FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

A considerable effort is heading towards the motion capture of the face and body movements starting from the videos, a technology that will not only give us a greater volume of animations, but also much more organic and natural results: as much as the animations acquired with the traditional motion capture process in the studio are of a good standard, these are achieved using markers and props which can sometimes hinder natural movement. Being able to capture the movements of athletes "in their natural environment", especially with regard to sports titles, is a very attractive goal.

Link: https://amp24-ilsole24ore-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp24.ilsole24ore.com/pagina/ADSj1hUB

Thank you very much. On paper, it's a very good technology. I really Hope it Can Help the game to ne more organic, no more skating animations, the Big problem of the game visually.

Of course, AI on general must be better!
I want a Big step forward on simulation.
Ok FUT is the Big deal for EA, but offline gamers who were there since the first opus need more respect and attention.

Before there were arcade and simulation option.
I don't want to see Volta mouvements on my carrer mode! I want a real and realistic speed for playing and having time in midfield.

WE have this on FIFA 17 who was not perfect but the balance between defence and attack was really good. I want more faults too, and better referees!

Man, they're really trying hard to push this hypermotion thing... bet it's gonna be as impactful as the switch to Frostbite and adding Volta.

Edit: wait, what if it's basically Player ID, which we experienced in PES 13? :LMAO:

Man, they're really trying hard to push this hypermotion thing... bet it's gonna be as impactful as the switch to Frostbite and adding Volta.

Edit: wait, what if it's basically Player ID, which we experienced in PES 13? :LMAO:
Wait for it. Then spread negativity.

This year its difficult for me to be even cautiously optimistic for FIFA. It's obviously still going to be running on the Frostbite engine which is one of the main reasons FIFA just hasn't been good for several years. If the latest madden is anything to go by then FIFA 22 will be mediocre yet again.

This year its difficult for me to be even cautiously optimistic for FIFA. It's obviously still going to be running on the Frostbite engine which is one of the main reasons FIFA just hasn't been good for several years. If the latest madden is anything to go by then FIFA 22 will be mediocre yet again.
But in the youtube description of the trailer it says:

"Powered by Football™"

I hope it's a new engine

"Powered by Football™"

I hope it's a new engine
If you look at the reveal trailer screenshot, you can see there is no difference between 22 and 21. I don't think EA'll change the engine. I'm just curious about "hypermotion" thing.

"Powered by Football™"

I hope it's a new engine

Powered by football means the animation engine is using AI driven analysis of real match footage rather than motion capture like it was before. Or at least in part, it remains to be seen how much of a transformative effect it's going to have. For instance if only 10% of animations are using the new system, or just some new animations, then it might not have much of an impact and people will likely say it's just another EA gimmick, however I suspect machine learning will lie at the heart of future sports games both in terms of animation and AI, so it will be interesting to read about in any case.

If we will ever get close to that CGI version of real football matches that often gets posted then it will probably have to be through AI, not motion capture or hand crafted animations.

Last edited:
If you look at the reveal trailer screenshot, you can see there is no difference between 22 and 21. I don't think EA'll change the engine. I'm just curious about "hypermotion" thing.
Yes Graphics wise it's not huge, but I think a new engine for better animations etc.

Same and same old bad game as always. They just add new shit like hypermotion in info and there you go. People are crying like omg so fckn good, wow etc...

They need to focus and try to create FUN game, not simulation or realistic. That is problem.
Also fut is destroying game. Awful mode.

Same and same old bad game as always. They just add new shit like hypermotion in info and there you go. People are crying like omg so fckn good, wow etc...

They need to focus and try to create FUN game, not simulation or realistic. That is problem.
Also fut is destroying game. Awful mode.

Suprising you think that, knowing that you are a fan of FIFA16, which is in my opinion the FIFA game that comes (in many departements) closer to a simulation.

I actually think FIFA16 is fun to play because it has a lot of football elements in it (good overall positioning with an active AI for uncontrolled players, a lot of physicallity together with a great collision detection, a good ball physics for the time it was released, ect).

I belive instead the problem is the game now is not a football simulation anymore. Rather, it is an esport on its own, that has football as a backround, but not really much in terms of football substance.

Last edited:

Atlético de Madrid
View attachment 109734
Wait...

The way this is worded - "Hypermotion available for all partner clubs" (but crucially, not others) - is really weird.

It makes it sound like certain clubs have had their players motion-captured, and their players will have unique motion characteristics compared to the players of other clubs.

Which is such a rubbish feature, if true. Who cares if Mbappe was in a suit and now moves with his special run style, but every other team's players skate around the field.

What would that add to the game, other than looking nice? If it doesn't impact footplanting etc... No point in it, IMO.

If that's the big PR feature this year... Talk about scraping the barrel.

Which is such a rubbish feature, if true. Who cares if Mbappe was in a suit and now moves with his special run style,
FUT peeps.
They only have star players on their teams, so they'll b buzzing.
Plus - it gives them a kick to gamble more. Everyone will want their "unique" players on their teams.
tenor (2) (8).gif

When you capture on one player and replicate on the rest, you have the same animation for all. But remember that the animator can make changes in the animations when they go to the stage of cleaning and polishing.

Just changing one curve of the animation already gives a different result

The curves correspond to the X, Y and Z axes and they also represent translation and rotation, and if I'm not mistaken the scale too

It's the adjustments to the curves that can most faithfully portray the laws of physics in an animation

I don't know how the repercussion will be soon in the competitive scene 😅

g43z1v.jpg

Atlético de Madrid
View attachment 109734

Just a guess, from the widescreen ratio, these must be screenshots from the "reveal" video. And it looks that this is what they'll actually use to sell the game this year. And of course it's "real life" footage and not in-game gameplay (they may include a 1 millisecond clip). I really couldn't care less about their hypermotion crap. That's like getting excited because a graphic designer is using a new photoshop plugin. No one should give a shit, it's his job, we don't care what tools he uses to get his fucking job done.

All that matters is if they're creating a football game this year, because if there's anyone who thinks that 21 was a football game doesn't have a clue what football is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom