FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (PC Version)

For anyone who is able to run the game with anti cheat disabled - how much does having it disabled improve the FPS and get rid of the stutter? I know Paul said it helps but I’m trying to understand if it makes a big difference or if it’s minor. I finally managed to get the game working again yesterday after spending hours of messing about with it. Currently at TU2 (and really liking hatesince’s latest GP mod). I know I need to revert back to TU1 to get the AC disabled so was wondering if it was worth the effort. If it is the major cause of the lag/stutter then I’ll try to disable it - so for those specifically who had some lag/stutter and were able to disable AC, did it make a big difference?

For anyone who is able to run the game with anti cheat disabled - how much does having it disabled improve the FPS and get rid of the stutter? I know Paul said it helps but I’m trying to understand if it makes a big difference or if it’s minor. I finally managed to get the game working again yesterday after spending hours of messing about with it. Currently at TU2 (and really liking hatesince’s latest GP mod). I know I need to revert back to TU1 to get the AC disabled so was wondering if it was worth the effort. If it is the major cause of the lag/stutter then I’ll try to disable it - so for those specifically who had some lag/stutter and were able to disable AC, did it make a big difference?
Minor difference for me, didn’t improve my fps

If I could do the Denuvo token generation thing like I could do F18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ; you all could use any TU or Vanilla version you want, without even using or even having Origin to open the game legit (genuine method), but for F23, it's not possible (for now).

Edit : For people who might think this in a wrong way :- You need to have FIFA X (replace X with the any year's release, i.e FIFA 22) on your Origin account and you have to generate the tokens using it. If not, you have to get someone who actually have bought the game to help you generate the token for you to play (Offline) genuinely, like a friend share feature on Steam, for example. Some peeps like Chris, Anth James and Papinho knew about this (info) since I helped generating a token for FIFA 19 Vanilla disc/release version for Anth (I believe?) within his account info (he have FIFA 19).

Last edited:

I normally get around 260 FPS with anti-cheat(with stutter) and without it, I get a stable 270 FPS without any stutter.

I normally get around 260 FPS with anti-cheat(with stutter) and without it, I get a stable 270 FPS without any stutter.
cheers - I need to try it. I haven't really measured what FPS I actually get (I usually find doing that messes with my head) and I prefer to just gauge it on feel. For me, the stutter is mainly the ball itself when it travels across the screen and when the screen moves left or right according to where the ball is. I don't really get any stutter with the players themselves

Has anyone noticed their sound in game suddenly going a bit weird? The crowd chants in particular have become a bit distorted, no idea why, very odd.
I noticed that too right now. Could be an audio compression issue or just a sampling rate error. If sound files are editable i can master them in ableton

This is my second time playing this game after fifa15. On fifa23, I’m so scared to score a goal because after 5 seconds I scored a goal, AI suddenly rage and level the game. I mean everytime.

This is my second time playing this game after fifa15. On fifa23, I’m so scared to score a goal because after 5 seconds I scored a goal, AI suddenly rage and level the game. I mean everytime.
This is another one of those things that sort of exposes the major flaw/exploit of the engine (like a peek behind the curtain). The AI might "pretend" that build-up play is somehow required, but the second it "needs" to score, it abandons all pretence. Ping-pong to striker, goal - because the AI "knows" it's an unstoppable tactic; it knows attacking players are hugely overpowered (physics-breakingly nimble and with perfect pass accuracy), whereas the midfielders/defenders can't even stand next to an opponent, let alone catch up.

It's a real game-spoiler for me when I realise the AI isn't even trying, it totally destroys the illusion that it's a football game that could go either way.

PES is no better, by the way - the constant "CB hits a 100yds Beckham-style pass to the CF, CF controls the ball perfectly and he's in on goal" bollocks exposes the flaws there, i.e. laser-accuracy from all players and no errors in ball control from any player.

