FIFA 23 Discussion Thread (Console Versions)

I, for one, fully support EA in trying to earn as much money as possible, as things like gameplay quality & price seem to be non-factors and most people must get the newest shiny toy anyway.

Last edited:
I have to go disc… for the vanilla and reselling purposes.
80 bucks really is steep! 😳 maybe there is a release price drop at our local tech markets.

You know SpieleGrotte? They sell the Steelbook Edition for 69 Euros plus postage (2,50 €). Don't know if you can get higher discounts somewhere else for the physical copy. And if you really want to buy day one, they normally ship 1-2 days before release.

80 euros FFS, i've just falled of my chair, i'm currently writing with my ass on the ground. I've just fall twice, once after seeing the beta vid, the second after the price (was harder to get my head straight after the second fall)

That vid is the real Fifa untouched which cost 80 euros and the one which will be played online/on competition and be sold by millions. Just can't believe it.

@saturator if your "version" (sliders + assistance removed) is feeling different and even if it's not the best game you played and just want your annual Footie game, no one will stop or blame your for buying it. You don't play for people sake. No one.

You'll just be a naughty, naughty boy, and your wallet will hate you for the rest of your life that's all 😉

No joke we all buy unuseful stuff etc., but it's not a brand new game with 3-4 years of development, artistically and with a X years longevity like an Elden Ring or whatever else.
Perhaps because it's the last EA sports football game named "FIFA" with the official licence, or just a try at launch as people wants it day one, and there's no "full game" concurrent any more.
I know mate, i bought FIFA 23 for 50€ in France , the Series X version it's a good price.
For online people, what I see in these vidros is very awful. I know it's real 😅 It's a bad joke at 80€.

I will never played FIFA without sliders.
I have the chance to be selected to play the beta. We need to warning people the good and the bad of this game. You have two real feedbacks of users. Chris said it's sucks if you didn't touch anything and he's right. I played 5-6 matchs with the vanilla version to see what's wrong and what can I maybe fixed with sliders.

Untouched the game is bad on FUMA, it must be worst on FUTO.

Here, a lot of people played with sliders and it's interesting to see what happened. For now, i can't fixed the freaking high rate of shoot on goal. It's the first problem. But GK are top so you can have scores like 0-0 or 2-1 but with 21 shoots and your GK is the man of the match with 14 stops. It's unreal.

The game is slower than FIFA 22, night games

You know SpieleGrotte? They sell the Steelbook Edition for 69 Euros plus postage (2,50 €). Don't know if you can get higher discounts somewhere else for the physical copy. And if you really want to buy day one, they normally ship 1-2 days before release.
I know the company, yes.
i never ordered something from them… I usually go to the local store a day before release or release day.

if there is a guarantee it will arrive on release day or before, I’d take that offer.
not interested in the steelbook though, just want to play it asap.

maybe the 10hour trail will destroy all my plans anyway. 😊

I think the main thing all these videos are showing is the absolute BS of EA and its HYPERMOTION V2. It’s just laughable. I haven’t seen animation this bad since the PS1 or maybe even before that.

They’ve decided to pander to those people who want their players to kick the ball without swinging a leg at it.

That’s their decision. But then they try to sell it with talk of technological developments. You don’t need technological developments to take animation back to the year 2001. :THINK:

I, for one, fully support EA in trying to earn as much money as possible, as things like gameplay quality & price seem to be non-factors and most people must get the newest shiny toy anyway.

It's not a bad marketing try at all, i think the opposite and you're right. They profit about FIFAns addiction at their advantage, whatever the game is good or awful like you said, it's ain't a seal to sell their product right now. Their crowd will follow whatever it cost or play.

I just don't care about that move : it's business, they try (got the balls to do it)

More that i never seen that for an "yearly" game without big changes, it's not like a super-production or whatever other AAA game.
That's a first and i'm pretty astonished about EA's move than disgusted or yelling "stellers!" at them.

That’s their decision. But then they try to sell it with talk of technological developments. You don’t need technological developments to take animation back to the year 2001. :THINK:

Even more impressive they advertise 11v11 capture and the positioning and player logic looks worse than a random kickabout in a playground.

At least in a playground almost everyone chases the ball up and down, which probably compresses play more. And defending is obviously better in a playground game too.

Last edited:
With the absolute lack of AI you’d think they’d be able to release this game so much faster than once a year. They literally wouldn’t have to work on that whole aspect of the game.

@saturator on PS3 i was FIFA 1st as i loved Seasons (and people were less jerks), PES for offline time to time. I took it for serious only on PS3. From 08 to 14 (a bit less on Fifa 14 which is on my top 2 with the recoil : even if people feels the game bad, PES 2014 was something new and "fresh" since more than 7 years, counting Fifa 08. And very playable with official gameplay patches after patches)

But about Fifa, the 15/17 and even the 16 (sorry for the fans) were something i was just playing by habits, by instinct, brainless. Just winning and try to get higher possible, never FUT winning D1 Season or stopping for X reason : lost it because i didn't played, was a lot focused on Bloodborne/all Souls games, Nioh, etc.

It's hard to separate something that you're so used since 2007. That's why they could raise the price : people are addicts not by the gameplay, but by the mode and got their habits. Until they will get older and it will be enough (hope for them)

@Dennis_87 and @Mikhail - sorry, it looks like the stupid pitch wear is still happening after all.

If I sim to mid-December, there is no pitch wear. But someone on the feedback forums says it's still happening. I'm not sure why - whether it takes longer to appear now, or whether simming means the game doesn't take the wear into account...

But yeah, he's provided screenshots too. It's not fixed after all. I've asked him what month he's in so I can try simming again and see if it happens to me, or if it's to do with my kick-off pitch settings or something.

@saturator on PS3 i was FIFA 1st as i loved Seasons (and people were less jerks), PES for offline time to time. I took it for serious only on PS3. From 08 to 14 (a bit less on Fifa 14 which is on my top 2 with the recoil : even if people feels the game bad, PES 2014 was something new and "fresh" since more than 7 years, counting Fifa 08. And very playable with official gameplay patches after patches)

But about Fifa, the 15/17 and even the 16 (sorry for the fans) were something i was just playing by habits, by instinct, brainless. Just winning and try to get higher possible, never FUT winning D1 Season or stopping for X reason : lost it because i didn't played, was a lot focused on Bloodborne/all Souls games, Nioh, etc.

It's hard to separate something that you're so used since 2007. That's why they could raise the price : people are addicts not by the gameplay, but by the mode and got their habits. Until they will get older and it will be enough (hope for them)
Yes I bought FIFA and PES every year except PES 08, the worst PES of all Time!
I need my footy game. But career mode on PES sucks so, i played FIFA only.

FIFA 23 have a lot of new animations and I wonder why I can see its when i played and on others vidéos, the game looks very very bad.
It's the slow speed?

Because controls are more details and the glue is out. I didn't see that on beta videos.

I have no pitch problem : the grass is green. I'm playing in November

Last edited:
its absurd they will sue game-makers for sex scenes, crime, racism etc in video game ... but sue them for child-gambling in real life, no-one will
Well there was a court case in the Netherlands, but EA won apparently: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-wont-have-to-pay-11-million-fine-for-fifa-loot-boxes-after-all

According to this article they also won a class-action lawsuit.

So maybe it is less a problem of people not sueing and more a problem with the judges.

@Dennis_87 and @Mikhail - sorry, it looks like the stupid pitch wear is still happening after all.

If I sim to mid-December, there is no pitch wear. But someone on the feedback forums says it's still happening. I'm not sure why - whether it takes longer to appear now, or whether simming means the game doesn't take the wear into account...

But yeah, he's provided screenshots too. It's not fixed after all. I've asked him what month he's in so I can try simming again and see if it happens to me, or if it's to do with my kick-off pitch settings or something.
Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciate it. You’ve saved me £60 - I can’t handle the pitch wear, it’s a big immersion breaker for me.

EA are f**king clueless!

You can use all weather pitch which doesn't cut up I guess, now if you all don't mind I'm trying to enjoy my worn out pitch.

Last edited:
Yes I bought FIFA and PES every year except PES 08, the worst PES of all Time!
Hmmm it was the biggest "deception" about what we are waiting for but... Sorry for the O.T., it's objectively not a bad game / but it's another story:

In fact, with a big recoil we got now : the game is just a PES 6 in HD, with less assistance in defence, a bit more misses too in passing/shooting, a bit improved and more focused on AI positioning than contact. (Improved > i don't like PES 6 PS2-PC just for info, too fast and arcade, not the worst but on my top 5 "worst PES" easy after PES 2016, WE8/PES 4 and the very worst : PES 2009 )

I play and try a lot of retro since almost 2 years.

Back in 2007-08 : we all waited for something enhanced, fresh, a new engine and what we got was a game playing like PS2 version with a PS2 engine and the only improvement was a better AI (Teamvision... But it works) We talked about it in the Retro-PES section and believe me, it's not a matter of being fan or a matter of nostalgia, but that game isn't that bad. He isn't even bad : just visually weird for the time with the new models + HD + a simple PS2 engine conversion maked it very robotic, with animations and the cam + v-sync fucked up on PS360 bad optimised.

But right now, replaying it i see by far less those stuffs, since i tried tons of PES 5/6 patch HD on PC... In fact it's kinda the same as some PES 6 patches.

I remember one thing : we/my friends and Wearepes complained a lot on PS2 about the defensive side always too easy and empty : the teamvision even rectified something that was on many, many PES/WE versions.

Also there's a "lost game" : PES 6 Xbox 360, i owned it and it was pretty different than PES 6 PC/PS2, test affirm it and i can affirm it too. Not the same guys did that version. More balanced, slower etc. you can check on pretty old test about gameplay rating.
They keept the same more or less model as on PS2 so animations were more natural than the following PES 2008-09-10.

Now PES 2009... That one is really one of the 3 worst of all time, the fastest, followed by PES 2016 and WE8 (PES 4 is a masterpiece vs that one).

In brief : PES 2008 PC is a PS2 HD with more variety in AI, both offensive and defensive but with less assistance in defence (people didn't liked it at the the time : now they're all asking to get less assistance ! It's another generation... PES 2008 is much more assisted in a good way than every FIFA since the 19)

Thrust me, we replayed the way it should have been on the retro PES thread and it's not the worst at all : more using the sliding tackle (something we rarely did in PS2) and they make it "longer" to cut passes etc., more balanced than 2009-2010 similar engine.

And score could be balanced if you play the way it's mean to be played.

Still.... The PS2 version is better > kinda normal as it's one of the best PES of all PS2 era followed by WE9LE (i don't count the improved version such as JL2008). It's my 1st favorite season (i count JL2008 on it) ex-aequo with WE9/PES5/WE9LE
------------
BUT one thing is sure : FIFA 08 was much more fits for his time. That's what people waited for.
I played more that one just because it was fresh, balanced, what we waited for a "next-gen" football game even with some flaws and limitations > the big Fifa turning point.... I didn't liked everything (like all players feeled the same, speed was completely unuseful, you just feelt that players were stronger but you couldn't tell for what, just you scored or passed through the defense. But whatever : the game was great at the time.
I replayed it, and weirdly, with the Fifa + PES current experience, i scored easier. The game seemed faster too, but just what is needed. On my PS3 jailbreak ;)

Sorry for the (again) long post and the O.T. even if it's a spoiler. I won't go to the retro-thread and quote him...
Hard to talk about the vids to be honest... They're so weird, you can't tell what the hell they're trying to do. Nothing to describe.

(Until now, i will tone down the length of my posts. Just want to tell everything at once lol, like if we were in 2005 forums)

Last edited:
Wholeheartedly agree with @vialli82 about Pes 2008.

As I said in the Master League thread (am playing one on it atm) I think it bombed for (apparent) lack of novelty and specifically on Pc for how miserably it was ported on the technical side. As Vialli already pointed out, since 2008 was the first next gen chapter people were also expecting to being blown away.. and that happened with Fifa 08. So all in all I think the flop was fair play.

Replaying it today with different eyes, tho, while it still suffers from problems here and there it does have some really peculiar AI that at the times was probably overlooked and, of course, the overall "Pes" feel that envelopes it all and gives a very fun and "different" experience under certain circumstances. After playing both I think this teamvision was way more powerful than what the Ps2 one had, but the former being more generally polished and having that life long loved engine, it's probably easier to appreciate.

Anyway, sorry for the OT, just in case we can resume on the Retro thread.

They can do it because people like you buy this crap anyway... That's the circle of stupidity, all people complain about this shit game, but on day 1 it's like "shut up and take my money"

Sad but true. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yea. You can tell me an option where I can play a football game with kits, squads, teams, nationalteams, all possible competions and so on, in one game? Pes2021 is defentiley no option fifa16 and eFutball too no option.
If so? Tell me I would be lucky. 😁

It is pretty crazy how much prices have increased. To be honest these games drop in price pretty fast. Usually a month in you will probbably see it at the "normal" price ($59.99, I'm in the US though), usually by black friday they are down to $29.99
Don't know what platform you are looking for me the best deal is on xbox because Gamepass Ultimate has 10% off due to EA play so instead of 69.99 its 62.99. I think the 10% off might apply to PC too if you have gamepass.
But yeah.. prices are ridiculous.
My SNES games were $49.99 although money back then wasnt worth what it is now....
Thanks! Hi mate, I think I would maybe buy it for my series x doesn't matter if disc or key.

I did the following:
1. I bought cheaper PSN credit due Eneba (factor 0,78)
2. I bought a one month membership of EA Play for 0,99€ to get 10% discount
3. I used FIFA 22 to get another 10% of discount

Overall I paid 64€ for the Ultimate version instead of 99€. You can use this method of course also for the Standard Edition.
Hi Nisoley, thanks mate. Does this work with the xbox series x too? sorry for this kind of question. But this is my first very own console.

I have to go disc… for the vanilla and reselling purposes.
80 bucks really is steep! 😳 maybe there is a release price drop at our local tech markets.
My local store is min 120km both way and at that moment I have no car. I'm live at a very small villiage. But it could be an option. thanks mate!

Maybe I will wait for black friday sales.

Train Sim World 3 is coming in September (who have Game Pass it will be available there on day one).

Their new main feature is dynamic weather

Back
Top Bottom