FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

A lot improvements tomorrow. The biggest The Pitch Notes ever and The Biggest Gameplay Trailer ever.

My fear: The Live Team
I know I will get very excited, I can't help it. If guys like Witcher over on Twitter are raving about the gameplay reveal, I know it will sound great.

But their "Content Creators" (i.e. "GameChangers") are providing their feedback right now, and if it's anything like when I was playing the 22 beta, it's going to be "make it faster, make the AI (even) dumber, make it easier to score".

Whatever I see tomorrow, I have to remind myself that the gameplay won't be like that by the end of August, let alone the release of the game... Nobody got to play what I felt was the best version of FIFA 22 by far, the second-to-last version of the beta.

(Which was also the last version before they started implementing feedback.)

I know I will get very excited, I can't help it. If guys like Witcher over on Twitter are raving about the gameplay reveal, I know it will sound great.

But their "Content Creators" (i.e. "GameChangers") are providing their feedback right now, and if it's anything like when I was playing the 22 beta, it's going to be "make it faster, make the AI (even) dumber, make it easier to score".

Whatever I see tomorrow, I have to remind myself that the gameplay won't be like that by the end of August, let alone the release of the game... Nobody got to play what I felt was the best version of FIFA 22 by far, the second-to-last version of the beta.

(Which was also the last version before they started implementing feedback.)
Yes mate you're right. We were together on FIFA 22 beta forum, and the feeling of the second version was insane. Best FIFA to date. But as usual, FUT wanted a lot of downgrades with GK, increase speed, etc...
I'm excited but like the last five years, a patch will kill all the good things

I can't wait to score with spiderman
I still find it funny how people blow this completely out of proportions when in the end all it probably will be is: Tifo's, badges, Emblems and jerseys like all their other promotions they had in game so far. They have been doing these with different partners in FUT ever since they introduced Tifos.

I still find it funny how people blow this completely out of proportions when in the end all it probably will be is: Tifo's, badges, Emblems and jerseys like all their other promotions they had in game so far. They have been doing these with different partners in FUT ever since they introduced Tifos.

I was kind of intrigued all this talk about marvel.... But I think like you said its probably cosmetics and player FUT cards (not actual super heroes ones). They already have 10 different type of FUT cards for a player, whats one more... Then again I expect this to turn into something like the "free as a bird" comment, which can be found in every. single. page. of PES threads since 2014.

I didn't know there was an announcement tomorrow so looking forward to see what has changed.... then again like chris said doesnt matter what they show it will change 4-7 times in a year. Final game will be released 8/1/2023.

There's a reason that EA call these Content Creators (all the online and FUT shenanigans) the "GameChangers". Because they can literally change the game in terms of "how it plays" 😂

Jokes aside, I think this time, if you get any Beta or good version release, go and back it up instantly. I know it's only applicable on PC (or if you own a Physical copy of it), but hey, PC version will get the Next-gen makeover this time, XD.

Iron First needs to transform his punch on a kick "Iron Kick"
Also Luke Cage was already in the game under the nickname "Akinfenwa" (just 25 cm smaller to stay incognito)

I'd rather put him in goal, he can catch the ball with his web.
I'd rather use the web to render the opposing GK useless by blocking his arms, so I could then score with almost anyone (even 50-rated bronze players, if they're still a thing).

I don't think this justified the title of "The Biggest Gameplay Trailer ever". New tackles look nice, and turning around with the ball doesn't seem to use zero frames of animation so that's nice I guess.

Now let's find out the only thing that matters, is there any team defending other than the 1v1 crap, or is 50 shots per game still the norm? In which case watching ASMR videos to fall asleep is the much better & cheaper alternative.

I don't often say "looks exactly the same" but seriously, all of the actual gameplay clips... All the same issues. Most glaringly, skating and limbs going through limbs (which just doesn't seem to matter cos it's "only a game" and responsiveness is all that matters). Plus, defenders doing nothing, and literally turning away to walk off during certain dangerous moments.

Plus, all the goals they showed actual footage of, strikers were casually jogging through a chasm of space to score. We have that already. I don't see any difference, other than it being even easier to score with the new "power shot" bullshit.

I was desperately hoping for the "defending changes" section to have something about marking or positioning, but no. Plenty of new sexy attacking changes, and there's two defensive changes? A "next gen" machine-learning jockey (why the fuck do you need machine-learning to make a defender block a lane?), and... trumpets please... a harder tackle?! Whatever.

In a sentence:

I don't think this justified the title of "The Biggest Gameplay Trailer ever".

I have seen the trailer. Nothing crazy, only few touches. We can't feel the gameplay with a video.
The rythme is good. I have seen some ice skating moves, I hate that.
Tackles, 3 styles or running, it's good. I'm afraid about powershot.
6000 news animations, i hope it will be more realistic.

Maybe more nice things on Pitch note.

I have seen the trailer. Nothing crazy, only few touches. We can't feel the gameplay with a video.
The rythme is good. I have seen some ice skating moves, I hate that.
Tackles, 3 styles or running, it's good. I'm afraid about powershot.
6000 news animations, i hope it will be more realistic.

Maybe more nice things on Pitch note.

for me its more important that the animations are fluid, than realistic... don't wanna play PES anymore.

FIFA 23 GAMEPLAY DEEP DIVE

Hi everyone I’m Thomas Caleffi, gameplay producer on FIFA, and I’m eager to dive deep into the slew of gameplay updates we’re bringing to FIFA 23 alongside my colleagues Keegan Sabatino, Rory Hilson, Danillo Abreu, and Goran Popovic.

As with last year, you will see a ᴺᴳ or [NG] symbol/tag whenever a topic or feature discussed is exclusive to the new generation of consoles, PC, and Stadia (i.e., ᴺᴳ or [NG] = only on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Stadia).

And speaking of PC, we are happy to say that the the gameplay for the PC version of FIFA 23 will be the same as the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia versions of the game. We’ll have plenty more to share about the PC version of FIFA 23 in a future Pitch Notes.

Back
Top Bottom