FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

it was crazy in fifa 11 or 12, played online with a friend, the ball starts slow but it gets faster all of a sudden, on long passes down the line it never stopped whatsoever, always rolled out of play, now it's just slow

Im glad Im not the only one that see this as a problem.

Online passing power/speed is so random, its so fustrating for players who like to make lateral/backward passes to keep possession.

First touchs are also so slow at times for no reason. I hate how when you for ex switch the play, player sometimes take too much time to trap the ball with his chest and put it under control. Ball bounces too much and players look like amatuers trying to put the ball under control.

I feel like in Fifa theres this strange force not controlled by the user (scripting maybe ?) that just make the game not flowing right and natural. Lateral passes becoming so slow for no logic reason, players taking years and acting like retards trying to put a bouncing ball under control, all these things imo are there to give an illusion that the game plays slow and realistic.

Last edited:

Online passing power/speed is so random, its so fustrating for players who like to make lateral/backward passes to keep possession.

First touchs are also so slow at times for no reason. I hate how when you for ex switch the play, player sometimes take too much time to trap the ball with his chest and put it under control. Ball bounces too much and players look like amatuers trying to put the ball under control.

I feel like in Fifa theres this strange force not controlled by the user (scripting maybe ?) that just make the game not flowing right and natural. Lateral passes becoming so slow for no logic reason, players taking years and acting like retards trying to put a bouncing ball under control, all these things imo are there to give an illusion that the game plays slow and realistic.

I'm playing it on the ps4, I did encounter those problems when Fifa first came out, but whatever magic EA did in there last few patches, I'm not experiencing that at all, Fifa 16 for me now is the benchmark, still can't believe how good this game is.

Last edited:
Ck-BxKmWYAEtfe4.jpg

As seen above, you are able to switch off the new corner kick marker. Hopefully it will be permanent after switching it off for the first time.

Some bad news from a guy from a turkish gaming site who played the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpqR3Z0HqNw

-Game changed hugely. (in good and bad way). Shooting, heading, passing etc. new mechanics. New animations.
-Sliding tackle very easy. He tried to get some free kick to test, but he couldn't managed it because of easy sliding tackle.
-Pace didn't change. But somehow he couldn't slow the game. He thinks the game is overfluid (?).
-Set pieces vey different. In corner kicks you can select the place you want to send the ball. But it's very exact. Makes the game very easy. No room for error.
-Comparing to Fifa 16, direction is to arcade.
-Graphically the game looks somehow dull. He said maybe because of the TV or the build.

(Sorry for the English).

Hmmm ok.

I´m playing FIFA 16 since it came out and still enjoying it (offline, CM, slow, professional, assisted, moddingway patch).
That slow pass and all the other points you mention is something that I never ever experienced in that game.
I also don´t think that the ball bounces too much, the ball physics are just right for me, maybe room for improvement.
But each to their own, of course.

Actually I don´t like this period where all that blurry videos come out, with such a bad quality.
Sometimes I wonder what cams or phones these dudes used, some Nokia N64?? It´s the year 2016, lol.
Still, some people claim to see everything and completely know how the game´s gonna be.
Until I played a demo, I won´t make any conclusion.

it definitely looks better to me, players and stadiums, much smoother animations the jerkiness is gone.

at least they aren't ice skating and tron running like PES

..as much as I liked the variations of fifa16 compared to pes16, one thing that really put me off was that fifa16 seems jerky.. or is it a lower framerate??? Its definitely not as smooth as pes16 animation wise. I noticed its worse in certain camera angles, where panning of the camera is somewhat jerky, and the ball through the air is somewhat jerky. Definitely a low framerate. If fifa17 is infact smoother, has better panning, and is at the 60fps that's been mentioned, for me that'll be a game changer. Oh, and the player physics need to improve, so players don't all look thin and tall as they do in fifa16.. those fixes would definitely reel me in.

I'm playing it on the ps4, I did encounter those problems when Fifa first came out, but whatever magic EA did in there last few patches, I'm not experimenting that at all, Fifa 16 for me now is the benchmark, still can't believe how good this game is.

.. interesting.. Ive been getting close to this feeling when I play the woman's games.. which I really enjoy. The variations, and just how deep the game is, is quite incredible. But what's deterred me from really liking fifa16 is the choppiness, bad panning on certain camera views, and the fact that its certainly not at 60fps. Movements, panning, ball movement through the air, just aint as smooth as pes16. But, pes16's player animations have bugged me of late, as well as the over simplicity of the game. Been getting into pes14 and we9le.... but im really hoping fifa17 is an advanced version of fifa16 with improved smoothness.. for me it really matters for a football ball game... that and ball physics etc..

Last edited:
..as much as I liked the variations of fifa16 compared to pes16, one thing that really put me off was that fifa16 seems jerky.. or is it a lower framerate??? Its definitely not as smooth as pes16 animation wise. I noticed its worse in certain camera angles, where panning of the camera is somewhat jerky, and the ball through the air is somewhat jerky. Definitely a low framerate. If fifa17 is infact smoother, has better panning, and is at the 60fps that's been mentioned, for me that'll be a game changer. Oh, and the player physics need to improve, so players don't all look thin and tall as they do in fifa16.. those fixes would definitely reel me in.
and the meter is choppy too.
penaltys, goal kicks i hate that meter.
hopefully it's all smooth like PES.

I had that on PC as well until I forced FIFA 16.exe for VSYNC with the Radeon Pro Software and it gets as smooth as butter.

.. interesting.. Ive been getting close to this feeling when I play the woman's games.. which I really enjoy. The variations, and just how deep the game is, is quite incredible. But what's deterred me from really liking fifa16 is the choppiness, bad panning on certain camera views, and the fact that its certainly not at 60fps. Movements, panning, ball movement through the air, just aint as smoother as pes16. But, pes16's player animations have bugged me of late, as well as the over simplicity of the game. Been getting into pes14 and we9le.... but im really hoping fifa17 is an advanced version of fifa17 with improved smoothness.. for me it really matters for a football ball game... that and ball physics etc..

they said the reason woman's side is smoother and has better gameplay is that it's new build from ground up.

mens side is old code with new code added

talking about the meter and player animations
Yeah, there's no denying that, for penalties, you have to press "shoot" when the arrow on the meter is inches behind the green centre.

It's really weird that it's been like that for so long - I've got used to it but I know guys who throw their pad across the room because they've never got used to having to press it a second before the indicator reaches the middle...

Dude, you better get a new PS4! I've never heard anyone talking about fifa not being smooth ;/

..nah not talking about stutter...ive got a ps4...its just how the ball pans and goes through the air. Not nearly as smooth as pes16. Same thing on PC...nothing to do with it not playing properly, but I really think it's fifas way of increasing response time, ie by reducing framerate...no way it's at 60fps ala pes16. They even mentioned somewhere recently that fifa17 will finally be at 60fps...which tells me it wasn't before...woman's game animation wise certainly looks smoother but ball physics particulary shooting still aint 60fps...

Yeah, there's no denying that, for penalties, you have to press "shoot" when the arrow on the meter is inches behind the green centre.

It's really weird that it's been like that for so long - I've got used to it but I know guys who throw their pad across the room because they've never got used to having to press it a second before the indicator reaches the middle...

that's why i like PES penalties better

.. interesting.. Ive been getting close to this feeling when I play the woman's games.. which I really enjoy. The variations, and just how deep the game is, is quite incredible. But what's deterred me from really liking fifa16 is the choppiness, bad panning on certain camera views, and the fact that its certainly not at 60fps. Movements, panning, ball movement through the air, just aint as smooth as pes16. But, pes16's player animations have bugged me of late, as well as the over simplicity of the game. Been getting into pes14 and we9le.... but im really hoping fifa17 is an advanced version of fifa16 with improved smoothness.. for me it really matters for a football ball game... that and ball physics etc..

Have you played it lately cos all those areas you say aren't there, but the camera I use is co op screen and seriously dude it's awesome, and I'm no Fifa fan, this is the first time I can truly say this game is unbelievable.

Try matt 10s sliders if you ever get the chance.

Last edited:
I see that players can still change direction, 180 degrees, in a nano-second.
LOL first thing I noticed as well. Always thought the zero player-momentum issue was a PS2 limitation issue back in the day, guess it's just a plain old "EA programs it that way on purpose" thing.

I'm still playing the women's tourney and still prefer it. Is it because they've been made slower on purpose?

Have you played it lately cos all those areas you say aren't there, but the camera I use is co op screen and seriously dude it's awesome, and I'm no Fifa fan, this is the first time I can truly say this game is unbelievable.

Where can I find these?

they said the reason woman's side is smoother and has better gameplay is that it's new build from ground up.

mens side is old code with new code added

Whoa, wha..? You have a source for that?

I've never experienced that on my PC (which, by the way, is pretty old), but I got that exact experience while playing at a mate's home though: either you pressed the 'shoot' button half a second before the indicator reached the green part, or your player would slip no-matter-what. I found it strange (as he's got a PC that's way more powerful than mine) but I thought it was something either driver-related or settings-related.
We were also using a projector when it happened, so also the projector could've played a role in it.

that's why i like PES penalties better

I have to say despite the not-so-smooth framerate, fifa16's penalties kill pes16's... pes12-16's penalties have been garbage... pes11 was good where both your height, power and angle was based on timing (how long you pressed the button). I like fifa's system, just needs more smoothness.. mind you, ive heard there is a complete overhaul.. so itll be interesting. Pes17 needs the the overhaul hahah

yeah ill give that a go. Co-op is kinda too far for me, unless I play on my 100" projector screen.. ill give that a go. Will try those sliders and let you know how i go. But interestingly the camera angle one uses does make a difference to the smoothness etc. Cant think off the top of my head which ones are worse, but just going though all the angles, you definitely feel a difference i the way the ball pans across the screen. With Pes all angles seem the same. Just the closer you are, the more responsive things feel, particularly dribbling wise. In fifa I definitely notice some camera angles are better than others while im flicking through them...

Actually, while its on my mind. I actually played fifa16 demo on the ps3.. weird, but I like how this feels and how smooth things seem, in comparison to the ps4 version. Anyone notice that the ps3 version, despite its lack of resolution etc, feels better than ps4 version.. sorry for getting off topic.

I'm still playing the women's tourney and still prefer it. Is it because they've been made slower on purpose?

Where can I find these?

Whoa, wha..? You have a source for that?

I remember hearing about the fact that the woman animations and gameplay has been made from ground up, as opposed to the mens -where things have simply been modified etc. Don't know where I heard this, but by playing the womans game vs. mens, there is definitely a difference, and the womans game is probably sim like feeling I get from a soccer game, apart from pes14 (minus the poor response).

yeah ill give that a go. Co-op is kinda too far for me, unless I play on my 100" projector screen.. ill give that a go. Will try those sliders and let you know how i go. But interestingly the camera angle one uses does make a difference to the smoothness etc. Cant think off the top of my head which ones are worse, but just going though all the angles, you definitely feel a difference i the way the ball pans across the screen. With Pes all angles seem the same. Just the closer you are, the more responsive things feel, particularly dribbling wise. In fifa I definitely notice some camera angles are better than others while im flicking through them...

Actually, while its on my mind. I actually played fifa16 demo on the ps3.. weird, but I like how this feels and how smooth things seem, in comparison to the ps4 version. Anyone notice that the ps3 version, despite its lack of resolution etc, feels better than ps4 version.. sorry for getting off topic.

Yeah I play on a massive screen which is why I like co-op cam, very very smooth on that cam as well and running animations (which was a turn off for me in the past) looks great.

Back
Top Bottom