FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yeah I meant football. but with that in mind, now that you mention driving simulations... why is there a market for those types of games, that rely heavily on very sim aspects and not for soccer... In my case though, I'd prefer something in the middle, I just want the to get the basics and AI right... I dont think I would like a full blown sim playable game, I would rather they have something like that for FM.

Well F1 is like football. One exclusive licence, one yearly franchise from codemasters, whether you like it or not. But apart from that there are few exclusives so many more titles & business models. So unfortunately exclusivity is a big reason why we only have two games and they want to appeal to just about anyone.

Sim racing also usually requires some kind of knowledge and investment in gear like racing wheels, the target audience usually knows a thing or two about how driving works. Football might be the most popular sport in the world, but that's not necessarily good news. There's a huge audience but only a fraction understands it or has played the game in real life to know a thing or two. And those virtual coins have to be sold to everyone.

So I'd say the 2 biggest reasons for the current state of football games are the exclusive licences and their business model in recent years: Microtransactions/Gambling.

Last edited:
Most driving Sims though come with sliders so to speak that actually work so you can take all assists off and it feels like driving or you can have assists on to make it more arcadey. FIFA's sliders don't act the same way and people are using them to try and fix default settings. Normally the fix one thing and break three more. Also driving Sims are quite targeted , similar to flight Sims . Many are tailored to enthusiasts where like I said before young football enthusiasts want all the bells and whistles

I don't think comparing two very different genres, i.e, football/sports games and racing has any point. One has many different franchises by many developers fulfilling the needs of both the arcade-loving crowd and the hard-core sim people and games for everyone in between, whereas the other has just 3 relevant franchises, one is a slot-machine, one is a wannabe simulation for tryhards and one where you get to just watch (all this leaving aside all the indie football games on steam where you will be busy dragging your star man away from the stripclub rather than actually playing football).

FIFA’s sliders are a nightmare. If you change the “acceleration” slider it also changes the AI players’ reaction times.

FIFA’s sliders are a nightmare. If you change the “acceleration” slider it also changes the AI players’ reaction times.

They aren't that bad. The game is built on speed, so it's no surprise Sprint and Acceleration are two baselines to edit the gameplay.

nightmare maybe. Better than nothing, most definitely. Thanks to them I’ve been able to enjoy many games as i can tailor the ai to suit what i consider a fun, more realistic experience.
What sliders have you found are best for you?

What sliders have you found are best for you?

tbh i just start playing default and tweak to my liking. Nothing specific. Just whatever suits my level as i am not an expert player. Sometimes I just go to OS and try multiple while tweaking them until i find my sweet spot

thats the beauty of sliders. That its not a one size fits all.

"FIFA21 is going to surprise many people with the news and decisions that were made in various areas of the game, which users will certainly be very happy with!"

Just imagine how much it would piss the FUT players if EA decided to go full sim.
Having to get used to a whole type of game? While losing a lot of matches (and coins) in the way?.
Nah... that's not going to happen. The last thing EA want to do is piss their beloved FUT players.

And I can hardly see them having a SIM MODE option in there at all. Ever.

Just imagine how much it would piss the FUT players if EA decided to go full sim.
Having to get used to a whole type of game? While losing a lot of matches (and coins) in the way?.
Nah... that's not going to happen. The last thing EA want to do is piss their beloved FUT players.

if it did, and was good, Konami PES would be finished unfortunately

"FIFA21 is going to surprise many people with the news and decisions that were made in various areas of the game, which users will certainly be very happy with!"

No idea what he's on about, but if he's talking about the game ditching every dumb idea introduced over the last few years, like 1v1s or timed finishing or the new tactical system or casual bicycle kicks for regular freaking passes... that would be a good start!

On the official site EA says the game will be more responsive than ever though, and that sounds really scary. :)

They tried past years. FUT players complained the game was too sluggish, they immediately reverted back to the old arcadish feeling with the first patch. Fifa is never going full simulation.

You know the answer to that..
Sad but true, unfortunately.
We came to a point where the single player/sim experience (in the game as it is out of the box, at least) has been broken on purpose to prevent FUT players from exploiting some mechanics that are fundamental while playing against the AI (or lack of).

The usual example is AI-controlled defenders refusing to track their man, no-matter-what.

While I can see the reason for it to be like that online (otherwise too many people would select a midfielder and let the AI-controlled defenders do the job on their behalf), it completely kills the offline experience as you would, basically, find yourself with a team of braindead defenders and you should keep switching back and forth between them to "wake them up" and make sure they don't stop tracking their man.

Is it that time of the year again. How depressing.

I never imagined all them years ago that I was playing what would be the peak of offline football games. The feeling of starting with ML default players and grinding out wins then building up the squad. Scenario mode, even the colour of the arrows to highlight form, the hexagon. I'm struggling to remember the last game where actually having a midfielder that could pass mattered. Winning 11 7 International maybe. Or a game where the defensive midfielder stayed in position, tracked runners and didn't want to play striker.

Just all over it's so so bad.

I read a quote one time that advances in technology kill creativity, Seems apt.

I wouldn't be surprised if no new features for Pro Clubs, honestly the loot box ban can't some soon enough. I can't see EA wanting to put all their egg's in Ultimate team one the ban happens. DCMS UK select committee and Lords is already pressuring the government to Ban/regulate them to make loot boxes 18+immediately.

Back
Top Bottom