Football Manager 2010

Does anybody know where I can find an update (PC) that includes Russian transfers for 2010? (April deadline)

Thanks!

I started a new game a couple of days ago (as Benfica :) ) and I'm off again.

Played it most of yesterday, then most of the evening ... then went to bed at 10pm and figured I'd play one more match.

I went to sleep at 2am and even then I had to stop myself doing another game :LOL:

Way to go Dags. I'm still playing strong. End of October and I'm 6 points ahead of Man U. I'm in first in my CL group. Into the 5th round of the Carling Cup with some of my youngsters. My goal is to win the league and one of the Cups. Not sure my team is strong enough to win the CL but I'll take a cup.

Finished the season winning the treble and a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies :D

Not much else to do at Benfica so I've resigned and waiting for a new job. Torino approached me but they're in Serie B so I declined. I've expressed an interest in Fulham and Deportivo and their chairman have admitted I'm a serious option. Also Newcastle have been taken over and Hughton sacked, their manager is "Under review" so keeping my eye on that as well.

Any recommendations for good young defenders? I'm managing Nott Forest in the Championship, currently 7th one point outside the play offs. I have a wealth of young attacking options but my defence is leaky.

Managed to get Vito Mannone on loan from Arsenal, who's fantastic at this level. The rest of my defence is leaky at the moment and Chris Gunter aside I want to conduct a complete overhaul. Any recommendations?

Finished the season winning the treble and a clean sweep of all the domestic trophies :D

Not much else to do at Benfica so I've resigned and waiting for a new job. Torino approached me but they're in Serie B so I declined. I've expressed an interest in Fulham and Deportivo and their chairman have admitted I'm a serious option. Also Newcastle have been taken over and Hughton sacked, their manager is "Under review" so keeping my eye on that as well.

Dags go Fulham. I would like to see how you do with them.

Any recommendations for good young defenders? I'm managing Nott Forest in the Championship, currently 7th one point outside the play offs. I have a wealth of young attacking options but my defence is leaky.

Managed to get Vito Mannone on loan from Arsenal, who's fantastic at this level. The rest of my defence is leaky at the moment and Chris Gunter aside I want to conduct a complete overhaul. Any recommendations?

Mathias Jorgensen. Not sure if he will go to a championship side though.

The Fulham board seems to be happy with Hodgson and the vacancy has gone now, as has Deportivo :(

I was offered the Dutch job so I've taken that but made a terrible start. Drew 1-1 with Ukraine in a friendly I was easily expected to win, drew 3-3 with France despite being battered really, and then lost 1-0 to Sweden in the Euro qualifiers :(

Key highlights only, just over normal match speed. With me being an international manager only, I don't have much to do between matches now.

Fucks sake!

Drew 1-1 with Moldova now! Can't seem to get anything right despite hammering teams with 20+ shots!

B, do you seem to have tons of shots and hardly any on target? Had the same with Benfica and now with Holland, even with the likes of Saviola, Cardozo, Huntelaar and Van Persie. Pretty annoying now!

If I have tons of shots I usually have about half on target. Do you players have likes to shoot from distance PPM's? I use work ball into box shout and long distance shooting to rarely or mixed.

Work into box seems to be helping a lot. Also noticing that nearly every corner gets headed over the bar, any tips?

I aim for the far post and have my best header attacking far post. If it's a bad keeper they will jump for the ball but miss and sometimes you have an open net. Using this strategy my CB scored 16 goals last season in all comps.

I hate it when the CB is one of your top scorers but FM seem incapable of letting you devise a realistic corner routine. It's either loads of goals for one player or none at all. In the last save I did (as United) Vidic ended the season with 9 goals and it was only that low because I ended up alternating the attacking corner setup so a different player was getting the goals instead. And that's not even doing the 'corner routine cheat' which can leave you winning matches 7-0 with ease!

Everytime I start a new save I seem to just get bored after a season. On the United save I won the league and Carling Cup with and got knocked out of the FA Cup and CL at the semis for both, Dunga got sacked after Brazil suffered a quarter final knockout at the world cup so I applied and got the job. Now I'm about to start the 2nd season with 2 jobs, neither of which I really want and the game is starting to get littered with fucking regens! I HATE THEM!

They're attributes are always really unrealistic when you compare them to other real young players at clubs, my scouts keep finding 15 year old Spanish lads good enough to be a regular starter at a top Premier League club, which is just stupid and the silly generated faces they have are crap too! Wish you could turn them off but then the game would run out of players eventually.

Going to start a game as a midclass Premier League or Serie A club I think.

Should I stop using my corner routine? I don't want to cheat the game. To me it's pretty legit. If I come up against a really good gk, he won't go flopping around.

ARGH! :BRICK:

I really need to sort my defensive tactics out. Got the West Ham job, two games on the run now I've conceded a goal within the first two minutes, and both by through balls (which constantly seem to be the case).

Pissing me off.

I find playing a defensive midfielder and setting the 'duty' of your CB's to 'Defend' with low (defensive) mentality really helps if you're letting in goals.

B - The corner bug routine is different, something to do with short corners and lurking outside the box resulting in lots of goals. I saw a screenshot where someone had got Ronaldo to score 100 goals in 60 games! :SHOCK:

The 'attack far post' routine seems quite popular in a lot of tactics people have been sharing as it gives a more realistic goal output and will work for any teams but I still find it a bit too high yielding if you have someone who's great at heading.

Last edited:
ARGH! :BRICK:

I really need to sort my defensive tactics out. Got the West Ham job, two games on the run now I've conceded a goal within the first two minutes, and both by through balls (which constantly seem to be the case).

Pissing me off.

Play last notch of narrow width. And I play with tight man marking across the back. Not sure if you have the players for that though.

I find playing a defensive midfielder and setting the 'duty' of your CB's to 'Defend' with low (defensive) mentality really helps if you're letting in goals.

B - The corner bug routine is different, something to do with short corners and lurking outside the box resulting in lots of goals. I saw a screenshot where someone had got Ronaldo to score 100 goals in 60 games! :SHOCK:

The 'attack far post' routine seems quite popular in a lot of tactics people have been sharing as it gives a more realistic goal output and will work for any teams but I still find it a bit too high yielding if you have someone who's great at heading.

I hear ya on the attack far post routine. I've changed it up a little. I have left side corner taker hitting to far post and right side hitting to near post.

Anyone else have problems conceding goals in the first five minutes of a match then? Because even adjusting tactics isn't working, the CPU has scored in the 5 mins now in something like 8 of the last 10 games.

Edit: And again in the next match :BRICK: This time from a long ball and the keeper coming out for it but conveniently missing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have problems conceding goals in the first five minutes of a match then? Because even adjusting tactics isn't working, the CPU has scored in the 5 mins now in something like 8 of the last 10 games.

Edit: And again in the next match :BRICK: This time from a long ball and the keeper coming out for it but conveniently missing it!

What do you have your dline at? Try playing deep. And also you might try playing a higher line with offside trap. Slow your tempo down too. Last notch of slow tempo.

I tend to usually stick to the default profiles (standard, control, attacking etc) so it should be a problem affecting everyone who uses those profiles I imagine.

I've taken the West Ham job, who are in the Championship and were 17th at the time of taking over.

That's fine when you consider they were also playing in Europe due to winning the league cup last season, so while every other team had played 26 games, WH had only played 21.

This brings a pretty bad bug and something I'd mention if the FM 10 beta testing was still going on. The majority of my squad were unhappy at our league position and felt we were underachieving! Obviously we weren't as we'd played a good number of games less and winning those games would have us in the top three of the league table.

So a pretty bad bug there and I've already had players asking to leave due to our poor performance this season when that shouldn't even be a valid reason.

One to keep an eye on in FM 11 I guess.

I tend to use the default profiles but for mainly only affectiing my players mentality. I change their d-line, width, tempo and time wasting my self. I also change the philosophy. I would go Rigid if you haven't already.

As far as the bug I guess I haven't run into that one yet.

Back
Top Bottom