FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Is that actually there?

Was in years ago, then they hid it, for no good reason whatsoever.

It's in for FUT, or at least a limited version (don't think it's showing full lineups, just top three players or something), but I haven't seen any mention of it coming to CM. Pathetic that FUT is getting this but not CM!

Nah!, Standard, chepeast one!
If there was an Offline-only version, I'd get that one!
85 sounded quite expensive ,I'm holding off any FIFA purchase until (and if) it's good and ticks my boxes,saw that fifa is roughly €10 more than pes.

yay, I can dress up my manager, wait I can’t give him a purple Afro

Wtf has happened to this game. It is sad to see really.

Still getting the demo just in case we have witnessed the worst marketing of a game ever!

Hey guys, I hear about Volta, will be 1 vs 1 only... :CONFUSE: is it fake news or joke?

They would be crazy. Isnt the basic idea is that you can create your own player? Its like Pro Clubs but on a smaller scale. Volta would be the only reason for me to buy this. I loved Fifa Street.

Not really, Volta is more about creating your own street football squad.
200.gif

Some of the career mode changes are welcome, but still so much more they could do. They really need to add a coaching carousel to this game to generate excitement in the mode. Having coaches and their tactics moving from team to team along with the players would add another layer. Some of it may be licensing, but I would welcome generic coaches as an option to overcome that.

Every sports game needs this, but with the heavy online influence, it has mostly gone away. NBA 2K has it and I think PES sort of has it, but haven't played it enough in the last year to know how it works.

Actually this looks amaizing! I really like it like old fifa street game with volta world.
Big minus = that gameplay at 1:21 and that blur?! Really dont like it.

According to some who've played Volta, whether or not it was their cup of tea they've all said the mode itself and gameplay are legit and high quality. Word is that EA sees this as potentially the future of FIFA online, with the potential to replace FUT in popularity, and the early feedback kinda supports that.

Maybe this is actually an awesome addition... if it means that the unrealistic BS in the main game - and those who enjoy that type of gameplay - get moved on from the 11v11 game. Wishful thinking probably.

Its in the game at no extra cost as far as I am aware

Yeah, but I didn't like FIFA 19 that much to begin with. And considering the changes from 19 to 20 are so little and so wrong, I wouldn't buy 20 just for the Volta mode which looks alright, even tempting if you will... but now to that extent. But you guys will let me know if it's that good when you hold the controller yourselves.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/news/pitch-notes-fifa-20-volta-football?isLocalized=true

I have to admit: Wow, that sounds amazing! So much stuff in Volta. This is huge. It’s not just a version of fifa street.
The futsal does. I don't have much interest in street football but that game type sounds like the closest we're going to get to proper 5-a-side. Futsal in the last FIFA Street was great for that. Not interested in street gear, just proper teams and players playing 5-a-side is great.

They're just transfering The One (NBA Live) to FIFA,which isn't a bad thing,but there you play 5vs5,which works in basketball,maybe attract a new crowd?
Who knows,me as a career i guy their target.
Everything in The one is free (you have to unlock stuff and gather points etc,and that's a way to compete Vs 2ks micro transactions,also a smart move (trying to get the 2k base over to EA)

Not sure this one will be "free" though since they own the majority of the market

It now has 3 bars in the difficulty settings to show you what each difficulty level changes in gameplay
Can’t actually play a match until tomorrow tho just access to the settings menus

That is worrying to read. I’ll be reading the impressions of those on here with beta access with interest. I take it the build will be the same as that reviewed in the article?

Great to actually read an article that is not a puff piece to drum up hype.

I suppose there is still some room to be optimistic in the sense that the base ideas are sound enough and if executed well will address some of the brain cracking elements of poor AI in 19. However, if they are poorly implemented then we will be in the same cycle of patch and re-patch again.

The principle of team shape is one I think it is worth EA holding their nerve over. Earning your space to create chances is something I have wanted to see in FIFA for years. 19 is just too easy to find an exploit even on the highest difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom