FIFA 13

Don't think celebrity fan types are doing the game any favours at all, in fact they are just exploiting the game to the point of making the AI look poor, EA should be more selective of what is released.

It's just one-two then through ball, thought 12 had a better handle on that, chipped through ball looks way overpowered too, saying that I rarely do these street fighter style combination tricks so hopefully I will get more out of it.

Pro footballers used to love PES but now all have left it for Fifa.

I remember Darren Bent saying that for years Pes was the choice of pros but since about pes08 it's no longer any good.

Defenders are standing 10 meters away when the forwards receive the ball! Sigh.

Edit: Anyone here plays manual on PC? I am not going to buy this game on the 360 when it costs like 4 times the price I pay for PC and plays like shit.

I play PC on manual, but I don't normally play online that much due to everyone either always being Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man City so I can't be arsed unless I play people I know as they will play a game of Exeter against Sheff Wed.

But unfortunetly everyone plays to win and not to have fun.

i think if someone is playing manual then they are playing for fun 9/10 times. just because they dont play as the chesire rovers doesnt mean otherwise

i play full manual but usually use chelsea since i support them and like to use their players, same with all top teams, you know the players and want to play to their style

Some people are forgetting, that games are bound to be relaxation method. If game is frustrating after frustrating working day... You can damage your console or PC.

Sorry, the elite feeling some people here give manual players, look foolish :D.

I know manual players who are not worse than assisted guys. It takes hell lot of commitment to learn the bloody thing though. They know exactly how to move their sticks in pin point precision (believe me, you don't notice the movement, but it's there O_O).

Plus they are not playing on default controllers... Most of them are heavily modded.

I wouldn't go such to such lengths for footy game... But those are maniacs.

I tend to play on assisted/semi-assisted. For the fun of it. ;)

i don't think manual takes any more practice than assisted.

i think the most difficult thing from going from assisted to manual is the transition in the way you play.

it is like going from pes to fifa, or fifa to pes

i believe if you like to play a possession game then manual is the way to be. i get much more pleasure keeping the ball and working towards the goal and nearly scoring than actually going straight up the field and scoring

i would say that is a much bigger part of football than just winning. winning comes at a bonus for me.

i was like that from pes days and continue this way on fifa now.

although i would of been fully assisted on pes back then as i would not of known the difference but keeping the ball and playing sidewides and backwords before working the ball forwards still stood.

The thing that makes manual my prefered way of playing is the fact that you can deliver exactly the kind of ball you want. It's invaluable and very rewarding. I'd rather have that over consistent 100% precision in shooting and passing.

I think once you have played manual and get used to it, then assisted is just too easy and you just don't get any feeling of accomplishment using it. You can tap anywhere and the ball will go to a player and shoot in the general direction and it will be on target etc

If that makes people feel like manual players are being superior then that's up to them.

Maybe manual players do have a superiority complex, but only in the same manner as an assisted player playing on the highest difficulty has to an assisted player playing on the lowest. So when you see a replay of a goal scored by a assisted person on the lowest level, you pay it no real respect, because it is very easy to score....they same goes for Manual players opinions on Assisted, because it is just so easy to manouvre and score on assisted.

I don't feel superior, I just don't want to play assisted players and I wish more players played on manual.

i think manual opens the game up as you can pass anywhere into space if you wish..also there is not a better gaming experience as playing a killer ball through rounding the keeper then using manual pass to roll it over the line from an acute angle..something you simply can not do using semi or assisted as it will always look for the nearest team mate

Can you EVER see a point where there is ANY resistance to passing in the midfield. Only possible to lose the ball in the final 3rd.

Which is why it ends up like basketball.

The amount of times you see one pass to the striker - tackle - one pass to the other teams striker... - tackle - repeat...

Day one i am getting 2 DM's and man marking both strikers....
*like*

manual is about getting practicing getting better with your hands

assisted is about practicing getting better at how to exploit the game

Cant agree on that. Imo, manual is about freedom, or at least close to that. The feeling you putting the ball where you want. Yet the game isnt totally manual, in various aspects. But, manual or assisted, everyone exploit the game. Actually, 90% of manual players use longballs instead ground passes to "build" up their game, as it is a lot easier to pull out & consequently win games. Manual players skip midfield in the same way as assisted do. In fact, many manual players just play manual to have the superiority they cant have playing assisted. From my experience, manual & assisted does not distinguish a players creativity, football vision, or the ability to read the game.

