FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Sorry, I can't bring myself to take seriously people that completely (or better, mostly) ignore flaws on a game to demolish another, even if they are right on the latter. I try to avoid reviews from that category of youtubers if I can. I'd rather read/watch people who I know are in the middle.

Also Fifa 16 one of the worse.. ok :LOL: . I guess everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

Last edited:
I just think its meaningless to die-hard fans from both game to review the other game
before watching the video I already knew that they would just talk about how bad the game is
there are already conclusion from them before making a review because they just hate the game
then its more ridiculous how they would talk about the game something like 'fifa is unresponsive'

personally I admire spoonypizzas as a pes youtuber because he made so many tutorials about pes in recent years
but sometimes he just went too far and I remember every year he would say something like this pes is the best football game so far
he is mainly an offline player, still said pes2019 was the best at that time when ai didn't dribble and shoot from range
now here comes fifa is unresponsive when he played a whole year of pes2020....

I just think its meaningless to die-hard fans from both game to review the other game
before watching the video I already knew that they would just talk about how bad the game is

The most amusing thing this year, is that fifa 21 sucks because the AI & tactics are more like pes.
So maybe he should love it? But yeah I know how fanboyism works. I've learned to ignore all of them on both camps.

your opinion on the review?

He points out quite a few flaws that I agree with, but some of the things he claims to be true are patently false. FIFA 21 is unresponsive on the ball? Is there an alternate reality I'm not privy to? I've been bashing the game for the past few days, but I'll rush to its aid when it comes to blatant misinformation. FIFA is a lot of things, but unresponsive? Not a chance. I'm sorry to say, but to hold that viewpoint you either have to be intentionally deceitful or just plain bad. If anything, it's more responsive because of agile dribbling and the altered RB.

Highlights of Messi vs Real Madrid, Legendary, Normal speed, blah, blah. I threw this together as a counterpoint. Mind you, this is without even utilizing RS skill moves (because I'm not going to spam skill moves with Messi like some sort of heathen).

On the opposite end of the spectrum, here's Lenglet playing out of the back:

Last edited:
I cannot believe there are still people complaining about responsiveness in FIFA.

The game could literally read your mind and hit the pass before you've touched the button, and that wouldn't be enough for some. I'm convinced it's just shorthand for "sometimes my pass is intercepted, grrrr".

About the CDM issue, this just happened to me, I'm Gladbach against Bayern, I'm controlling Zakaria, then immediately after I switch to the other CDM, Zakaria goes forward for no reason leaving tons of space behind him:
The thing is, except for this cdm issue and the fact that the AI doesn't cross, it's quite enjoyable, at least for me.

There are too many handballs in the game now... I'm seeing multiple free kicks due to handballs in each match now.

Thought I'd try using defensive tactics and "player instructions" to fix the switched-off CMs.

Turns out "player instructions"... don't work.

(Excuse the terrible editing, Windows' bundled video editor is shite.)

The AI refuses to cross (as @Matt10 said)...

Scooby Doo running is as bad as ever...

Handball decisions break the game (I couldn't continue for two minutes)...

Some New videos with my sliders.

Liverpool vs City Legend// OM vs PSG - FUMA - Champion

AC Milan vs Inter// United vs AJAX - FUMA - Champion

Dortmund vs Bayern Munich - FUMA - Champion

OL vs AS St Etienne // France vs Allemagne - FUMA - Champion

1st thing you need to do is turn off competitive mode or whatever it’s called, gets rid of the ridiculous tricks crap players are pulling off

About the CDM issue, this just happened to me, I'm Gladbach against Bayern, I'm controlling Zakaria, then immediately after I switch to the other CDM, Zakaria goes forward for no reason leaving tons of space behind him:
The thing is, except for this cdm issue and the fact that the AI doesn't cross, it's quite enjoyable, at least for me.
Yeah that’s terrible right there. It happens as soon as the 1v1 recognises a target change.

It was still there last year, and awful as well - but I think a possible difference last year was when it would switch targets the other defender would just ‘switch off’, so he’d be useless but he still be standing in the way at least. This year he reverts back to a grid and just runs away as @Dr Force mentioned.

I'm now EA Game Changer, I'm trying to fight for better Offline gameplay ✌. Thanks for your feedback.

If the midfielders have a high defensive awareness ...

Attributes is Key in FIFA 21

We're believe in that?

View attachment 61618
Good to hear man, hopefully you have some luck!

Wow, yes that is definitely not happening at all. I haven't seen any midfielders tracking from the games I've played. It shouldn't mean if players don't have 'high awareness' that they can't track runs at all. If they had ANY awareness at all - a tiny, tiny amount of awareness would be better than this haha.

I mean look at this. It's just shocking defending for Legendary -

I'm now EA Game Changer, I'm trying to fight for better Offline gameplay ✌. Thanks for your feedback.

We're believe in that?

View attachment 61618

This should be the default in CM, it should be a simple option or the default. Same with the back 4 who appear to not bother much when you get in behind with a through pass. If this is true then I was right when I said that fut will have a PAY TO WIN solution down the road, for a very basic function of the human brain and better defending than CM.

Because no matter how much fut people complain about AI defending and appear to like their goalfests, they're still annoyed when they concede and they will still want to be able to avoid it.

Another reason this should be the default in CM, people are not forced to play 6 minutes halves, they can play more than that and there should be better defending/a midfield/more time for build up. I have no idea how the game plays if someone gives 100 def. awareness to all players though. Someone else could try it cause I'm not buying the game just to try stuff, have better things to do. I'll consider it only when it's fixed, haha.

Last edited:
Tried another match, Getafe (me) against Levante, world-class, semi controls. 4:2 at halftime, every shot a goal, defence is just not there. Personally I don't believe it is something you can fix with sliders.

That looks exactly like every single time you get the ball on a modern pes game:CURSE:
That's what I was about to say. I had the very same experience in PES 2021 (Top Player difficulty though). I even made a video of that if you want to compare the two cases:

Luckily enough, at least in PES, it looks like it doesn't happen (well, it hasn't yet happened to me) when you switch to Superstar difficulty.

That's what I was about to say. I had the very same experience in PES 2021 (Top Player difficulty though). I even made a video of that if you want to compare the two cases:

Luckily enough, at least in PES, it looks like it doesn't happen (well, it hasn't yet happened to me) when you switch to Superstar difficulty.

It happens.. when counterattacking with midfielder/RB/LB, overlapping their CPU ai midfileder, leaving your 2 attacker hold by their defenders.. the same happen.

My sliders :

User / AI

Speed : 25/25
Acceleration : 50/50
Shoot mistakes : 55/60
Passes mistake : 55/60
Shoot speed : 45/45
Passes speed : 25/25
Fréquences des blessures : 70/70
Gravité des Blessures : 30/53
Goalkeep ability : 75/50
Positionnement marquage : 57/60
Positionnement frequences des courses : 27/50
Positionnement prof de la ligne def : 60/50
Positionnement etir de la ligne Def : 48/50
Positionnement larg de la ligne def : 51/50
Positionnement montee des arrieres : 49/50
Barre de puissance utilisateur : 50
Bad control : 55/62

Tried another match, Getafe (me) against Levante, world-class, semi controls. 4:2 at halftime, every shot a goal, defence is just not there. Personally I don't believe it is something you can fix with sliders.
Yeah I hope it can, I've been attempting different combinations also, but I don't think it'll be possible - not to eliminate it anyway.

I got stuck right into the Frosty gameplay files for 20 and even with access to everything there, 1v1 couldnt be eliminated. It's impact could be reduced a little, but not to a point where it wasn't still an issue unfortunately. It just overrides all of the AI decision making.

Really hoping EA step up.

We're believe in that?

View attachment 61618

It's not midfielders, it's all players.

Again this is football basics not something that needs a special attribute. To be honest FIFA has never for midfield right. Even FIFA 16 had defensive midfielders unable to hold position and full backs tucking in high up the pitch.

These are not new issues, but as the things surrounding them are intentionally disabled as well they get worse. Took about 3 years for teams to start playing long balls....

I've listed it as a bug on the EA forum. No idea if it'll be helpful at all, but a few people have listed it as a problem for them also. If anyone wants to mark it down as they've had the problem too then some extra numbers who agree can't hurt. I wrote the same thing about 5 times on the listing so I'm hoping it sinks in haha.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ot-tracking-or-providing-any/m-p/9551260#M703

Back
Top Bottom