FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Guys I have a doubt. I've started again FIFA 16 (v 1.0, no patches or mods of any kind) and during a replay I noticed this:

It happens a couple of times during the replay.

Has it always been like this (and maybe fixed with 1.01 or 1.02 exe) or it's something that's happening on my side (and, apparently, only lately)?
I honestly don't remember it happening but apparently I'm wrong.
Unfortunatley, every football game has a degree of clipping, just comes with the nature of 3D gaming, it'll never be flawless in this regard. But the funny thing is, a less advanced engine like ignite has far less problems in this area compared to something that should be more progressive 10 years into the future such as Frostbite/Hyper motion where the basics of modelling/animations have somehow regressed so severely that the issues are so frequent.

Thank you everybody.
For a moment I thought it was something strange with my rig (like the crowd disappearing in FIFA 14!) because I swear I don't remember having seen it previously. Now I feel relieved from one point of view, but I know I can't "unsee" that thing anymore, from the other.
Well, like it always happens it's time for a balance and I must admit that the pros of FIFA 16 still highly outnumber and outweigh the cons.

Hello there, i am planning to play FIFA 16 Patch with Classic Patch and want to use FIFA World Cup 1994 as a way to make recreate cup and see how it will go. Also, another one problem is how when i started FIFA 16 and enter at menu mode, it always get crushed. How can i fix this?

Decided after playing so much version 1.00 Fifa 16 on my PS4 to try and play it on my computer (1.07 version because …) and I can’t believe how much I regret not buying this game on PC, even with 1.07, this game plays incredibly, and with just a couple mods, oh my word. Wish it was 1.00 but still so much fun, just what happened to fifa man :(

to be honest fifa 16 is so overrated. there're other fifa games that have better gameplay and graphics totally.
but i've an argument about why fifa 16 is so popular. because fifa 16 was the only game which has not cracked between other fifa series for long time.

what is hard to reach is valuable

to be honest fifa 16 is so overrated. there're other fifa games that have better gameplay and graphics totally.
but i've an argument about why fifa 16 is so popular. because fifa 16 was the only game which has not cracked between other fifa series for long time.

what is hard to reach is valuable
Since you have a lot of experience with FIFA games, I'm asking out of curiosity. Which FIFA do you think has better gameplay than FIFA 16? and which fifa is best for you in general?? As for the graphics, it looks good for an 8-year-old game. For me, better than FC 24. However, I like the graphics in FIFA 19 the most.
The argument that 16 is overrated due to the fact that it hasn't been cracked for a long time doesn't make sense to me. With such a selection of games from the series, it must have something that keeps many people playing it for years, many people come back to it and new mods are created all the time.

Since you have a lot of experience with FIFA games, I'm asking out of curiosity. Which FIFA do you think has better gameplay than FIFA 16? and which fifa is best for you in general?? As for the graphics, it looks good for an 8-year-old game. For me, better than FC 24. However, I like the graphics in FIFA 19 the most.
The argument that 16 is overrated due to the fact that it hasn't been cracked for a long time doesn't make sense to me. With such a selection of games from the series, it must have something that keeps many people playing it for years, many people come back to it and new mods are created all the time.
fifa 18 is absolutely better than fifa 16. fifa 18 gives you everything that fifa 16 can.

you can feel emphasis of player's animation in fifa 16. ball tracking speed of camera is really high. while i'm playing fifa 16, i have dizzines. also there's no curve in finesse shots. ball physics of shootings are really weird. while i'm defending, my player's ai that i don't control is not smart especially in midfield. i don't know how many times i found kante in beside striker with leicester.

fifa 18 is absolutely better than fifa 16. fifa 18 gives you everything that fifa 16 can.

you can feel emphasis of player's animation in fifa 16. ball tracking speed of camera is really high. while i'm playing fifa 16, i have dizzines. also there's no curve in finesse shots. ball physics of shootings are really weird. while i'm defending, my player's ai that i don't control is not smart especially in midfield. i don't know how many times i found kante in beside striker with leicester.
You surprised me a bit. 18 was a bit forgotten and this is one of the editions in which I only played a few demo matches. I'll have to check it out more, thanks :)
But isn't 18 more box to box with less of a midfield battle??

Last edited:
You surprised me a bit. 18 was a bit forgotten and this is one of the editions in which I only played a few demo matches. I'll have to check it out more, thanks :)
But isn't 18 more box to box with less of a midfield battle??
Personally, I loved 18 until I realised that the AI would turn into a perfect ping-pong tiki-taka passing machine when it needed a goal, which I don't see in 16.

That's not to say it isn't a great game - we all have personal bugbears (that other people may not even notice).

I did a World Cup in 18 (great to be able to play a licensed competition), and was really enjoying it in the group stages - but as soon as I played a better team than mine, the AI went from fairly human to doing physically impossible no-touch no-look passing when it needed to score.

I can't remember which difficulty level that was, but it was one of those situations where going down a level made the AI completely passive, and going up a level turned them into alien beings. With 16 it never feels like that to me - just my experience.

I actually loved FIFA 19 for a long time - see this YouTube playlist of my personal favourite moments - but eventually, especially after the gameplay updates it received, couldn't deal with how fast it was (with very little midfield and few physical battles).

But 19 was the last time I scored a goal in FIFA/FC that made me celebrate like I did for every goal I scored in PES:

Last edited:
Personally, I loved 18 until I realised that the AI would turn into a perfect ping-pong tiki-taka passing machine when it needed a goal, which I don't see in 16.

I actually loved FIFA 19 for a long time - see this YouTube playlist of my personal favourite moments - but eventually, especially after the gameplay updates it received, couldn't deal with how fast it was (with very little midfield and few physical battles).
In 16 it also occurs, only in a slightly different way. I noticed that there are matches that cannot be won. Maybe cpu doesn't play tiki taka, but he is super strong in defense and sooner or later he will find a way to win 1-0. I feel that I am helpless in such matches because the CPU is very aggressive in receiving and the game takes control of my key passes or the goalkeeper defends everything. This happens to me often in the last few games of the season, mainly against teams at the bottom of the table. I'm playing the 8th season of my career and I haven't managed to win the league yet, even though 2-3 times with a few rounds to the end I was 6-7 points ahead and had seemingly easy opponents.

You're right about FIFA 19. It's a great game, I like the graphics, animations and it's fun to play, but it's focused on a box-to-box game. There is much less physical battle and playing football in the middle of the pitch, which is why I love FIFA 16.

I love to see the differences in comments from page 1, like... "fuck EA, FIFA 16 has to fix so many things, OMG, they didn't fix anything is shit" to nowadays comments that are like "FIFA 16 is the best thing that happened to football games". Makes me see how badly the saga has aged within the years, and how we used to be much more exigent with FIFA, and now we only ask FIFA for taking the skating away and reintroduce proper defenders. Played the other day 10 minutes of FIFA 17 (which I think it was way worse than FIFA 16) and I was astonished how a game made YEARS ago, can be so much better than nowadays game.

Man, if they only made players walk again when they have to, instead of moving hyperfast and skating 2 meters each time you touch the stick... FIFA/EA FC would be so much better. Not at the level of modded PES 2021, not even close, since is starting to be best football game ever (we still need to work more in the defence positioning and marking), but it would be at least playable.

@Hels The Ronin sad but true. In 2016 I thought that in 8-10 years football games would look like Rush Football 2. The reality turned out to be a bit different...
Yeah, well... Closest thing you've got to that is modded PES 2021. I am working on my own mod geared towards full realism. It still has a lot of improvement to do, but at least I am not playing roller skating football, like with EA FC.

You know what really grinds my gears? That even if I can work out the playability in pitch, I can't put all the improvements that FIFA career has. FIFA career, even without too many things, is way deeper than PES, specially player career, while BAL is just bullshit. And I mean it. In FIFA you get a good score just by distributing the ball, doing good passes, attempting on goal... In PES you've got to score or assist to get a good score. It is annoying, there's a lot of extra aspects of football that loose themselves in the process and at the end, you've got nothing to compensate for your ball losses, that you're going to have, ofc, since that's a normal aspect of the game that is going to happen like it or not.

Yeah, well... Closest thing you've got to that is modded PES 2021.
I played modded pes20/21 for over 4 years and loved the games. Until I finally got bored.Mainly due to the uninteresting career mode and the horrible regen system. Looking for something new, I started playing FIFA 16. After a month, I launched PES again and played a few matches and then went back to FIFA 16. The gameplay in PES, although in many aspects better than FIFA 16, turned out to be... I don't know... empty?

I played modded pes20/21 for over 4 years and loved the games. Until I finally got bored.Mainly due to the uninteresting career mode and the horrible regen system. Looking for something new, I started playing FIFA 16. After a month, I launched PES again and played a few matches and then went back to FIFA 16. The gameplay in PES, although in many aspects better than FIFA 16, turned out to be... I don't know... empty?
I can feel you. FIFA 16 feels a bit more dynamic, but all that can be changed. I need to work better on marks and player movement on the pitch but I think that if modded correctly, PES 2021 can feel dynamic aswell. But it is true that career mode and regen system is HORRIBLE. Such a pity cause on the rest, movements in modded PES 2021 feels way better than any other game I've tried.

But yeah, I can relate somehow what you mean, and that's why I aim to make it more realistic and much more dynamic. Will take a time, though, I guess.

I will answer you instead of him. Probably FIFA 12 to 14 could arguably be considered better than 16.

Anyways, I remember PES and FIFA between 10 and 17 to be kind of competing each other and FIFA having better gameplay in pair games (10,12,14,16) and PES on non-pair games (PES 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017) so they would alternate each other. Have in mind that I consider FIFA to have the uphand on the pair games, not that all pair games are good, neither all non-pair are bad. For example, I have a good memory of PES 2016, better than 2015, but still I consider 2015 better then that year's FIFA and opposite. FIFA 14 was not amazing, but was better than PES2014, that had a great idea and was somehow revolutionary, but also had the players feeling unresponsive and it was a buggy mes when it came out. For me FIFA 12 and 16 shine between the FIFAS, and 17 and 13 for PES. All the rest is from decent or average to meh or simply not good/functional.

If I must recognize something is that in general terms, PES has been more simulation than FIFA throughout the years, but from 2018 onwards, they leaned too much towards scripting since COM in 2016 and 2017 felt kinda easy in the most difficult settings. With 2018 it came absurd precission by the AI when they needed to score, ping pong passing and a lot of things more. On the other side, FIFA 12 to 17 had a decent player movement and not so much skating, were fun and needed you to move the ball around, no crazy skills shit. You still could do a lot of crazy stuff but needed quite much the space for it.

Those where actually the good ol' years, when animation and speed in FIFA were not detached one from the other and completely broken. 😂

FIFA 16 and FIFA 19....Nothing else...

Add next gen ball physics to FIFA 16 and make the celebrations like in FIFA 19 and i will uninstall the FIFA 19 from my PC...

I am playing both...

I quit football games since 2015 and i decided to try all the football titles i didnt play these 9 years...

FIFA 16, FIFA 19 and PES 2017 are the best...

Back
Top Bottom