From my experience, manual & assisted does not distinguish a players creativity, football vision, or the ability to read the game.

of course not. you still need to be a good player regardless

its a video game, some things will be more effective then other things, even on manual. the difference is you still need skill with your hands on manual, long balls may be overpowered in fifa 12 but still when they get it to their striker they will have to do something difficult with the ball to score.

assisted isnt like that, its just exploited the weaknesses of the game constantly. a lot of 'faults' of each game arent actually faults, like 1-2s or lob through balls or finesse shots - they are all problems of high assistence.

the point is with assisted you are learning patterns of the game and not relying on actual user skill. with manual there are no patterns as everything is in your hands to mess up.

I couldn't agree less! The defensive AI in WC was the same as in FIFA 10, which was broken and made defending a total clusterf---. I really didn't like 10 or the World Cup game for this reason.

If you watch a video from wc 2010 and fifa 13 you'll easily notice that the AI is way much better in wc, even the defensive AI. In fifa 13 the potition of defenders and DMC's is wrong.

Take a look at this video and try to compare it with fifa 13. Check the AI and the built-up play of the CPU.

YouTube - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Portugal v Ivory Coast Semi Final

I play PC on manual, but I don't normally play online that much due to everyone either always being Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man City so I can't be arsed unless I play people I know as they will play a game of Exeter against Sheff Wed.

Sadly! What's your origin ID anyway?

If you watch a video from wc 2010 and fifa 13 you'll easily notice that the AI is way much better in wc, even the defensive AI. In fifa 13 the potition of defenders and DMC's is wrong.

Take a look at this video and try to compare it with fifa 13. Check the AI and the built-up play of the CPU.

YouTube - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa Portugal v Ivory Coast Semi Final
The defensive line in FIFA10 & WC was a mess, even more than it is now. This screenshot is my overriding memory of defensive positioning in the World Cup game.

SzvwE.jpg

Italian defenders all over the place, no shape at all. Fullbacks sagging into their own penalty area. Marking not tightening up around the penalty area.

EA then made a preview video of the changes they'd made for FIFA 11 off the back of the feedback they'd received from 10/WC, about how bad the marking and positioning was:

YouTube - FIFA 11 Defensive AI - www.fifabenelux.com

It's miles away from perfect now, still, but it's not quite the mess it was back then. A lot of people for some reason didn't seem to notice or mind, but it ruined 10/WC for me.

The only part of 10/WC's defending I'd rather have now is some of the extra pressure that the AI used to put on the ball in midfield.

mate i'll give you a game , love playing with all teams....hardly play as the big teams

I have two questions:

1 - its possible to chance formations in real time without kinect? It will be present in pc version?

2 - there are diference in movement off the ball depending the players you choose or the movement off the ball is determinated only according to position And arrows you choose?
For example: if i replace dzeko for tevez kepping the same position And same arrows, the movement of the ball will be diferent because of the players or it will be the same?
In resume, iwant to know if in fifa, attributes are relevant in movement off the ball or not...

Somebody can help? :FAIL:

Off the ball movement does have an attribute called 'Attacking position' or something like that.

Hence players with high attributes there (strikers usually) make the BEST runs off the ball and overlap nicely or on shoulder of defender, time their runs better so they don't get called off-side etc.

So yes, Dzeko and Tevez will move differently even if they have same 'arrows' and tactical settings just because they have difference tendencies and likely different attributes.

Guys how do I download FIFA 13 demo while in work?

Do I login to xbox live online and add it to download queue?

But what about the xbox. Does it just need turning on for it to start downloading?

Guys how do I download FIFA 13 demo while in work?

Do I login to xbox live online and add it to download queue?

But what about the xbox. Does it just need turning on for it to start downloading?

Settings > System > Console Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Background downloads Turn on

Edited to update to newer settings as I copied and pasted from the web :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom