FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Oh look. They're finding ways to monetise Career Mode. To make it worth working on, for longer than a minute.

If you're the kind of person who plays Career Mode, I don't think you're the kind of person who wants to get a "cheat player". The motivations for playing FUT vs Career Mode are entirely different.

They don't understand a thing about us, do they?

Oh look. They're finding ways to monetise Career Mode. To make it worth working on, for longer than a minute.

If you're the kind of person who plays Career Mode, I don't think you're the kind of person who wants to get a "cheat player". The motivations for playing FUT vs Career Mode are entirely different.

Exactly. Not that I ever preorder, but this further motivates me to not preorder the game, lol.
I don't know what they're thinking. I really think they're running focus groups with 10 year olds. They're certainly the future spenders...

I wish all *off the pitch* activities were actually more *difficult*. I don't use the training feature so that I don't end up with a dozen world class players in my cm. I sure don't want them as a preorder bonus!

Exactly. Not that I ever preorder, but this further motivates me to not preorder the game, lol.
I don't know what they're thinking. I really think they're running focus groups with 10 year olds. They're certainly the future spenders...

I wish all *off the pitch* activities were actually more *difficult*. I don't use the training feature so that I don't end up with a dozen world class players in my cm. I sure don't want them as a preorder bonus!
If I could secure just five minutes with someone in a position of authority on the FIFA dev team, that is exactly what I would put to them.

"Do you guys realise that people who play Career Mode are looking for a challenge, not a power fantasy? Do you realise the average age difference between someone playing Career Mode vs someone who spends £500 on a cheat-team in FUT? Can you start developing for us, somehow?"

I remember the days EA was trying to make career mode the best game mode and was constantly improving it until fut and the stupid pack openings became popular
Times have changed...for the worse

I guess that I was too naive to think they’d show anything other than a cinematic trailer from FIFA and Madden, despite that happening every year that there was a new console release. My expectations aren’t that high but with Operation Sports’ sliders one can get a decent game, so I can have some hope that if FIFA 21 is half-way decent gameplay wise they’ll find a way to improve it.

Jesus Christ, EA...

FIFA = Responsive + Procedural Animations

The root is this.

I don't think it will change. PES has more contextual animations

I tell people all the time. FIFA has more animations BUT they rarely play out correctly. Almost as if the database can't pick the right one for the situation. PES' look much more realistic to me (although there are some terrible one's).

You'd be surprised by how many CM players use things like "Financial Takeover" and "Scout a Future Star". The Financial Takeover is one of the most frequently gifted items in the Marketplace.

Folks like us (people who want semi-realistic CMs) are the minority.

You'd be surprised by how many CM players use things like "Financial Takeover" and "Scout a Future Star". The Financial Takeover is one of the most frequently gifted items in the Marketplace.

Folks like us (people who want semi-realistic CMs) are the minority.
I think if you're playing Career Mode rather than playing online, you've an interest in realism ahead of anything else, surely. If you were after "the most fun", that's exactly what online is for. FUT even has an offline mode. There's Volta now, too - which they're clearly not giving up on.

Whereas Career Mode is for simulating the football world. Maybe that's just my narrow world view (and I'm not aware of how many use those Marketplace items) - and admittedly there are those kind of "turn Salford City into the biggest team in the world" YouTube videos...

I saw that and chuckled. They just renamed the "Scout A Future Star" perk from the EA catalog (which has been around for ages) and tacked it on as a pre-order bonus.

- and admittedly there are those kind of "turn Salford City into the biggest team in the world" YouTube videos...

These videos on YouTube irk me to no end. Not to due to the subject matter, mind you, but they're the lowest fucking effort videos I've ever seen. "What happens if I give Salford 60 BILLION POUNDS!?!" Then all they do is buy all the best players they can with the money, sim one season, then give a brief overview of the season they just simmed. Job done. So compelling.

So won't be buying it on PC then because it's a lesser version. Won't be buying it on PS5 then, unless FLC is fully licensed...

Yup, another FIFA 14 situation. Granted, I quite enjoyed FIFA 14 on the PS4. Being the half-wit that I am, I'll probably end up pre-ordering a PS5 for the "next-gen" version of FIFA 21. I have such low impulse control when it comes to football, especially in lieu of the murmurings of PES 2021 being an update as opposed to a fully-fledged release.

Last edited:
Is this really confirmed that the pc port will be old gen port?
From the trailer.. fifa 21 looks like not only pc port but also console port.. they are ported from old gen fifa 2020 with updated cutscenes and graphic, just kidding. I have not heard any news in new animation engine for FIFA. Probabaly the same animation it seems ?

Last edited:
Very sad. Time to skip both pes and fifa again as usual. Maybe when I will return after 2-3 years when they finally port next gen, the game will be filled with more lootbox on career mode too and kick off mode teams will be locked behind paywall too. RIP sports games.

I saw that and chuckled. They just renamed the "Scout A Future Star" perk from the EA catalog (which has been around for ages) and tacked it on as a pre-order bonus.

These videos on YouTube irk me to no end. Not to due to the subject matter, mind you, but they're the lowest fucking effort videos I've ever seen. "What happens if I give Salford 60 BILLION POUNDS!?!" Then all they do is buy all the best players they can with the money, sim one season, then give a brief overview of the season they just simmed. Job done. So compelling.

My favorite is that they're allergic to buying guys, over say 25, so EVERY team ends up having the same wonderkids.

For me it's clear that FIFA 21 will be just as much of a Season Update as PES 2021 will be, no matter how much makeup they want to put on it.
I think EA's clearly already focusing on FIFA 22.
Maybe Frostbite engine is in a similar situation to UE5 and that it's not finalised yet until next year. Think that's why PES 2021 will be just a small update, because let's face it, Fifa 21 hardly looks stunning. Only difference is that EA are too greedy to not release a full game to milk the FUT crowd again.

Could be next year where we see true next-gen titles from both studios. But still don't understand why they'd hold back on PC version though.

A lot of EA Play last night was mostly for current-gen, and maybe also explains why they're waiting next year for next Battlefield. I'm just guessing at the moment though so I could be totally wrong.

Maybe Frostbite engine is in a similar situation to UE5 and that it's not finalised yet until next year. Think that's why PES 2021 will be just a small update, because let's face it, Fifa 21 hardly looks stunning. Only difference is that EA are too greedy to not release a full game to milk the FUT crowd again.

Could be next year where we see true next-gen titles from both studios. But still don't understand why they'd hold back on PC version though.
Maybe I'm wrong, but PC is more powerful than consoles right? I only play on PC so this is really disappointing.
I'm curious on how they gonna treat PS4 and Xbox One and PC versions compared to the next gen?

If next gen is only a graphical update compared to PS4 and PC, then I'm fine with it, but I hope to see those new features on PC as well, and hopefullly new menus also

Again with the middle finger to pc users.

Between this and the sensational homegrown talent stuff, hype went down another notch if possible. Unless something significant happens I think skipping this whole 21 is the only thing that would make any sense.

That's really disappointing :(
Let's hope we can enjoy all the new features as well, but just without the upgraded graphics

Nah...
New features will be for the new version only.
Perhaps we'll get some other new features for current-gen, but certainly the least of them.

So... let's discuss what WAS showcased yesterday, which obviously is not much.
I'm still shocked at player models, they still don't look entirely human to me.
Player's shorts still look clownish, too big... too long.
Even though most of the clips were probably CGI, not actual gameplay footage, night games looked too dark (as always).

So yeah... disappointed would be an understatement.

A lot of EA Play last night was mostly for current-gen, and maybe also explains why they're waiting next year for next Battlefield. I'm just guessing at the moment though so I could be totally wrong.

Well, that's why I think too.
Plus, I've always thought that both game studios get insider's information from the other and they probably make their choices based on that as well.
I was pretty sure that if Konami chose not to go all-out with PES 2021 and leave that for next year, it was probably because they already knew EA was going to do the same.

Maybe I'm wrong, but PC is more powerful than consoles right? I only play on PC so this is really disappointing.
I'm curious on how they gonna treat PS4 and Xbox One and PC versions compared to the next gen?

If next gen is only a graphical update compared to PS4 and PC, then I'm fine with it, but I hope to see those new features on PC as well, and hopefullly new menus also
I feel the average PC's are not as good as next-gen systems currently. Think they go by stats on Steam. Of course it's easy to get a beast PC to outperform PS5/XSX, but got to think of averages I guess. It's what I've heard over the past few months so not my personal opinion.

Yea on the surface you'll get same menus and mode features going from PS4/PS5, but when you play the game you may not get the new visual benefits and new crowd/stadium cutscenes as well as some animations.

I feel the average PC's are not as good as next-gen systems currently. Think they go by stats on Steam. Of course it's easy to get a beast PC to outperform PS5/XSX, but got to think of averages I guess. It's what I've heard over the past few months so not my personal opinion.

With sports games you also have a large demographic of people who are not really "gamers". Many people who play the yearly sports games don't game much beyond that if at all and average specs could be even more modest than the steam average. In any case you can be sure they have their stats and they want to reach the widest audience possible.

It's a shame they target potato users. Potato users should just play on consoles or just play the older fifa games. Everytime for them a low-mid range users suffer too [by low range here I mean low range hardware thats still capable of running next gen games in playable framerates].

They got money to make a different game only for new console. PC could do IT easly. IT is a shame. No buy from me. IT was the same with ps4, IT will take two years

i dont get this Fifa 21 on pc same as ps4 and xbox one,they can delay launching date and release on same date as ps5,this is a bit dissapointing for pc players
It's the same old story.
Release it at the beginning of the season (on par with the games released at that time) makes the "I want it to be next-gen" crowd unhappy.
Waiting for the next-gen consoles to be available before releasing a next-gen FIFA for PC makes the "I want it now" people unhappy.
Either way, someone will be unhappy.

Releasing a next-gen FIFA for PC at the same time the old-gen ones are released but months before the other next-gen releases, doesn't make much sense in a business way I guess.

Back
Top Bottom