Football Manager 2010

Tell you what really is gutting, Bobby. Reaching the Carling Cup semi-finals and drawing both legs, but ending up going out on away goals. :(

tell you whats gutting, getting players that get a 9.5 in a game, then I praise them. The next game against easier opposition they get a 6?!!!

about 90% of the time I praise somebody after a game, they play shit in the next couple. What the fuck is all that about?!

Finally found a formation where my team is playing a bit better, but it is still fucking ridiculous how shit all my players have become.

I've not really noticed a lot of that. Saying that, I'm not expecting anything like you probably are. I'm hoping for a top half finish to exceed my board's expectations but that is fairly optimistic. If I managed to pick up draws away from home, I'd be up in about 7th... :( But I've only ever won/lost on my travels, which is unfortunate because my home form is solid.

Finally got my team playing ok again, lost loads of points early on fucking about with formation. Lost 4 games half way through the season.

But I revised my 4-3-3 formation and I am getting some good results. i beat Chelsea 2-0 and Man City 5-1 both at home. They are my title rivals at the moment and I narrowly sit 1st in the league.

But I am out of the league cup, still in the FA cup. ~But I have Ac Milan in the first knock out stage of the champions league....I don't fancy my chances much.

My new formation is working well for Walcott and Van Persie though which is nice to see and Fab is playing a bit better after being one of my shittest players for the last two seasons.

hulk is scoring some lovely goals aswell, he is really coming into his own.....you wouldn't like him when he's angry ;))

Anybody knows a site where i can download an update pacht who changer the players attributes?.Many thanks in advance

Yeah, just ignore me then ;) No-one cares about Newcastle :P

i thought you were jsut stating what you were up to, I didn't knwo you wanted a chat :))

After winning the prem last season, I said that I would do it again to get a bit more money out of them. so I was shitting it when they all started playing shit. hopefully my new formation can hold up to the end of teh season.

REALLY fucking pissed off with this game now, for the same reasons as Bobby.

It seems no matter what I do, different tactics, different players, whatever, we can't do anything anymore.

An extraordinary number of goals are being conceded in the first 5 mins still, regardless of my defensive mentality, the CPU nearly always scores. And if I'm leading, the CPU always finds a way to at least draw, if not win.

I can see now why I stopped playing it, once the CPU "figures out" your tactics, it's a load of shit really.

Edit: FUCKS SAKE! 92nd min, drawing with Liverpool away ... and they score! :BRICK: :BRICK:

Edit: And again in the next match, against Ipswich in the cup. Who had 1 shot all game. They get a penalty in the 94th minute, load of shite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, it's realistic.

In real life, Manager A of Team A plays a certain way and its succesful. Most teams are beaten until Manager B of Team B works out a way to beat them by countering those tactics and if you don't adapt to counter them, you'll be beaten and other teams will follow suit and play against you the same way.

For a real life example think of Arsenal. A few teams (United for one) showed that sitting back and letting Arsenal have the ball and then hitting them with pace on the counter was a very successful tactic to employ in order to beat them. A lot of people pointed out Arsenal's naivety in not doing anything to stop this from happening and refusing to change the way they play.

Check your player's motivation during matches too, as well as their personality type and determination attribute as these are all very important things to consider for team talks before and during matches.

People underestimate how deep this game actually is.

Yep, I have to say I agree with Jumbo here. The game's engine is absolutely amazing. Though there probably should be at least 2 options when you start a new game regards how deep you want it to go...

First 4 games in charge at Fiorentina and it's been a mixed bag really. Had a lot of injuries to star players, so not been at full strength. Managed 7 points from 4 games. 2 wins, a draw and a loss. Bit disappointed to be honest. Joe had a nightmare session. No wins in 11 hours of solid game play... :SHOCK:

Ruddy hell :SHOCK:. Sounds like the kind of run I go on :LOL:. Just started a new game with Deportivo...

First 4 games in charge at Fiorentina and it's been a mixed bag really. Had a lot of injuries to star players, so not been at full strength. Managed 7 points from 4 games. 2 wins, a draw and a loss. Bit disappointed to be honest. Joe had a nightmare session. No wins in 11 hours of solid game play... :SHOCK:

I've had a season with Fiorentina, some great players there. Had trouble trying to fit in the star players though. Had Vargas at LB, Jovetic at LM, Cassano and Gilardino up front in the end. All got ratings over 7.50 at the end of the season :)

Then I wanted to move to England, so I took the Blackburn job and have done utter crap since I left :LOL:

I agree that Footy manager is amazing and deep. I like the way it does work out your tactics. But it seems to do it instantly! that is the annoying thing, one season things are going great, then in a couple of months they all play completely shit. That isn't too realistic.

Also when a teams tactics are worked out in real life, the manager may tweak a few things, but still in essence keep the same shape etc. In this you have to make quite big changes to your tactic to be able to have a bit of success again.

Anyway it's better to have it in, otherwise once you get a great team, you will just keep winning until the end of time. I just don't agree with it happening so sudden (IMO) and not gradually.

this game is unlike anyother though. You put so much time into setting stuff up you get attached to your team and when you can't win etc it makes me so frustrated and annoyed. I can be in a bad mood for ages if I have a bad streak at Footy Manager.....sad but true :))

I've had a season with Fiorentina, some great players there. Had trouble trying to fit in the star players though. Had Vargas at LB, Jovetic at LM, Cassano and Gilardino up front in the end. All got ratings over 7.50 at the end of the season :)

Then I wanted to move to England, so I took the Blackburn job and have done utter crap since I left :LOL:

I had 4 amazing season's at Fiorentina. Won Serie A in my 3rd season. Turned Jovetic into captain and prolific goalscorer up front. My team was amazing:

--------Jovetic----G. Rossi-----
------------------------------
Menez--Sissoko---Hamsik--Zarate
Vargas--Barzagli--Gamberini-De Silvestri
-------------------------------
-----------Frey--------------

My board stupidly accepted a £15m bid for Montolivo and £22m for Gilardino without my permission... so I built an even stronger team. That's Moussa Sissoko by the way, different from Momo. I also built the strongest youth team in the country, raping everyone in their way.

Guys you don't have to change your shape. I have used the same narrow 4-2-3-1 for 3 seasons and I'm always battling for the title. Pretty much all I change or width, tempo, defensive line. That's it for the most part. And I use the shouts. But I am looking to change my formation because I am bored with it.

Oh and I lost the league on the last day. I was ahead by 1 point and playing at home against Newcastle. They parked the bus and I couldn't score. So Man City won the league. I lost in the CL semi's against Lyon. I have the FA Cup final against Man City to play.

3rd season at Arsenal.

managed to win the league on the last day! stopping Man City that had been on top for most of the season.

I was losing against Liverpool on the second from last game 2-0 with 20mins to go. Had to make some big changes and took off Hulk (my leading goalscorer) and put on Agbonlahor. he got a couple and we won 2-4! great game. Went into the last game of the season needing a win against Sunderland and Man City to Draw or lose to Liverpool at home. They lost 1-2 and I won! yee Haa!

Also managed to beat Liverpool in the Fa Cup final, was up 3-0 by half time. But they got two goals back and with 15mins to go I was under the cosh, but managed to hold out and win.

Went for the England job, expecting to get it after winning the copa America with Brazil and winning back to back league titles. League cup and Fa Cup with Arsenal. But got rejected :(( So I will stick with Brazil and go for the World cup.

Actually like my new formation better than my old one. But i still need to tweak it a bit more.

Who got the England job Bob? On my game after WC2010 Capello got sacked and they appointed Harry Redknapp! :LOL:

Who got the England job Bob? On my game after WC2010 Capello got sacked and they appointed Harry Redknapp! :LOL:

Stuart Pearce....what a knob!

I'm a bit gutted about the England job to be honest, would have been nice to take them to the world cup.

EDIT:

Just thought I would add, I like it on Steam that they have achievements like on the xbox. gives a bit more incentive. Just wanted to add that. I know its more expensive on steam, but little things like that are nice.

Last edited:
It's not more expensive if you buy it from a shop and install via steam like I did! :WOOT:

I like the achivements too, though I've only had a few.

Board just announced a new stadium for Fulham. Fulham stadium will have a retractable roof and seat 45,000. Yeah baby. Too bad I didn't get it named after me.

I had 4 amazing season's at Fiorentina. Won Serie A in my 3rd season. Turned Jovetic into captain and prolific goalscorer up front. My team was amazing:

--------Jovetic----G. Rossi-----
Menez--Sissoko---Hamsik--Zarate
Vargas--Barzagli--Gamberini-De Silvestri
-------------------------------
-----------Frey--------------

My board stupidly accepted a £15m bid for Montolivo and £22m for Gilardino without my permission... so I built an even stronger team. That's Moussa Sissoko by the way, different from Momo. I also built the strongest youth team in the country, raping everyone in their way.

I'll post my team up tomorrow. Trumps the both of yours. :SMUG:

I'm going for an unbeaten season in the league :DD

I've probably jinxed it now :ROLL: I am unbeaten in 8 so far :)) my first season I was unbeaten in 17 games then I lost two in a row.

Hoo Haa. The last two season my players keep on telling me they are concern by the unrest in the squad? how do I find out what the fuck they are talking about?

Well managed to be unbeaten in 11 games then played man city who are top and got beaten. They are looking unstoppable at the moment. I am now 6 points behind them after 12 games played. boooooo!

I'm going for an unbeaten season in the league :DD

I've probably jinxed it now :ROLL: I am unbeaten in 8 so far :)) my first season I was unbeaten in 17 games then I lost two in a row.

Hoo Haa. The last two season my players keep on telling me they are concern by the unrest in the squad? how do I find out what the fuck they are talking about?

Try to check all of their personal tabs. That might tell you something.

Took over Blackburn but couldn't get them to perform one bit. Languishing just above the dropzone, I looked online for tips and found a tactic which is supposed to be a replica of Liverpool from the 80's.

Put that in, made a few tweaks and it's worked much better. Also read a few guides about teamtalks and motivation, that seems to have helped an awful lot.

Finished the season in 12th, which is alright considering how dire we were at the start of the season. Also changed my squad MASSIVELY, pretty much getting rid of anyone on big wages who wasn't really doing what they're paid for, getting rid of players who lost confidence in me, and a few players who wanted to go to bigger clubs. Samba wanted to go, he was valued at £5m but sold him to Atletico Madrid for £15m. Nzonzi valued at £4m but sold to AC Milan for £6.75m.

In turn, I've went out and replaced a load of players with some who are much better.

Getting rid of the likes of Givet, Reid, Lucas Castroman, Ryan Nelsen, David Hoillett, Khizanishvilli and Nino and replaced them with Stephen Defour (free transfer, I was shocked!), Keirrison, Joseph Yobo, Phil Jagielka, Deivid (Brazilian right winger who was VERY highly rated) and Michael Johnson from Man City.

Really struggling to find a good LB and a ML which aren't costing millions. Bringing on Julien Escude and Jorge Ribeiro as short term measures for LB but I'd like someone a bit ... better. Bringing in Fran Merida for LM, again hoping I can get someone a bit better.

I've overhauled the youth system and signed tons of players on free transfers and on cheap deals. Picked up a lot of players that Prem clubs released and they're immediately valued at £2m+, which I'm pleased with considering they're 18 or 19 years old. In a couple of years, I'm hoping that I can rely on my youth team to push through and I'll have a good squad from there.

Such a big overhaul is going to take some time for the squad to gel and work together but I'm confident we'll do well with this squad. Nikola Kallinic finished last season with 29 goals from 40 games, which is superb when you consider our poor season.

Henri Lansbury started to really get going towards the end of last season, after being bought for £3m, and I feel he's going to be superb this season.

Yoann Gourcuff has been released by Bordeaux and is very highly recommended by the scouts (5 stars, sign whatever the price) but unfortunately he's injured for 4-8 weeks with a broken foot and the board wont sanction the deal because he fails a medical. A bit ridiculous as I'm sure a player of his talent would be sanctioned in real life.

Looking forward to this season and I've said I'm aiming for top half so fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom