FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

Just managed to play trial via ea app.. frame skips, stutter mess often after corner kick, am i the only one?
Nope, it's an un-optimised mess. Try turning off strand effects, it helps a lot. It's a massive resource sink for something that is on during gameplay yet can barely see and only comes into relevance on cutscenes and replays.

The lack of graphics settings on this is so poor.

Having never purchased FIFA since FIFA 2005 and been on PES ever since, I'm thinking about doing the unthinkable... But it's EA, so giving them my money feels like being scammed by an evil corporation.
Having said that, I have some questions
  1. Last year with FIFA 22 many were worried about EA patching the game it. How did it play out in December or January after those patches? Was it completely unplayable for an offline player?
  2. Is there a simple league mode like Konami League in PES or is Career mode the only option?
  3. Do you think FIFA 23 offline mode with slow gameplay offers something for a guy used to PES's pace, dribbling? Are there proper midfield battles or its just pass to attacker and pingpong your way to the goal?
  4. Do you see variety of AI as you play different teams? Or all teams play like prime Barcelona with ping-pong game?
Also Sliders are a brilliant concept. In theory it can lead to endless customizations or it's just another way for EA to F@#$ us. But i do wonder why PES never had it...
Thanks guys. I read all the comments here and looks like it's not worth it but i would appreciate your thoughts anyway.

Last edited:
Hi guys. Been thinking to buy this game via Steam. Also read all comments here.my question is, this game is playable or still got some launching issue?
f you want it, get it when it's on sale. With the amount of bugs and performance issues, it's not worth $70.

Without a fifa mod editor and/or cheatengine fifa, for me, is unplayable. I don't think i will buy for first time since fifa 15.

Decided to record a match, unfortunately I'd just gotten home from a 3 hour round trip to take my wife to the ferry and I'm shattered so I defended really badly! Still enjoyed the game though, using Matt's Sliders for the most part :)

I'm really enjoying the game, didn't think I would, avoided all the videos from the beta etc. etc. and figured I'd try it for myself :)

Will probably take about 3 years to process the video but I'm off to bed ;)

Is anyone having an issue where the game isn't remembering your settings? Every time I turn it on I have to start from scratch..

I really dont know why my game is so fast at games speed "slow" on Youtube Games with Slow Game Speed looking way slower than mine

Change settings from the game main menu, not during the match. This should help to save your settings for your profile created.
Thanks man. Tried that. It's weird, never happened before. Every time I start the game I have to select my team etc etc again. So annoying.

I always thought Fidel had it, and before that, RegularCat.

But boy, has Paulv2k14 (sorry if I mispelt that I'm drunk!) already, at a stage when FIFA 23 is not meant to be moddable, done it already with Locale.ini v5.

Paul is my goto for Fifa's alongside the Fidel's, and often he is game changing over the years, I pay a Patreon normally for his mods.

It makes the gameplay for me stunning, and thats without using the sliders he recommends OR the Matt 10 sliders. All I have on mine now is first touch error at 100..........................

The CPU AI is doing organically wonderful things.

I'm at Legendary, Fast speed (its also good this v5 at Normal or Slow but as we all know the animations at those speeds dont allow the CPU AI to play correctly), Real Madrid vs Barca and I am in CPU CPU mode only, watching it. I am at the max 20 mins game time.

Many fouls and a lenient ref but so far, wow, 2 reds in first 20 mins.

But the bits I look for, the organic making of mistakes NOT ONLY from a first touch error, the way the players are combining NOT with just tika taka, the dribbling, everything is a level above unless my drinking is talking.................. the amount of stunningly natural and organic moments all over the pitch.

Fifa 23 has them built in but as we all know, its hard to get the settings right to see them flourish game in game out, but so far this locale.ini is superb.

Paulv2k14.............keep this up mate!!

But boy, has Paulv2k14 (sorry if I mispelt that I'm drunk!) already, at a stage when FIFA 23 is not meant to be moddable, done it already with Locale.ini v5.

Paul is my goto for Fifa's alongside the Fidel's, and often he is game changing over the years, I pay a Patreon normally for his mods.

It makes the gameplay for me stunning, and thats without using the sliders he recommends OR the Matt 10 sliders. All I have on mine now is first touch error at 100..........................

I'm at Legendary, Fast speed (its also good this v5 at Normal or Slow but as we all know the animations at those speeds dont allow the CPU AI to play correctly), Real Madrid vs Barca and I am in CPU CPU mode only, watching it. I am at the max 20 mins game time.

But the bits I look for, the organic making of mistakes NOT ONLY from a first touch error, the way the players are combining NOT with just tika taka, the dribbling, everything is a level above unless my drinking is talking.................. the amount of stunningly natural and organic moments all over the pitch.

Fifa 23 has them built in but as we all know, its hard to get the settings right to see them flourish game in game out, but so far this locale.ini is superb.

what *.ini do you mean?

In high end PC there is a fps problem and also I found while chasing the opponent player doesn't run fast. This game is dead for PC .

Decided to record a match, unfortunately I'd just gotten home from a 3 hour round trip to take my wife to the ferry and I'm shattered so I defended really badly! Still enjoyed the game though, using Matt's Sliders for the most part :)

I'm really enjoying the game, didn't think I would, avoided all the videos from the beta etc. etc. and figured I'd try it for myself :)

Will probably take about 3 years to process the video but I'm off to bed ;)
very nice vid - did you originally have the stuttering issue? if so I was wondering what you did to fix it

Thanks man. Glad your enjoying it!

Wish I could fix Career Mode as well and Id be really happy.

very nice vid - did you originally have the stuttering issue? if so I was wondering what you did to fix it

I did yes, I set the FPS max/min with Radeon Chill:

1665040623785.png

You do still get 30fps in cutscenes of course but this stops there from being stutter/slowdown when it switches back and forth from cutscene to action etc. (not sure how smoothly it comes across in the video?).

To have a smooth gameplay you need to choose "no fps limit" or something like that in game menu. Then in NVIDIA (in my case) control panel turn Vsync - on. I now have very smooth gameplay, without any stutters.

fifa23.jpgnvidia.jpg

i really had problems that "Slow gamespeed" on YouTube looked slow as it should. I have a 144hz monitor (limit 141) and getting this 141 fps on 4k and game is so fast.
I capped over Nvidia Control Panel FPS to 60 because the in game limiter doesnt work at all. Suddently the game became slow as it should but this really need to be fixed.

Also why are normal passes so weak? i have to load up the power bar 3/4 to do a normal good pass, all other passes are to weak. Only trough passes are good/normal

Last edited:

I agree with this. Took a leaf out of your book and maxed out the first touch error and really enjoying the organic movements which are contextually sound and look natural. It's a like FIFA23 has all these movements from their vast library and need to have certain parameters set for us to enjoy the beautiful movement and gameplay. Thanks so much again @paulv2k4 for your work. Always a pleasure to try out your edits!

i really had problems that "Slow gamespeed" on YouTube looked slow as it should. I have a 144hz monitor (limit 141) and getting this 141 fps on 4k and game is so fast.
I capped over Nvidia Control Panel FPS to 60 because the in game limiter doesnt work at all. Suddently the game became slow as it should but this really need to be fixed.

Also why are normal passes so weak? i have to load up the power bar 3/4 to do a normal good pass, all other passes are to weak. Only trough passes are good/normal
Passes are great imho, you have high variety of passes, you are not aware of probably, so I advise to go learn controls. First there's long driven ground pass with R1, try it out, fast long zipped pass, works great. You also can increase power bar (the speed how quickly u fill power bar), default 50 is way too low if u come from PES muscle memories and habbits, start with 70 at least. Yet another thing is switch ground passes to manual, with that you can pass to furthest player with certain amount of power, if you're using semi or assisted then the game will adjust your pass and it may go to nearer player instead, it's exactly same behaviour in PES games.

So, as we are still waiting for FIFA Editor Tool to allow us to edit stuff (and not behind a paywall), I thought I'd keep messing with stuff. I did manage to do something on my lunch break today!

unknown.png

So, as we are still waiting for FIFA Editor Tool to allow us to edit stuff (and not behind a paywall), I thought I'd keep messing with stuff. I did manage to do something on my lunch break today!

unknown.png
Sounds Great. Glad you already working on your FIFA 23 tool. So your tool are able to launch mods now?? Amazing effort, Paul! My congrats

Edit: I guess I was a little bit to early for congrats. But still fingers crossed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom