FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

I'm in all night. Beers plus Domino's plus Clubs. Win!!!

Played pro ranked match it was sooooo much better than 11. If clubs is the same we will kill it this year. AI players loads better and manual alot easier with the extra time.

I hate you all. I won't get to play till Monday night earliest.

Placebo, Brunnoce and rest... now it's your turn eh? Man I'm tempted too!!

Im in love with the game Sina... I was surprized how better than the demo it is, first time i actually notice that much difernce betwee demo x full game.. evan the gaphics are crisper.. game feels evan lower, specially online.. tactical defend is a god send for online games, over are the pressing fest, u actually have time to get the ball and think what to do.

Only downside to me is Everton first kit, the guy that made it must be color blind, its color is way lighter than it should be.

Anyway, taking that away im loving it.. absolutly.

BTW i got a original copy today! dont know how these guys get it, but here in brazil there are lots of plp selling it.

I predict by Monday all the flaws will have come to light, everyone will be moaning and the game will be crap.

Just like the demo.

That sounds awesome Bruno! Shame about the Everton kit!

EBgames and all the official stores here are not selling the game until actual release date as they can get in trouble apparently. But probably some chinese people in china town are... maybe I gotta make some phone calls and find a place in Toronto...

So no Arabic commentary on the version you bought there in Brazil either eh?

And what about Be a Pro exhibbition match with 2 players? Still not possible?

Last edited:
That sounds awesome Bruno! Shame about the Everton kit!

EBgames and all the official stores here are not selling the game until actual release date as they can get in trouble apparently. But probably some chinese people in china town are... maybe I gotta make some phone calls and find a place in Toronto...

So no Arabic commentary on the version you bought there in Brazil either eh?

And what about Be a Pro exhibbition match with 2 players? Still not possible?

No arabic in our version (English x2, french and mex spanish)

But thats xbox, i think the ps3 version has more comentaries since the disc is bigger(blueray)...

Didnt chegk bap actually, dont really play it...

damn fifa sounding great.

Whats career mode saying?

I started one yestarday with Cruzeiro...

1st impression is great, everything is more alive imo, players talk to u etc.. deadline day is really nice.. also they make a team per team preview of the season talking about teams streanghts and weakness plus an interview with the key player, brilliant!

I predict by Monday all the flaws will have come to light, everyone will be moaning and the game will be crap.

Just like the demo.

One can only hope history doesnt repeat itself this year. Dont think I will be able to get online tonight lads but the game is safely on the hdd and I wil be around sooner or later. We need to wake vindaloo from the dead too....

I'm still not used to the defending. The CPU just turns and passes way too fast, tactical defending never seems to put me in a place to make a tackle, and if I don't use it I'm just following a defender til he ultimately cuts back or finds an open man, which there always is thanks to my cpu ai
Also I've been fouled twice in 10 games.

I have xbox as well so once I get Live, maybe we can have a game or two Bruno! :)

I don't even speak Arabic so I don't mind but their commentary is always entertaining!

Tell us more about CM mode as you find out. I'm guessing some Brazilian clubs are still not licensed are they?

Seen the Ticker options? :) Just for you...aren't they nice!!!!

Pffffft wasn't just for me!

Only played one match so far but I enjoyed it, seems good, pitch is nice and big :) Didn't play much of the demo (in fact only 1 match on 360) because of the issue with EPL spoilers, I watch all 10 fixtures each week so takes me until the middle of each week to get them all watched really :)

Started a career mode with Man City, wanted to experience things having money and being under pressure of expectation and also experience squad disharmony! Started the season by listing Tevez, Bridge for sale and a bunch of kids for loan (want to see if the loan system is realistic this time), and put in an £85m bid for Cronaldo, surprisingly only started with something like £107m transfer budget which seems a bit low :(

Only played one match so far but I enjoyed it, seems good, pitch is nice and big :) Didn't play much of the demo (in fact only 1 match on 360) because of the issue with EPL spoilers, I watch all 10 fixtures each week so takes me until the middle of each week to get them all watched really :)

