FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

after playing the pes demo for the last few days I've preordered my fifa 20, not enough of an improvement to switch back over

Sounds fair to me.
If you played pes 2020 with a fifa-ish approach. it's like trying Richard burns rally or dirt rally with need for speed approach.

Sounds fair to me.
If you played pes 2020 with a fifa-ish approach. it's like trying Richard burns rally or dirt rally with need for speed approach.

I've been playing Pro Evolution for 25 years, I've built optionfiles for 10 of those years so I know when a pro evolution needs work or doesn't need work in the gameplay department, I'd rather be playing pro evolution than fifa but Konami have given me no choice as I'm an adult now with no time to be pissing around fixing their mistakes, with sliders on EA's game i can have the simulation game I want, you see pro evolution used to be like Richard Burns Rally but sadly like Colin McCrae it crashed and burned

Last edited:
I've been playing Pro Evolution for 25 years, I've built optionfiles for 10 of those years so I know when a pro evolution needs work or doesn't need work in the gameplay department, I'd rather be playing pro evolution than fifa but Konami have given me no choice as I'm an adult now with no time to be pissing around fixing their mistakes, with sliders on EA's game i can have the simulation game I want, you see pro evolution used to be like Richard Burns Rally but sadly like Colin McCrae it crashed and burned

FIFA & PES: Contrast & Compare

As you can read in my post above, there's a ton of things that FIFA does better than PES.
Althought im a pes fan, i can recognize that FIFA is an advanced game, but this year PES felt very real soccer sim, ONCE you get used of the not-so-smooth animations.

Anyway, any news for today's gameplay?

This is where the FIFA 20 gameplay will appear today - at some point during this event. It kicked off just under an hour ago, no sign of FIFA 20 yet though...

http://www.twitch.tv/easportsfifa

EDIT: Some contestants are currently having a rap battle.

I'm cringing so hard I think my eyeballs are about to pop.

Last edited:
It's just 30 fps stream and animations looks horrible.
I don't know..looks slower, for me looks and feel exactly like 19, but the stream is with really bad framerate.

Last edited:
after playing the pes demo for the last few days I've preordered my fifa 20, not enough of an improvement to switch back over
How about the stream? It is Fifa 19 exactly the same looking, no weight of players, they are on ice, better ball psyhics.
Still You made your choice?

How about the stream? It is Fifa 19 exactly the same looking, no weight of players, they are on ice, better ball psyhics.
Still You made your choice?
It has no editing for me to do either, plus il judge it when I've played my pre ordered copy

Last edited:
Let's see, four high level FIFA players can't score a single goal in a FIFA 20 match... that was awesome.

Just watching that, looks quite different from 19 in the sense that defending and tackling look to be an actual thing now, and, even more importantly, players weren't sprinting all over the pitch like before.

When you consider that this is a h2h match, it's a much slower paced gameplay and bodes really well for more realism in single player.

Usually early gameplay vids of FIFA look horrible. That actually didn't for me...

Sucked that it was 2 v 2 as it makes it hard to judge AI and positioning. With them controlling 4 players they could make it look better or worse than it really is. Speed seems good but it was too much up and down the pitch which could be because... well 4 fut players. Didn't like how 5 liverpool players just hanged around the halfway line when the ball was played near the opponents box. Neither hyped nor disappointed, just impossible to draw any conclusions. (But overall, in contrast to the horrible fifa 19 gameplay shown just before, it does look better).

Last edited:
Sucked that it was 2 v 2 as it makes it hard to judge AI and positioning. With them controlling 4 players they could make it look better or worse than it really is. Speed seems good but it was too much up and down the pitch which could be because... well 4 fut players. Didn't like how 5 liverpool players just hanged around the halfway line when the ball was played near the opponents box. Neither hyped nor disappointed, just impossible to draw any conclusions.

I was watching the AI players and it looked much improved, if only because they weren't moving and sprinting about like headless chickens.

While the end product might still be rubbish, I think we can draw some conclusions, especially that they really did overhaul the flow of the match and spacing between players is much better, while defending looked to be legit finally.

I didn't notice a single instance of the ball ricocheting around or the ball bouncing back to attacker - I don't think that can be underestimated how big a change that will be. I also noticed a number of opportunities that would have been easy chances in 19 but ended with nothing.

I'm sure there will be issues at release but for me it looks like they've removed/fixed the core issues that plagued 19's gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom