FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I got the beta code for the second year running but when I tried to redeem it didn't work. Apparently I've been given a US code and I'm in the UK.

Hopefully they can sort out a proper code for me but I wouldn't bet on it

If it has worked I would have got FUT and kick off modes

;)

ftfy! :D i feel the same!
absolutly not my cup of tea and another "new" featues that "just makes it return" (going on for years in both games)! ^^
The thing is, When i was 14, I thought FIFA Street was the coolest thing ever and i always wished they would just incorporate it in regular FIFA as a separate mode rather than a separate game. So i absolutely understand why EA would want to incorporate it, market it & who it would appeal to, It's got that trendy JD sports/Retrowave aesthetic that is currently poplar amoungst youngsters.

I get that there's room for less serious arcady alternatives to sports like NBA Jam and as long as there's a place for people to go to get that fix then i can't complain. As another user put it, If means a segregation of realism and arcade fun between 11v11 and street football then happy days.

How do you guys get these codes?.
I'm such a newbie.
You have to set your EA account to "receive newsletters" and some other privacy settings, on EA.com, as far as I can remember.

But I've had it set up properly for five years and never received an invite - I'm sure it's also based on how much time you spend in the game.

At least EA offers something brand new.

Yeah, but just imagine if all that energy, money and time had been used to focus on gameplay, animations and "traditional" 11 vs 11 football?. I can't help but think all these modes bring nothing good to the only important thing (personally, for me, obviously) which is the actual real football, the sport.

First it was The Journey, now it's Volta.
No wonder FIFA 16 is still the best game. It was the last one they didn't add any toys to it. It was the last they actually focused on the real sport.

Yeah, but just imagine if all that energy, money and time had been used to focus on gameplay, animations and "traditional" 11 vs 11 football?. I can't help but think all these modes bring nothing good to the only important thing (personally, for me, obviously) which is the actual real football, the sport.

No wonder FIFA 16 is still the best game. It was the last one they didn't add any toys to it. It was the last they actually focused on the real sport.
You would be right, if EA hasn't done anything in the last years. In the good old times, there was a huge gap in the regard of gameplay between PES and FIFA. But to be honest, the gap is closed. Today its much more a matter of taste, because both games have their flaws and strength and FIFA draw level with PES.
E.g. with the last years addition in FIFA of new tactics etc. they catch up PES in this matter.

Why would EA put so much effort into making such a complete game when they need to flog FIFA 2021 next year?

:TU: cause for most that is the part that really matters.
no wonder this thread looks like a desert.
nothing impressive to really talk about so far this year.
FIFA has got to step it up.

Volta does look good. But I'd never buy a game that expensive for that singe mode.

That's the case of PES. At this stage I don't think it's worth a full game. EA has a full package because they have already meet the basic requirement of a football game since the early PS3 era. PES struggles to publish a basic, functional football game and only in the recent years it has be come more rounded. In the mean time, EA have the luxury to innovate different modes and all that fantasy fun stuffs, things like Journey or Volta, because they can.

What I dont get is some people are complaining that "Volta should be a separate game". Why tf would someone ask for that? Why would you want to pay for 2 separate games when they conveniently combine them for you?
Im glad EA included Volta in FIFA 20.

That's the case of PES. At this stage I don't think it's worth a full game. EA has a full package because they have already meet the basic requirement of a football game since the early PS3 era. PES struggles to publish a basic, functional football game and only in the recent years it has be come more rounded.

In this year's case: I beg to differ.

But anyways, this is not the PES VS FIFA Comparison Thread.
Please, refer to that thread if you want to continue on that topic.

impressions from a mate :SHHH:

game feels very similar to 19. a bit slower. bit more fluid.

most volta modes (im presuming all of them) require manual shooting and you cannot change this. people will get real mad with this i reckon lol, they wont understand how to shoot and/or be good enough to score

volta gameplay is far more simalar to 11v11 gameplay than i expected. at least on manual controls.

So is there a reason why Suarez looks worse?

I'm speculating but couldn't it have something to do with Barca being a partner club for PES & some weird loophole that means EA aren't allowed to use scanned heads anymore for those players?

Because I can't think of another explanation why they would make an otherwise decent face worse for the sake of changing it...

Tried to to get a code from EA live chat haha they know im not eligible having given them my email was worth a crack though chat dosnt have codes to give out

I'm speculating but couldn't it have something to do with Barca being a partner club for PES & some weird loophole that means EA aren't allowed to use scanned heads anymore for those players?

Because I can't think of another explanation why they would make an otherwise decent face worse for the sake of changing it...

KW4fkB4.gif

What the actual fuck :LOL:

@MafiaMurderBag EA can scan Barcelona,manchester united,arsenal,bayern,because they have license for that leagues so they are allowed to scan their faces,PES can have 2 teams from each league something like that so with that teams PES can have their original kits/scan players and stadium,PES cant stop EA from scaning players from there teams,check liverpool last year,Alison and keita were scanned

@MafiaMurderBag EA can scan Barcelona,manchester united,arsenal,bayern,because they have license for that leagues so they are allowed to scan their faces,PES can have 2 teams from each league something like that so with that teams PES can have their original kits/scan players and stadium,PES cant stop EA from scaning players from there teams,check liverpool last year,Alison and keita were scanned

Please? https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/fifa-pes-contrast-compare.75470/page-77

Back
Top Bottom