FIFA 13

so far pes 2013 demo is kicking fifa's ass!! fuck yeaaah!! :D

PES kicks Fifa's ass every year until people have tried PES...

+1 ..will try tonight when PC demo is out..it was obviously going to be better than 12 as that was a bag of shit

Not even close...Fifa miles better for me again. I even enjoy fifa12 more after trying pes13 demo. Imagine fifa13....

Ok it's your opinion. For me FIFA is fukin borring. Everybody have different opinions.

for me, fifa 11 pc is better than pes 2011, pes 2012, pes 2013 demo and fifa 12 pc all together.

So that unnecessary PES v Fifa talk crawled in here too. It really is pointless. Really...

Please stop it and get back on-topic.

Just realised something, it's great that our players will miss matches due to international callups, that's realistic, but what's not realistic is losing more than four players and the match not being postponed.

Another concern I have, though of course minor in the overall grand scheme of things, is that not all the regional tournaments are represented (correct me if I'm wrong).

This would mean that you could avoid losing key players by prioritizing some nationals over others.

A very minor thing but was something that jumped out at me nonetheless. Am I wrong?

I've never had any use for the youth academny, since I've never been in the same club for more than 3-4 years. I like to start in Denmark with a small club, then change to bigger clubs outside the country, and eventually end up in the big leagues (usually premiere league). So i've actually never used the youth academy for anything...

I feel the same, though I also am like Placebo in that I find the youth academy a valuable feature for raising transfer funds.

But, ultimately, the issue I think has less to do with the youth academy feature and more to do with the fact that CM doesn't do a good enough job of motivating you to stay at a club for very long. Yes, the youth academy feature is rather basic and undeveloped, but the real problem IMO is that CM careers can get rather boring all too quickly.

I remember with FIFA 08's MM, I would make it sometimes 5-6 years at one club. Over the years, though, my MM/CM careers have steadily gotten shorter before I rebooted or quit altogether.

With FIFA 12, I don't think I've ever made it past 2 seasons in any one career. And when it was time for something new, I never took a new job but started all over again with a new career.

Despite certain complaints that I have, CM certainly is developing promisingly and is already far better than it was several years ago,but have they added enough to keep me engrossed for the long term? I dunno.

For me, as a game mode intended to be rather long lasting, CM does a really poor job at making me feel invested in my current career. Really hoping this year is different.

Another concern I have, though of course minor in the overall grand scheme of things, is that not all the regional tournaments are represented (correct me if I'm wrong).

This would mean that you could avoid losing key players by prioritizing some nationals over others.

A very minor thing but was something that jumped out at me nonetheless. Am I wrong?

Sure you could do this but then in real life you can do the same by not buying African players for example.

With FIFA 12, I don't think I've ever made it past 2 seasons in any one career. And when it was time for something new, I never took a new job but started all over again with a new career.

Don't you manage the team you support? I find it boring managing any team except the one I support. I guess for me it's more interesting because I have to rebuild the team, from League 1 to Championship to EPL survival to Euro qualification etc, just getting to mid level EPL is a 3 or 4 season job as minimum.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which patch I'm using at the moment, but it basically kills Acceleration, Speed and Agility down into the 30s or 40s - with those settings FIFA 12 is excellent. Annoys me that I'll have to wait for that kind of adjustment for 13, but the engine is fine.

Sure you could do this but then in real life you can do the same by not buying African players for example.

That is... an excellent point.

Don't you manage the team you support? I find it boring managing any team except the one I support. I guess for me it's more interesting because I have to rebuild the team, from League 1 to Championship to EPL survival to Euro qualification etc, just getting to mid level EPL is a 3 or 4 season job as minimum.

No, for two reasons.

1) I do not have a local team that I support and my two favorite teams are Borussia Dortmund and Man Utd. But I do not particularly enjoy playing as either team in FIFA because, since I know them so well, it drives me crazy to see how inaccurate their players, and most importantly their playstyles, are represented in FIFA.

2) I like to build from the bottom up. Playing as a top team in CM bores me.

There are a lot of us outside of Europe that don't have their leagues in FIFA.

So that unnecessary PES v Fifa talk crawled in here too. It really is pointless. Really...

Please stop it and get back on-topic.

C´mom Lami, ban these punks! :RANT:

By the way, any news on fifa 13 1 minute demo?

David Rutter won't let us down, he exactly knows where to focalize his attention. if he had had time, already Fifa 12 would have been perfect (I mean some minor adjustments). Anyway, I'm confident about Fifa 13

Now and then i play with the team i support, but mostly not.
I like to discover "new" teams. Since playing video games with teams like USC Palermo, Lille and Montpellier i have grown fond of them IRL. Every saturday or sunday i watch out for their results. I like to discover new teams.

My favourite English team is Spurs, yet i've never played a CM or ML with that team. I have fond memories of campaigns with Milwall, Sunderland, Reading and Notts County.

So....with the PES 2013 demo downloaded and played it's now over to FIFA's offering. PES 2013 is what it is IMO, and what people at Pro Evo said it would be, a more polished refined 2012. BUT - now that I've played it I'm looking forward to FIFA's helping even more. Let the battle begin.

nope, pes13 is just pes12,5 and its way not enough to challenge even fifa12 ,especially 1v1 with friends. After 5 games in pes13demo my friends(pes fanboys in the past) got bored and told me ,, lets play fifa''

I will try pes14 in next year to check how new engine works.

Last edited:
Even after countless warnings and comments, the PES vs FIFA debate rumbles on.

I'm not actually sure it even matters what gane you enjoy most.

This is the FIFA 2013 thread.

I like to discover "new" teams. Since playing video games with teams like USC Palermo, Lille and Montpellier i have grown fond of them IRL. Every saturday or sunday i watch out for their results. I like to discover new teams.

My favourite English team is Spurs, yet i've never played a CM or ML with that team. I have fond memories of campaigns with Milwall, Sunderland, Reading and Notts County.

Yes, this describes my as well - one of my favorite aspects of playing FIFA is that I'm constantly learning about new teams and players (even if they aren't always represented all too accurately!).

In fact, though i play Ultimate Team infrequently, the only reason that I do is to use it as a scouting tool for my CM careers. I enjoy building bronze and silver teams in UT, making note of players I'd like to possibly sign in CM.

Transitioning from PES to FIFA, this is one of those non-gameplay advantages that FIFA has - its vast player database - that makes it difficult to switch back for me.

i like to play as siville. they are a great spanish side

0ba2fab24b.jpg

He seems to hint that what happens in say season 12/13 will be relevant in season 14, ie if your player scores loads of Europa league goals this boosts his value for the next season, I hope I'm not reading more into it that it just changing the value and I'm hoping that some kind of simple history/record system is in place on players, it's really dumb that there's no log kept of their purchase fee then their goals/assists/cards/avg rating for each season, it's just a few bits of text.

Back
Top Bottom