This is another one of those things that sort of exposes the major flaw/exploit of the engine (like a peek behind the curtain). The AI might "pretend" that build-up play is somehow required, but the second it "needs" to score, it abandons all pretence. Ping-pong to striker, goal - because the AI "knows" it's an unstoppable tactic; it knows attacking players are hugely overpowered (physics-breakingly nimble and with perfect pass accuracy), whereas the midfielders/defenders can't even stand next to an opponent, let alone catch up.

It's a real game-spoiler for me when I realise the AI isn't even trying, it totally destroys the illusion that it's a football game that could go either way.

PES is no better, by the way - the constant "CB hits a 100yds Beckham-style pass to the CF, CF controls the ball perfectly and he's in on goal" bollocks exposes the flaws there, i.e. laser-accuracy from all players and no errors in ball control from any player.
Its coded in the emotion engine. I am going to disable it.

dammit - reverted back to TU1 but cannot get the game to run. After the AC bar completes its slow move across the screen the game just stops running according to Steam. Trying to run it outside of FMT

Its coded in the emotion engine. I am going to disable it.
Oh I realise it's a part of this kind of coded response - but my point is, it shows how basic the engine is (not that the AI does that, but that when it needs to score, it shows how simple it is to score).

So in the PES days, we'd play on assisted controls (it's all there was), and for all intents and purposes the AI uses assisted controls (i.e. their accuracy is very high). But you would have to play differently to get around a packed defence or midfield. Or not, if it was two attacking teams, where you had more space to operate in.

In this game, there is always space, and it "pretends" to not be able to score. You, or the AI, can just ping-pong the ball into the box within a few passes to score whenever you want to.

Oh I realise it's a part of this kind of coded response - but my point is, it shows how basic the engine is (not that the AI does that, but that when it needs to score, it shows how simple it is to score).

So in the PES days, we'd play on assisted controls (it's all there was), and for all intents and purposes the AI uses assisted controls (i.e. their accuracy is very high). But you would have to play differently to get around a packed defence or midfield. Or not, if it was two attacking teams, where you had more space to operate in.

In this game, there is always space, and it "pretends" to not be able to score. You, or the AI, can just ping-pong the ball into the box within a few passes to score whenever you want to.

That is easily proven in the game code. Positioning in modern FIFA is very rigid and team oriented. You can reuse the tactics of Man City to a lower league team and they will positioning exactly according to that. The same problem PES runs into. There is a fixed grid and fixed parameters that is set probably to control attacking scenarios(having a lot of space between the CB's is one of them) and nothing about player's ability to position themselves. It throws away common sense of a player and in a way, it's very much like table football where you pull the slide and the entire team moves around in a robotic way. FIFA and PES nowadays is more closer to table football than real football.

Edit: Football Manager does it really well. You cannot make a lower league team play like Man City. They won't even know how to properly position themselves or how to play what you are asking to play. It's super frustrating because fundamentally, it's an easy problem to fix just by adding new stats or even reusing old stats to have each player have different positional sense. I am currently making my own football game and I have already solved this issue easily.

I noticed that too right now. Could be an audio compression issue or just a sampling rate error. If sound files are editable i can master them in ableton

But the weird thing is it just suddenly started happening yesterday or the day before, I'd definitely have noticed it right away if it was happening before, so weird.

I am currently making my own football game and I have already solved this issue easily.
I already smelled/caught it before some months actually that you're working on something which has something to do with Football. Now, you confirmed it yourselves, making my guess/thought was actually right. Really surprised and excited to see what you're doing in it. Wishing you all the very best. :)

Guys, how do you find the latest update? I haven't updated yet.
To be honest, I'm really impressed by TU2. For me it looks like EA fixed quite a lot of gameplay related issues, specially if you are playing on slow-paced.
I can definitely see that defense are marking in much tighter manner and are more reactive. There is no need to play with acceleration slider anymore, like setting it to 51 or whatever.

Here if my full story.
Obtained the trial version of the game 2 weeks back. Played ~7-8h and was extremely disappointed by the game because of all the problems mentioned in this topic.
  • no defense
  • easy to beat 1 on 1
  • sliding/skating + ball gluing to the foot
And it looked like gameplay sliders not working properly as well.

Yesterday decided to give the game another chance after updating it to TU2. Played 3 games on legendary with 8mins half and scored only 1 goal.
  • lost 1-2
  • draw 0-0
  • loss 0-2

Defense looks much better now, also amount of sliding-skating seems to be reduced.
Was so exited by the changes, that bought full version immediately after testing TU2.

But the weird thing is it just suddenly started happening yesterday or the day before, I'd definitely have noticed it right away if it was happening before, so weird.
Yeah and surprisingly, played a couple la liga matches and no audio issues. Noticed only in PL so far

Totally agree

Don't waste too much time playing/modding fifa. We need a new football game. 😅
Majority of my time is spend on my job and working on the game on side. I gave up on modding pretty early when I found out that the game engine itself has fundamental issue. Currently I am working on more procedural full body IK solution for movement system that resolves all foot-sliding and foot planting issue but it looks unnatural. I have bought Cascadeur to get some idea how to do physics based animation along with full-body IK so animation doesn't look horrible. Rockstar really nailed it with Euphoria but honestly it's pretty time consuming to get all the bones act naturally with player's movement. Especially hips movement. But I am planning to get in a stage where I want to open source the game and it will be the first fully community driven footie game. I am ofcourse using UE5 because they have excellent animation solution especially ControlRig.

REALISM GAMEPLAY 23.1.2

- General Positioning improvements
- Tighter midfield
- Less space between midfield and defensive lines
- AI tracking back improved
- Smarter AI decision making
- More AI errors (with AI being smarter in decision making, players try more shots, trough passes etc. This results in more errors.

For next release

Working on cross decision positioning, tackles (fouls in general), and player boosts.

Starting now i will share my work only in the thread i created, don't want to spam here. This is just to inform you that a new version is available. Hope you will enjoy it!
this mod how i can opened in fmt? because only with project i see i can

Majority of my time is spend on my job and working on the game on side. I gave up on modding pretty early when I found out that the game engine itself has fundamental issue. Currently I am working on more procedural full body IK solution for movement system that resolves all foot-sliding and foot planting issue but it looks unnatural. I have bought Cascadeur to get some idea how to do physics based animation along with full-body IK so animation doesn't look horrible. Rockstar really nailed it with Euphoria but honestly it's pretty time consuming to get all the bones act naturally with player's movement. Especially hips movement. But I am planning to get in a stage where I want to open source the game and it will be the first fully community driven footie game. I am ofcourse using UE5 because they have excellent animation solution especially ControlRig.

I would support your work 100%.

But please, I am sure you have your vision, don't deviate from it. The community isn't an entity, it is multiple and it doesn't really know now what it wants.

Last edited:
this mod how i can opened in fmt? because only with project i see i can
In FMT section for Editor click on the left top side where Project is readable. Than choose the Project File of the mod and it will load the containing mod. Now start the game and play.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I would support your work 100%.

But please, I am sure you have your vision, don't deviate from it. The community isn't an entity, it is multiple and it doesn't really now what it wants.

I am aware of that but honestly it's hard to create a whole game by 1 person. I just want to create the framework and all the base content that people that are much more smarter and creative than me can also contribute with. We are living in the golden era of game dev accessibility and power tools to develop amazing games. People have different vision and that's fine but at the end of the day, we all share the same root and want very similar game which is a proper football simulator. I gave up waiting for a game that really focuses in the offline football simulation aspect so instead of complaining, I decided to start building what I can and spend as long as I can to develop what we all want. I have already created a base framework for AI, Positioning, Physics and Animation but I won't share anything until I am happy with what I have. I don't want anyone to wait for it. Just pretend I didn't say anything about making any game.

Back
Top Bottom