● Tighter markings
● Adjusted run frequency for slower gameplay
● Adjusted positional/formation lines
● More FT control error

Player Movement
● Smoother player animation cycle
● Slower player movement speed overall
● Short term fatigue causes more acceleration penalty
● Realistic sprinting (not too slow to allow more dynamic gameplay)

Dribbling
● Adjusted dribbling mechanics
● Realistic dribble trap
● More ball knock and flick power
● Ball stick less to player feet (also after skill moves)

Collision
● Strength are taken more into play and will affect some collision scenarios
● As a result, injuries will happen slightly more often

Player Emotion
● Slightly more facial animation range

Graphics
● Removed ball bounce marker indicator

Others
● Removed all pre-match attribute boosts
● Disabled emotion engine so player perform more according to their attributes
● Slower and gameplay flow (moving, kicking, etc)
● Slightly higher match intensity

Notes:
!! Recommended to be played with similar controller settings (semi & manual)
! Ignore if mod manager says its outdated, non-legacy files like gameplay should still work regardless of Title Updates

Sliders
● Slightly reduced shot error for less artificial errors

Player Movement
● Adjusted some movement speed / acceleration
● Adjusted sprint explosiveness to allow for more dynamic gameplay
● Adjusted some turning / changing direction speed

Dribbling
● Adjusted some dribbling and traps
● Slightly faster dribble sprint start
● Slightly faster skill moves
● Adjusted some dribble turns / change of direction speed

Collision
● Strength are taken more into play and will affect some collision scenarios
● As a result, injuries will happen slightly more often

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay - Sliders #0.3.zip
    324.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Thanks so much for everything! do you leave the sliders by default?
Yeah i used default sliders, but for the time being u can use any sliders to compensate things I haven't touched yet, feel free to play around

Update #0.2g
Player Movement:
+ Smoother change of direction trajectory/animation and stopping from full sprint [#0.2]
Others:
+ Slightly increased player reaction/reflex to compensate with slowed down gameplay to prevent the game from playing too slow [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2g.fifamod.zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 34
Not sure which of your addons this should apply to, but stamina/fatigue, what's your thoughts on that? I'd say sprinting doesn't get punished anywhere near enough and I'm at the point now where I really don't need to make subs. More stamina drain + more risk of injury for fatigued players would be great IMO.

I tried with the default slider and I was pleasantly surprised, I saw new animations but above all the cpu create some football-like actions. great job, this afternoon I will continue with the tests.

P.S thank you for your work that you share

Not sure which of your addons this should apply to, but stamina/fatigue, what's your thoughts on that? I'd say sprinting doesn't get punished anywhere near enough and I'm at the point now where I really don't need to make subs. More stamina drain + more risk of injury for fatigued players would be great IMO.
There are some lines that might fix it, I'll try to mess around and see what can be done, thanks for the idea!
I tried with the default slider and I was pleasantly surprised, I saw new animations but above all the cpu create some football-like actions. great job, this afternoon I will continue with the tests.

P.S thank you for your work that you share
Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it
thank you!
Your welcome!

Am I the only one who has too many scores in a match. After this gameplay mod, too many goals occured in a match. UI defenders became to not marking hardly.

Am I the only one who has too many scores in a match. After this gameplay mod, too many goals occured in a match. UI defenders became to not marking hardly.
There are a lot of aspect that could affect that, can you elaborate a little bit so I can pinpoint the cause?

Update #0.2k:
+ Smoother change of direction [#0.2]
+ Smoother change of direction [#0.2]
+ Smoother stopping strafe
+ Smoother change of direction and better player animation [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2k.fifamod.zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 17
Update #0.2p:
+ More shot error chances by CPU AI [#0.2]
+ More shot errors [#0.2]
+ Reduced player acceleration and acceleration boosts [#0.2]
+ More dribble interrupt [#0.2]
+ Less collision damage, previous made each match have too many injured players [#0.2]
+ Less chances of CPU taking long shots [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2p.fifamod.zip
    119.4 KB · Views: 10
Update #0.2t:
+ More shot and dribble error by CPU [#0.2]
+ Tighter markings [#0.2]
+ Reset acceleration reduction to prevent weird foot planting and skating issues [#0.2]
+ Smoother stop animation from sprint dribble [#0.2]
+ More spin [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2t.fifamod.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 15
Update #0.2t:
+ More shot and dribble error by CPU [#0.2]
+ Tighter markings [#0.2]
+ Reset acceleration reduction to prevent weird foot planting and skating issues [#0.2]
+ Smoother stop animation from sprint dribble [#0.2]
+ More spin [#0.2]
Are there several versions that are different from each other or a single version improved from time to time? thank you

Update #0.2x:
Movement:
+ Smoother change of direction when running [#0.2]
AI:
+ More natural build up play by CPU, they will now take more into consideration when passing, less monotone forward passes straight to attackers [#0.2]
Movement:
+ Smoother change of direction turning with the ball [#0.2]
+ Slower sprint/speed [#0.2]
Corner kick:
+ Reset error, previous was too much, will implement more balanced errors in future updates [#0.1]
Movement:
+ Increase sprint/speed a bit, previous made player looks like they don't have acceleration [#0.2]
Dribbling:
+ More controlled dribbling when changing direction while sprinting [#0.2]
Dribbling:
+ Less dribble acceleration boost [#0.2]
Positioning:
+ More intelligent defender marking [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2x.fifamod.zip
    123 KB · Views: 12
Always use latest version, which is now #0.2x, hope u enjoy it, any feedback is much appreciated, cheers!
First impression: Perfect pace of play, with few chances on both sides and much more realistic player movements. The physics of the ball are also excellent. The only thing I always notice in this Fifa: when you start on the break the OPPONENT central defenders do not mark well enough. If I were able to change certain parameters, it would also increase the fatigue of the players. Can it be increased? So it is also more realistic in a season, to make turnover.

First impression: Perfect pace of play, with few chances on both sides and much more realistic player movements. The physics of the ball are also excellent.
Thanks for the feedback!
The only thing I always notice in this Fifa: when you start on the break the OPPONENT central defenders do not mark well enough. If I were able to change certain parameters, it would also increase the fatigue of the players. Can it be increased? So it is also more realistic in a season, to make turnover.
Hmm i don't quite understand it, do u mean opponent defenders especially CB doesn't mark/track their man well enough?

Update #0.2z:
Dribbling:
+ Easier control when changing direction [#0.2]
+ Smoother dribble stop/change direction from sprinting [#0.2]
Dribbling:
+ Smoother and more controlled dribble trap [#0.2]
CPU AI:
+ More build up play [#0.2]
+ Less long shots [#0.2]
+ Less inhuman interceptions [#0.2]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.2z.fifamod.zip
    123.4 KB · Views: 12
Update #0.3d:
Dribbling:
+ Smoother dribbling animation, there was some jittering on previous versions, my bad [#0.3]
+ More natural dribble trap, ball not sticking to player feet [#0.3]
Dribbling:
+ Smoother dribbling animation [#0.3]
+ Slightly increased ball knock power so u can recreate that gareth bale run ;) [#0.3]
Dribbling:
+ Reworked ball flick so it flicks more accordingly to how much power was used [#0.3]
Other:
+ Fix some unintended values [#0.3]
Dribbling:
+ Less ball stick to player feet [#0.3]

Attachments

• Enhanced Gameplay #0.3d.fifamod.zip
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
Hi @citizenkidd.

Wanted to write you couple of points about 0.2 version, but you already released 0.3.
I'm really surprised by the very good quality of 0.3.

Here is what I liked:
  • You have re-balanced player movement and animation speed, so they are looking very good now. In 0.2 there were still some movements that were performed unrealistically fast, but it looks like you solved the issue in 0.3.

What I really amazed about:
  • AI build up play. It amazing. Now I don't know what to expect from AI. I lose my very first game 0-3 on Legendary. The game was looking too easy to me before you introduced the AI build-up changes. And I like when it is hard to defend. Pls do not make the game easier anymore.
  • You achieve unachievable with detaching the ball from the foot. I looks simply amazing. This is something I last saw in FIFA 19 and PES games. This is something EA removed starting from FIFA 20 and made the game feels arcade. Thank you for that. Now it really feels like players having that realistic delay on the first touch and releasing a ball a bit further on the next touches.

Here is what needs some improvements:
  • Even if you made the ball more free, there are still very-very rare moments when players are gluing the ball to the feet even when the ball is quite hard. But as I said those are very rare. We can just ignore.
  • Looks like you a bit over-randomized passing for both, human and CPU. Sometimes it causes very weird passes, that are misdirected completely (by 45-60 degrees) and too overpowered.

Pls keep going, but for me 03.d is the best version for now.

Great mod mate.

The revamped animation system is great, and the flow of the game is on point. In some cases exist an transition animation that the player make little steps to adjust the kick/pass/position... and it is feel incredible real, excelent!, Every suden turn / movement need of that style of transition (little steps), yes it is a bit unresponsive coz the transitional animation but its look and feel real and great.

I leave 2 videos of animation bugs when the players fall or stumble. (It is not happen every time)

1st. An animation super slow in the middle of the game (When Smith Row almost fall)

2do. An interrupted animation of Auba (When he almost fall)

Wanted to write you couple of points about 0.2 version, but you already released 0.3.
I'm really surprised by the very good quality of 0.3.
Hello there! Thanks for the kind words and feedback! Sorry about the versioning I always found new things to tweak each day so that's why updates are so fast lol
Here is what I liked:
  • You have re-balanced player movement and animation speed, so they are looking very good now. In 0.2 there were still some movements that were performed unrealistically fast, but it looks like you solved the issue in 0.3.
Yep in 0.2 it's unfinished, I can say 0.3 has achieve the animation that I want and its time to move to other aspects (I've been tweaking this ever since 0.1)
What I really amazed about:
  • AI build up play. It amazing. Now I don't know what to expect from AI. I lose my very first game 0-3 on Legendary. The game was looking too easy to me before you introduced the AI build-up changes. And I like when it is hard to defend. Pls do not make the game easier anymore.
Some ppl have been noticing this aswell, I'm quite surprised it turned out well, still lacks of creativity tho so expect more updates on this part, my next focus will be to fix to everlasting AI monotone dribble to corner on every attack.
  • You achieve unachievable with detaching the ball from the foot. I looks simply amazing. This is something I last saw in FIFA 19 and PES games. This is something EA removed starting from FIFA 20 and made the game feels arcade. Thank you for that. Now it really feels like players having that realistic delay on the first touch and releasing a ball a bit further on the next touches.
Yeah I think with my latest versions 0.3f the issue with ball sticking to feet is gone (or atleast more realistic). Will release the new versions soon!
Here is what needs some improvements:
  • Looks like you a bit over-randomized passing for both, human and CPU. Sometimes it causes very weird passes, that are misdirected completely (by 45-60 degrees) and too overpowered.
It's funny because I haven't really touch passing that much but been noticing this aswell lol, they sometimes just pass into random area of the pitch haha. Will look more into it.
Pls keep going, but for me 03.d is the best version for now.
Sure will do! I can't play the game with default gameplay so I made this mod for own my sanity lel, glad it works out well for u guys!

Great mod mate.

The revamped animation system is great, and the flow of the game is on point. In some cases exist an transition animation that the player make little steps to adjust the kick/pass/position... and it is feel incredible real, excelent!, Every suden turn / movement need of that style of transition (little steps), yes it is a bit unresponsive coz the transitional animation but its look and feel real and great.
Thanks, glad you liked it! Yes animation is the first focus that I've been working on for quite some time and finally it turned out well
I leave 2 videos of animation bugs when the players fall or stumble. (It is not happen every time)

1st. An animation super slow in the middle of the game (When Smith Row almost fall)

Hmm.. If I may guess maybe its because of the increased player collision damage, u can see that Rowe was having collision/tackled by the other player a few seconds before that and thus he's stumbling because of the increased collision damage he takes.
2do. An interrupted animation of Auba (When he almost fall)

Yep same as above, happens because of increased damage output.
Really appreciate u taking time to record stuffs and upload it for feedback, thanks for taking the time to do so!

tried the latest version of your gameplay. nice nice nice. the match pace is perfect. Varied and balanced matches. If possible, but it is my thought, I would like more fouls by the CPU, in the last match played (professional level) of 10 minutes half time the CPU has committed 34 tackles and only one foul. For my way of playing I would prefer, if possible, to make the professional level more difficult, which is the one without scripts and various boosts. At the moment a little too easy to steal the ball with the pressing and not very aggressive cpu although I have set the slider marking to 70. However with a few tweaks you can achieve excellent gameplay. Thanks for sharing your work.

EDIT : to explain me better: the legend level, which I do not mind anyway, is considered full of boosts and scripts in favor of the cpu but it is undeniable how the teams at this level cover the field and the spaces in a more realistic way, it would take, according to me, the professional level with the AI of the legend level

Last edited:
tried the latest version of your gameplay. nice nice nice. the match pace is perfect. Varied and balanced matches. If possible, but it is my thought, I would like more fouls by the CPU, in the last match played (professional level) of 10 minutes half time the CPU has committed 34 tackles and only one foul. For my way of playing I would prefer, if possible, to make the professional level more difficult, which is the one without scripts and various boosts. At the moment a little too easy to steal the ball with the pressing and not very aggressive cpu although I have set the slider marking to 70. However with a few tweaks you can achieve excellent gameplay. Thanks for sharing your work.

EDIT : to explain me better: the legend level, which I do not mind anyway, is considered full of boosts and scripts in favor of the cpu but it is undeniable how the teams at this level cover the field and the spaces in a more realistic way, it would take, according to me, the professional level with the AI of the legend level
Hello nice to hear its workin for u!
So u mean the AI level for markings at professional difficulty needs to be on par with legendary AI?

Back
Top Bottom