FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Haven't conceded a single penalty like that...

Strange, I've conceded around 5-6 over the course of my season. In fact, the majority (or practically all) of the penalties I've conceded have been because of that.

Didn't EA used to release patch notes? Just take a look on what they changed. Simple.

On the PS3 it didn't download any patch this morning. Would love a patch to make the game a little, and I mean a little, more responsive.

Sometime I feel I'm playing the controler and the opponent but I'm not a fifa player so maybe I'm just bad at the game.

Spot on, Placebo. spot on. Surely you uploaded it right!?

I can't put the damn game down now. This time it's not from slider editing, it's actually PLAYING. The patch is the best thing that could've happened to the game.

Huh? I'm so confused: you said the patch had a really positive impact, humanizing the AI; Placebo says he notices no change; you say spot on!

Wtf?

Ya got people saying it's ruined the game. Ya got people saying it's great. And ya got people saying there's no change.

Huh? I'm so confused: you said the patch had a really positive impact, humanizing the AI; Placebo says he notices no change; you say spot on!

Wtf?

Ya got people saying it's ruined the game. Ya got people saying it's great. And ya got people saying there's no change.

That's because some people don't know what was wrong with it before. There were a couple of issues with positioning that was throwing EVERYTHING out of whack. EA were smart with this update. They enhanced the exact positional issues I was aware of, and was striving to get right. The added bonus was they gave players weight back when dribbling. You will feel the difference between a good dribbler and a poor dribbler, it's great. You will also know when you are playing against a weak team versus an excellent one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzfFSEKcDOI

Loving this year's version, I'd agree and put it up there with the best football games I've ever played. So hard to compare to games like SWOS now as technology has given us so much more (though I guess you had to fill in the blanks with your imagination with older games which had its own charm).

Anyways this is the best modern football game since pes 5/6 hands down.

Anybody play clubs seriously? Been playing drop in sessions but you usually get some dick wanting to run the keeper out. Used to have great sessions online with bitter rivals, pughy, Tim etc back in the day.

In FIFA 16 it is more apparent than ever that the CPU regardless of team passes and keeps possession ridiculously. Barcelona on steroids

I can't comment on if the patch has fixed this or not since I haven't tried it yet but DO agree with this statement PRE-patch based on my experience.

I've played 4th division (English League 2) games between the likes Accrington Stanley vs. Yoevil as well as 2nd Bundesliga as well as top notch teams like Champions League contenders and also South American clubs, so all kinds of teams frmo all over the world.

And while there IS a decent amount of individuality between the players, All computer-controlled teams are TOO PATIENT in their buildup play. Sure, some clubs should have that mentality but not all. Some teams especially in lower leagues SHOULD be playing long balls and playing more direct football.

So far every team I've played against regardless of division or tactics really likes to pass short from the back and even use its goalie to maintain possession. I'm okay with some teams doing that but it's unrealistic to see them all do short passes patiently from the back.

Other than that this one issue, I think FIFA16 is the best football game ever! I hope the patch has helped this regard as some have mentioned they are now seeing more long balls to target men like Giroud and AI playing a bit more direct.

Keep in mind I only play offline and this is on World Class with default sliders.

I'm referring solely to the speed of the game :)

AI is very human, it's wonderful :)

Oh, you notice a difference in the AI post patch?

'Cause I'd be pretty ecstatic if they'd just improve that one aspect. I feel like I'm playing against a stat boosted machine that knows my every move at the moment. I understand the irony, since that basically what we are playing against, but shit this feels like some Terminator-, Matrix-level AI we're playing against sometimes. It's so humbling I can't help but feel like EA programmed it this way just to make me feel bad about myself!

Last edited:

'Cause I'd be pretty ecstatic if they'd just improve that one aspect. I feel like I'm playing against a stat boosted machine that knows my every move at the moment. I understand the irony, since that basically what we are playing against, but shit this feels like some Terminator-, Matrix-level AI we're playing against sometimes. It's so humbling I can't help but feel like EA programmed it this way just to make me feel bad about myself!

I'm in my second season as Benfica, I've currently played 4 games; lost one, won three. I just smashed Sheffield Wednesday in a two leg Europa Qualifier, 4-1 on aggregate. Legendary difficulty.

I've not played a single ame I thought I was incapable of winning.

Not having the problems you're having, but I'm still having fun on professional in the Championship for now :)

I'm in my second season as Benfica, I've currently played 4 games; lost one, won three. I just smashed Sheffield Wednesday in a two leg Europa Qualifier, 4-1 on aggregate. Legendary difficulty.

Eh? How the hell did Wednesday get into a Europa League qualifier? Nice! Must have won a cup in your first season :)

Fifa16 has replicated the debatable penalty issues perfectly. It's like the players are waiting to get touched in the penalty area and the go down. I think it's perfect because you will think that you never committed a foul and feel gutted that the penalty has been awarded and also elated when you get one. Also the collision system is better as any touch before would result in being penalised. Good job EA.

Well I guess you're better than me, but I think you're missing my point. It's not about just winning. I can win on Legendary usually 30-40% of the time. It's about the gameplay.

For example, I just played a match on Professional. I destroyed the CPU, 4-0. The CPU had 3 shots, none on goal. That said, they still had 55% possession, with lots of stuff in their own half. In fact, they rarely got far into my half without me dispossessing them.

On Legendary meanwhile, while I win my fair share of matches, the CPU pretty much always wins the possession battles, usually always has higher pass acc, and usually has more tackles.

So let me ask you this: how many matches have you played against the CPU on Legendary where you not only win convincing, but dominate in all phases of the game? Where you dominate possession, pass acc, and tackles?

And I'm talking without any sliders.

For what it's worth, I don't mind Legendary being crazy hard for me. It's good to have something to work toward. But World Class is a crazy leap up from Professional, which is way too easy for me.

So let me ask you this: how many matches have you played against the CPU on Legendary where you not only win convincing, but dominate in all phases of the game? Where you dominate possession, pass acc, and tackles?

I have been using sliders since the beginning so I can't really comment on that, but with this current setup I play quite a few games that I feel I dominate. Very rarely have I had more possession and pass accuracy, but I feel these statistics aren't always truly reflective of the game because my opponents will often build from the back. My possession will be much more progressive and thus the overall feel of the match is that I am getting the better of it. Don't get me wrong, we should definitely cite the things EA can improve on, but I find legendary with sliders to be as balanced as anything I've ever played. We should always look for more though. FIFA 16 could benefit with some adjustments to CPU AI.

Last edited:
I have been using sliders since the beginning so I can't really comment on that, but with this current setup I play quite a few games that I feel I dominate. Very rarely have I had more possession and pass accuracy, but I feel these statistics aren't always truly reflective of the game because my opponents will often build from the back. My possession will be much more progressive and thus the overall feel of the match is that I am getting the better of it. Don't get me wrong, we should definitely cite the things EA can improve on, but I find legendary with sliders to be as balanced as anything I've ever played. We should always look for more though. FIFA 16 could benefit with some adjustments to CPU AI.

If you're using sliders then we're talking about different games. What I've been speaking about is how the game plays at default.

Is the patch not out yet for PS4? It says I have latest update but latest one was from Sept 19th!

I never play without adjusted sliders personally ;)

I'm all for sliders, and I'll probably use em at some point. But man sliders make the game confusing to talk about 'cause it can make the experience so different. That's why I just talk about the default game.

And you never answered the question - you notice any AI difference with the patch?

So they might have fucked it, aye? Currently waiting on the Konami patch that fucks that as well. Options.

mfmaxpower I think this is what you're looking for:

Doctor+ Productions 16 Special Mods

• PLAY AMAZING BEAUTIFUL SOCCER MATCHES! PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL! REALLY!
    THIS IS A TOTALLY NEW AND REALISTIC SOCCER SIMULATION GAME!

DETAILS/NEW TWEAKS:
    - ONLY BIG TEAMS AND PLAYERS ARE STRONG (but in the realistic way)
    - WEAK TEAMS AND PLAYERS ARE WEAK
    - REALISTIC PLAYERS TRAITS EFFECT
    - REALISTIC BALL HEAVINESS
    - REALISTIC PLAYER'S HEAVINESS
    - REALISTIC PLAYERS MOVEMENTS AND REACTIONS
    - REALISTIC PLAYERS INERTIA SYSTEM
    - REALISTIC BALL DEFLECTION
    - ALMOST INFINITE NEW BALL SHOT TRAJECTORIES (are now generated in the gameplay)
    - NEW GAMEPLAY SITUATIONS ARE NOW GENERATED IN THE MATCH
    - REALISTIC AIR FLOW SYSTEM (affect also ball trajectories during pass, shot)
    - REALISTIC PRESSURE SYSTEM
    - REALISTIC PLAYERS COLLISION SYSTEM
    - REALISTIC BALL FRICTION
    - REALISTIC BALL BOUNCE
    - NEW PLAYERS TUMBLE ANIMATIONS
    - REALISTIC CPUAI DIFFICULTY SKILLS (only good players are big in the match)
    - DISABLED ALL CPUAI CHEATS AND BOOSTS
    - REALISTIC DRIBBLE BEAT SYSTEM
    - IMPROVED TOUCH CONTEXT FOR TRAP AND BATTLE FOR POSSESSION
    - ENABLED USE NO TOUCH SMALL FEINT (for you and CPUAI)
    - ENABLED MANUAL STRAFE TRAP
    - REALISTIC BALL FOOT FIRST TOUNCH EFFECT (you can easy dribble or beat a defender only with the right first touch)
    - REALISTIC CPUAI PLAYERS WRONG MOMENTUM BEHAVIOR (it affect everything connected to gameplay, like pass, shot, dribble, tackle, positioning, etc.)
    - REALISTIC CPUAI GKs WRONG MOMENTUM BEHAVIOR
    - REALISTIC BODY TENSION AND BODY BALANCE
    - MOVEMENT AND BALL PREDICTION CHEATS DISABLED
    - REALISTIC FIRST & GLOBAL BALL TOUCH
    - REALISTIC PLAYER'S ANTICIPATION SYSTEM
    - REALISTIC GLOBAL PLAYER'S ACCEL/SPEED (proportional to player's stats)
    - REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SOCCER MATCH SITUATIONS
    - REALISTIC FOULS BEHAVIOR AND AGGRESSION SYSTEM (realistic cpuai assassin fouls)
    - REALISTIC PASSING SYSTEM
    - UNLOCKED EXTRA MATCH GAMEPLAY ASSERTS
    - UNLOCKED ALL UCC
    - REVAMPED BALL AND PLAYERS PHYSICS
    - INCREASED CPUAI DEFENDER'S BAD POSITIONING
    - INCREASED CPUAI LONG BALLS AND PASSES
    - ADVANCED GP TEAMS TACTICS PASSING SYSTEM BEHAVIOR
    - REALISTIC REFEREE DECISIONS
    - DIFFERENT, INTELLIGENT AND REALISTIC PLAYERS BEHAVIOR IN THE PITCH
    - NEW GAMEPLAY SITUATIONS ARE NOW GENERATED IN THE MATCH
    - REVAMPED FRICTION ON GROUND FOR BALL AND PLAYERS
    - INCREASED CPUAI GLOBAL POSSESSION AND BACK TOUCHES PASS (AT THE GK TOO)
    - DECREASED PLAYER'S AGILITY AND BALL CONTROL
    - INCREASED CPUAI SHOT ERROR (all shot types, anyway take care at stars players with specific traits in the pitch)
    - REALISTIC PLAYER'S FOOT BALANCE (it affect ball control, pass, shot, dribble, tackle and reaction)
    - MANY OTHER GLOBAL GP ADJUSTMENTS, IMPROVEMENTS AND TWEAKS
    - SPECIAL AND UNIQUE GAMEPLAY DATABASE
    - REALISTIC PLAYERS ATTRIBUTES
    - REALISTIC TEAMS CUSTOM TACTICS
    - INCLUDE LATEST OFFICIAL SQUADS UPDATES

Haven't tried it yet so no idea if it's "snake oil" but this guy really knows how to sell his mods I gotta give him that! :)

For what it's worth, I don't mind Legendary being crazy hard for me. It's good to have something to work toward. But World Class is a crazy leap up from Professional, which is way too easy for me.

Yes, always the problem for me with this game (and PES too, actually). There seems to be an ideal, missing difficulty level between Professional and World Class (or Pro and Top-Player). The former being too easy to dominate/too comfortable and the next level up just too crazy hard, unrealistic, scripted and exhausting.

It's not that I can't hold up on World Class/Top Player. It's just that it is then not so much about fighting the computer on football terms anymore but rather on the idiosyncracies of a game.

I don't get that WC and LEG difficulties are that hard, sure they can be challenging but they are fair . As Bolton sitting 5th in the table. I have had some decent wins on WC mode and also had some spankings. I've toyed between full manual as that is all I used to play but now switched passing and shooting to semi as it's more realistic with the new physics

Claim to fame so far is knocking Man City out of the cup first round. I had to park the bus and only had two shots on target but won on pens ..class

I don't get that WC and LEG difficulties are that hard, sure they can be challenging but they are fair . As Bolton sitting 5th in the table. I have had some decent wins on WC mode and also had some spankings. I've toyed between full manual as that is all I used to play but now switched passing and shooting to semi as it's more realistic with the new physics

Claim to fame so far is knocking Man City out of the cup first round. I had to park the bus and only had two shots on target but won on pens ..class

Are you using sliders or speaking about default?

Back
Top Bottom