FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Let's see what EA have to offer before being so negative. I Hope it's a game changer or maybe it's only some Bulls***t marketing.

The last good FIFA was FIFA 17. It's now a new generation. With RT, SSD, good GPU more data can be analysed. Hypermotion could be very nice but like you, for now, i don't know what is it.

I want to see a big jump between old and new generation.

Konami and EA, it's showtime now!

Wait...

The way this is worded - "Hypermotion available for all partner clubs" (but crucially, not others) - is really weird.

It makes it sound like certain clubs have had their players motion-captured, and their players will have unique motion characteristics compared to the players of other clubs.

Which is such a rubbish feature, if true. Who cares if Mbappe was in a suit and now moves with his special run style, but every other team's players skate around the field.

What would that add to the game, other than looking nice? If it doesn't impact footplanting etc... No point in it, IMO.

If that's the big PR feature this year... Talk about scraping the barrel.

Yeah that sounds less promising, I thought it was going to be something more fundamental that impacts all animation in the game but that makes it sound like it is closer to player ID.

Yeah that sounds less promising, I thought it was going to be something more fundamental that impacts all animation in the game but that makes it sound like it is closer to player ID.
this was my thought too... let's see what they bring tonight.

Not interested in EA's marketing bollocks describing "Hypermotion". They said something like all player running motions were different/physics based way back for FIFA 07, and that in FIFA 08, AI players were so smart they made "1000 decisions a second". Don't go by what EA wax lyrical about, most of it turns out to be stretched to the absolute limit on the borderline of a flatout lie. Maybe technically correct in some lawyer-esque interpretation but deliberately misleading.

My guess is that it's this kind of tech, as EA were/are involved with this research;

My first impressions on seeing this at the time were - Nice, animation is more fluid/responsive and can adapt well to ball/opponent position, but ultimately seems a mostly cosmetic change. Seems like it's built around gameplay mechanics/controls staying the same, just with more responsive/dynamic animation.

In a few instances in the video above you can see the ball move on its own as it is itself still part of the animation, not interacted with directly as a physics object e.g. 3:32, but I identified more when I watched this previously and in general the ball still seems glued/magnetised to the player's hand when they change directions.

Maybe EA could smoothen that stuff out with more animations, but fundamentally this is not physics based gameplay. It may use some physics to calculate better looking animations, but I wouldn't expect it to mean realistic footplanting or deeper gameplay.

The gameplay code would still be driving the (often physics-defying) outcomes directly, while the AI-assisted animation scrambles to make it look more human in real time.

Last edited:
Nothing special, same thing as FIFA 21 from the looks and features of it. Volta/street does seem improved though.

fifa-22-new-features-and-modes-page-volta.jpg.adapt.1920w.jpg

The create a club sounds nice(hopefully the return of fifa creation center but better), but what about create a league and a proper edit mode? Meh, waiting for PES...

It looks the same for me, i haven't really played next gen FIFA, but that's how it works for me.

As I said last night based on the preview tweet... Incredibly disappointing. Most disappointing teaser trailer ever, I think.

Looks like it adds nothing to the gameplay other than making players glide even more elasticly and easily between defenders, making defending a pointless exercise and making fouls non-existent.

Boring. :(

They'll never focus on defending and/or goalkeeping again. Which just shows what kind of game FIFA is. "Fun is scoring as many goals as you can." It'll never change.

Sounds like Be A Pro might be a decent improvement. But pointless if the gameplay, and particularly the AI, is as bad as it is right now.

So basically, more EA fluff. Heard it a million times before.

I always fantasise about them ripping it up and doing this one summer:

“We’ve ripped it up and we’re starting again. We love football and we want the beautiful game to represented in the correct manner. We’ve scrapped tactical defending, the game is slower now - deal with it. If you want end to end action go play NBA Jam. No buzz words, no new mechanic which everyone will forget about after 10 minutes - FIFA 22 is going to be special, like nothing you’ve played before.”

Then I wake up as it’s time for work.

This trailer was typical souless FIFA marketing garbage, just like the covers they've revealed recently, nothing more.
Everything about this franchise, and football games in general, feels so plastic now, maybe I'm just getting old, I don't know.
I can barely tell the difference between FIFA21's animations and this new "Hypermotion" stuff, it looks the same, it's just a name, a gimmick done by marketing.
Also, the graphics look pretty identical, so I get the feeling this is just Frostbite again, so it's more of the same probably.
I didn't really expect anything, and yet I'm still dissapointed, they continue to spend millions on marketing, AI, licenses and motion capture every year only to always end up with a game less playable than the PS1 PES titles.
Hopefully PES2022 delivers, because this looks like just another FIFA19.
Perhaps I'm being too harsh, considering how little we've actually seen of it, but it's hard to get my hopes up these days.
The club creation does sound wonderful though, I love making my own crests and kits, hopefully it does indeed come with an in-game editor like PES, instead of being a Career Mode exclusive thing that only allows us to create teams from scratch, I'd love to edit the unlicensed teams if possible.

The club creation might be like Fifa 11 career mode with probably few improvements.

Last edited:
Looking at the end of the trailer, “Hypermotion technology only on PlayStation 5, Xbox series s|x and stadia versions” no mention of pc, PlayStation 4 or Xbox one…

Looking at the end of the trailer, “Hypermotion technology only on PlayStation 5, Xbox series s|x and stadia versions” no mention of pc, PlayStation 4 or Xbox one…
Good spot. PC is not next-gen, confirmed. Just like the NFL games...

Even though they "captured" motion and stuff like that, these players still look like some 15 year old kids bodywise. I mean football players are real athletes but most of the player models still look bad af.

Back
Top Bottom