FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

What a horrific cover. Did EA ran out of the Photoshop license due to Covid? Thats 5 effin pics of M'Bappe copy pasted in paint on a blank page.
Yeah I thought that at first, but it's usually either a photoshopped match photo, or a tough-guy grimace. Which has been done a million times before.

It's growing on me - as much as something ultimately meaningless can grow on a person, anyway. (I won't even see the box, I'll buy it digitally.)

Yeah I thought that at first, but it's usually either a photoshopped match photo, or a tough-guy grimace. Which has been done a million times before.

It's growing on me - as much as something ultimately meaningless can grow on a person, anyway. (I won't even see the box, I'll buy it digitally.)

Am i watching the cover wrong? :LMAO:

This is kinda on par with this from 95 or 94.
FIFA-94-Cover.jpg

Am i watching the cover wrong? :LMAO:

This is kinda on par with this from 95 or 94.
FIFA-94-Cover.jpg
Ha, I was just logging back on to say, it reminds me of those covers from the early days.

If that's what they're going for - clean, classic, none of the neon-coloured angry-faced shit - then I'm all for it.

It reminds me of FIFA 97:

FIFA97PCCDEurope.jpg

For some weird reason, the one that came to my mind first was FIFA Soccer Manager:

I'd love to read into the box-art and say "maybe this means they're going back to basics, with the plain white cover like the old days". Or "maybe it means a fresh start on the new hardware, a blank page".

Or, you could look at it the complete opposite way. The "Ultimate Edition" box doesn't even have the guy playing football, he's just modelling his fashion. Typical EA, right? All about the glitz and the glamour. Nothing about the sport. No change here.

...but in reality, it's what Kyle the head graphics designer thinks is "in" right now, because footballers on Instagram post pictures of their personal life all the time. It's what the kids see (every day), it's what the kids want. It's absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

Bring on tomorrow's trailer. Which will doubtless be more close-ups of sweaty foreheads and fans outside the stadium.

Come on, this can't be a FIFA cover ... obviously it's a fake, like a 9-year-old finds Microsoft Paint and Google Image for the first time.

P.S. OMG its official....

The covers of the normal edition and the champions edition are quite nice in my opinion. The cover of the ultimate edition on the other hand...

Wow, this screams so much of generic Ps2 era cover patch. Don't know if it feels more nostalgic or clownesque, I still have to decide..
I am not sure if I like those late 90s esthetics, I was ready to post before the other that it reminds me something between 95 and 97. BUt from artistic perspective, all covers from 2018 and onwards, were really uninspired.

Loved the 2003-2005 period of game covers. It combined white background with action while being serious.

I'd love to read into the box-art and say "maybe this means they're going back to basics, with the plain white cover like the old days". Or "maybe it means a fresh start on the new hardware, a blank page".

Or, you could look at it the complete opposite way. The "Ultimate Edition" box doesn't even have the guy playing football, he's just modelling his fashion. Typical EA, right? All about the glitz and the glamour. Nothing about the sport. No change here.

...but in reality, it's what Kyle the head graphics designer thinks is "in" right now, because footballers on Instagram post pictures of their personal life all the time. It's what the kids see (every day), it's what the kids want. It's absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

Bring on tomorrow's trailer. Which will doubtless be more close-ups of sweaty foreheads and fans outside the stadium.
OMG can't wait! #ig #iglife #influncerslifestyle

I still wish loose jerseys make a comeback.

Then we could finally see bouncy nice cloth physics in football games finally. But since all clothes are tight now, the games do the same and then dont add much physics and bouncyness to it.

The reactions to the cover is hilarious. It does look really, really bad compared to the status quo without context.

What they're going for is a homage to the vapourwave aesthetic. It's what all the kids are listening to these days. Gotta appeal to that treasured demographic!

I can't even see vapourwave (strong in 20 and very strong in 19) - just utter, childish shite!

But they can do whatever the fuck they want. FIFA's such a big brand that it can set trends, not follow them. I'd be gutted if I were a graphic designer. That cover says: save your £1,000s, just give your kid Publisher for 15 minutes.

It's really put a bee in my bonnet. I need my bed!

i found this picture on facebook i dont know if its real or fake
114093368_3519010328161411_2782521806349205077_o.jpg

Looks like EA held a contest for the cover and the sole submission was from an 8 year old who only had google images and the "paste from" feature from MS Paint at their disposable

This cover might be the most bizarre thing to happen in 2020

So is it a next gen trailer or current gen or we wont have any difference between the two generations besides resolution and framerate?

So is it a next gen trailer or current gen or we wont have any difference between the two generations besides resolution and framerate?
I think so! They use the same engine for the current and next-gen consoles, the difference will be as you say in the resolution and maybe in the LOD level, the gameplay will be the same.

Back
Top Bottom