FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I think this is even better!

View attachment 122823
If there was no such thing as social media, no such thing as streaming or monetising you're gaming hobby... This lad would be nothing more than a low IQ donkey working in a warehouse somewhere playing armchair pundit on the weekends football in as little as 5 words on his fag break.

The Internet really does give your average moron off the street a voice that's unfortunately pretty influencial under the right circumstances & that's not always good. And that's the direction society is heading in.

I discovered Krebstar’s sliders for FIFA 19 and apply variations of them to all Fifa now for FUMA.

The main points for slowing it down are these:
PASSING: Human 40/13 CPU (believe it or not, on manual passing this looks like the same speed in-game)
FIRST TOUCH ERROR: 95/95
SPRINT: 35/35
POWER BAR: 60
thats a start. i'll try these settings tonight!

I think this is even better!

View attachment 122823

"Crazy fast fingers & shit for brains" is a fair assessment of this new e-sports crowd taking over sport games. (And slightly off-topic, but remember: this is the new crowd Konami is after now!) 🤣
my version:
the skill gap should be where football loving gamers are good at;
knowledge of the sport; tactical thinking, always being able to conquer the opponent with a combination of knowledge and dexterity at the sticks, and make the possible look like the real thing!

:D

Last edited:
If there was no such thing as social media, no such thing as streaming or monetising you're gaming hobby... This lad would be nothing more than a low IQ donkey working in a warehouse somewhere playing armchair pundit on the weekends football in as little as 5 words on his fag break.

The Internet really does give your average moron off the street a voice that's unfortunately pretty influencial under the right circumstances & that's not always good. And that's the direction society is heading in.

I hear ya bro. And it seems no matter what idiot is saying it, it is usually disguised under the vale and glamour of ‘video content’ which for some reason appears to be more ‘authentic’ than other modes of content…

I really like it. Played vs world class and human also. Ai plays really good, low scores. Great nets, great feeling to score a goal. Tempo is good. It was really hard and entertaining. Grass should look better... Graphic is allright. I saw ai dribbled nice, skill moves, crosses and created good chances. Played on semi and manual shooting

Give those idiots the "game" they want, but just set slow speed in game settings to be slow (realistic) .... for normal part of humankind.

I discovered Krebstar’s sliders for FIFA 19 and apply variations of them to all Fifa now for FUMA.

The main points for slowing it down are these:
PASSING: Human 40/13 CPU (believe it or not, on manual passing this looks like the same speed in-game)
FIRST TOUCH ERROR: 95/95
SPRINT: 35/35
POWER BAR: 60

Krebstars sliders are so good. On fifa 19 they create the most compact, scrappy, wild game I've ever played.

It's like saying a film should be a film & Schindler's List needed more spaceships & strippers, nobody wants to be reminded of the reality...

Yeah. Sophie's Choice really needed a 'family holiday to Disneyland' option...

The comments are relatively reassuring, at least. I'm not really sure what the consensus reaction is. I don't care to find out as I anticipate it making me sad and angry (sangry).

Ah, the circus already set things in motion. It's funny because 22 is certainly not as slow as a real football game from what I'm seeing in videos. I mean there still are plenty of goals and "normal" stats. But I see the blue thicks love these fantasy hyperboles so much when it suits their idiotic narratives.

Normal is way, way too fast. Playing "online seasons" (the only online mode I ever really want to give a chance to) is WAY, WAY too fast.

I didn't realise that NOT ONLY is "online seasons" on normal speed, but it gets the "new" attributes (which boost all position-relevant stats by fairly large amounts).

So even if I wanted to play online... I have to sign up to this "make it like Mario Strikers Charged" philosophy. Dogshit.

This "new attributes" thing is such an awful feature, and my fear is that eventually, "classic attributes" will just go away.

Which difficulty do you play on? is "PLAYER BASED DIFFICULTY" on/off?
I'm still experimenting.

"Player Based Difficulty", I want to know more about it. Is it just upping those players to "Ultimate" difficulty (which is horrendous)? Is it boosting their stats like the "new" attributes setting (which I don't like either)?

Also, it seems like it can only impact a handful of players at a time. So if I play PSG, how are Messi, Neymar and Mbappe boosted but nobody else is?

I'm even switching between World Class and Legendary. I think World Class might be waaayyy too passive, and even if I handicap myself with manual/semi controls, it still feels crap to run through an empty midfield. Yet, it's not always like that.

Last edited:
After some matches I can say that the feeling is not so bad. I hope in some sliders adjustment too slow down the overall speed.
The thing that I don't like is that AI is always too perfect in positioning. Lines are always tight and I've never seen CPU stretch the formation.
This means that player have to speed up passes to find spaces.

Well, "not so bad" is enough for me to buy it i think. Just the "it's a bit like FIFA 19" that i sold perhaps the month later my buy has slowed me down.
But with graphics and global ambiance i saw on vids... I won't lie, it's appealing and a big +.
Replays looks so detailled, from close range to less close when you see the crowd etc.

I also checked the two vids comparing PS4 and PS5 version. There's a lot of transitions animations missing on PS4, but animations which seems to have influence in the game. Even if the flow, speed etc. seems very similar, it's not at all, less, much more smooth overally.

But i decided to finally start and for once and all FINISH my PS4 games, on my PS5 with enhancement (GOW looks super on it for example, i was already impressed by Nioh 60fps 4k and Darks Souls 3 but that one...)
Break of football game until perhaps November or December. So i'll see the state of advancement patch after patch, and perhaps buy the game on ebay, i don't care if someone used it before as long as the disc isn't plenty of scratches

Last edited:
Normal is way, way too fast. Playing "online seasons" (the only online mode I ever really want to give a chance to) is WAY, WAY too fast.

I'm even switching between World Class and Legendary. I think World Class might be waaayyy too passive, and even if I handicap myself with ma

Online seasons would be slower and acceptable only manual vs manual

I never play online but wanted to look at Ultimate Team for the first time in several years, to see what they've made of it. If somebody sat down to design a more confusing UI I don't think they could. When you have to Google 'how do I change the club name', it's a bad UI.

Played a couple of games and they were all right, if too fast. One of the opponents had customised his stadium to have red pitch markings (a new feature in the game, not a TV settings fail on my end) and my ageing eyes struggled to cope. That will be a common thing online I predict. Anything at all that 'trolls' an opponent and gives you a marginal advantage will be done.

I also have this crazy idea that Ultimate Team would be better if it took time to accumulate a super team. Right now this mode (and myClub) is like a Panini sticker album that arrives with all but a few of the stickers already stuck on. There's no value to getting the players.

Why do all the YouTube UT streamers all look and sound like the same person with a few parameters tweaked here and there? Is this the real life or is this just fantasy?

Last edited:
Ah, the circus already set things in motion. It's funny because 22 is certainly not as slow as a real football game from what I'm seeing in videos. I mean there still are plenty of goals and "normal" stats. But I see the blue thicks love these fantasy hyperboles so much when it suits their idiotic narratives.
If he wants it faster, he could go make his own game and announce it on Twitter like most of these phantom developers are doing. But he won't because he can't even find his own arsehole with his thumb in less than 3 tries let alone build his own project from nothing.

Also, how fast does he need a football game? It's already established that FIFA is the most casual/arcade football game we have currently.

Does he want Street Fighter football? Something that is so hyper that it doesn't resemble the subject at hand? Wonder what he thinks of Volta, sounds like that probably has more of the experience he's looking for... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sorry if this has been up, but a lot of work lately and not able to follow this thread..

So while I'm not sure of buying a PS5 (depends a lot on footies).. What do you guys, who have tried both ps4 and ps5 version. Is the ps4 version a version worth buying?

This is probably marketing at its best.. implying the game is already realistically slow.. many people will be influenced to buy.
To be fair EA don't have an easy job in satisfying everyone.
There are the players who want a slow approach - too slow is not realistic have a look at liverpools counter attack speed as an example its fast
There the other end who want button smashing video game approach end to end with skill after skill - obviously not realistic
And then there's people in the middle - semi realistic but with some gaming elements to make it fun

Currently i think its in the semi realistic stage - it plays nice , not too slow and certainly not super fast on normal (feels slower than PES to me on 0 speed setting)

AI fouls need sorting but i think thats a design choice so probably wont be sorted

I would be quite happy with a few tweaks and hope its not sped up dramatically

Yesterday I played a few more games, back to being disappointed again haha

This time I felt the lack of fouls was game-breaking. I cannot even do those tactical fouls I usually do in PES to cut counterattacks. It’s like physical contact is forbidden in FIFA 😓

I felt the lack of fouls was game-breaking. I cannot even do those tactical fouls I usually do in PES to cut counterattacks. It’s like physical contact is forbidden in FIFA 😓
That's ultimately what ends a FIFA dalliance for me every year. Every few years an edition comes along that attracts my attention as '22 has done. But when you actively set out to foul an opponent and cannot even get near them to do so... There have to be consequences for physical aggressive play on all sides or the nature of the game is something other than football. It then becomes a decent video game based on football.

The blue ticks are in already:

(Sorry if this has been posted already, there's a lot to miss in the thread!)
Are these people for real ?

I understand we can all have difference of opinions and see things slightly differently but slow ?
Players glide across the pitch like gazelles or slide like Torvill and Dean. There’s literally no friction on anything, not even the ball.

What is miles better than PES its shooting, all means by that. Shooting variations, You can try from every spot on the pitch. Shooting is free and not scripted

Back
Top Bottom