FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Why don't make the Goalkeeper skills in the slider to 90 or so?

Pages of pages the same mimimi... :D

Why don't make the Goalkeeper skills in the slider to 90 or so?

Pages of pages the same mimimi... :D
Yeah, that'll make the game more realistic. Defenders can just ignore everything, watch on as spectators, and the keeper can be superman. The perfect game, why didn't I think of that.

Don't troll in here again. If you don't want to read complaints, go and read Twitter where all the FUT players are loving their 5-5 draws and wondergoals.

Yeah, that'll make the game more realistic. Defenders can just ignore everything, watch on as spectators, and the keeper can be superman. The perfect game, why didn't I think of that.

Or Man Utd 2015-2018 mode as it's known :D

Haven't played FIFA in years now, but reading through all this, I don't see these two football games ever getting back to what they used to be. It really is crying out for someone else to break this monopoly.

I only can write what my expierences with Fifa21 are. I play on Professionel, classic defending, some changes with the slider. And what can I say, I don't have such a results like 5:5 or so.

But I know The series from €A are not realistic but maybe authentic because of the licenses. I don't have high expactations. I have a dozens of other problems in my life and Fifa is only a little little little point of all. Go out enjoy the nature or your family or something.

And calm down. :)

So with my little expactations I have fun with the 21. Sorry to say.

Greetings!

The more I've played, the more frustrated I've become. It's been said, but the overriding approach which is incredibly annoying is that the attacker has a significant advantage over the defender.

Again to use 16 as an example, even if you take out positioning of the equation- you know you can't just gamble and run beyond a player in close proximity to you, because more often than not the defender will defend and there is a physical interaction between the two. On this game you seem to have a greater than 50% chance of being able to just burst by someone as there's no real physical interaction at all, the defender just kind of runs close to you and does absolutely nothing. They're close enough to tackle, to try and hold you off or slow you down at least, but if you just keep sprinting you'll beat them. It's not 100% of the time, but it's far too often which then changes the way you approach every situation.

Can someone explain the difference between "classic" and "standard" attributes in the game settings? I really don't get the in-game explanation.

there's no real physical interaction at all, the defender just kind of runs close to you and does absolutely nothing. They're close enough to tackle, to try and hold you off or slow you down at least, but if you just keep sprinting you'll beat them. It's not 100% of the time, but it's far too often which then changes the way you approach every situation.

It's one of those things that flies under the radar because everything is dominated by the lack of defending. I think it's what they talked about in the first pitch notes: Smoother Encounters!

The main focus points for this system revolve around:
  • Better understanding of running paths to prevent players running into each other.
  • Refined system to enable players to jump over and avoid fallen players.
  • If a collision does happen, players will adjust their body to avoid head on collisions and receive a smaller impact.

I think it's basically less physicality/random stumbles etc. It is completely in line with e-sports expectations, requiring user input for something to happen, rather than basic physics. I don't know. I've played 3 or 4 hours, I don't think I'll keep on playing to find out more about the game, lol.

So with legacy defending instead of getting random collisions/fouls you basically just get real close to an opponent and then just hope to put him off with your bad breath or something, your only option for actually putting in a challenge is the sliding tackle! Which is why I'm using tactical which at least has the shirt pull/standing tackle options. I think these are the only way to trigger some physical play, otherwise it's just walking/jogging side by side which looks weird AF. Sometimes the players just slow down, sometimes the game decides you get the ball. *shrug*!

Last edited:
Can someone explain the difference between "classic" and "standard" attributes in the game settings? I really don't get the in-game explanation.

Something something about a stat boost with the "default" option that makes defenders less dumb. It's not an option in CM though, so I quickly forgot about it. If I buy the game it's for CM, so there was no point wasting time comparing the 2 options if they're not available in CM matches. It's always a good idea to spend your trial hours testing the mode you intend to play, kick off mode can be quite different.

Funny you say that.

I've just gone back to the game to try legacy defending, and the games have gone from being 4-4 (literally, my previous three games) to me winning 4-2 because the AI's defenders still can't defend.

Scoring 4 goals a game, as Newcastle, is absolutely stupid. Watch this whole run of play. (This is on "slow" speed, but with the AI given a +2 speed advantage via sliders.)

I'm playing on Legendary and it's like I'm playing on Amateur. Because defending is so broken.

Crucially, I'm not having to THINK about anything I'm doing. I can put FIFA 16 on, or PES 2013, and have to think about every pass.

In 21, no player is marked, so I can pass to whoever I want, and through-balls are always on.

Truth be told, the game doesn't look like this for me. The defensive line of AI teams on Legendary never falls apart here like in your video. Maybe slow speed is bugged?

Truth be told, the game doesn't look like this for me. The defensive line of AI teams on Legendary never falls apart here like in your video. Maybe slow speed is bugged?
Quite possibly. It was bugged in 20, but the speed discrepancy fixed it (as far as I'm aware).

This just happened to me. Kick-off (with the attributes "boost"), Legendary, normal speed, and I haven't touched the sliders. The CPU's entire back line drops and no one comes to close me down until I'm just outside the penalty area. Their midfielder can't decide if he should track the runner or close me down, so he does neither until it's too late. Notice how their back line continues to drop deeper into the penalty area for no reason whatsoever. They gifted me their entire half.

Quite possibly. It was bugged in 20, but the speed discrepancy fixed it (as far as I'm aware).

Kick off mode could also play out differently especially with the attributes boost option.
Could it be that this is not a thing in CM and the defenders are dumber than in KO mode?

This just happened to me. Kick-off (with the attributes "boost"), Legendary, normal speed, and I haven't touched the sliders. The CPU's entire back line drops and no one comes to close me down until I'm just outside the penalty area. Their midfielder can't decide if he should track the runner or close me down, so he does neither until it's too late. Notice how their back line continues to drop deeper into the penalty area for no reason whatsoever. They gifted me their entire half.

That looks exactly like every single time you get the ball on a modern pes game:CURSE:

I wonder what will take for popular career guys to speak up their voices? I mean, I understand they don't really are in our "realm", as (at least for what I understand) they seem to be weirdly more fixed with the whole players development than from the real game thing, but will they really settle for something that could practically have soulless, plastic bots instead of a decent AI/tactical system in an year or two? There are guys with thousand hundred views, if only they'd get properly angry there could be some true resonance to the whole problem..

This just happened to me. Kick-off (with the attributes "boost"), Legendary, normal speed, and I haven't touched the sliders. The CPU's entire back line drops and no one comes to close me down until I'm just outside the penalty area.

Hey, maybe EA copied the rigid tactics from PES and they drop back regardless of anything else that's happening.
Maybe konami can seek revenge, by copying the fifa movement animations for their unreal engine game!
And then maybe EA can steal the PES commentary!

Then we will finally have 2 great football games.

Guys this is the way Sports games are going now, reading all those Twitter responses is hilarious but expected. They did a poll back in August for NBA 2k on if they wanted to see if your opponent's green/perfect release a shot which means the ball is going the basket at an 100% rate and 80% said they wanted to see this. But the reasons were ridiculous as quite a few people said they wanted to know if they needed to go for a rebound or not.

So yeah this is where we are now you got a lot of kids now that don't even watch full sports matches only highlights influencing how these sports games are.

Looking at all the videos it really does feel like each player has its own grid and deflects back to that zone when the ball is a certain distance away. It’s why you get these weird moments of stop, slide back, sideways or forward. It feels like the worst programming of a football game in over a decade.

Looking at all the videos it really does feel like each player has its own grid and deflects back to that zone when the ball is a certain distance away. It’s why you get these weird moments of stop, slide back, sideways or forward. It feels like the worst programming of a football game in over a decade.

PES was definitely first with the rigid tactics. It revolutionized the game as we know it. Now that EA finally caught up with that I wonder what's fifa's selling point? Can't be the animations for sure... 😇

Oh yeah, the licences I suppose.

"In the red corner, weighing in at 5 pitiful licences... turd #1! And in the blue corner weighing in at More And More And More licences, turd #2!"

Last edited:
Yeah good point. Also, you can almost see imaginary lines linking one defender to one attacker irrespective of the fact they might not even be goal side. That’s how you get those ridiculous moments where a defender is just chasing the attacker and no-one steps in to help.

Yeah good point. Also, you can almost see imaginary lines linking one defender to one attacker irrespective of the fact they might not even be goal side. That’s how you get those ridiculous moments where a defender is just chasing the attacker and no-one steps in to help.
It's one of the reasons I dislike PES - you see players running like Usain Bolt to pixel-perfect formation positions, completely ignoring what's happening on the ball, completely unaware of their surroundings, with no use of their football brain whatsoever.

Now, FIFA is doing that (it wasn't as bad as this last year).

Just another milestone on the way to eSports, skill-gap, no-actual-football city.

Hope I don't offend anyone but..
these content creators/streamers my view on them is that the support "football"
Which means they probably support both Man city and Chelsea,(or whomever wins the league) plus which ever team Mbappe and Neymar plays for!

Attention span isn't higher than a 30 highlight of a game, preferably a tasty CL game,no clue what EL is.

I think this is an excellent point made by excellent people.

This is all part of a wider decline (by my definition and I'm sure that of many here) of the appreciation of the global game, warts and all. Probably reflective of life in general; people have no time for the bad. It's an understandable approach but unfortunately it breeds vacuous, hedonistic, pampered shite bags. Maybe they're the majority. They're certainly the most vocal and hysterical, so it's a lot easier to piss us off instead.

Back
Top Bottom