Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Played a couple more games tonight and man this game is tough.

I was at home against Stoke in Round 2 of the Carabao Cup. It was a fantastic match but i was so nervous. This is the biggest team i have played against in my career :P

I went 2-0 down in the first half without us even having a shot. Their second goal was one of those stupid ones when i passed the ball around in defence and their player pounced. I felt so stupid.

The second half i changed it around a bit and i managed to get a few shots in but it stayed at 2-0. :(

I normally do videos but I think I may just knock it on the head because it takes up too much time. I might just record the goals from now on.

One thing i have noticed and it may be from the update. Is the player switching is not good. I have it on “Air Balls Switching Only” but some times there is the loose ball and I want a different player to get it but when I press the L1 button it does not switch players, it stays on the same one. It was really annoying me in the matches I played tonight because a few times i played the ball down the wing for my striker to run out wide and get but cursor kept picking my SMF instead. No matter how many times i tried to switch it wouldnt.

That is one thing that I would like to change because my attacking play broke down quite a lot against Stoke because of that. Otherwise i would have come back and beaten them 3-2 :)

I was watching a Career youtube video,the guy won his 33rd match of Premier League and there was a lifting the trophy cutscene afterwards.Then in the table you could see that he has a 10 point difference from the second team which have played 34 matches.That means that mathematically there was still a chance for the second team to win the trophy if they won all their remaining matches and the guy lost all of his remaining matches.
But the AI had already ''decided'' that the second team can't win all their remaining matches so it introduced a winner trophy cutscene for the player from his 33rd match lol..That's even worse than scripting,it's something beyond it as it ''knew'' this 5 matches before the end.
It's just bad and lazy that with all the millions that they make from this game they don't bother to fix such stupid things.

But let's be honest..the second team was Spurs so how could they won a trophy??
I see what you did there EA!
(Some Arsenal fan trolling..no offence.:D)

Here's the video,the table bug is at 19:10.

Last edited:
Played a couple more games tonight and man this game is tough.

I was at home against Stoke in Round 2 of the Carabao Cup. It was a fantastic match but i was so nervous. This is the biggest team i have played against in my career :P

I went 2-0 down in the first half without us even having a shot. Their second goal was one of those stupid ones when i passed the ball around in defence and their player pounced. I felt so stupid.

The second half i changed it around a bit and i managed to get a few shots in but it stayed at 2-0. :(

I normally do videos but I think I may just knock it on the head because it takes up too much time. I might just record the goals from now on.

One thing i have noticed and it may be from the update. Is the player switching is not good. I have it on “Air Balls Switching Only” but some times there is the loose ball and I want a different player to get it but when I press the L1 button it does not switch players, it stays on the same one. It was really annoying me in the matches I played tonight because a few times i played the ball down the wing for my striker to run out wide and get but cursor kept picking my SMF instead. No matter how many times i tried to switch it wouldnt.

That is one thing that I would like to change because my attacking play broke down quite a lot against Stoke because of that. Otherwise i would have come back and beaten them 3-2 :)

Agreed regarding the switching. It needs to be improved.

Yeah I've had this a few times where it seems it doesn't want to let me switch players whether I press R1 or more the stick. Almost cost me a goal last night I had to watch a cross sail over my fullback's head but fortunately the CPU forward was wasteful.

For someone who supposedly hates Fifa, @Dennis_87 sure is interested in the game.

As long as he can find something negative to discuss about the game he's happy to post about it.

The way I have it set up is like this:
In the Origin Games folder, you have the FIFA 19 main folder, so I made my back up and put it right there and named it "_BACKUP 1.0"
So now inside the Origin Games folder, you have two folders.
-FIFA 19
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0

So run FIFA 19, and when the pre-launch screen appears (with the PLAY, GAME SETTINGS and EXIT screen), you simply rename the folders:
-FIFA 19 -> FIFA 19_ORIG
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0 -> FIFA 19

Then hit PLAY.
Remember to revert the names to what they were after playing.

Just tried to do this but Windows won't let me change the name of the FIFA 19 folder

'The action cant be completed because the folder is open in another program'

How do you get around this?

For someone who supposedly hates Fifa, @Dennis_87 sure is interested in the game.
Instead of failing on trying to be funny,i would suggest you to actually watch the video and see that this bug is indeed a fact and it must be fixed but they're too busy on milking kids' lunch money on Fut cards to fix it.
But ok..as long as i hate Fifa(which i don't,in case you didn't understand it already..)then it doesn't matter i guess..
I didn't know that only Fifa fanboys can post here..
Also you can keep mentioning first on me if you want but then don't start crying again and playing the victim if i mention on you also..Cheers pal.

Yeah I've had this a few times where it seems it doesn't want to let me switch players whether I press R1 or more the stick. Almost cost me a goal last night I had to watch a cross sail over my fullback's head but fortunately the CPU forward was wasteful.

As long as he can find something negative to discuss about the game he's happy to post about it.
Ok..let me try again..
Wow what a good atmosphere in the game..
Also good shooting..
Not to mention all the licenses..
Wow the menus..
Wow good commentary..
But you know..there are some issues also..
One of them is mentioned in the video i posted..
I hope it's better now..

Can anyone help me out? Spent all morning changing the names of grounds for Bundesliga,2 and liga3 clubs to their correct names via edit mode. Started a new career with Eintracht Braunschweig in liga3 but all the grounds are back showing the default names. Have I missed something?

Son has this on the PS4 now and I just cant understand how it is liked. They can never get the ball correct, it just dosent look like a football going around the pitch, just a circle that has pre-defined lines all the time.

Outside of that they do some great stuff with their licences.

Hmm, I've never experienced that. I Just quickly tap the x button in such a situation.
I am starting to think it's dependent on the keeper. I literally cannot get Fabianski to roll the ball out. Everytime I press x (tried quick tapping) he overarms throws, even when the receiver is a yard or 2 away. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

Can anyone help me out? Spent all morning changing the names of grounds for Bundesliga,2 and liga3 clubs to their correct names via edit mode. Started a new career with Eintracht Braunschweig in liga3 but all the grounds are back showing the default names. Have I missed something?

It's probably too late now if you saved your edited squads only once? I make sure once I've edited anything I make at least three copies, if you do have a backup squad, load it in, then go start your CM, when it says "downloading latest squads" press B to cancel and it'll move forward to the next part of CM creation with your nice customised squads :)

We need to gather up some screenshots / videos of this happening across a lot of peoples' save games. I'll check out the PL in my career mode tonight. If we can present them with (enough) evidence, I'm sure we can get them to tweak something...
This is my current experience at the end of November.

I'm West Ham and have just played City. I've taken a photo of City's line up, with several key players missing. I wouldn't even mind if they were replaced wirh squad players, but they're replaced with youth players. At 1-0 down, they took off Sane and put on Benjamin Garre. Garre is a million miles off the first team.

Transfer wise, Dael Fry has gone to Real Madrid and Josh King has gone to City. Just massively unrealistic.

And then the league table. Just utterly bizarre. Who programmes this? Honestly it's shocking. Ruining an otherwise very good game.

Attachments

• 20181013_123914.jpg
    20181013_123914.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20181013_133636.jpg
    20181013_133636.jpg
  • 20181013_133616.jpg
    20181013_133616.jpg
  • 20181013_133805.jpg
    20181013_133805.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20181013_133948.jpg
    20181013_133948.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
I am starting to think it's dependent on the keeper. I literally cannot get Fabianski to roll the ball out. Everytime I press x (tried quick tapping) he overarms throws, even when the receiver is a yard or 2 away. It looks absolutely ridiculous.
That is strange. Just tried this with Fabianski and had no problems at all tapping X and him rolling the ball out. I'm on PS4, by the way.

I would definitely recommend giving it a go though just know going in that FUT, even if it's just single player, has it's own frustrations.

Yes, you can play whatever you want in FUT. That could be online multiplayer or single player. Because of the new content they've added in the last couple years, single player FUT is just as viable as multiplayer, and you can do both (which is what I do).

For single player, the two main FUT game modes are Squad Battles and Seasons. In both you can choose your own difficulty and no, you're not required to play Pro or Amateur or whatever games. I mostly play Squad Battles on Legendary and most matches feel about the same difficulty level of a CL game in Career Mode. Every now and then you'll get a pretty easy matchup, if the team you play has poor chemistry, but most games are pretty intense.

Seasons I don't play as much as it's a really undercooked mode and the rewards aren't great, but you can choose a difficulty level and then play out a season's length of games against a variety of teams. For me the only reason to play it is if you've already completed your SB matches for the day and don't want to play multiplayer.

For stadium chants, you're correct - they are based on whatever team badge you select. Something they added this year is that your FUT club name is now displayed in the stadiums as banners, so people are having fun with creative and weird names. Something maybe to keep in mind when you create your club.

Gamespeed in FUT is set to Normal and cannot be changed. And I'm pretty sure the accusations that FUT was set to Fast in the past were totally false and what people interpreted as Fast gamespeed was just down to playing elite-level players with chemistry boosts. And that for me is maybe the biggest negative of the mode - games can be too fast and because most teams are filled with the best players in the world with stat boosts, it can get a bit silly.

Just be aware that right now playing Squad Battles isn't the best experience because every team you play against is set to possession and sitting deep tactics. We've not heard official word for why this is but it's frustrating - if you want a challenge, you're in for one because when the CPU sits deep with good players on high chem, it's a bitch to break them down.

Building a team and experimenting with loads of different players is for me quite fun in FUT. Gameplay isn't always the best because it can feel like FIFA on a cocktail of steroids and amphetamines, but I recommend at least giving it a go. Especially if you're disappointed with the level of challenge in CM.
Thanks for all of the information it’s much appreciated.

I will have a look at FUT when I get some spare time this evening.

I just can’t play Career any longer, behind the bells and whistles and glamourous presentation, it’s just dull with and without sliders.

Just tried to do this but Windows won't let me change the name of the FIFA 19 folder

'The action cant be completed because the folder is open in another program'

How do you get around this?

The fifa config/launcher is inside the fifa19 directory, you can't rename the folder while it's running. Rename the folders while it's not running (important: disable automatic game updates first, you don't want origin overwriting your version 1 files!). Next time Origin may say that there is a required update and you can't play unless you download it. You also have to go offline (origin -> go offline) and only then it will let you play version 1. It works fine but you just can't go online without origin bothering you to update. I'm playing pre-patch right now personally.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the information it’s much appreciated.

I will have a look at FUT when I get some spare time this evening.

I just can’t play Career any longer, behind the bells and whistles and glamourous presentation, it’s just dull with and without sliders.

I'll be curious to know how things go. You might also want to try playing some UCL tournaments, as it might now be the best non-FUT mode to play for a consistent challenge.

That is strange. Just tried this with Fabianski and had no problems at all tapping X and him rolling the ball out. I'm on PS4, by the way.
It’s as confusing as the throw ins (my workaround is switching to the receiver first with RS)! ;)
I had keeper rolling the ball down the ground but most of the time they do that overhead through even if the team mate is just 2 meter away. I like to know for sure what’s up in that regard and how you control high or low out of hands moves!

It’s as confusing as the throw ins (my workaround is switching to the receiver first with RS)! ;)
I had keeper rolling the ball down the ground but most of the time they do that overhead through even if the team mate is just 2 meter away. I like to know for sure what’s up in that regard and how you control high or low out of hands moves!
It is strange Pro_too. I’ve never had this issue. Don’t you play manual though ? That might be where the issue is? Not that it shouldn’t work with manual. Just a guess at why I don’t have that issue and you do.

enjoying the game vs cpu in FUT singleplayer challenges, online vs other people is a no go, all of his players are superhuman, tackling every ball, and not letting me pass any ball, unplayable online vs other people

It is strange Pro_too. I’ve never had this issue. Don’t you play manual though ? That might be where the issue is? Not that it shouldn’t work with manual. Just a guess at why I don’t have that issue and you do.
thx mate. so a test, 2 matches, same teams and everything, one time playing semi and one time playing manual, should bring clearence!? hm... might give it a go tonight!

but for sure ill play what match tonight??? ;) if you know me by now... its the match that is on tonight. netherlands vs germany! cant wait!

upload_2018-10-13_18-28-40.png

Need the aggression logic from FA Cup matches to be applied to all matches! One of their fouls was a penalty for me as well
1f642.png

thx mate. so a test, 2 matches, same teams and everything, one time playing semi and one time playing manual, should bring clearence!? hm... might give it a go tonight!

but for sure ill play what match tonight??? ;) if you know me by now... its the match that is on tonight. netherlands vs germany! cant wait!
No worries. Holland sounds like a good game. I actually play don’t play semi or manual at the moment so maybe try all three. At a guess, I would think it is something to do with power bar. Do you change that with sliders ? If not maybe something with manual not registering small presses of pass correctly in order to trigger the low roll animation. Cheers

No worries. Holland sounds like a good game. I actually play don’t play semi or manual at the moment so maybe try all three. At a guess, I would think it is something to do with power bar. Do you change that with sliders ? If not maybe something with manual not registering small presses of pass correctly in order to trigger the low roll animation. Cheers
Yes. I upped my power bar to 60 when I play fuma. I lower it to 40 when I play semi pass assist. Could be...
Maybe the manual header prob at the other game is the keeper throw prob in fifa. ;)
We need to find out. Nothing worse in video games to me than a game where I don’t know the fundamental controls.

The throw happens using manual not semi.

I still can't get settled with this game, I feel I'm on the cusp of getting a set of controls and sliders I'm happy with but I'm not there yet. The patch deffo helped with the ball rolling issue but I'm still having these issues:

Physicality: The cpu just barges me off the ball and its fucking annoying after a while. Combine this with a catchup bug and you get hacked off pretty quickly.

Catch up bug: Its deffo in here and its as big as clear as day. Even with fast players like Salah and Mane, you get away from the CPU he comes storming back. Annoying as fuck.

First time shots: The cpu is happy to pass it around the box and then just whack it first chance they get. Theres zero composure, no holding up, no playing it into peoples feet or taking a touch before finishing, its just first time shots!

HOW DO WE FIX THESE ISSUES IN SLIDERS?

here we go again….the full manual discussion.
Never have played full manual, never will.

I'm comparing the game to '18, seems easier. I have already gone up to world class, sliders can do the rest.
Might go to semi, but not to full manual. Just my choice as i'm really not that good at FIFA.

He's absolutely right though. Assisted is for quick pick up and play for all ages. Learn manual and you'll have more to think about when you are playing, you'll have to think about your passing and your runs, not to mention how you defend.

Just saw this on the FIFA Career sub reddit

5jrchc1evxr11.jpg

Come on EA, sort it out. The more players that leave Career for FUT because of issues like this....makes me sad. These are silly issues that can easily be fixed. Everton winning the league in most people's saves this year. its just stupid.

I just don't understand why in 2018 we still get programmers who cant program such simple things?

And then there is this:

EA really dont give a crap about Career Mode do they?

I honestly believe this is the last year we'll see Career Mode and Master League in both games....its Fantasy Card BS from here on in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom