FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Glad to hear it's working for you! I am downloading FIP patch right now, as I was having your same issue. I will also try @Anth James' suggestion as a backup option. :TU:

In order to slow the game down, why don't you use cheat engine with speedhack? Works great for game speed adjustments.

View attachment 230523
Do I need to have the EA App in offline mode to use CheatEngine? Last thing I want to do is get banned and I'm a worrier lol

I was also always using "option A", but will try "option B" for sure! I totally forgot that it was available since my cheat engine was all set up for the first option. Great to remember that we also have this gameplay available.

This would be really awesome, especially if angle can be changed. One of the major aspects where I think FIFA can be improved is to adjust the angle of the cameras! Broadcast camera is cool but sometimes I feel like it is too angled and makes passing (and especially shooting) a bit difficult. If a way can be found to adjust angle in all cameras, that way an intermediate between TV camera and Broadcast angle can be found, that would be really ace. Really following this as well @DevPlays! :TU:

I’m in on that less angled broadcast cam! Spot on detail!
something in between default and broadcast maybe…

On the same boat guys. Would love something like angled Wide on PES5/6 or that new one from latest FIFA's. Less-angled zoomed-out broadcast if you want.

Reinstalled on my PC with the FIP patch. One thing I've noticed is the the Player Name bar on the match screen lags, doesn't change with the player select and is a few seconds behind. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: Sorted, it was something in my graphics settings

Last edited:
I just wish there was a way to increase chances as I like to only play 8 mins halves(due to my schedule). I have had 5 0-0 in a row with the 6th match being 1-0.

I just wish there was a way to increase chances as I like to only play 8 mins halves(due to my schedule). I have had 5 0-0 in a row with the 6th match being 1-0.
Im playing 2x8 min too… all close results too. Not like 5 times 0:0 in a row but low scores. Not that I’m missing chances on goal, it’s just low scores. Shots are like 10-20 with chances on goal being around 5-10… roughly estimated. I’m good with low results as long as I see a 4:2, 3:1 or getting my ass kicked in between.

Im playing 2x8 min too… all close results too. Not like 5 times 0:0 in a row but low scores. Not that I’m missing chances on goal, it’s just low scores. Shots are like 10-20 with chances on goal being around 5-10… roughly estimated. I’m good with low results as long as I see a 4:2, 3:1 or getting my ass kicked in between.
I ended up lowering gk ability to 35 and i get good amount of scores now. However whenever I play against a bad team, all they do is pass the ball in the back and never move forward so it's impossible to get the ball out of them. I might have to switch to legacy defending to get the ball from bad teams.

I ended up lowering gk ability to 35 and i get good amount of scores now. However whenever I play against a bad team, all they do is pass the ball in the back and never move forward so it's impossible to get the ball out of them. I might have to switch to legacy defending to get the ball from bad teams.
Good, if that serves your better experience.
For me it’s part of the game (and works well here) to trying to push back the opponent into its own half. Leaving no way for them to pass the ball safely. To a degree… sometimes they make their way outa their, sometimes they smash the ball wide blindly and sometimes I can pick the ball of their feet. I like it that way.

Im playing 2x8 min too… all close results too. Not like 5 times 0:0 in a row but low scores. Not that I’m missing chances on goal, it’s just low scores. Shots are like 10-20 with chances on goal being around 5-10…
Do you mean 10-20 shots per team? In 8 minute halves? If so, this is impressive. Are you using sliders/mods?

I've also noticed a bit low shot totals in FIFA 16. Ideally, I'd like 10 minute halves with 10-15 shots per team. I tinkered with marking, lowered it to 40 so that defenses are a bit less tight and perhaps in this way there will be more chances. The only way I am getting realistic shot totals is when I play 15 minute halves, which is a bit long for my taste..

Do you mean 10-20 shots per team? In 8 minute halves? If so, this is impressive. Are you using sliders/mods?

I've also noticed a bit low shot totals in FIFA 16. Ideally, I'd like 10 minute halves with 10-15 shots per team. I tinkered with marking, lowered it to 40 so that defenses are a bit less tight and perhaps in this way there will be more chances. The only way I am getting realistic shot totals is when I play 15 minute halves, which is a bit long for my taste..
Yes. 16 min matches! 8min halves!
im having an extra look next time I play.

im using Anth speed hack version B on 1.00 plus .75 wider broadcast cam, no slider changes, prof. difficulty, fuma.

Last edited:
Yes. 16 min matches! 8min halves!
im having an extra look next time I play.

im using Anth speed hack on 1.00 plus .75 wider broadcast cam, no slider changes, fuma.
Cool. Those shot totals are pretty intriguing.. :) In anycase, I will try @Anth James' Version 2 Ball Physics shortly, with legendary, assisted passing, 10 minute halves. :TU:

Last edited:
1692765779600.png

Just played with Anth's Ball Physics version B, normal speed, legendary, 10 minute halves! Here are the match statistics. (Two of the strongest South American teams, Libertadores 2019 finalists). :TU:

One thing I did notice: I played as Flamengo, it is the first time that the CPU outshoots me, 12-8! Interesting statistic there! I also felt that the ball was much more zippy, the passes seemed a bit faster and the tempo of the game was more frenetic! I think I might stick with @Anth James' version B for the time being! I still believe that 15 minute halves might present the most realistic shot totals though!

Guys, is there a way to bump up draw distance in PC version? I see a beautiful grass on some distance and then an ugly carpet. For example in penalty cam.

Guys, is there a way to bump up draw distance in PC version? I see a beautiful grass on some distance and then an ugly carpet. For example in penalty cam.
Anisotropic filtering, a.k.a. texture filtering, is the answer. You have to either tweak it in the graphics card control panel (it may or may not work properly, depending on the game function) or tweak it in the LOD settings. Set it on 16x!

Hi, if anyone knows how to answer me please, I downloaded the files from these 2 links below posted here, I made a backup of the current version and put the downloaded ones, I regenerated but the game does not start, looking through application monitoring, it's like the EXE opens and closes quickly, he error is only with version 1.00

I also tested with version 1.01 and it worked

What could be happening?

https://mega.nz/file/UVZA3SYD#-aisaacmJoCKxVSawIoYSvrVbomrRxC__k-gOGwOQu8

https://mega.nz/file/pYBhkITZ#QlNHzrsobobCai7vrqoLv8DmM2_5xhaG39XlidvGZtc

Can someone reup these please. Second link isn't working

View attachment 230807

Just played with Anth's Ball Physics version B, normal speed, legendary, 10 minute halves! Here are the match statistics. (Two of the strongest South American teams, Libertadores 2019 finalists). :TU:

One thing I did notice: I played as Flamengo, it is the first time that the CPU outshoots me, 12-8! Interesting statistic there! I also felt that the ball was much more zippy, the passes seemed a bit faster and the tempo of the game was more frenetic! I think I might stick with @Anth James' version B for the time being! I still believe that 15 minute halves might present the most realistic shot totals though!

I feel @Anth James 's Ball Physics version B has been a gamechanger for me - it's so good. Slightly faster (but nothing unrealistic, maybe since I'm playing with speedhack at 0.95), but unpredictability is amazing. Some wild touches, ball is as separate entity as I can remember seeing in a football game.

The best thing for me though is that it inhibits AI's laser passing accuracy somewhat. Now it pays off to press as the opposition cannot simply out pass your press easily, sometimes they misdirect, I could swear you could feel hesitation and doubt in their play :) I decreased CPU Pass Accuracy slider to 55 and for the last two games CPU ended up with 80-low 80's pass percentage. Loving it so far.

Last edited:
I feel @Anth James 's Ball Physics version B has been a gamechanger for me - it's so good. Slightly faster (but nothing unrealistic, maybe since I'm playing with speedhack at 0.95), but unpredictability is amazing. Some wild touches, ball is as separate entity as I can't remember seeing in a football game.

The best thing for me though is that it inhibits AI's laser passing accuracy somewhat. Now it pays off to press as the opposition cannot simply out pass your press easily, sometimes they misdirect, I could swear you could feel hesitation and doubt in their play :) I decreased CPU Pass Accuracy slider to 55 and for the last two games CPU ended up with 80-low 80's pass percentage. Loving it so far.
I’ll try that 55 pass acc. What do you say @Anth James ?!

I feel @Anth James 's Ball Physics version B has been a gamechanger for me - it's so good. Slightly faster (but nothing unrealistic, maybe since I'm playing with speedhack at 0.95), but unpredictability is amazing. Some wild touches, ball is as separate entity as I can remember seeing in a football game.

This is really nice to hear and great to hear you're enjoying it! I'm definitely sticking with version B also as I feel it brings the things you've mentioned as well!

I’ll try that 55 pass acc. What do you say @Anth James ?!
Sure, go for it!

Does this actually change the half length or does it only affect stamina? I'd like to see if I can play an intermediate between 10 and 15 minutes. Thanks.

Yes it does, the number typed here will be the real number of minutes played, that's the cool thing. You can be sure of this by putting in 45 minute halves and then playing a 2 hour long game, ha! Stamina is only affected by the difference between this number and your in game setting in the menu. For example if you keep the number 12 in the ini, and in-game you select 10 minute halves, you will get 2 extra minutes of stamina depletion which is the ideal for me. If you select 15 minute halves you will get the opposite effect: *less* stamina depletion. Select 6 minute halves and every player will be calling for an ambulance by half time.

Last edited:
Yes it does, the number typed here will be the real number of minutes played, that's the cool thing. You can be sure of this by putting in 45 minute halves and then playing a 2 hour long game, ha! Stamina is only affected by the difference between this number and your in game setting in the menu. For example if you keep the number 12 in the ini, and in-game you select 10 minute halves, you will get 2 extra minutes of stamina depletion which is the ideal for me. If you select 15 minute halves you will get the opposite effect: *less* stamina depletion. Select 6 minute halves and every player will be calling for an ambulance by half time.
Thanks a lot for this tip. I'll probably settle for 11-13 minutes. 15 minutes is a bit too long for me, but I'd like a bit more shot attempts so this intermediate works well for me.

Just to recap, the cl.ini file should be edited like this, adding the following lines.

HALF_LENGTH = 11
AI_SETTING_HALFLENGTH = 11

Or any number you'd like for half lengths. :TU:

Last edited:
hello folks. is there a way to make my modified ''teamstadiumlinks'' file overlap fip 22-23's ''teamstadiumlink''? because it's really hard work to find all the new ids and add them to the modified file

A quick question: what is according to you the best way to have multiple FIFA16 patches installed at the same time?

A quick question: what is according to you the best way to have multiple FIFA16 patches installed at the same time?
Install a clean copy of the game (I also install the updates because I'm not too fussed about using the v1.00 EXE given the launcher issues that throws up, and the amount of goodies - like Stadium Server - that don't support it).

Clone the entire folder (possibly zipping/7zipping it) and rename it "Original". Apply a patch. Clone the entire folder and rename it e.g. "23-24". Copy the cloned "Original" folder, renaming it to the original install folder name (e.g. "FIFA 16"), apply a patch and rename it (e.g. "Classic Patch"). Then just rename whichever version you want to play to the original folder name (e.g. "FIFA 16") to play.

That's my understanding at least!

Back
Top Bottom