Started a career mode with Man City, wanted to experience things having money and being under pressure of expectation and also experience squad disharmony! Started the season by listing Tevez, Bridge for sale and a bunch of kids for loan (want to see if the loan system is realistic this time), and put in an £85m bid for Cronaldo, surprisingly only started with something like £107m transfer budget which seems a bit low :(

I guess its because its a post Aguero,Nasri trasnfer budget? hehehe

Sucks theres no Ultimate Team in the early release. Still, loving the game alot. Can't belive I'm saying it.

(

You're a BEAST!! and I thought I was a football freak! lol

Do let us know about your CM mode and the loan system etc.

An absolute joy to play on slow full manual all though I'm getting my arse kicked on world class

Few things I've noticed
Camera angles are awesome - more custom on dynamic
Impact engine seems fixed very subtle
Deffo difference in way teams play
Tactics make. a difference now
AI will rip u apart if u dive in to tackles
Stats play a part on manual - try on a low league team
Animations v good
Presentation v good

Awesome so far

I have xbox as well so once I get Live, maybe we can have a game or two Bruno! :)

I don't even speak Arabic so I don't mind but their commentary is always entertaining!

Tell us more about CM mode as you find out. I'm guessing some Brazilian clubs are still not licensed are they?

Most teams are.. only 6 not.. and only Internacional of the big ones... so its pretty much ok... the rosters are very updated , i worked on them myself :D

Anyone else having some games where there's no commentary at all, like it's failed to load?

If you're in career mode there's no commentary in cup matches. At least the early rounds of lesser cups like Johnstone Paint. I expect it WAD, but don't ask me why.

I've warmed up to it a lot after playing with sliders and turning things to mostly manual, but there's still precious little difference between sides in 1P.

...Also I've been fouled twice in 10 games.

This - the game would be the closest FIFA yet to the way football actually plays except the CPU almost never bloody fouls you!
Been playing for two days, 10-minute time setting and the most the CPU has fouled me in a match is twice which happened one time - the norm is zero to one foul per. I've tried precision dribbling, shoulder button, holding it up in traffic and it doesn't seem to matter - the CPU won't lunge in or if they do you get knocked to the floor and bloody Tyler talks about how fair the challenge was.
This all means free kicks for you are almost non-existent while on the other hand you're the only one who's going to be getting carded as I haven't seen the CPU booked once. Really detracts from the sense of realism -

Placebo -Have you noticed you can't change weather/time of day in CM before a match? :(

No but I saw it mentioned, real shame :( Being unable to stop snow matches would suck as it's horrible in the game and unrealistic.

If you're in career mode there's no commentary in cup matches. At least the early rounds of lesser cups like Johnstone Paint. I expect it WAD, but don't ask me why.

It's supposed to be Townsend and Tyldlesly in the cups isn't it? Do they work if you choose manually?

Most teams are.. only 6 not.. and only Internacional of the big ones... so its pretty much ok... the rosters are very updated , i worked on them myself :D

6 is still more than I'd like and would put me off doing a proper Brazilian CM mode but for a REAL fan like you (Cruzeiro) then I can see why you'd still attempt it.

Overall doesn't sound bad though. Do-able. What about faces? You see any Brazilian league faces apart from guys like Neymar or no?

Yeah - it is a real shame :( But as Scutch mentioned - Hopefully it will be fixed in a patch! But I noticed when I played the pre-season friendlies, that I had a game against Valencia 7.45 PM - And it was played during the Day :( But as I spoke to my brother, we discussed that maybe it is because it is during the summer - Must wait and see when I reach November/December..

Can't play anymore before tomorrow :( The game is in my thoughts even though I am at a birthday party.. It is so addictive! :D

You're on the internet at a birthday party? :P

I know what you mean though!

Is FC copenhagen the only Danish team still in there?

And are Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev not in game?

Back
Top Bottom