a better goal difference.

Won the league cup, beat Chelsea 2-0 and deserved the win.

Got to the Champions league semi final, played Barca 2-1 to them on aggregate. Fair result really.

So quite happy with that for my first season.

Really struggle away from home against the better teams. Does anybody have any tips on how to play away from home?

Also struggle to get any consistancy out of my players. one game they get 7.5 then a 6.8 then maybe a 5.6 then a 8.8. Really frustrating. All my players overall ratings for the season are shit because of this. What am I doing wrong?

Anyway, hopefully I can sell a few players and get a decent amount to spend in the summer. Need a defender defensive midfielder and a quality striker. Need to start searching.

I've definitely been playing this pretty solid since release. My team is hitting a dip in form right now. I just have to ride it out and maybe grind out some results. I'm still top of the league in mid Jan but the 2 Manchesters are closing fast. Still in all the cups. Might be spreading myself too thin.

Glad to see everyone playing again. I've tried to keep this thread alive.

Also, I'm playing a narrow 4-2-3-1 with 2 mc's but I really want to swtich to a flat 4-4-2. But I really don't have any widemen so will probably cost me the league if I try to swtich. Don't know what to do.

Injuries are starting to catch up with me. I have about 6 players out 3 which play regularly. I have the Carling Cup Final coming up in a couple of weeks. I am also third in the table, 2 points behind Man City.

I'll have Joe post up how we're doing, as I can't access the save :TTTH:

I am loving our game at the moment. Ok so Stuart picked Newcastle at the start, with me going to Sunderland (Didnt fancy Palace).

Season 1:

I was asked to avoid relegation to the championship. Here is the end table,
prem1.jpg

Very happy with this position and so was my board.

Stuart was asked to win promotion. He won the league on the last day (dont even think he was top all season!).
champ1.jpg

Now we both in the Premiership (yet to play each other).
prem2.jpg

Second season for Arsenal.

Won the Premiership with a game to go! was away against Villa. Was down all game 1-0, then 2-1, then 3-2. Managed to win 3-4! was an amazing game. Gave them a rollicking at half time and made a couple of subs which turned the game.

Got to the league cup final and FA cup final, both deserving to win but lost to Man United :(( Rooney was the difference in both games. I need a new keeper and another defender. Bought Jagielka who was doing well, but in that previous Villa game got a 3!! never seen a 3 on a player that wasn't injured before.

Got to the Quarters of the champions league and got beaten by Inter convincingly.

Bought Agbonlahor, hulk, Toulalan and Jagielka and they all played their part in the season.

I rotate quite alot so none of my strikers have a chance to get top goalscorer but all baging quite a few goals each.

I really need to do some research on how to play big games, because I either draw or on the whole lose them :((

I'm looking to get a great keeper, as I think that is one of the reasons I lose alot.

Seeing how much money I get in the summer and might spend big on two players :DD

Also I took over as Brazil manager. Just experimenting in friendlies and won 3 drawn 1

Haven't enjoyed footy manager this much for years.

I wish I had someone to play a network game with. That would be cool.
Good job to everyone. I'm tied atop the league with the Manchesters at 61 points each. But I'm 3rd on goal differential. Got the league cup final against Arsenal coming up soon. About to play my first round knockout match againt Bordeaux in the CL. Just beat Newcastle to get to the 6th round of the FA Cup. Don't think I can keep it up on all these fronts.

My job at Newcastle is currently stable, seeing as I was only asked to secure mid-table for the first season back with the big boys. Joe's done incredibly well at Sunderland (unfortunately...), so I'm not looking forward to playing him.

I keep saying I'll be in the Championship next year because of some proper wank results. Joe keeps pointing out to me though, Newcastle will be in the Championship, I won't... :(

:LOL:

WOW!!!!!!!!! I just had the best match of my life. I'm Fulham (3rd) playing against Aston Villa (5th) at Craven Cottage. I beat them 11-3. I had 4 players have a storming game. I had 6 players finish with a rating above 9 (9.9,9.5, 9.4, 9.4, 9.4, 9.0). That includes a player who came on in the 70th minute. 2 players with a hattrick. They had final ratings of 2.7, 3.2, and 3.2. They had 5 players have a very poor game. 3 players had mistakes led to goal. 3 players with a poor game. I had 16 shots on target and 5 CCC's. What an amazing match. Never seen anything like it. WOW!

right ma peeps, best way to get football manager to run on my netbook it can run it one league medium database, its just gettin it to fit the screen.

Won the copa America with Brazil (beat Argentina 1-0 in the final)

Right now the shit bit, after winning the prem last season and getting to two cup finals and now winning the charity shield. My team has suddenly gone completely shit!

Losing games at home, that I was easily winning before. Getting completely humped away from home aswell.

I basically have the same team from last year and it is still young.

For some reason some of my players are concerned by the unrest in the team etc. Although nothing has fucking happened?!

I assume this has also something to do with me using the same formation for two seasons? other teams have figured me out?

If so it is fucking ridiculous! how can I go from being so good to so shit in a couple of months in the summer?!

Really starting to piss me off, have tweaked my formation, tried a couple of different ones, but no joy at all. Just seems my players have turned to shit?

Has this happened to anybody else? if so how did you remedy it?

Back
Top Bottom