FIFA 22 | Enhanced Gameplay w/Sliders | #0.3

Nice flow of the game and the animations in general. Changing the directions feels great!
Thanks! Glad you liked it
W

hile installing this from fifa mod manager I get an error saying mod was created for a different game version so some legacy files probably won't work. what should I do?
ignore the msg and just apply the mod
Looks good gonna try this mod when im home from Work
Thank you, any feedbacks is appreciated

Update #0.3
Sliders
● Slightly reduced shot error for less artificial errors

Player Movement
● Adjusted some movement speed / acceleration
● Adjusted sprint explosiveness to allow for more dynamic gameplay
● Adjusted some turning / changing direction speed

Dribbling
● Adjusted some dribbling and traps
● Slightly faster dribble sprint start
● Slightly faster skill moves
● Adjusted some dribble turns / change of direction speed

Collision
● Strength are taken more into play and will affect some collision scenarios
● As a result, injuries will happen slightly more often

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay - Sliders #0.3.zip
    324.9 KB · Views: 77
Update #0.3
Sliders

Player Movement

Dribbling

Collision
Just tried this now with the latest update, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong (I've got the gameplay mod right down the bottom of the mod list at #1) but as Leeds v Villa (using the sliders in the video), the game speed was craaaaazy fast (much faster than your video, as if I was playing on "fast" speed).

Wondering if a live update has screwed with your work (but the most recent one was only for the next-gen versions). Either that or I've messed something up...

Update #0.3
Sliders

Player Movement

Dribbling

Collision
Looks great, what camera are you using in this video?

Just tried this now with the latest update, and I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong (I've got the gameplay mod right down the bottom of the mod list at #1) but as Leeds v Villa (using the sliders in the video), the game speed was craaaaazy fast (much faster than your video, as if I was playing on "fast" speed).

Wondering if a live update has screwed with your work (but the most recent one was only for the next-gen versions). Either that or I've messed something up...
Hmm try deleting moddata just to be sure, can u post some videos maybe?

Hi @citizenkidd!
I do like this 0.3 version. Slow pace which makes the game more realistic and thorough build of chances.
If you really want to find some flaws, I find weird the skatiness of the players when they let the ball pass in comparison with the other animations that are way more realistic. Not sure if it’s a limit of the engine and there is not more to do to fix it.
The other things is fouls occurring too seldom.
Lastly, it’s the AI which does not cross on the wing but goes back to move the ball to the other feet and buy time before crossing… not really natural.
Outside these 3 aspects, I find the gp an awful lot more enjoyable than the vanilla one.
Great job and look forward to trying out further tweaks. Thanks a lot for your contribution to improving the game!

Last edited:
Is there anything that can be done from a mods perspective to force midfielders to defend?

I can stand near a CM, between them and their goal, and they will refuse to engage - instead the AI sends a CB flying forward 30 yards to come and get me.

This is on World Class and Legendary, as Tranmere vs any team in the same league.

I can't carry on playing with it like this, because the result is passing straight through the midfield and attacking non-stop from both teams. It's unbearable. (Not because of the mod, obviously - because the game is bloody awful.)

Is there anything that can be done from a mods perspective to force midfielders to defend?

I can stand near a CM, between them and their goal, and they will refuse to engage - instead the AI sends a CB flying forward 30 yards to come and get me.

This is on World Class and Legendary, as Tranmere vs any team in the same league.

I can't carry on playing with it like this, because the result is passing straight through the midfield and attacking non-stop from both teams. It's unbearable. (Not because of the mod, obviously - because the game is bloody awful.)
The game will give you a miserable time if the opponent are about to come in our yard. Instead of Defensive Midfielders and Centre Midfielders, the game would sent a CB down the line just to give them some space to pass and score an easy goal. This is not football, this is Maguire simulator to be honest (no disrespect to a human being, but as a football player with a bad form these days).

I found some old Luas by Esim for Fifa21 that fortunately still work for Fifa22, they allow you to edit various stats of all players in game, stamina, ball control, dribbling, agility. I used them to take 15% of every player's stamina and 50% off every player's ball control, already see quite the difference :)

Using them you can edit any stat, so I wonder if editing every player's DEFENSIVE AWARENESS would help with the midfield marking?

I found some old Luas by Esim for Fifa21 that fortunately still work for Fifa22, they allow you to edit various stats of all players in game, stamina, ball control, dribbling, agility. I used them to take 15% of every player's stamina and 50% off every player's ball control, already see quite the difference :)

Using them you can edit any stat, so I wonder if editing every player's DEFENSIVE AWARENESS would help with the midfield marking?
I would imagine it's all hardcoded now, as changing the "marking" slider just makes defenders more aggressive rather than "wake up" the midfield. But I hope I'm wrong!

I was watching Match of the Day last night and almost every chance in every game, the box would have at least one midfielder in it - often the entire midfield depending on how slow the opponent's build-up was. In FIFA, midfielders just aren't "allowed" to be part of defending, so either you overload the defensive line and score easily (while the midfielders stand by the centre circle watching), or a defender wins the ball, passes to the unmarked CMs and they pound forward completely unopposed, over and over and over...

Any "fixes" I've found have just been to slow down their progress by reducing speed, or pushing the defensive line higher to "replace" the midfield's defensive duties (leaving a chasm behind them). They're not real fixes, sadly. Hence why I asked if there's any modders out there who can maybe find this "midfielders do nothing" code and turn it off. But my suspicion is that they've just deleted all midfielder defensive AI...

I would imagine it's all hardcoded now, as changing the "marking" slider just makes defenders more aggressive rather than "wake up" the midfield. But I hope I'm wrong!

I was watching Match of the Day last night and almost every chance in every game, the box would have at least one midfielder in it - often the entire midfield depending on how slow the opponent's build-up was. In FIFA, midfielders just aren't "allowed" to be part of defending, so either you overload the defensive line and score easily (while the midfielders stand by the centre circle watching), or a defender wins the ball, passes to the unmarked CMs and they pound forward completely unopposed, over and over and over...

Any "fixes" I've found have just been to slow down their progress by reducing speed, or pushing the defensive line higher to "replace" the midfield's defensive duties (leaving a chasm behind them). They're not real fixes, sadly. Hence why I asked if there's any modders out there who can maybe find this "midfielders do nothing" code and turn it off. But my suspicion is that they've just deleted all midfielder defensive AI...
Yeah it's the one thing that's plagued football games this generation and the only reason I can think of is - It's an intentional design choice to enable matches to flow and be more open ended to casuals. The majority of people who play football games especially online aren't football nerds like us, All they know is the end product and what superstars scored this week on social media.

They don't care what work goes into the goal or rather what tactics result in goals being prevented and if that was realistically reflected in a game, they'd get frustrated and spend their money elsewhere.

However, we get frustrated because we end up scoring deflating goals that felt like there wasn't much resistance or conceding a goal because only one player at a time is allowed like you say, to mount a challenge while the others stand there until we permit them to with the cursor.

Defenders would never ever play again if a manager saw them sauntering the way they do on these games we find it jarring because it's such bullshit.

It'll be like never allowing to change gears in a racing game because you MUST be overtaken to create challenge regardless of skill and the game's auto gear change keeps betraying you at random to keep you on your toes and take away pure control from you because woo hahah - artificial challenge!

Hi, will the mod be updated for tu9?

Thanks
I think you didn't even bother to read the Original post? It is clearly mentioned that "non-legacy files like gameplay should still work regardless of Title Updates". So, it should work with Title Update 9 mate.

I think you didn't even bother to read the Original post? It is clearly mentioned that "non-legacy files like gameplay should still work regardless of Title Updates". So, it should work with Title Update 9 mate.
yes, i read quiet, i knew, but i saw that with the latest update the mo game looks different and much faster. sorry I didn't specify

yes, i read quiet, i knew, but i saw that with the latest update the mo game looks different and much faster. sorry I didn't specify
I stopped playing FIFA 22 after they released TU 6.1 or 7 I believe...? Since then, I've never played this or any mods. Like you said, maybe the new TU9's game speed is a bit faster..? In this case, you can try this mod and compare it between default gameplay of TU9.

I stopped playing FIFA 22 after they released TU 6.1 or 7 I believe...? Since then, I've never played this or any mods. Like you said, maybe the new TU9's game speed is a bit faster..? In this case, you can try this mod and compare it between default gameplay of TU9.
keep in mind that I come from pes all modded, man this year was unplayable, I tried fifa 22 with mods up to 0.3 and the EEP and I was trying to satisfy myself. after the last tu9 update last night i connected, i found it unplayable, all very fast super arcade, i immediately disconnected, tonight i try to reconnect again

keep in mind that I come from pes all modded, man this year was unplayable, I tried fifa 22 with mods up to 0.3 and the EEP and I was trying to satisfy myself. after the last tu9 update last night i connected, i found it unplayable, all very fast super arcade, i immediately disconnected, tonight i try to reconnect again
Yes, same. I was also on PES fully modded before I tried FIFA 22. I found that the gameplay of FIFA is not quite enjoyable (for me though), not any modder's fault. It's the EA, of course. After stopped playing FIFA 22, I went back to PES again. I'm planning to re-visit FIFA 22 in future. Anyway, if you find the new TU is quite fast, then wait for @citizenkidd's new update.. Maybe 0.4..? or use the sliders only from Operation Sports or @Anth James .. Good luck. :)

I've just seen this. :CONF:

Sure. As I said many times in FIFA, the stats have even more impact to the gameplay than sliders or whatever. They are heavily overpowered...

I stopped sharing those Scripts because ruin Career Mode transfers due to the low value player has after editing their stats. But I'll resume them to achieve a great % balance on these stats for those who enjoy playing Kick-off matches

I've just seen this. :CONF:

Sure. As I said many times in FIFA, the stats have even more impact to the gameplay than sliders or whatever. They are heavily overpowered...

I stopped sharing those Scripts because ruin Career Mode transfers due to the low value player has after editing their stats. But I'll resume them to achieve a great % balance on these stats for those who enjoy playing Kick-off matches
When will your mods be available in this forum? Curious to see your opinion.

Question. There is any way to make the game slower like PES 2021 without the game loss the balance and the balance of the players movement. The game is pretty good with low end teams like English League Division 4.

Back
Top Bottom