FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

EXTREMELY early days, but I've finally had a little bit of success tonight with some of the gameplay files to help positioning/behaviour off the ball. It's going to be a long road, but I've got some better movement and coverage of passing lanes. There's many overlapping elements that still need addressing though, but it's the first positive change I've had so far. As I suspected, the 11v11 capture does help in possible outcomes.

It's nowhere near worth testing or anything yet, it's just a glimmer of hope at this stage and that's all haha.

EXTREMELY early days, but I've finally had a little bit of success tonight with some of the gameplay files to help positioning/behaviour off the ball. It's going to be a long road, but I've got some better movement and coverage of passing lanes. There's many overlapping elements that still need addressing though, but it's the first positive change I've had so far. As I suspected, the 11v11 capture does help in possible outcomes.

It's nowhere near worth testing or anything yet, it's just a glimmer of hope at this stage and that's all haha.
We don’t want much these days… 😊

When there is a good gameplay mod out for 23, and I mean one that gives me a more crowded midfield, humanized AI attacks and some animations overhaul (physics maybe)… I will definitely sell my console copy and get it for PC!

you guys keep on doing you awesome mod work… 👏 thanks for that, good luck and I’ll be watching this thread!

When there is a good gameplay mod out for 23, and I mean one that gives me a more crowded midfield, humanized AI attacks and some animations overhaul (physics maybe)… I will definitely sell my console copy and get it for PC!

you guys keep on doing you awesome mod work… 👏 thanks for that, good luck and I’ll be watching this thread!
How is it going on console ? Just curious to know

Happy gameplay files are working for you finally! I'm struggling with positioning values for the moment

Guys, I managed to find the right values for midfielders/defenders high urgency and positioning offset when defending. The result is a much more tighter midfield, so it's more difficult to find space for easy passes. I also tweaked AI ballhandler to have a smarter construction and not a continous counter based game (still testing this aspect). I also needed to couple my project with sliders since some values work differently from FIFA 22, at least for me (temporary fix). I started the project on FET, waiting for mod manager release, but tomorrow i will translate files into FMT to export the project as fbmod. I'm sad i can't share a video (shitty specs) but all i can say is that i'm onto something. See you tomorrow!

Guys, I managed to find the right values for midfielders/defenders high urgency and positioning offset when defending. The result is a much more tighter midfield, so it's more difficult to find space for easy passes. I also tweaked AI ballhandler to have a smarter construction and not a continous counter based game (still testing this aspect). I also needed to couple my project with sliders since some values work differently from FIFA 22, at least for me (temporary fix). I started the project on FET, waiting for mod manager release, but tomorrow i will translate files into FMT to export the project as fbmod. I'm sad i can't share a video (shitty specs) but all i can say is that i'm onto something. See you tomorrow!
Hi mate will it work with title update 2?
Thanks a lot

The wide areas are one of my biggest frustrations since the introduction of 1v1.

One of the biggest positioning issues in this game (and 22) is that the FB is always the defensive player who engages the winger (often extremely high up the pitch). It becomes iso-ball way too often and if you get by them then you're in behind. We desperately need the midfielders to come across and provide that initial (or secondary) cover. It's not just backwards tracking of the midfielders, they have to travel WIDE - and they have to ENGAGE. Argh, these files are tough work with 1v1.

One of the biggest positioning issues in this game (and 22) is that the FB is always the defensive player who engages the winger (often extremely high up the pitch). It becomes iso-ball way too often and if you get by them then you're in behind. We desperately need the midfielders to come across and provide that initial (or secondary) cover. It's not just backwards tracking of the midfielders, they have to travel WIDE - and they have to ENGAGE. Argh, these files are tough work with 1v1.
I managed to get CB’s aggress strikers backward and wingers and on a counter attack + a lot of 2 vs 1 plays. Actually, midfielders come back to help full backs or center backs to defend, especially on the wings

I managed to get CB’s aggress strikers backward and wingers and on a counter attack + a lot of 2 vs 1 plays. Actually, midfielders come back to help full backs or center backs to defend, especially on the wings
I'm on the editor tool, feel free to send through when you're ready for it to have a test run.

I switched today from Trial Version of the game to the purchased full Version. The Gameplay is better than my first games with TU1. Of course the annoying space between midline and my own half/defense is still terrifying. What exactly think EA stuff when they finally test the game/Gameplay before they release this Fifa Street Mode called Fifa 23?? They seems to enjoy the freedom on the field by running headless with their Strikers towards the opponent goal for the 7:5 or 6:6 score. :SHOCK:
I know it´s often enough said with the open lines but today I had the feeling the gameplay with that animations on top have Potential. If there will be a gameplay mod who will correct this I can imagine... maybe... to like the game a little bit. Don´t call me Nuts, Guys. :-)

The wide areas are one of my biggest frustrations since the introduction of 1v1.

And isn’t this somehow already in the game… I’m thinking?! That double teammate press you can initiate (with the 2 blue icons above mates heads) by double clicking teammate contain?! 🤔

As i said yesterday, here you go with fbmod. Hope you will like it, i really had some cool matches and a lot of midfield battles. I strongly recommend you to play the mod with full manual controls (semi crosses).

And also, if you don't mind, i would ask you to test it before with my sliders to have the same experience as me and then with yours if you wanna tweak them.

SLIDERS legendary difficulty

USER

Sprint speed 5
Acceleration 50
Pass error 60
Shot error 60
Shot speed 50
Pass speed 25
Injury frequency 65
Injury severity 30
GK ability 65
Marking 70
Line height 72
Line lenght 42
Line width 46
FB positioning 45
Power Bar 65 (for manual)
First touch 85

CPU

Sprint speed 5
Acceleration 50
Pass error 65
Shot error 68
Shot speed 50
Pass speed 7
Injury frequency 65
Injury severity 30
GK ability 65
Marking 70
Line height 72
Line lenght 42
Line width 46
FB positioning 45
First touch 85
Out of interest. Why do you use sliders to control almost everything when you could do the same via EBX?

Out of interest. Why do you use sliders to control almost everything when you could do the same via EBX?
Speed and acceleration are broken, if i reduce them too much in game then there will be a too much slow reaction time. Really slow pass speed is to avoid more ping pong passing from the AI. And my ebx positioning edits work very well with those line positioning sliders tweaks. I never saw the AI as smarter as that in FIFA. But, no problems, if it’s out of interest I will keep my work only for me. Cheers!

Speed and acceleration are broken, if i reduce them too much in game then there will be a too much slow reaction time. Really slow pass speed is to avoid more ping pong passing from the AI. And my ebx positioning edits work very well with those line positioning sliders tweaks. I never saw the AI as smarter as that in FIFA. But, no problems, if it’s out of interest I will keep my work only for me. Cheers!
Mate he's not putting your work down he was just asking a question and advising no need to stop sharing your work I am currently testing it out and all positive so far from me

Keep on, Mate. Every work on the GP is welcome. BTW I wanna try your latest GP mod the x 0.1. When I load the mod through FMT there are no Problems, but when I click Start game after teams collection the game crashes. I am on the newest update from EA. Did your mod work with it? Sorry if I overread something related to which TU the mod was build.

No need to get upset about me asking a question. Just offering an observation. I'll go back in my box :)

Back
Top Bottom