FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I just noticed that the game is actually called "EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21". They probably felt the need to counter "eFootball PES 2020" with a similarly weird name.

I just noticed that the game is actually called "EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21". They probably felt the need to counter "eFootball PES 2020" with a similarly weird name.

It's already like that for FIFA 20 though, see how it's called on Origin:

HdSIVGb.png

...while the other games (up to FIFA 19) are just called FIFA XX:

pIEKZQn.png

Can I make a stupid assumption here? Maybe all this name mess, is just a stupid marketing trick. I explain : if some suggestion autocomplete RNG sorts alphabetically, eFootball comes before FIFA, cause E comes before F.
So by adding EA, both starting with an E and EA comes before eF, so they appear first in alphabetical sorting. :P

Can I make a stupid assumption here? Maybe all this name mess, is just a stupid marketing trick. I explain : if some suggestion autocomplete RNG sorts alphabetically, eFootball comes before FIFA, cause E comes before F.
So by adding EA, both starting with an E and EA comes before eF, so they appear first in alphabetical sorting. :P
It may be like that, but it doesn't really make sense.

On Origin, with the games sorted alphabetically, FIFA 20 already comes before FIFA 11, 12 and such... Defeating the purpose of sorting game alphabetically:

7c9TtTC.png

It may be like that, but it doesn't really make sense.

On Origin, with the games sorted alphabetically, FIFA 20 already comes before FIFA 11, 12 and such... Defeating the purpose of sorting game alphabetically:

7c9TtTC.png
Is n't it, according to you previous post, that FIFA 20 is called EA sports fifa 20, so it comes before every other FIFA. E>>>F
Furthermore I also think I made stupid thought, cause I assume auto complete suggestions will work according to popularity on Steam, not alphabetically.
I just did a random thought!!! :)

Coming next: BeFootball PES 2021!

Is n't it, according to you previous post, that FIFA 20 is called EA sports fifa 20, so it comes before every other FIFA. E>>>F
Furthermore I also think I made stupid thought, cause I assume auto complete suggestions will work according to popularity on Steam, not alphabetically.
I just did a random thought!!! :)
Yeah, it's so. They already broke the ordering with FIFA 20... That's what I was saying.
Seeing FIFA 20 before FIFA 11 drives me mad (I know I'm probably having an OCD attack, just pretend it never happened).

Game is one steam and everyone seems to be happy. What people don't realize is that you still have to have origin installed. Infact now you have to have 2 launchers open just to run one game.

Game is one steam and everyone seems to be happy. What people don't realize is that you still have to have origin installed. Infact now you have to have 2 launchers open just to run one game.
What? Is that confirmed? Surely not, what would be the point?

What? Is that confirmed? Surely not, what would be the point?

On the steam page it says "needs 3rd party drm origin to play" just like Ubisoft games and R* games.

And when you buy Ubisoft and r* games from steam, you cant even launch the game directly from uplay or social club, it launches steam first and then starts the game. Launching directly from steam launches social club and uplay and hten launches the game. That has been by experience with games that requires other launchers on steam. Idk if there's a way to avoid booting steam.

So from that experience the same might happen with EA games too. You probably wont be able to launch directly from origin. But if it is possible to launch directly from origin, then I gotta give credits to them. Cause with uplay and social club I failed to do so.

On the steam page it says "needs 3rd party drm origin to play" just like Ubisoft games and R* games.

And when you buy Ubisoft and r* games from steam, you cant even launch the game directly from uplay or social club, it launches steam first and then starts the game. Launching directly from steam launches social club and uplay and hten launches the game. That has been by experience with games that requires other launchers on steam. Idk if there's a way to avoid booting steam.

So from that experience the same might happen with EA games too. You probably wont be able to launch directly from origin. But if it is possible to launch directly from origin, then I gotta give credits to them. Cause with uplay and social club I failed to do so.
Apparently, you can also install the games in Origin when you bought them on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1172380/discussions/0/3342162929526181605/

But in this case, you could directly buy it on Origin anyway.

Well if you think about, it is indeed stupid.
eFootball PES 2020 = eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020. Redundant.
What's next? eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer Futbol Fusbal Futebol Футбол フットボール 축구 ฟุตบอล ?

They should've stuck with Winning Eleven.
Sorry for the OT.

From what I've seen from the trailer, no changes to the gameplay whatsoever will be taken.

- Ball floats with no weight
- Players run with no weight
- Player models still looks completely off to be honest, it is like they run with their arms twisted, looks really weird when Mbappe kicks the penalty

From what I've seen from the trailer, no changes to the gameplay whatsoever will be taken.

- Ball floats with no weight
- Players run with no weight
- Player models still looks completely off to be honest, it is like they run with their arms twisted, looks really weird when Mbappe kicks the penalty
Considering that someone spotted an animation lifted from the FIFA 18 trailer, I'm thinking none of the trailer represents gameplay. (Not that I expect it to be different.)

Considering that someone spotted an animation lifted from the FIFA 18 trailer, I'm thinking none of the trailer represents gameplay. (Not that I expect it to be different.)
There's no gameplay indeed, but this was not the case either the previous years, so I don't expect an overhaul, just the same code of gameplay

Well if you think about, it is indeed stupid.
eFootball PES 2020 = eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020. Redundant.
What's next? eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer Futbol Fusbal Futebol Футбол フットボール 축구 ฟุตบอล ?

They should've stuck with Winning Eleven.
Sorry for the OT.
PES doesn't stand for Pro Evolution Soccer anymore, it's like a brand name now. The game is officially called "eFootball PES 2020".

EA are probably going to only add new cafe for CM Negotiation cutscenes and call it mind-blowing new features :LMAO:

I'm still shocked at player models, they still don't look entirely human to me.
Player's shorts still look clownish, too big... too long.
Yep...i mean look at De Bruyne here lol.

FIFA_FIFA21Reveal3.jpg

EA and their fuckin ragdolls...Looks like a Fortnite character..
To be fair the player models have been slowly kinda improved with Frostbite if you compare them to the bulky steroid freaks that we had some years ago like in Fifa 15 for example.But yeah...they still look weird and non much human.They never seem to get this right.
With the budget that they have they probably could have scanned entirely whole real life body models and in various different shapes if they wanted to and put them in the game.But then,it's also the realistic movement that it's still lacking big time so maybe that alone wouldn't make a big difference in the end..
Fuck..I'm watching some Last of Us 2 videos these days and how the models look and move there and i thought at some point what if Naughty Dog made a football game..how would it look and move..

Back
Top Bottom