FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

for those who have fifa 23 pc on origin/ea app, just add it to your steam library as a non steam game.
steam platform has support for ps4 controller and it will work without any programs/configuration.
i didnt read everything so sorry if i missunderstood the subject of this convo, lol

try it.The game will start to first menu where logo FIFA 23 and then back to desktop.
Sounds as if to me you are trying to use the Bypass version (for some reason?) and its not injecting the Bypass (normally due to anti virus).

If you are using the latest version (23.8.2 is good), you need to repair your game so that installerdata.xml is fixed up, which means that the anti cheat should start before you play and then go in without any issues.

The ONLY other reason it would crash there is if there is a broken mod.

for those who have fifa 23 pc on origin/ea app, just add it to your steam library as a non steam game.
steam platform has support for ps4 controller and it will work without any programs/configuration.
i didnt read everything so sorry if i missunderstood the subject of this convo, lol

Origin/Fifa23 has native support for the DS4 without need of external apps, even with the correct icons this year. The issue was he's using a 3rd party controller which isn't natively supported.

fantastic to have you back Paul. i spent far too much of my own personal time trying to convert your career realism mods to FIFA 22, but managed it in the end! annoyingly EA changed some of the files controlling AI transfers, etc., which made it particularly difficult. but yes, as i say, good to have the master back

any plans for a discord server? ;)

Origin/Fifa23 has native support for the DS4 without need of external apps, even with the correct icons this year. The issue was he's using a 3rd party controller which isn't natively supported.
oh, so they finally added it. good to know!
edit: for 3rd party controllers probably x360ce is the best

just checking it's currently not possible edit LODs?

i was hoping to be able to expand the 'Lods' entry

View attachment 183555
You need this v23.9 full release for that :)

fantastic to have you back Paul. i spent far too much of my own personal time trying to convert your career realism mods to FIFA 22, but managed it in the end! annoyingly EA changed some of the files controlling AI transfers, etc., which made it particularly difficult. but yes, as i say, good to have the master back

any plans for a discord server? ;)

Nice to see a friendly person. Hope you are well :) I am not bothering with having that much presence, I am here for fun and modding.

Last edited:
You need this v23.9 full release for that :)

Nice to see a friendly person. Hope you are well :) I am not bothering with having that much presence, I am here for fun and modding.
thanks Paul! thought i had the latest version--sorry my mistake

i can run the game fine with mods when launching from the editor, but unable to using the launcher... i haven't seen the error reported in this thread (unless i've missed it). i know you can't support all these issues so no worries if not:

[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher. [ERROR] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (You cannot have more than one Resource Manager!)

not sure what it means... if anyone can help that is appreciated

btw i am using non-updated version of the game with Origin

edit: in sum:
  • with no mods loaded and 'use mod data' unticked the game launches fine and doesn't close,
  • but with 'use mod data' ticked, the game launches, but then closes
  • and with mods loaded i get the above error...

Attachments

• error.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

i can run the game fine with mods when launching from the editor, but unable to using the launcher... i haven't seen the error reported in this thread (unless i've missed it). i know you can't support all these issues so no worries if not:

[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher. [ERROR] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (You cannot have more than one Resource Manager!)

• with no mods loaded and 'use mod data' unticked the game launches fine and doesn't close,
Same problem...

Same problem...

Hi both. I messed something up. I supplied the hotfix last night.

https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-26

Hey everyone,
i just had Problems with Battlefield 5, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 1 or more : i had problems with Origin.
Then i game around over many sites of Google and found something about "Frosty Mod Manager" (i dont use it) and Windows environment variable.

When you use FMT in FIFA and got this two lines in the environment variables then maybe other games on Origin/EA App wont launch anymore.
I deleted this two entries and then other Origin games launched again.

But sadly when launching FIFA again over FMT it writes the entries again.

@paulv2k4 is there a solution that FMT doesnt write this lines or maybe it will remove it when closing FIFA/FMT?

Attachments

• FIFA Origin Problem.png
    FIFA Origin Problem.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
Hiya @paulv2k4 after some advice try load up a new career mode with mods don't even make it to the squad screen were you pick current or download latest squads disable all mods can load up a new save you know what the problem could be

Hiya @paulv2k4 after some advice try load up a new career mode with mods don't even make it to the squad screen were you pick current or download latest squads disable all mods can load up a new save you know what the problem could be
If you have a broken file that is part of the Career mods or Legacy files, it will do this. I found it breaks if you change/break the avatar files. My old Career mods no longer work either.

If you have a broken file that is part of the Career mods or Legacy files, it will do this. I found it breaks if you change/break the avatar files. My old Career mods no longer work either.
Will try a fresh install off everything mate was working fine and following day boom wont load or even start a career mode but like I said also disable all mods and don't use fmt works fine would you suggest me to try a older version of fmt mate

Will try a fresh install off everything mate was working fine and following day boom wont load or even start a career mode but like I said also disable all mods and don't use fmt works fine would you suggest me to try a older version of fmt mate
@paulv2k4 still having problems can start a career mode fine without moddata but with mods dont even get to the screen to download current or latest squads

*EDIT*

Hiya mate did some figuring out just started with a gameplaymod instead on the list career mode loads up fine i use your career mod wont load

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I took a break from FIFA modding for a whole year and just kept playing on 21.

I want to come back and mod again. Whilst we wait for FIFA Editor Tool to get FIFA 23 working, I decided to tweak and upgrade my old "FMT" to make some things work until we get something better. As you saw in the other thread, I am releasing everything I can that will work. I am also making the tool open source for anyone else that wants to contribute.

GitHub Repository
Frostbite Modding Tool GitHub

Release 23.10 is the Latest.

Tutorial

Tutorial on playing with a mod

Happy gaming / coding.

P.
Hey,

the latest 23.10 doesnt really start, it doesnt choose the path of fifa and goes direct to the cache building but there nothing happens

Hey,

the latest 23.10 doesnt really start, it doesnt choose the path of fifa and goes direct to the cache building but there nothing happens
Yeah same for me but instead of selecting launch the game with mods I used the editor option and that will build the sdk you need, once it's done you should be able to close it and choose launch with mods as before.

using the latest FMT but still getting an error when trying to launch with the career mod:

Code:
Mod Compiler Started for FIFA23
Running Mod Executer
Deleting cached mods
Loading mod V Career Mod - Alpha 2.fbmod
Copying files from Data to ModData/Data
Data Setup - Copied (1/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\chunkmanifest
Data Setup - Copied (2/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\initfs_Win32
Data Setup - Copied (3/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\layout.toc
Data Setup - Copied (4/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Locale.ini
Data Setup - Copied (5/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Locale.ini.bak
Data Setup - Copied (7/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\careersba.toc
Data Setup - Copied (10/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\chants_full.toc
Data Setup - Copied (13/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\choreosb.toc
Data Setup - Copied (16/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\contentlaunchsb.toc
Data Setup - Copied (18/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\futsb.toc
Data Setup - Copied (20/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\globalsfull.toc
Data Setup - Copied (23/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\presentationsb.toc
Data Setup - Copied (26/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\storyingamesba.toc
Data Setup - Copied (29/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\ui.toc
Data Setup - Copied (32/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\fifa\fifagame\fifagame.toc
Data Setup - Copied (81/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\ar.toc
Data Setup - Copied (84/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\cs.toc
Data Setup - Copied (87/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\en.toc
Data Setup - Copied (90/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\it.toc
Data Setup - Copied (93/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\mx.toc
Data Setup - Copied (96/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\pl.toc
Data Setup - Copied (99/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\en\loc\sv.toc
Data Setup - Copied (102/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_02\en\loc\ar.toc
Data Setup - Copied (105/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_02\en\loc\de.toc
Data Setup - Copied (108/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_02\en\loc\fr.toc
Data Setup - Copied (111/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_02\en\loc\mx.toc
Data Setup - Copied (114/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_03\en\loc\ar.toc
Data Setup - Copied (117/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_03\en\loc\de.toc
Data Setup - Copied (120/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_03\en\loc\fr.toc
Data Setup - Copied (123/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_03\en\loc\mx.toc
Data Setup - Copied (126/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\en\loc\ar.toc
Data Setup - Copied (129/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\en\loc\de.toc
Data Setup - Copied (132/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\en\loc\fr.toc
Data Setup - Copied (135/138) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\en\loc\mx.toc
Copying files from Patch to ModData/Patch
Data Setup - Copied (4/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\careersba.toc
Data Setup - Copied (8/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\futsb.toc
Data Setup - Copied (12/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\matchcinematicssba.toc
Data Setup - Copied (16/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\storyingamesba.toc
Data Setup - Copied (20/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\fifa\fifagame\fifagame.toc
Data Setup - Copied (23/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\cas_03.cas
Data Setup - Copied (28/31) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\\Patch\Win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\cas_01.cas
Loaded Type Library SDK
Initialised File & Resource System
Initialising Plugins
Loading data (fifa23.cache)
[LFM_Fifa23][LEGACY] Loading files
[LEGACY] Loaded 85771 files
Legacy :: 21 Legacy files found. Modifying associated chunks
Legacy :: Modified 20 associated chunks
Modifying CAS file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\ModData\Data\\win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_00\cas_04.cas
Modifying CAS file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\ModData\Data\\win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\cas_07.cas
Modifying CAS file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\ModData\Patch\\win32\superbundlelayout\fifa_installpackage_05\cas_01.cas
[ERROR] System.ArgumentException: Empty path name is not legal. (Parameter 'path')
   at System.IO.Strategies.FileStreamHelpers.ValidateArguments(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.ModifyTOCChunks(String directory)
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Run()
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.RunModDataCompiler(ILogger logger)
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Compile(FileSystem fs, ILogger logger, ModExecutor modExecuter)
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.BuildModData(FileSystem inFs, ILogger inLogger, String rootPath, String additionalArgs, String[] modPaths)
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String modsRootPath, String[] modPaths)
   at FIFAModdingUI.LaunchGame.LaunchAsync(String FIFARootPath, String ModDirectory, List`1 OrderedListOfMods, ILogger logger, String FIFAVERSION, Boolean forceReinstallMods, Boolean useSymbolicLink, Boolean useModData)
   at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()
[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher.

How can i modify a Gameplay Mod? All GP Files are *.fbmod but i cannot load it into the Editor. I only can open *.fbproject so how can i change the fbmod into a fbproject?

Import Kits...Error!

Code:
Processing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\ModData\Data\\win32\contentsb.toc
[ERROR] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Sequence contains no matching element) (Sequence contains no matching element)
 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.<>c__DisplayClass9_1.<Run>b__4()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks)
   at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Compile(FileSystem fs, ILogger logger, ModExecutor modExecuter)
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.BuildModData(FileSystem inFs, ILogger inLogger, String rootPath, String additionalArgs, String[] modPaths)
   at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String modsRootPath, String[] modPaths)
   at FIFAModdingUI.LaunchGame.LaunchAsync(String FIFARootPath, String ModDirectory, List`1 OrderedListOfMods, ILogger logger, String FIFAVERSION, Boolean forceReinstallMods, Boolean useSymbolicLink, Boolean useModData)
 ---> (Inner Exception #1) System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)<---

[ERROR] Error caught in Launch Task. You must fix the error before using this Launcher.

Last edited:
Import Kits...Error!

Code:
Processing: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 23\ModData\Data\\win32\contentsb.toc
[ERROR] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Sequence contains no matching element) (Sequence contains no matching element)
 ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks)
 ---> (Inner Exception #1) System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)<---

Could you tell me which kit you were editing?

Back
Top Bottom