FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@elfie could you say where you got your code please? i can't seem to find one online

edit: having read this (https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-pc-port-is-extinct.87491/) looks like i won't be playing fifa 16 :(

i used to have it via EA Play but it isn't available on there anymore. so while i have all the game files i can't play it :(

many thanks for this!
I bought mine at cdkeys.com for around 17 Euro’s.
Seems to be out of stock again though.

Regarding the key question... 39,99 at Amazon seems to be the smartest deal at the moment.
One question please: can I use Xbox codes for FIFA16 when I’m in a one year period of GPU subscription?!
thanks for the suggestion. would that be this one? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

i was just worried that it might only have German commentary or language or something?

EDIT: the Amazon Germany one states "Note: This product is currently only available for customers in Germany and Austria." as i'm based in the UK i guess it won't work?

Last edited:
To buy a cd key for a pc game?
Not sure that the ms/Xbox store still has it?
Or did I misunderstand your question?
Yeah i thought i could just maybe enter that code in the MS store where i downloaded MSFS2020 and would be good…
man, that freaking key still is at minimum of 40 bucks.

guess I’ll have a couple of more matches in FIFA16 on PS5 for now. Let’s see.

thanks for the suggestion. would that be this one? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

i was just worried that it might only have German commentary or language or something?

EDIT: the Amazon Germany one states "Note: This product is currently only available for customers in Germany and Austria." as i'm based in the UK i guess it won't work?
The french website has it in stock as well but i guess thats bound to residents from France too.
https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-fifa-16-cd-key-compare-prices/

UK Amazon does not have the game available atm.

has anyone bought from CJS before? they appear to have a copy of the game: https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products...erral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop&setCurrencyId=1

:LOL: the non bonus version is freaking 53 pounds. with bonus shXX it is down to 39.

Been playing my Fulham carrier for a couple of fixtures today. Great stuff. Great fun!
now it’s the FA Cup final vs. United. Can’t wait. Let’s see what we can offer. Deep defense and counter attacks…thats what I’m after.

let us show them we are equal. Let em see we are willing. Fulham wants the cup!!
edit: we are down one man at half time. St. Juste (CB) got red carded… not the best ref decission so far.
…to finish this: we lost the FA Cup final 2:0. ManUnited deserved the win.
anyway… last match of the season was a fight for place 5 in the rankings and that would mean Europe League for the lads.
I loved how the commentators commented on the situation, that my teams needs a win to secure a place at the euro league and that we had fought for this the whole season. The commentator duo even came back to those statements when i go 0:1 behind against WBA. I scored an equalizer to end the match 1:1 and having Fulham end the season on a tied 5th place with 69 points. more goals scored meant we had the euro league place secured and Tottenham had a long off season coming! :D i was so relieved, as i dont replay games, that i barely made it to the EL! so freaking happy.

So lets see how the next Fulham season is evolving. 3 players are leaving the club because i was stupid negotiating contracts and such. Anyway… my team is much smaller now, like 18 player atm, but i will buy a young CD, CM and GK. Need to put more rotation into my team as players moan a lot about not playing! „You are a sub man, not first team material at the moment… go do your training sessions and well see“ i tell them all the time. :D

cant wait to travel Europe next year and play some teams from foreign leagues.

Last edited:
I checked, i really don't know what i've done with FIFA 18 and 19, but i keeped the 16 (fortunately) after selling my PS4 to buy a PS4 pro.
I really would like to play with actual rosters as i'm on PS4 PRO, and a bit online as i like it on FIFA 16, but whatever. Will play with 15-16 rosters, MLS was fun with Pirlo, Giovinco, Gerrard and or Lampard i don't remember exactly as i didn't followed it too much, the big Toronto with Giovinco etc.
Like a lot to play with teams with average or low rated player combinated with strong ones.

Got a mod but only for FIFA 14 i would like to change, but it's taking too much time for what i will do with it : playing 3 games and that's all as it's still a bit fresh in my mind. More than FIFA 16 as the 14 is like the 12 improved again and again and corrected, so the gameplay is similar.

Those teams reminds me the time when we played with some average or pretty low rated teams just for one or two player very high (Shevchenko with Ukraine, etc.) Now MLS is way more balanced, weirdly they got more teams so it should be a biggest repartition of US/Canada players, but they're all stronger overally such as USA NT (also Canada, but they needs time, fresh new players etc.)

The new season is on its way. Mixed results so far. SWA is leading the rankings… and it’s just great. :LOVE:
My third match was against Swansea and they played really well. A very good passing game accompanied by lethal finishes where their weapons of choice when I played them. I lost this match 2 to 0 and moved on. When I checked the table after that third match in the season, I found out Swansea was unbeaten, on top of the table. :APPLAUD:
So this was really a great moment for me, as I was confirmed by the table what I just felt on the pitch. 😍 this game!

It’s time for my first European cup match versus some (I say that with respect) Turkish football team now. Eskisehir it is. Never heard of them, but let’s see. Unknown opponents are the worst!

The team is featuring only 18 players now and I’m not sure if I have messed up or the game it’s challenging. Thing is, I desperately need to buy more players but I had to find out all money not spend is gone after the season is over.
I never checked those details and just played my matches but now, as I feel connected to Fulham, and my team, I need to get a grip on the financials. And those email offers, for national duties, are still keep flying in… Ain’t nobody got time for that! :LOL:

edit: even before kick off, it’s very nice to see a new kit set.

Ain’t nobody got time for that
Thats what I thought until I saw Ireland knocking and had to open the door. Now Im playing on both fronts.

The team is featuring only 18 players now and I’m not sure if I have messed up or the game it’s challenging.

I dont know exactly what you mean by that, but I remember playing one season on some Fifa (dont remember which one) and when the next season started I had nearly half of my team gone. Turned out they were all on loan and when the loan finished they just went back to their clubs. I was fucked. Since then Im proper paranoid and always checking all the contracts to make sure I will have cover for next season.

Thats what I thought until I saw Ireland knocking and had to open the door. Now Im playing on both fronts.

I dont know exactly what you mean by that, but I remember playing one season on some Fifa (dont remember which one) and when the next season started I had nearly half of my team gone. Turned out they were all on loan and when the loan finished they just went back to their clubs. I was fucked. Since then Im proper paranoid and always checking all the contracts to make sure I will have cover for next season.
I mean, I’m to stupid to handle the contract tools. :LOL:
i keep playing my matches, don’t want to agree to the players wage demands… they get angry sometimes leaving the club. :) I had players joining other teams because I did not fully agree to their terms.

I mean, I’m to stupid to handle the contract tools. :LOL:
i keep playing my matches, don’t want to agree to the players wage demands… they get angry sometimes leaving the club. :) I had players joining other teams because I did not fully agree to their terms.
I never really have that issue, coz I never buy anybody. In finances I put 80% of budget towards wages and I give all players (the ones I want to keep) whatever they want. :LOL:
My all focus goes into youth academy.

Does anyone know any magic trick to have a bigger player cursor on xbox?
It's too small, and hard to see.

Question, out of curiosity - If I bought stuff from the catalogue - kits and balls - would that be kept if I went back to vanilla?
I know it fucks up the save and you cant continue your career mode, coz of league structures and players and whatnot.

But does going back to vanilla also deletes all the items redeemed from catalogue?

(Ps4)

Question, out of curiosity - If I bought stuff from the catalogue - kits and balls - would that be kept if I went back to vanilla?
I know it fucks up the save and you cant continue your career mode, coz of league structures and players and whatnot.

But does going back to vanilla also deletes all the items redeemed from catalogue?

(Ps4)
Good question but if you are logged in with your Origin account I don't see any problems. The items are bound to this account.

(Ps4)
When i uninstalled my 16 digital version and installed my disc version offline ,none of my retro kits were available.
When you you select kits and your team (or the opponent) has a retro kit ,it's a big padlock symbol blocking it.
Im pretty sure I've unlocked this on my digital version before
IMG_20210830_132616.jpg

When i uninstalled my 16 digital version and installed my disc version offline ,none of my retro kits were available.
When you you select kits and your team (or the opponent) has a retro kit ,it's a big padlock symbol blocking it.
Im pretty sure I've unlocked this on my digital version before
View attachment 117837
Yes, you're right, Ricky. I tested it just now.
Even uploaded settings and catalogue updates to cloud and then dowloaded it again, while pausing patch download.
Its like kits on Pes vanilla. Cant be done without internet connection.

But

Playing full season on patched version I played few games on vanilla.
I remember asking people whats the difference between patched version and vanilla, and people said ping pong passing, more Direct AI, faster.
Ping pong passing can be fixed by error and pass speed, but I thought the rest will mean - more difficult game overall..
I mean - more direct AI and faster game with less error should mean more difficult , right?
But its not. Vanilla is actually more difficult for me. I played full season with Bournemouth in second division and I destroyed them. Had 4 draws and 2 losses. Rest was all wins.
I got to say - im struggling on vanilla.
And its all due to weight of the players and inertia. Its hard to notice without playing couple of matches back to back on both versions. Its much more difficult to dribble on vanilla, which I absolutely love. Its still responsive, its still fun, but its more realistic. Also - AI might like to play at the back more, when on the ball, but defensively they also pressure more. Its much tighter in the middle and on the wings. Surprisingly - vanilla is more challenging for me.

Yes, you're right, Ricky. I tested it just now.
Even uploaded settings and catalogue updates to cloud and then dowloaded it again, while pausing patch download.
Its like kits on Pes vanilla. Cant be done without internet connection.

But

Playing full season on patched version I played few games on vanilla.
I remember asking people whats the difference between patched version and vanilla, and people said ping pong passing, more Direct AI, faster.
Ping pong passing can be fixed by error and pass speed, but I thought the rest will mean - more difficult game overall..
I mean - more direct AI and faster game with less error should mean more difficult , right?
But its not. Vanilla is actually more difficult for me. I played full season with Bournemouth in second division and I destroyed them. Had 4 draws and 2 losses. Rest was all wins.
I got to say - im struggling on vanilla.
And its all due to weight of the players and inertia. Its hard to notice without playing couple of matches back to back on both versions. Its much more difficult to dribble on vanilla, which I absolutely love. Its still responsive, its still fun, but its more realistic. Also - AI might like to play at the back more, when on the ball, but defensively they also pressure more. Its much tighter in the middle and on the wings. Surprisingly - vanilla is more challenging for me.
I agree ,I haven't really got in to (got back to) FIFA 16 that much since I enjoy other FIFA's more atm.
But the few games I've played ,vanilla is tougher for sure.
Still have an issue with FIFA 16 high pass percentage Vs 17 ,but it's a very challenging and good game.

My trick is to go back to broadcast cam ,that has made most of my FIFA's enjoyable and quite tough ,and not to mention getting a good pace back.
Still ,it sucks not having kits etc on the vanilla version

Its not even shortcuts. Its deliberate dumbing down to make the game easier and have more goals.

On Pes you play with 80+OVR player and he will pass with exact same accuracy as 60+OVR. I remember playing early Pes with default ML players. Buying one player between seasons, who would have 70OVR was making huge difference to a team. Stats means nothing these days.

Since more or less 2016/17 they gradually started removing any sort of learning curve, dumbing down AI, taking weight from the players, removing inertia, increasing overall accuracy in everything.

Even Fifa16, which I play constantly over the last couple of days (and consider the closest to fun-sim we got in the last 10-15 years), I went back to vanilla version and noticed how much more inertia was there at the beginning. How challenging and rewarding dribbling was. Even back then they started the process of simplifying everything in order to make the game faster and easier.

New games replaced learning curve with arcade challenge. How fast you can position your defender, can you intercept ping pong passing, can you run into attacker before he gets rid of the ball.
Games are going backwards. Those mechanics were the core of old crappy arcade games.
Its like nobody wants to learn anymore. How to tackle, how to aim, how much power to apply, when to dribble, how to trap the ball, how to position your player, when to kick the ball. People want to press the button and have a missile sent towards the keeper - regardless of situation.

There's no patience to learn anything. Kids just want instant success. 7-5. Now thats the fun score!

This is from another thread but I didn't want to be off topic there and decided to bring it here.

I absolutely agree. The last pair of patches for FIFA 16 were a turning point in the serie. I was so disgusted back then that I refused to buy FIFA 17 and switched to PES for the first time since PS3 days.
You described it perfectly. Weight ect sacrificed on the hostel of hyper responsiveness.

Hey guys, just a quick update. I'm working on releasing a AIO for the 21/22 kits done so far. I'm also working on some transfers, etc as well. It won't be comprehensive like the FIP - but it should get us by while we wait and will be a decent fix.

In terms of squads, I’ve done EPL and La Liga in full (well let’s say 99.9%). Lineups and squad numbers I’ve done a few but not many - but that isn’t such a difficult fix.

I’m running out of steam though! I was hoping to have at least the top 5 leagues of transfers done if possible. Would anyone be willing to offer to do a league or 2 if I send through my dB? This way we can work off the same db. Transfers can be made in CM16. Or the other thing I was thinking - is anyone aware of a way to combine certain team or leagues squads with an existing dB?

At the moment in terms of kits, the EPL is almost completely done. La liga and Bundesliga are close, and Ligue 1 and Serie A have a decent amount.

Hey guys, just a quick update. I'm working on releasing a AIO for the 21/22 kits done so far. I'm also working on some transfers, etc as well. It won't be comprehensive like the FIP - but it should get us by while we wait and will be a decent fix.

In terms of squads, I’ve done EPL and La Liga in full (well let’s say 99.9%). Lineups and squad numbers I’ve done a few but not many - but that isn’t such a difficult fix.

I’m running out of steam though! I was hoping to have at least the top 5 leagues of transfers done if possible. Would anyone be willing to offer to do a league or 2 if I send through my dB? This way we can work off the same db. Transfers can be made in CM16. Or the other thing I was thinking - is anyone aware of a way to combine certain team or leagues squads with an existing dB?

At the moment in terms of kits, the EPL is almost completely done. La liga and Bundesliga are close, and Ligue 1 and Serie A have a decent amount.
I can do the Portuguese league if you want.

Hey guys. Quick question about FIFA 16.

I've a bug when I play. The stadium is greyed all-around the pitch. (Tested with Bernabeu and Atlético Stadium)

I played with :

- FIFA 16 v1.0
- FIP 4.1
- Anth's mods (Lightning, Ball physics, Camera Package)
- Papinho's Faces (Correctly installed with DBMaster)
- FIFA 16 Intro Skipper
- Mortar's PostFX
- UEFA CL Scoreboard
- cl.ini "modded"

fifa16 2021-09-08 22-03-46.png

If anyone has an idea ? Thanks.

Could you show your cl.ini please?
Yes. Here it is:

STADIUM_ID=177

//Use rotating adboards instead of animated ones globally.
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1

//Force tournament decorations in all matches.
STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1

//Force crowd distribution. 0=normal, 1=neutral
//CROWD_DISTRIBUTION=1

FREE_ROAM_BALL_ID=110

UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1

//AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 0.1

[]
AI_USE_MORAL_EFFECTS=0
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

[]
FORCE_ANY = 0.50
FORCE_FRONT = 0.99
FORCE_BACK = 0.1

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

[]
SOCCERNET_BOX_NORMAL_LOOSE_2_SUPPORTS=-150

Yes. Here it is:

STADIUM_ID=177

//Use rotating adboards instead of animated ones globally.
STADIUM_USE_LEGACY_ADBOARDS=1

//Force tournament decorations in all matches.
STADIUM_DRESSING_OVERRIDE=1

//Force crowd distribution. 0=normal, 1=neutral
//CROWD_DISTRIBUTION=1

FREE_ROAM_BALL_ID=110

UNLOCK_ALL_UCC=1
UCC=1

//AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 0.1

[]
AI_USE_MORAL_EFFECTS=0
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY = 0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY = 0

[CPUAI]
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.80
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=0.60

[]
FORCE_ANY = 0.50
FORCE_FRONT = 0.99
FORCE_BACK = 0.1

[] //CHEATING
CPUAI_GetBallToPlayerScorePredictionPoints=0
[Avoidance]
MovementPrediction=0
[ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY]
ENABLED=0

[]
SOCCERNET_BOX_NORMAL_LOOSE_2_SUPPORTS=-150

Remove the first line with stadium id and it should be ok.

Price check reporting in: got a key for just under £23 from CJS CD Keys, the best I could find at the time of typing and a company I've used before so I trust them. I've had a few bad experiences with shady key sellers online, notably a seems-too-good-to-be-true all-Adobe-for-70-quid deal that turned out to be... you can guess the rest. So be careful out there. CJS still have keys for that price as of now.

The key worked and I'm about to dive in and play a bit of the fully installed, fully updated version (as recommended) before squeezing the whole thing down to 1.0 and doing the other hair-raising stuff required. I have very particular needs from a football game that are not really catered for by most footy games. Your descriptions of FIFA16 in this thread have me convinced it's worth a look.

Last edited:
Well I was having a good time with the updated official final EA version and only just got round to having a look to see what to do to 'patch down' to 1.0. The links I found in this thread for 1.0 seem to be dead - ? A OneDrive link and a Google Drive link. Will check back. So far though if I had to just stick with 1.7 or whatever version it is, it's pretty decent, got a couple of fouls and the pace is good. I remember hearing that FIFA 16 in its closed summertime beta was a superb, slow, thoughtful game that had already been watered down by the time 1.0 came around, which was itself all that remained of it.

Well I was having a good time with the updated official final EA version and only just got round to having a look to see what to do to 'patch down' to 1.0. The links I found in this thread for 1.0 seem to be dead - ? A OneDrive link and a Google Drive link. Will check back. So far though if I had to just stick with 1.7 or whatever version it is, it's pretty decent, got a couple of fouls and the pace is good. I remember hearing that FIFA 16 in its closed summertime beta was a superb, slow, thoughtful game that had already been watered down by the time 1.0 came around, which was itself all that remained of it.
Here it is the OneDrive link with 1.0 version : https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHjSQ3zzi6ejhmg&id=28679F17FFF02DB!36593&cid=028679F17FFF02DB

Back
Top Bottom