FIFA 13

pretty funny, but why waste dev time on this

Undoubtedly because EA will have a commitment with MS to implement Kinect functionality in all titles, and they will have a similar commitment with Sony to implement Move functionality into all titles.

A simple control change I'd like to see is the ability to turn off the shoot button as a clearance button when in your own half. Or perhaps make it only clear when in your own goal area. I hate this control limitation, and it seems silly to force on the player.

I never use shoot for clearance I use long pass, I have it so that it powers up quickly so almost never clear it anywhere dangerous :(

You guys know what the biggest improvement will be with the introduction of international teams in CM in my opinion?

We will have ALL the players in the database at our disposal!

No more transferring international players (who don't have a club in the game) to free agents and so on.

Hmm well whilst I hope that's true you're assuming they'll be available in the free agent pool or something? Not sure that'll happen considering the whole "licensing issues" that ended a free transfer pool 3 Fifas ago :(

As trivial as it may sound, I might actually be most excited for the addition of finally being able to customize player appearances from within CM, because it now means that if one of my players is allocated one of those terrible EA-made boots, I can change them to real ones.

For me personally, this really helps with immersion, especially when playing with lower-league teams when there is a major drop-off in individuality among appearances. Now we'll be able to actually make it feel more like we're playing with a team of individuals rather than bland computer generated players.

Now if only they'd get rid of the black silhouettes!

Hmm well whilst I hope that's true you're assuming they'll be available in the free agent pool or something? Not sure that'll happen considering the whole "licensing issues" that ended a free transfer pool 3 Fifas ago :(

This would be great but I agree: I'm not sure that we should count on all those international players being accessible as free agents.

This is a growing issue, what with so many random teams around the world cherry-picking superstars, like Shanghai and teams in the Middle East, and hopefully EA can address this somehow.

In terms of CM, it really shouldn't be that hard for them to put all those players in the Free Agent pool rather than leaving it up to us to do it, right?

I'd imagine there's still a fair few snippets that we don't know about, perhaps not mentioned because to one person they're not that big a deal yet to another it could be a game changer! For example nothing was mentioned about Youth/Academy to the point some even feared it had been removed then in the Q&A not only was it confirmed it was still there but that some improvements were included :)

Well there's still suppose to be one big CM announcement yet to come, right?

My guess is it'll either have to do with the youth academy or player growth features - little has been said about either but the devs have tweeted that both have been improved.

I'm desperately hoping that the big announcement is about player growth and that it includes some form of training mechanism, but knowing my luck it'll be about the youth academy, if it's one of those two.

My guess is it's going to be youth player related considering the rumors going around, but it's still good to know that they've been working on player growth too, even if it's just refining the formula for growth. They have tweeted that player growth is "much improved," which is great to hear considering issues in the past with growth.

As trivial as it may sound, I might actually be most excited for the addition of finally being able to customize player appearances from within CM, because it now means that if one of my players is allocated one of those terrible EA-made boots, I can change them to real ones.

Those EA-made boots have had a revamp and are almost like the real thing now. ;)

I agree it is absolutely huge, first thing I do for any player I sign will be to research what boots they wear and what they look like in real life to update them, even if I've never heard of them in real life or seen them play! The worst thing is when they look nothing like their profile picture, even if that's out of date in real life it's still disconcerting to see them in game looking very different :)

I just hope it doesn't cost too much in the way of EASW XP to unlock it, I'm bring over a few hundred thousand from past Fifas so hopefully that'll be enough!

Well there's still suppose to be one big CM announcement yet to come, right?

You mean the thing FSB were told to hold back? I don't believe it's going to be a "big" thing, in the comments I asked one of the FSB guys if he could hint at what it might be and I believe (completely guessing here), it's something more along the lines of user configured Euro competitions in the first season of CM, unless you read somewhere else where it's said it's something big?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure whatever 'rumours' are flying around regarding the secret are just guesses and hunches.

From what I've gathered, the "big" announcement will be that you will have the option of turning off transfers in the first summer transfer window when you start your CM.

Starting with the squads as we will know them the 1st of september will bring even more realism to our beloved CM. :)

I think if it's that it'd be a pointless addition.CM is a virtual world so whether we wait for one season or get from the get go these virtual transfers,it's all the same.

You mean the thing FSB were told to hold back? I don't believe it's going to be a "big" thing, in the comments I asked one of the FSB guys if he could hint at what it might be and I believe (completely guessing here), it's something more along the lines of user configured Euro competitions in the first season of CM, unless you read somewhere else where it's said it's something big?

Well here's what they said at the end of the new features article:

Right at the death last night we were asked to withhold one more big piece of Career Mode news which we’ll try to bring you as soon as we can (sorry) but it does mean you have more to look forward to.

Maybe it won't actually be all that "big" but one can hope.

I'm pretty sure whatever 'rumours' are flying around regarding the secret are just guesses and hunches.

Well duh. I did say they were guesses.

Or do you know something we don't and are trying to say that neither of my guesses is correct without actually saying so?

In which case we really need to develop a secret code.

From what I've gathered, the "big" announcement will be that you will have the option of turning off transfers in the first summer transfer window when you start your CM.

Starting with the squads as we will know them the 1st of september will bring even more realism to our beloved CM. :)

I think if it's that it'd be a pointless addition.CM is a virtual world so whether we wait for one season or get from the get go these virtual transfers,it's all the same.

Disagree with the second quote.

The more realism = the better for FIFA.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fifa-soccer-13/100566

Apparently a steelbook edition too. But only gamestop for USA and Amazon for Germany have it smh........

And another one

https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-158378-FIFA-13-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360

Whats with all these different editions and pre-order boneses. Drives me crazy. Looks like we have this

Normal
Ultimate Edition
Ultimate Edition + EA Sports Football Club Points (Amazon UK)
Ultimate Edition + Adidas Team (GAME UK)
Normal + Lyon 3rd Kit (?)
Ultimate Edition + Lyon 3rd Kit (?)
Normal + Steelbook (Gamestop USA)
Ultimate Edition + Steelbook (Amazon Germany)
Ultimate Edition + Steelbook + Football + Cap + Flag + Boot Bag + Adidas Team + EA Sports Football Club Points (EB Games Australia)

Actually that was going to be my guess at the time but some stuff Tom said made me think otherwise, plus it seems a pretty pointless waste of time to invest what was probably a reasonable chunk of programming/scripting time when there's not even basic stuff like selectable friendlies (for one random suggestion), still waiting to find out if there's even more than 3 subs for friendlies...

Well duh. I did say they were guesses.

Or do you know something we don't and are trying to say that neither of my guesses is correct without actually saying so?

In which case we really need to develop a secret code.

Ecretsay odecay?

Rob Hodson has suggested paying attention to the EASPORTSFIFA twitter account today, so, perhaps the secret hasn't been held back for that long. Then again, it might be the long awaited Team of the In International Form Match UT player.

Just realised something, it's great that our players will miss matches due to international callups, that's realistic, but what's not realistic is losing more than four players and the match not being postponed.

Asked Santi on Twitter, he has his Canuck citizenship interview today so he probably has other things on his mind ;)

Noticed one cool thing though:

Adam ‏@AdamTHEgr8test will ya guys make end of seasons more interesting by bringing new stuff like player of the year, toty etc. Thx

@santiagoj83 @AdamTHEgr8test yes, we've added some awards

About time too, they were sorely missing from the last two Fifas.

Last edited:
I've never had any use for the youth academny, since I've never been in the same club for more than 3-4 years. I like to start in Denmark with a small club, then change to bigger clubs outside the country, and eventually end up in the big leagues (usually premiere league). So i've actually never used the youth academy for anything...

I've never had any use for the youth academny, since I've never been in the same club for more than 3-4 years. I like to start in Denmark with a small club, then change to bigger clubs outside the country, and eventually end up in the big leagues (usually premiere league). So i've actually never used the youth academy for anything...

I find it a great way to make some money for transfer funds :)

Again on forum.
Fifa 13? What can we expect, 12 is outstanding - I think there will be no better game, only new squads are important and maybe some small corrections.
And, yeah, changing sliders kills the game in my opinion - I never did it, I play with no change.

i am using your settings placebo and i personally think they make a huge difference, much more enjoyable game it is

Has to be said though the PES demo is the best PES I've played on next gen/current gen.

Still a long way behind Fifa for me but it was decent.

Back
Top Bottom